Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election (27903 Views)

Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree. / The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / FLASHBACK: Sanusi Doesn't Know How Oil Revenues Are Remitted - Andrew Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by ajebuter(f): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2015
Yeah! From the stinking breath of Tinubu right to the front page of The Nation newspaper!

Bravo!

When will this guy realise this is no more about Lagos or regional politics?

Plus isn't there jounalism ethics anymore, considering the way The Nation and Sahara Reporter make a mess of their profession with their licking and kissing of tinubu's saggy a-s-s?

I have zero respect for these two media outlets.

5 Likes

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by lordhugo(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2015
They can hijack the positions...

....but they can not hijack our collective destinies!

Nigeria is on the path to greatness!
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by henryutd(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2015
No no
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by mekadinho(f): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2015
MTCHEEEEW.... A WELL SCRIPTED LIE FROM DA NATION... STILL WAITING FOR WHEN PMB LL START FIGHTING CORRUPTION... AND ANY CORRUPTION CAMPAIGN WHICH DOESNT START WITH TINUBU AND AMECHI IS NOTHING BUT A WITCH HUNT.

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by Cadamlk: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2015
If this story is true in any way,then it is high time the masses took their destiny into their own hands.We need to have one voice and say no to all those political canker worms
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by ridgeman: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Hope they have moved on. Because if they haven't then they will lose the battle for ministerial positions

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by Midegee(m): 8:37am On Jun 14, 2015
now we know the enemies of this great nation of ours, not pdp nor APC but some scumbags nitwits trying to shield unrepentant thieves from facing justice all because of position (power).May God himself probe them all and bring them to books....happy sunday y'all

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by sorom4: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2015
LIES FROM THE DEEPEST PIT OF HELL TO COVER SHAME. BTW; is Punch not a Tinubu advisory?

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by mozkunzult: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2015
i smell fish
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by cvibe2: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2015
The question is who should be blamed....the APC Senators being at the wrong place at the wrong time rather than at the Senate, or PMB inviting them for a meeting he knew he would not attend.

There is absolutely no reason why you should not want a great life.

You are totally awesome. Your friends always tell you what a great catch you are. But you have a problem. You’re still single. Not only are you single, you can’t see any good reason why you’re single.

All the bad boys and naughty girls are hooking up and getting married, and here you are: smart, working class, busy professional, relatively drama-free, and alone at night. Again!.

Whenever you’re out in public, you see all the couples or married people, and wonder how and where they met up, and what was said to get the ball rolling.

Now let’s look at it another way…

Imagine yourself having more people romantically interested in you. Imagine that special someone writing you back, accepting your offer of a first date, becoming your partner.

Sound good?

www.OnlyWorkingClass.com

Marry right and live a good life!

The premium dating site for working class singles, busy professionals and successful business people.

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2015
Two serving governors and two former governors all from the South west participated in the plot, meetings were held in Abeokuta and Ilishan in Ogun state.
And the news is from the Nation newspaper owns by Tinubu.

Very interesting .

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by Jarus(m): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2015
Jlow2:
later some pple will come here and call tinubu names just because he single handedly wrestled power ftom pdp, i think we re better in hands of tinubu s men than saraki and his blood sucking pdp cabals, whom has brut us so much pain and povertyGOD blessed tinubu with foresight, with time we will see reasons why we dnt need saraki as sp, nothin good can come from pdp believe me, as u can see dey hav hijackd d nass, but i will like to remind saraki from henceforth he will need 2/3 and not 1/2 or 1/3.

No doubt the the story will be largely true, but it presents Tinubu as too clean and anti-corruption that one begins to wonder whether the story was not written by Tinubu himself. The Nation can do better.

The most glaring inaccuracy in the report was that Tinubu dropping Akume for Lawan because of "respect for Buhari". Anyone with the slightest knowledge of Nigerian politics knows the real reason Tinubu dropped Akume for Lawan, was to pave way for Gbajamiala push as speaker, as SP Akume coming from NC and Speaker Gbaja from SW will mean NE will not gain anything, which will be a difficult push as Dogara from NE would beat Gbaja if Akume of NC (and not Lawan of NE) emerged.

