Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State (2148 Views)

Photos From Osun State PDP Interdenominational Service In Osogbo Today / Live Photos From Osun 25th Anniversary / Aregbesola Receives Cheers From Osun Citizens While On His Way To Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Sibrah: 4:50am On Jun 15, 2015
I want to use this medium to appeal to our all important Federal govt to learn from Osun state plight and desist from handing out money to people who aren't guaranteed to be productive. I saw a thread where Osinbanjo, the VP, was still talking about how the Govt intends to start paying N5000 to unemployed people.
Osun state under Aregbesola and Oyinlola embarked on a lot of schemes that swelled the recurrent bill of the state and questionable infrastructural projects that swallowed scarce cash.
To be specific, Oyinlola's time was characterised by so many project that had little or no impact on the people coming at an exorbitant cost. The state had lots of sub-standard stadia with no vibrant hospitality to complement it. This was easily overlooked by many becos the allocation from Abuja seem assured and it looked like the state's birthright to most people favoured by this lopsided arrangement.
Aregbesola found himself there and quickly proceed to pursue what can be aptly described as a religiously biased agenda. He took over Missionary schools, started paying out stipends to unproductive hands, started feeding school pupils amongs others. For a wealthy economic unit there is nothing wrong if he decides to start feeding people and subsidizing non-productivity as is obtainable in most advance country where some are able to live entirely on welfare funds. Osun state economic vision should be in line with that of its creation. Osun state like bayelsa that was carved out of Rivers state, was carved out of Oyo state because of one-sided development as of that time. It was carved out to position it as an independent economic unit capable having its own destiny, a successful one at that. It therefore occurred to me as strange when Oyinlola and Aregbesola admin decided to make it a heavy weight baby state to the federal govt (Aregbesola is more guilty here) when they decided to abandon expansion of industries and go for accumulation of responsibilities already being borne by individuals and religious bodies. As we can all see today the state is in heavy financial mess and is finding it hard to pay salaries of service renderers whose services affects all in the state. If these governors had, in line with the vision of creation of Osun state, expanded its earning base like any independent economic unit would, by now industries should be contributing taxes and employing hands to cushion the effect of the disappearing pocket money from big daddy federal govt. It therefore baffles me that our federal govt who should have 36 times the wisdom of Osun state is trying to swell the recurrent bill of Nigeria by paying unproductive hands who aren't guaranteed to become productive anytime soon, N5000.
If this money is used in an honest manner to pursue growth of industries, I know it will bring amongst other Forex(as we start exporting), retention or sustenance of economic growth, revenue (tax), and employement to our economy. If so, why would the federal govt want to settle for payment of stipends to unproductive hands? Is it that the people are dropping dead as a result of hunger and need urgent intervention or they are crawling on their knees and need a helping hand so desperately?
I implore our federal govt to stop this wasteful idea that's near impossible to implement to even a 50% success rate. Let the FG learn from osun and realize that there is no insurance policy covering patronage in the intl oil market where the bulk of earning come from. If there was one, I am sure most states will have the Abuja pocket money insured.

Sibrah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 5:04am On Jun 15, 2015
Lets say Osun state is a bad example . which is a very dumb idea, Aregbesola's schemes helped a lot of people , students and parents , bus, feeding , money for the old and aged , all of which worked through his first term until GEJ decided to ruin the state's allocation

What will it take to convince you people that GEJ ruined Osun's allocation

In all the oil crash , GEJ was able to afford 2 trillion for his campaign but he cut osun's allocation from 4.5 Billion to 1.5 Billion

with a better and more experienced leader at the top , i think all those plans will help Nigerians

but what do i know ?

3 Likes

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Sibrah: 5:05am On Jun 15, 2015
^^ Read the last paragraph again.
You could go on and whine about how GEJ admin crippled Osun allocation but don't forget that there is no insurance policy covering Nigeria's income.
The wise thing to do is for everybody to work toward producing what they consume and possibly become net exporters so they can profit off other economic units ( countries ). I.e industrialize. Aregbe did so little of this and acted like there was some insurrance policy covering his pocket money from Abuja. It could have been all the way from intl oil market and he can't blame his customer for not buying 'our' oil enough. Stop supporting mismanagement, he did Omoluabi factory but then negated it with so many recurrent bills. He did it all.

6 Likes

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by bogolobango(m): 5:22am On Jun 15, 2015
@Sibrah is osun state the only state Owing in nigeria whats ur stress for god sake
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Sibrah: 5:24am On Jun 15, 2015
^^ No.
@bogolobango, if you happen to be a rich and influencial man with lots of not-so-rich family members looking up to you for support. Some with no jobs and source of income, will you start giving them pocket money every month OR ask for their CV and attempt to give 'em a source of income that engages them?
Osun state claimed the pple are poor and startes paying pple pocket money. I don't think it will be wise for the FG to toe same path even if Osun state had managed to cover theirs. Its is all about constructive criticism here and not blind politics of being 100% for them or 100% against them. Open your subconscious eye and see beyond political barriers brethren.

