Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98090 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2011
cy4ril:

Is they any one who has original Norton 360 Antivirus. Reply thru cy4real141@yahoo.com

its in the nearest computer shop in your area-only that you have to pay for it.  wink
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by EEVICTOREE(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
Just got a brand new Hp system, and Norton Internet Security was installed on it already. But it came with 60days. Am wondering who have a valid key for the subscription to be more than 60 days

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by azukanoah: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
gdata antivirus come with one year free. why not try dat.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chux76(m): 12:12am On Oct 02, 2011
I also need the NORTON key
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by erico2k2(m): 12:52am On Oct 02, 2011
you need to search who has bought they keys, they are licensed to be used for up to four pc/laptops
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by swaggerkid(m): 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
norton aantivirus came with ma hp635 and it just 60 days validaton key and i uninstalled it and installed avast did i make d rite decision
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2011
swaggerkid:

norton aantivirus came with ma hp635 and it just 60 days validaton key and i uninstalled it and installed avast did i make d rite decision
well yeh as you dont have the debit or credit card to buy the full license, avast is free so its crap, it wont re define virus like norton which comes from a live server.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chux76(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ericko
So are you saying the Free AVAST is not good enough to protect our PC's and Laptops?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by expensive007(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
eset2011:

ESET NOD32 and Smart Security offer the latest generation of threat detection and multi-layered endpoint security to protect your business from .

The latest generation of the legendary ESET NOD32 Antivirus takes your security to a whole new level. Rely on the exceptional abilities of ESET to protect your PC.

Our buyout promo is still on. Hurry now to enjoy 20% discount on our solutions, >>> 08098106197 , >>> buyout-online@esetng.com, >>>www.esetng.com

eset2011:

ESET NOD32 and Smart Security offer the latest generation of threat detection and multi-layered endpoint security to protect your business from .

The latest generation of the legendary ESET NOD32 Antivirus takes your security to a whole new level. Rely on the exceptional abilities of ESET to protect your PC.

Our buyout promo is still on. Hurry now to enjoy 20% discount on our solutions, >>> 08098106197 , >>> buyout-online@esetng.com, >>>www.esetng.com

well i actualy gbadun that latest eset antivirus, but all thsame r u sayin u have the seial key?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Digriz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
chux76:

@ericko
So are you saying the Free AVAST is not good enough to protect our PC's and Laptops?
not so good
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
Digriz:

not so good

supported! i used free avast once and i my pc got infected with trojans even though i always
update my virus definitions regularly.

besides, avast so cleverly made the free update server so sluggish so as to frustrate free users.
most times its either the server is not available or even when its available its takes ages just
to download a file not more than 5mb!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
The sad reality is this
Even if you got McAfe whis is one of the best, you still gonna have problems in NIGERIA reasonis this updates itself regularly as you are connected to the Net,seeing as teh download upload speed is frustratingly slow in 9ja its a no no plus if you have one of these subscriptions it menas you going to be using more of your Airtime or Monthly allowance.
Now in Nigeria what are you fears if you dont have antivirus, just teh fear of you laptop being killed by virus, well thats good, you can revive it back but if you are in the west, its diffrent, your personal details could be stollen by trojans,bank accounts details, credit cards,your pictures you name it.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by green10119(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
I really could not help but comment on the antivirus topic, there are good antivirus programs out there i personally can recommend some of the programs i have been using over the years, but the problem with us is that we don't really go for the full package and yet we want full protection which i think will never be possible unless you are really good with cracksgrin ESET  on it own is a good program AVG is good too but as for Avast which was the main topic i don't really know about it, there is always an over performance problem with Avast but seems they are trying to fix that now and i can't wait to try it out and review it on my Download site http://greenlandng.com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
erico,
i agree we don't have credit cards, personal info, etc to worry about them getting stolen but have you
considered that some of these viruses when they crash your pc, they do so on those times you really
need it most, e.g when going for a presentation, preparing a proposal, etc?

also, contrary to your claim, not everything can be recovered from a crashed system-even with the best
backup system out there.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by naureen87(f): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
I agree that Avria Antivirus us superb. It protects your pc from so many harm viruses. hosting
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2011
naureen,
avira was not superb for me either.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by richkids1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
With my experience as a tech writer and blogger, there is nothing like the best antivirus but the best computer user's involvement. If you are no involved in what is happening on your PC, chances are that you may later pay dearly for it. Thanks for this
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by erico2k2(m): 9:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
George_D:

erico,
i agree we don't have credit cards, personal info, etc to worry about them getting stolen but have you
considered that some of these viruses when they crash your pc, they do so on those times you really
need it most, e.g when going for a presentation, preparing a proposal, etc?

also, contrary to your claim, not everything can be recovered from a crashed system-even with the best
backup system out there.
yes you are right there,but come to think of it,even with Mcafe and Northern,you can still get Virus,ie new ones that has not been defined in thier servers so if you are preparing for a presentation as you just said, do your home work on a USB stick, best way,well thast what I do, my workable files are on my laptop that never goes on the internet ,but thats just me, Im more worried bout someone stealing my identity than my laptop crashing as a result of virus activities cos i can fix that in less that 3 hours.my 2 pence lol
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2011
I can get you any antivirus you can think of and you may use it for how long you want, if only you can show a little appreciation to encourage me, you know how to contact me.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Tmoney212(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2011
The Best Anti Virus recently now is AVG, ! It is an Internet Security Anti Virus,
Try and u will see what am talking about,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by green10119(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2011
I think i would go with AVG too it's fast becoming one of the good programs out there and tops the list on editors pick i hope to hear from them soonest can't wait to list them on my site
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by erico2k2(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2011
green10119:

I think i would go with AVG too it's fast becoming one of the good programs out there and tops the list on editors pick i hope to hear from them soonest can't wait to list them on my site
AVG is crap my friend, you cant compare it with any of the paid subscription ones ie Northern or Mcafe,these ones have everything.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
jonescosmo:

I can get you any antivirus you can think of and you may use it for how long you want, if only you can show a little appreciation to encourage me, you know how to contact me.

if your expecting any patronage from here, friend your very mistaken.

peeps here are smarter than you think!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by eset2011(f): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
You can't believe this, we are giving it for independence promo. Providing the best protection solution for your business. ESET antivirus runs on cross platform.

We protect your digital worlds

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2011
George_D:

if your expecting any patronage from here, friend your very mistaken.

peeps here are smarter than you think!

I never said you should pay before I will give you the Anti-Virus, I humbly asked for support, Its because of stingy chaps like you that most Nigerian programmers don't stand a chance.
In the western world, most programmers work from home because reasonable citizens will donate as little as they can just to encourage the poor fellow who spends his time developing programs that the poor masses who cannot afford the exorbitant and highly priced softwares.
I could remember sometimes in 2009 when this "Best Antivirus" thread started that I gave countless number of people free Apps and I never asked for a dime.

Cheers. y'all
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by JUO(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2011
those of u making noise take a look at these worms, viruses, Trojan e.t.c if your so called antivirus can see them not to talk of cleaning or removing

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2011
Look at This, You too can have a valid license, Provided you do not redistribute it.

Cheers

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
And this for Mac OS X

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
My First give away licence for Eset:
Username: EAV-5***1**8
Password: h***7***x*
Expiry: Jan 8, 2012

First to call gets the full code(*).

Please Note that this key is not for redistribution.

+234-809-8COSMOS or +2348098267667

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by mackyanderson(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
I'm using Avira Antivirus! it's pretty good. Try it. cheesy
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by noah54: 6:15am On Oct 19, 2011
i use Trend Micro Office scan

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.