2 Likes

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by charly4lyf(m): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2015
Watching on 6D
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by obijekwu72: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2015
Saint Tinubu. Nations newspaper can go to hell. All this wahala is cos an igboman is d deputy senate presido. Now think of it. He choses Akume after David Mark held d post for 8years. Not even south with was considered. So he wants to pocket naija like south west.

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by bishopcarterIV: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2015
myklangelo:
Truthfully, I can't lie. I know when Tinubu wrote this article, he begged me to publish it I refused, so he took it elsewhere.
The real gist is that Saraki's coming to power is the handiwork of market women in Ochanja mkt, dem are protecting their red oil biz. Don't tell anyone o!

I don't disappoint, the 2nd Igbo language weekend tutorial is out in my blog. It is educative in a new way. Visit my blog.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
you worst oooo
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by sam13(m): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2015
fitzmayowa:
Cabals everywhere you go...I guess we do not practise democracy in nigeria its "cabalmocracy" we practise...

BTW is the nation newspaper not owned by tinubu, how come they are just publishing this news now...

I think that is why the nation newspaper has to go down deep to bring out the information any other newspapers who dare attempt this will probably face stiff opposition I think except sahara reporter. PDP sha all the times
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by loomer: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Make una shut up jare. All political offices everywhere in the world, na rich men de influence dem.

So make una no make this one seem like new thing
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by ideylaff: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2015
oloriooko:
OP
This is arrant nonsense and demonstration of high level of ignorance.
These leaders were not chosen but voted in, so what are you talking about here.
1. APC delivered the deputy seat to PDP free of charge
2. The OP suddenly discovered that these guys are oil barons when it came to choice of leadership in the house but not before and during the elections
3. APC should take full responsibility for the mess in the house , learn from it and move on.

Don't be ignorant my brother . You think senators vote for free. Hmmmmmm

Money changed hands big time

Read my post here, I hinted this story days ago this just confirm it

I even mentioned names of the principal players

Who was the first person Saraki visited on the same day he was elected (Atiku Abubakar) read between the lines

https://www.nairaland.com/2372120/people-behind-bukola-sarakis-emergence

As soon as I belong to everybody and nobody statement was made........ Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote and a few other rich people started to deep. Knowning Buharis past history with corruption and a man that divorced his wife after coming out from house arrest all just because she went to IBB to ask for upkeep money for the family.

The looked around and did not have to look far to see over ambitious Bukola Saraki as a tool they can use to slow down thinks like

Subsidy Probe , Import Waiver & Duty Scandal with Ministry of Finance and Internationak Trade (Aganga' Minisry)

They came together and put up close to 3 Billion Naira..... to make sure they had the senators on their side

Dont you ever think Dino is a real anti corruption hero or person oooooo

If Ben Brice keeps quiet he knows what went down.... not sure if he collected any money but I know he was on Bukola side and he will surely be a commitee chairman... just watch how it all unfolds.

The main people in the know that put up most of the money - Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola and Atiku Abubakar, who still beleives Tinubus and PAC's Open ballot during the Presidential Priomaries killed his ambition...

Atiku always has a score to settle with Tinubu... you can tell it was not all smooth sailing all thru the campaign with Buhari where Atiku only made one apprerance with an excuse the Party Chairman knows where I am if he needs me... bla bla bla

Bukola has forgetten that the cane used the whip the 1st wife is always kept above the ceiling

Goodluck to him

FYI I am not a Tinubu fan,I am just telling it like it is........
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like 1 Share (Share)

1 Like

Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by major466(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2015
Another damage control article aimed at National Assembly leadership credibility. An attempt to create the impression that corrupt people were behind the emergence of Saraki and Dogara. Nothing but a beer palour gossip.
Oil cabals against Tinubu because he refused to cooperate with them Complete Rubbish! Tinubu fighting corruption is like Batman singing at an Opera show. Is Tinubu not part of the cabals
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Arrant nonsense and jargon filled article.