4 Likes

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by jogsman01(m): 5:42am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:
Lets say Osun state is a bad example . which is a very dumb idea, Aregbesola's schemes helped a lot of people , students and parents , bus, feeding , money for the old and aged , all of which worked through his first term until GEJ decided to ruin the state's allocation

In all the oil crash , GEJ was able to afford 2 trillion for his campaign but he cut osun's allocation from 4.5 Billion to 1.5 Billion

with a better and more experienced leader at the top , i think all those plans will help Nigerians

but what do i know ?
all this lies you are carrying on the reduction of allocation by the gej govt. u can fool others but not me. its on you anyway but if you know nothing about osun state, pls and pls, keep mute. thanks for ur cooperation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Ayomi088(m): 5:46am On Jun 15, 2015
undecided
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by papadjaji: 5:49am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

but what do i know ?

Abeg Park well jare.
GEJ slash Osun's allocation by N2.5b and no one heard anything from Ogbeni and his party?
Is GEJ the architect of fall of oil prices?
Are you not tired of excuses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Bugatie(m): 5:52am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

but what do i know ?

What's stopping the new Buhari govt from increasing the allocation back to 10b?

Hypocrites

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 5:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Bugatie:

What's stopping the new Buhari govt from increasing the allocation back to 10b?

Hypocrites

Nothing , As you would all say , Arboki no dey hear word and i know because there are plans to restructure the said allocation

cut excesses of the ND and SS and of course End subsidy fraud , these and various measures will help realize funding for all affected states and once again you will realize how dumb the immediate past administration was

And for the Record, Aregbe on today's punch has promised to pay workers before 30th June, i propose you follow that news so you can attack aregbe's person if he fails to keep his promise
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 6:03am On Jun 15, 2015
jogsman01:
all this lies you are carrying on the reduction of allocation by the gej govt. u can fool others but not me. its on you anyway but if you know nothing about osun state, pls and pls, keep mute. thanks for ur cooperation

Your mumu carry last ... I live between Os and Abj SO I know for sure that allocation was reduced, if it's hard to believe , ask google by yourself , its on punch , guardian, Sreporters , virtually all media outlets reported the story , first 35% was removed from the whole allocation and then when Rauf won 2nd term bid eventually osun's allocation became 35% of what it used to earn from FG

Also , bear in mind that Arboki no dey hear word and i know because there are plans to restructure the said allocation

cut excesses of the ND and SS and of course End subsidy fraud , these and various measures will help realize funding for all affected states and once again you will realize how dumb the immediate past administration was

And for the Record, Aregbe on today's punch has promised to pay workers before 30th June, i propose you follow that news so you can attack aregbe's person if he fails to keep his promise
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by jogsman01(m): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

Your mumu carry last ... I live between Os and Abj SO I know for sure that allocation was reduced, if it's hard to believe , ask google by yourself , its on punch , guardian, Sreporters , virtually all media outlets reported the story , first 35% was removed from the whole allocation and then when Rauf won 2nd term bid eventually osun's allocation became 35% of what it used to earn from FG

Also , bear in mind that Arboki no dey hear word and i know because there are plans to restructure the said allocation

i ll sayhi when he pays
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Sibrah: 6:06am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIt, please go to any good chemist in Osun and get yourself some dietary supplement, it helps the brain

2 Likes

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Good Advise to FG, I don't support the monthly social scheme of 5,000 naira also but if they don't like u said and learn from Aregbe, people will start saying that they didn't fulfil their campaign promises.
Nigerians eh

2 Likes

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Redoil: 6:16am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

seriously you need emergency help and beating for blaming gej for the drop in oil revenue. Why not encourage aregbe to stop feeding people like beggers on the street of the north.

2 Likes

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Sibrah: 6:23am On Jun 15, 2015
shamelly:
Good Advise to FG, I don't support the monthly social scheme of 5,000 naira also but if they don't like u said and learn from Aregbe, people will start saying that they didn't fulfil their campaign promises.
Nigerians eh
Campaign promises is for their ego, the advise is for everyone's benefit.
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Redoil:
seriously you need emergency help and beating for blaming gej for the drop in oil revenue. Why not encourage aregbe to stop feeding people like beggers on the street of the north.

Blind man, you still dey NL ? where for my post you see me Blame GEJ for drop in oil revenue ?? Aregbe's feeding program can not be compared to feeding people like beggers , it helped students and parents, and even the rich did benefit from it , Its not about the food alone

it's also about the farms that supply eggs , meat .e.t.c

the cooks that prepare the meal

and the parents that have been relieved of burdens of having to cook afternoon meal in this dwindling economy.

Price of Crude really did fall and State's allocation were reduced especially APC states , but did that stop your Oga from using 2 trillion for campaign, if i have no other point, i believe this alone is a point that you should meditate about
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Maxymilliano(m): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2015
The Op is right, such father christmas approach to reducing poverty and unemployment will be counter-productive on the long run.

You don't solve problem by throwing money at it.
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 6:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Sibrah:
DaBullIt, please go to any good chemist in Osun and get yourself some dietary supplement, it helps the brain

Tell that to your daddy and mommy grin grin
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 6:54am On Jun 15, 2015
papadjaji:

Abeg Park well jare.
GEJ slash Osun's allocation by N2.5b and no one heard anything from Ogbeni and his party?
Is GEJ the architect of fall of oil prices?
Are you not tired of excuses?

