Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98167 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2009
I have problem of chosing the best free antivirus, i mean between avast and AVG, if we were to vote, i am sure one of those 2 will win.
Some will also say avira - but i have never used it yet
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by stancozy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2009
And where would you put Kaspersky ?? To me, avg is feedle to kaspersky not to talk of avast(stupid anivirus)
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by KINGBEN1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2009
AM A COMPUTER CHARTERED ENGINNEER. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD MOST OF THESE POPULAR ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES ARE 95% VERY EFFICIENT, ITS NOT OK TO DISCRIMINANT ABOUT THESE SOFTWARE.MOST PEOPLE ARE USERS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW HOW THEY ARE CONFIGURED. CHAOO!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
stancozy:

And where would you put Kaspersky ?? To me, avg is feedle to kaspersky not to talk of avast(stupid anivirus)
I agree totally with you on that, i did say i consider kapersky the best in my last 3 post from now. . .
the above post, i was rating the best free antivirus - based on my own experience.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by julimaxy: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2009
I will recommend first karpesky as the best overall
then AVG and macafee.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by fxmaxony(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2009
My AVG internet security is still rockin, I have upgraded to 8.5 375
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Djcn: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
The best antivirus is to leave ur system without an antivirus? tongue
Can u beat that
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by kend0a2j: 1:00am On Jul 02, 2009
Used AVG for a long time and i was in love with it, until it got to a point i could not update it anymore, each time i try to update i get error msg. tried Avast and discovered it was not stil good enuf while i tried cleanin my external HD from some trojans, then tried NOD32 for a while and it only made it worse couldn't do a thing kept advising to delete files instead of repair, then Kaspersky did a little wonder but could not keep up wit kaspersky cos it detected some of my programs as virus and wouldn't let them run properly plus i was using Win XP compat. application for Vista, u know d difficultly if u know wat am talkin about, and then came Norton 2009, wow am sure this will break many hearts, it worked wonders fixed my external HD but stil didn't like it cos i never did, now am back to avast.

In all i stil think kaspersky worked the best during this period.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by pafegs(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
The best antivirus is not easy to say. The best way to find out what might be close to the answer is to visit websites with huge antivirus reviews. There individuals will give you their experiences and reasons for respective performances from this products. AVG is the most downloaded on the internet, i wonder why? But personal advice is USE INTERNET SECURITY OH! BETTER THAN SO CALLED ANTIVIRUS.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by shilohboy(m): 7:23am On Jul 04, 2009
Been using avast for over 5 years now and it hasn't given me cause to cry. I'm always getting online to recieve updates. Not saying its the best, just personal experience. My belief is tat all antiviruses are not 100%. If one antivirus can do it all,why have newer versions? The makers leave loopholes in the programs, probably create a virus tat can get thru n then when ur pc gets infected, they tell u that their antivirus software can handle it so u go to them for upgrade or download from them a new program. Wat do y'all think?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2009
please, nobody should venture near deepfreeze, mcafee and and panda. the stupid programs crashed my system making me lose everything in my system evem when i hadn't run it.
avg, stupid anti-virus couldn't detect and 'quarantine' as it usually does.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ temicity, is this your own version of nairaland? grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by aomom(m): 7:07am On Jul 06, 2009
Go to www.4shared.com
Download the mcafee 2008 virus scan plus.
Itz a 1 year sub. thang
Diz what i av used 4 over 40 vista lappy.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by ade9ja(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
panda is okay
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by sirwebs(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
I need hlp with getting rid of autoron.inf on my system. My avast dosen't seem to see it as a worm/T-horse during scans but if i copy files from the system to a laptop running Mcafee the Mcafee detects the autorun.inf.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Donseaun(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2009
Ah!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by olawuwoola: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2009
Nod 32 is ok
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by emmacom: 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2009
dont even think of Avast 4.8 its not a good antivirus. rather i prefer the professional version which has good functionality

Emmanuel Akpan
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by ntutu(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2009
FINALY I HAVE FOUND A SITE THAT GIVES OUT FREE LAPTOP TO PEOPLE WHO JUST SIGN UP WITH THEM UNDER 3 WEEKS.GO TO http://gadgets.freebiejeebies.co.uk/46136
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by emmacom: 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2009
you have not told us the full details of this programs, like how many people do you refer
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by boycutt: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
list of good av below

F secure 2009
Nod
Eset
kaspersky 2009
but i prefere f secure.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by blackman2: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
i think the best anti virus to use is the best ever on earth neglected by human and that is Spire ware terminator reliable
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 2:52am On Jul 21, 2009
Actually there is definitely no best antivirus I know yet. This is because Antiviruses mainly use virus signatures to detect viruses. As such, it is as if the Antivirus company with the largest database of Antivirus is the best. AVG sometimes has the highest virus database. Kaspersky once topped too. McAfee has never topped since they topped in 2002. Norton is known for its smart heuristics. Kaspersky also has nice malware counter technologies like ichecker, e.t.c. As for me, I don't use AntiViruses, and I can assure you that a virus has never entered and can never enter my system without my permission. I am the kernel of my PC.  cool I dance on the sky
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by muyiscoi(m): 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2009
the best antivirus is to toss your windows box and install any of the flavours of linux out there preferably Ubuntu (my fav.) and you will never have virus wahala again. grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by darkey(m): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2009
Hey pple, where's bitdefender in all of this it's cool to use, uses low cpu processing, d downside is that u av to b connected to update it
wt do u all think?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:09am On Jul 29, 2009
@ALL , Please help me with the key of Norton 360,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by v3: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2009
I use AVG's Internet Security (i've got cracked serial keys). . .My License expires 26/08/2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.