Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,902 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Cancer-stricken Jade Goody Has Tied The Knot With Fiance Jack Tweed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cancer-stricken Jade Goody Has Tied The Knot With Fiance Jack Tweed (854 Views)

Bisi Alimi, His Mum And His Fiance Pictured Together / Nairalanders Tell Us Your Selling Point(goody Bag) / Kenyan Minister Ties The Knot With Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cancer-stricken Jade Goody Has Tied The Knot With Fiance Jack Tweed by dennylove(m): 6:53pm On Feb 22, 2009
JADE TIES THE KNOT
DYING Jade Goody will take her wedding vows today after pledging ALWAYS to keep her two sons in eternity

CANCER-stricken Jade Goody has tied the knot with fiance Jack Tweed.
The brave star - who may have just weeks to live - married her 21-year-old lover in an emotionally-charged ceremony at a luxury country hotel.

Sick Jade, 27, got an ovation from loved ones after she was able to stand throughout most of her 45-minute wedding ceremony.

The 27-year-old had last night flown by helicopter to Down Hall Country House Hotel in Hatfield Heath, Essex, from her home in nearby Upshire.

In-keeping with tradition, the bride arrived late for today's 12.30pm event.

Her spokesman Max Clifford said afterwards: "They are now man and wife."

Thrilled
Clifford said the married couple were “thrilled” they could spend what might be “their only night together”.

He said: “It started at 12.45pm so I suppose she kept him waiting for about 45 minutes, but that’s her prerogative I’m told.

“It was lovely. The chapel was absolutely beautiful and I imagine there must be close to 200 people there. When they came out having signed the register they got a standing ovation from everybody there.

“It was just a very heart-rending, happy ceremony with lots of tears and lots of smiles and lots of laughter.”

He told reporters waiting outside the venue that Jade was able to stand throughout the service except for the final few minutes, and that the rest of today’s events would take place at her own pace.

“It was just a very beautiful, very moving service," he said.

SPOKESMAN: Publicist Max Clifford
"(The couple are) obviously very much in love, which the bishop commented on. They were very happy to be there and get married.

“I think it’s a huge relief that she was able to handle it the way she did, because obviously it’s been a worry to her.”

He added: “This is their one night together. It might be their only night together.

“They’ll be spending the night together here, compliments of Jack Straw. We’re very grateful to him for that.

“I know that both Jade and Jack are thrilled that they can spend the one night together. Then probably she’ll go home at some point tomorrow.”

Clifford had earlier said Jade was excited about her big day but had needed medical attention the night before.

“She was not too good last night but she had been overdoing things as we knew that she would" he had said.

Jack arrived shortly before 10am in a blue Rolls Royce - he was dressed in a blue track suit with a yellow number ’3’ motif.

Security
Police joined private security guards at the entrance to the hotel as throngs of fans and photographers had gathered.

It was just a very heart-rending, happy ceremony with lots of tears and lots of smiles and lots of laughter
The couple have sold picture rights to the wedding to a magazine and hired the hotel for the day.

Among guests seen arriving was the BBC television Crimewatch presenter Nick Ross.

Jade has told how Jack proposed after doctors told her that she was likely to die in the near future.

Jack of Ongar, Essex, was given an 18-month jail term after being convicted of assaulting a teenage boy with a golf club, in September.

He was released from prison earlier this year on licence.

One of the conditions of his licence is that he must live at an address in Buckhurst Hill, Essex, and observe a curfew which does not allow him to go out of the house after 7pm.

Ministry of Justice officials last week intervened to vary the curfew conditions and allow Jack to spend his wedding night with his new bride.

Jade's agent said he believed that the Sugababes would perform at the wedding as well as Incognito - a group of singers who disguise themselves as waiters.

GUEST: TV's Nick Ross
“She also has a wonderful cake,” added Clifford.

“The mixture of all the contents she loves.”

“I think it’s a huge relief that she was able to handle it the way she did, because obviously it’s been a worry to her
Clifford added Jade’s wedding and plight had attracted interest and sympathy from many parts of the world.

And he said she hoped that her story would help other women.

“She said to me: ’It’s too late for me, Max. hopefully for others, it will not be too late’,” he added.

Clifford was asked what approach he had taken to raising money through selling Jade’s story and replied: “I have had a bit of experience of this.

"It is trying to do the right thing for obviously as much money as possible and, of course, the least amount of stress.

“We have done a couple of things for an awful lot which will go to her boys.”
Re: Cancer-stricken Jade Goody Has Tied The Knot With Fiance Jack Tweed by Aleksey: 11:00pm On Feb 22, 2009
Why not? Those without cancer are dying everyday Click here

(1) (Reply)

Am In Love At Last But: / Male/female Visitor In Your Connubial Home / How Do I Deal With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.