[b]Person wey lie ehn ? the yansh go catch fire .. Where you dey when Yeye people dey call Aregbe and APC propaganda people ? where you dey when barcanista and other people dey call apc crying baby abi na crying wolf ? Where you dey when dem they talk say APC dey use reduction of allocation as propaganda to win sympathy ? if he no clear you , type am enter google , na punch news you go firstly see , followed by other local and well known media outlets . if you no know , no put mouth

even if oil price fall globally, your oga still take 2 trillion do campaign

that 2 trillion na half of Nigerian Budget for year 2013 , so wetin make him chop/tiff 2trillion wey he no fit pay 5 billion for full state allocation ?

if he pay 4 billion to 36 states as bonus for election, he go still get enough money to buy Island for Cuba abi na Bahamas dem dey buy am now ??

My point being , dont be biased 2 trillion used / shared for / Among PDP election Campaign is more than enough to pay for 36 states for 4 months consecutively[/b]

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Bugatie(m): 7:19am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

Nothing , As you would all say , Arboki no dey hear word and i know because there are plans to restructure the said allocation

Cut excess of SS allocation?hmmm Bros if those guys catch you ehh.
These are the states that contribute bulk of the nation's income being distributed to your other states and it's only fair they get something extra.

What I can take out from your advice is that states/FG cut down unnecessary expenditures like building of the world tallest drum.

1 Like

Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Sibrah: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2015
Maxymilliano:
The Op is right, such father christmas approach to reducing poverty and unemployment will be counter-productive on the long run.

You don't solve problem by throwing money at it.
Whoever removed civic studies from secondary sch sylabus short-changed the youths of today in no small measure. Imagine what the dull poster,DaBullIT, above you is saying.
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by tonytony208(m): 8:06am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

but what do i know ?

Is this the thoughtless, idiotic and unreasonable nonsense that you useless people use to deceive yourselves? Was it gej that ruined allocation or fall in world oil price? Was gej the one that cut price of crude oil? Your governor lacks foresight; he doesn't think ahead and that is the problem.
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by cfame1(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

but what do i know ?
If u dnt knw wht to say keep quiet. So he reduced osun allocation so as to fund his campaign? See how dumb u ar. So it doesn't occur to u dt aregbe is on high debt profile coupled with d dwindling economy brought abt by fall in oil price.
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by 240naija(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 15, 2015
@Sibrah: You have spoken well. The FG should channel monies to capital and productive investments rather than adopt the lazy feeding bottle fiscal policy that will do nothing but plunge the country into economic disaster.
Before we discuss its viability or otherwise, we have to ask ourselves "How much does FG get as revenue from oil and non oil return"? "How much is our projected annual budget"? "What is the Balance of Budget"? "How much is our projected deficit"?

I can recall sometime in April where I argued that this laughable policy will not work. From all indices, we don't even have the money to take care of our capital needs at present, not to talk of adding more than a trillion to our recurrent need. FG should not plunge us into another Osun
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2015
cfame1:

If u dnt knw wht to say keep quiet. So he reduced osun allocation so as to fund his campaign? See how dumb u ar. So it doesn't occur to u dt aregbe is on high debt profile coupled with d dwindling economy brought abt by fall in oil price.

Fall in oil price did not stop 2 trillion campaign fund scam

Odensin
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2015
tonytony208:

Is this the thoughtless, idiotic and unreasonable nonsense that you useless people use to deceive yourselves? Was it gej that ruined allocation or fall in world oil price? Was gej the one that cut price of crude oil? Your governor lacks foresight; he doesn't think ahead and that is the problem.

Reduced allocation for States but conveniently stole 2trillion for campaign Where's the logic in that?
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2015
Sibrah:
Whoever removed civic studies from secondary sch sylabus short-changed the youths of today in no small measure. Imagine what the dull poster,DaBullIT, above you is saying.

What's the mother Christmas approach that does not involve money? I'm all ears
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by DaBullIT(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2015
Bugatie:

Cut excess of SS allocation?hmmm Bros if those guys catch you ehh.
These are the states that contribute bulk of the nation's income being distributed to your other states and it's only fair they get something extra.

What I can take out from your advice is that states/FG cut down unnecessary expenditures like building of the world tallest drum.

Catch me? I'm not scared hehehe

In the long run you agreed with me, cut expenses and stop paying amnesty and share resources based on population some people's contribution to economy is not panacea to defrauding other citizens
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2015
DaBullIT:

Reduced allocation for States but conveniently stole [b[2trillion for campaign[/b] Where's the logic in that?
Who told you that?
Re: The Federal Govt Should Learn From Osun State by Standing5(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2015
@barcanista, people are just feeding from the FG. If some civil servants were to get paid for their labour with tuber of yam according to input. Most civil servants will starve to death because they can't get more than 10 tubers a month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo Showing Our Politicians In Buhari's Den. / IMPORTANT! Federal Government's TSA Account Already Affecting Operations / Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees On Ministerial List Begins Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.