Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98256 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by denzel2009: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
Lmao, let me scan your computer for you and I will show you nasties. Don't worry enjoy your squeaky clean computer.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by amblors(m): 12:55am On Aug 06, 2011
@OP

Kaspersky.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by lacastre: 10:40am On Aug 06, 2011
it is not virus that cause most of the problems on our system,your anti virus cannot solve the problems of spyware and slow system as well as malware,
It is possible to get the best antivirus bu still experience,slow system,system hanging etc
To get all these done,get these naija/american software made,that will make your system boot up as fast as possible as well as shut down.
you can also double the power of your battery,etc
All for 4k call 07037905533
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tshoboy(m): 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2011
Help somebody,need help to reactivate my Mcafee antivirus,trial's up
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
denzel2009:

Lmao, let me scan your computer for you and I will show you nasties. Don't worry enjoy your squeaky clean computer.

don't bother friend, norton is already doing that.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by denzel2009: 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2011
George_D:

don't bother friend, norton is already doing that.

Enjoy bro. Norton will never detect rootkits on your system though.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
yeah, i guess it won't but as long as the rootkits don't root out my personal data or steal
my bank info, maybe i shouldn't bother too much, don't you think?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chukwudi01: 3:29am On Aug 08, 2011
I recommended three things to customers while I was working as a computer technician during undergrad: Microsoft Security Essentials, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, and common sense.

All three are effective and FREE. Don't be afraid of MSE because it's made by Microsoft. You can put it near the top of the list of things they've done right.

LOL at some of you people using McAfee or Norton.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Blakez: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2011
D best antivirus to use is eset and nod32
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by realvenc: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2011
My Mcafee anti virus just expired and am thinking of leaving them and going for NORTON 360 VERSION 5.

Pls house what is your take on this.

Meanwhile i did a windows update on my system and i am now seeing Microsoft Security Essentials saying am protected. Does this mean i may not be needing another antivirus.

If i still need to buy an antivirus, do i still install it with the Microsoft Security Essential

Pls all your advice is needed
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2011
chukwudi01,

that's a strong mse endorsement once again.

realvenc,
as you can see from chukwudi's post, its best to stick with mse.

its effective and best of all, its free!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by adey4real: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
Blakez:

D best antivirus to use is eset and nod32

Another endorsement, @ realvenc, i will advise use go for the best ANTIVIRUS and INTERNET SECURITY. ESET is tested and trusted. U can download a 30 days trial at www.esetng.com or/and get their September promo "ESET BUYOUT CAMPAIGN".

They will be buying out your costs, frustrations and down time in getting the right security solution, switch NOW to get 20% discount!!!

Check out Guidance newspaper on Tuesdays and attached flyer

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2011
there will be no switching, my brother when there is free mse to do a better job! grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by realvenc: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
@Chukwudi01, @George_D, @adey4real

Actually i never knew Microsoft Security Essential was a Full Anti Virus that can give Max Protection to a PC.

Am not even sure how i came to start having it on my PC. Just started seeing it after i did a Windows update and it showed computer status- Protected.

But most people i asked abt it where like it may not be a full anti virus that can give protection against all malwares and virus so that was why i posted here.

So i still need to know if it is ok and safe for me to just use MSE only on my system.

Then is it ok to run but MSE and Norton or ESET

Another thing i want to know is whether ESET has got multiuser licenses like Norton has and where one can purchase that online.

For instance i can buy a Norton 360 3 user license and use on Max 3 pc system

Pls your contributions needed.

Thanks all
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2011
realvenc,
take my advice, go for mse and forget about those other ones. its a full fledged anti-virus with all the protection.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by youngguru(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2011
i thk d ten best antivirus we hav are
avast
mcafee
kapasky
microsoft protections
avg
avira
malwarebytes
clamwin
cloud antivirus
comodo

i thk i no more,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by amankumar: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2011
E-scan is best antivirus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by PRESERVER(m): 1:08am On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by adey4real: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2011
Confirmed bro,
amankumar:

E-scan is best antivirus.

@ realvenc, ESET Antivirus has multi user license and they are currently running BUY-OUT Promotion which will last till September. Better still you can call 08098106197 or mail:buyout-online@esetng.com for more details.

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by amankumar: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2011
E-scan is a best antivirus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2011
why buy what you can get for free? mse is it!  smiley
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by adey4real: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2011
George_D:

why buy what you can get for free? mse is it!  smiley

BROS, There is nothing FREE, even in freetown
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by eset2011(f): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2011
Secure your system with ESET antivirus and avoid unpleasant surprises. Get 20% instant discount on our buyout promo. call: 08098106197  / mail: buyout-online.com  for details. Protecting your digital world

www.esetng.com

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
adey4real:

BROS, There is nothing FREE, even in freetown

i agree with you my brother. there are many sharp people ready to sell even the very air you breathe back to you if only your willing to pay for it.

the wise ones know how to get for free what others buy with money! wink
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
George_D:

i agree with you my brother. there are many sharp people ready to sell even the very air you breathe back to you if only your willing to pay for it.

the wise ones know how to get for free what others buy with money! wink
You'll want to take back those words after using Linux and opensource programs.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunde300us(m): 12:02am On Aug 19, 2011
What could be wrong when a system starts saying something like THE SYSTEM MEMORY HAS BEEN CHANGED ,and when it finally finish booting and you do a right click of any folder , it will have as part of it options SHELL CMD.
I want to assume its a virus,but even kaspersky wont see it after a scan
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
skydancer:

You'll want to take back those words after using Linux and opensource programs.

aye. i'm not really a fan of linux and open source but i suspect they should even further buttress my point rather than vitiate them. wink
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
George_D:

aye. i'm not really a fan of linux and open source but i suspect they should even further buttress my point rather than vitiate them. wink
How's that when 80% of web server operating systems use linux including that of nairaland? The Linux OS is far far better than that of Microsoft who have been struggling so many years now to catch up. People are just stuck helplessly with Windows coz you have choice of more programs there. Moreover, the last Microsoft Career Conference I attended, Linux skills was the third top career choice before Microsoft Certifications. Wake up and clean your eyes. cool

@tunde300us: You probably installed something recently that made changes to your operating system without your knowledge of the program itself. Post your problem in the (Computer troubles sections instead)
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
skydancer:

How's that when 80% of web server operating systems use linux including that of nairaland? The Linux OS is far far better than that of Microsoft who have been struggling so many years now to catch up. People are just stuck helplessly with Windows coz you have choice of more programs there. Moreover, the last Microsoft Career Conference I attended, Linux skills was the third top career choice before Microsoft Certifications. Wake up and clean your eyes. cool

bro, nothing do you! i'm certainly cleaning my eyes well, well!

i think we're on the same page as far the free thingy is concerned.

linux and open source does for you what others sell for huge dough! smiley
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
George_D:

bro, nothing do you! i'm certainly cleaning my eyes well, well!

i think we're on the same page as far the free thingy is concerned.

linux and open source does for you what others sell for huge dough!  smiley
You're welcome. One more sweet thing you can get for free is robosam A tiny program that can work together with your existing antivirus to provide permanent protection. It's much better than USB Disk Security Disk smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.