Jonathan has left Nigeria for una, you guys still feel is okay to drag him into national assembly politics that has nothing to do with him.

And Imagine the corrupt master Tinibu claiming to be a saint. Hehehehe, Nobody in Nigeria needs to be told who tinibu is, regardless of all the white-washing you people are doing to him, we still sabi am.
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by oloriooko(m): 9:00am On Jun 14, 2015
ideylaff:

Don't be ignorant my brother . You think senators vote for free. Hmmmmmm

Money changed hands big time

Read my post here, I hinted this story days ago this just confirm it

I even mentioned names of the principal players

Who was the first person Saraki visited on the same day he was elected (Atiku Abubakar) read between the lines
So you expect the APC government who they gave heavily to for the elections to now prosecute them?
And you think am ignorant? I think you need to see that PMB is handicapped to break the cartel of the oil barons. Bros forget it if anything will happen to them, even Jagaban is not excluded
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by chigoizie7(m): 9:00am On Jun 14, 2015
voxpopp:
There can never be anything good in PDP...nothing ever. They are still using their proxies that was enriched while in power to pull strings in high places

My dear ,in as much as I don't support them, but that's the game of politics, that's their saddle point.
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by nortcentrallord(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2015
The tables have turned. The apc has now turned decipher of conspiracy theory and explanation giver to all who cares to listen.
The rope used to tire the broom shouldn't be weak @ this early stage or else if it gets cut, the broom will scatter and the janitor will 'v nothing to work with.
Politics!
Politricks!
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by Btruth: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2015
What ever be their enterprise, the Lord is bigger than all of them. Anyone that says this country will not be good, that person will not be around to see the goodness of this country in Jesus name.

Awon were gbogbo.
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by coolzeal(m): 9:08am On Jun 14, 2015
The power of the media and money. Nigeria is doomed!!!..
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by basilo101: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Jlow2:
later some pple will come here and call tinubu names just because he single handedly wrestled power ftom pdp, i think we re better in hands of tinubu s men than saraki and his blood sucking pdp cabals, whom has brut us so much pain and povertyGOD blessed tinubu with foresight, with time we will see reasons why we dnt need saraki as sp, nothin good can come from pdp believe me, as u can see dey hav hijackd d nass, but i will like to remind saraki from henceforth he will need 2/3 and not 1/2 or 1/3.
Stop making these nonsense claim b4 d North deal with u again. Hw cn u say dat Tinubu singlehandedly wrestled power frm PDP? Dats hw u polish ur local champions with propanda but wen they kum up to d national level they fall yakata
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by VUVUZELA10: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2015
bola tinubu Propaganda.
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 14, 2015
I'm still wondering how PMB is going to fight these same (oil big boys) cabals that have managed to crawl back into the corridors of the new administration. Buhari should pls not let Nigerians down;the people who voted massively for him,and those who trekked distances for him.
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by galadima77(m): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2015
orobs93:
I don't care which of the barons hijacked or down jacked all I know is that anybody wey say my country nor go better...HOLY GHOST FIRE go consume am..Amen

well said...bless u bro
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by major466(m): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2015
gboss4sure:
Arrant nonsense and jargon filled article.

Jonathan has left Nigeria for una, you guys still feel is okay to drag him into national assembly politics that has nothing to do with him.

And Imagine the corrupt master Tinibu claiming to be a saint. Hehehehe, Nobody in Nigeria needs to be told who tinibu is, regardless of all the white-washing you people are doing to him, we still sabi am.
The article aimed to window dress Tinubu to the public and showcase him as a victim of oil cabals because of his stance against corruption. Any body who believes Tinubu will fight corruption will believe that Michel is the President of West Germany.
Re: How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election by honourhim: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2015
Tinubu's paper. I cant belorve o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy 52nd Birthday To Fashola: Checkout These His Lovely Pics With Tinubu / My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari / Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.