Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,501 members, 7,854,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others (34278 Views)

Maitama Sule's Body Received By Governor Ganduje, Saraki & Others in Kano (Pics) / Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
porka:
Does it take the scrutiny of hand over note to know that you need ministers for finance, justice, education and some few others?

As a matter of fact, the constitution specifically mention the appointment of the attorney-general and minister of justice as compulsory. Does it take a hand-over note scrutiny to identify that too?

This guy was actually preparing for WAR. He never believe he would be in office. Now that he is there, they are so confused on what to do.

Imagine this Dullard is questioning why people are agitated about his ministers. Does he not know that the whole economy is at standstill because people are waiting for policy direction of his ill-prepared government? Can Fashola also whisper that in his ear?

Ironically, his worshipers who saw everything wrong with Jonathan's appointment of committee are here praising him.

For someone who has been disturbing the peace of Nigeria for 12 years, who has been elected and his opponent quickly conceded defeat since March, who has been sworn-in for more than a month now, to still be studying a hand over note before appointing ministers is really appalling.

This is the same party who told the world that they were ready with their parallel government if they had lost.

As you know

1.The National assembly was just put in place last week.

2.They have not yet been broken up into committees....who will do much of the screening job.

3.Don't you think that selecting new ministers should be a slow and thoughtful process.....especially for a new party that wants to make a good first impression.

4.Permanent secs run the ministries now. So., no shaking.
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by porka: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Like I said before, comprehension is an issue for Nigerians.
If you were transferred to a new branch/office, won't you take time to understand what's on ground? Or do you just rush to start work without having the slightest idea of what you will be dealing with?

Nigerians and their ODD way of thinking.

[size=13pt]Hello, have you ever worked before?

Do you know what transfer mean?

No reputable organization will transfer someone to anywhere who doesn't know what to do the first day. Any office which take a whole month to get used to is REDUNDANCY.

It only takes a single meeting to familiarize yourself with the environment and work starts.

Didn't they tell us this cattlerearer is omnipotent? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by Charly68: 9:17am On Jun 15, 2015
You are too old to make any stupid mistake Baba,never allow anybody to push you around . Take your time to know what you want and go for it
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by agarawu23(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2015
Caseless:

How far the contest nau?
no news yet o
I will you when its time smiley
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by porka: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2015
bushdoc9919:

As you know

1.The National assembly was just put in place last week.

2.They have not yet been broken up into committees....who will do much of the screening job.

3.Don't you think that selecting new ministers should be a slow and thoughtful process.....especially for a new party that wants to make a good first impression.

4.Permanent secs run the ministries now. So., no shaking.

[size=13pt]You are putting the cart before the horse. Appointment of ministers is done by the president not the National Assembly.
They merely screen and give approval. No one says the National Assembly should appoint the dullard's cabinet.

The same Buhari got an approval for appointments of 15 aids from the National Assembly. Perhaps you were not aware of that. How did he know the number of aids he would need?

Permanent secretaries don't give policy direction. They implement policies of the political appointees who are representatives of the president who appoints them.

Do you understand now?

These are the people who told us they were ready with a parallel government if they had lost. It just shows that they were preparing for WAR not governance.

Selecting ministers can only be a slow process for laggards. This guy knew he would be taking over more than two months ago. He has been running for office and burning Nigeria for the past 12 years. They have been killing and maiming for him for more than a decade.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Hello, have you ever worked before?

Do you know what transfer mean?

No reputable organization will transfer someone to anywhere who doesn't know what to do the first day. Any office which take a whole month to get used to is REDUNDANCY.

It only takes a single meeting to familiarize yourself with the environment and work starts.

Didn't they tell us this cattlerearer is omnipotent? [/size]

Your thinking, your way.
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by oliver003: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2015
4.16 billions ? I hope I will get my Perry salary this at the end of the month.
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=porka post=34784287]

You are putting the cart before the horse. Appointment of ministers is done by the president not the National Assembly.
They merely screen and give approval. No one says the National Assembly should appoint the dullard's cabinet.

The same Buhari got an approval for appointments of 15 aids from the National Assembly. Perhaps you were not aware of that. How did he know the number of aids he would need?

I stand corrected...though I would argue that they cannot take office without NA approval.(and yes,ministers have been rejected by the NA).

Plus...approving a minister is a slow and steady process.It is hardly the go and bow that we have gotten used to.

Plus...APC is a new party,meaning that they want to be deliberately slow.so that they can get some really good guys in.....especially as they are looking at 2019, and at the fact that bad performance may mean getting kicked out.

(And advisers are not necessarily that important,but that's my opinion.)

I am bothered about the lack of new service chiefs though.

Permanent secretaries don't give policy direction. They implement policies of the political appointees who are representatives of the president who appoints them.

Do you understand now?

My point about perm secs was meant to point out the fact that the ministries are not necessarily ''lacking a head'' so to speak.
Policy is another matter.

These are the people who told us they were ready with a parallel government if they had lost. It just shows that they were preparing for WAR not governance.

Politicians talk silly when they campaign.....especially the opposition.

In 2003....Ojukwu asked to be declared president when it was obvious that APGA (he was their presidential candidate then)...was going to lose....to give an example. I regard such declarations as a manifestation of our bad electoral system....something which Jega tried to clean up via the new voter card....something which I hope would be cleaned up and improved under this new admin....which is why Jega must be retained

APC's comments notwithstanding....PDP was going to lose...especially with the discordant noises from the Middle Belt....where PDP lost states that it should NOT have lost. (Benue and Kogi anyone?).

Selecting ministers can only be a slow process for laggards. This guy knew he would be taking over more than two months ago. He has been running for office and burning Nigeria for the past 12 years. They have been killing and maiming for him for more than a decade.

In addition to my point about being ''careful''.....there is the (cold) fact that APC is a football team with eleven captains....and each and everyone of those captains has to be kept happy....so that the party does not tear itself apart....and lose out come 2019 (Arguments over appointments...not just ministerial....is a small part of why PDP lost in 2015).

Let's wait and see.I am hardly an APC supporter BTW....they strike me as a PDP redux party sometimes....but I am realistic enough to understand that they do want to impress us....and at the same time keep party unity intact....so that they can come back in 2019 on the back of a good performance.
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by veraluv(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2015
What goes around comes around. Never critisize anybody weather good or bad... I can still remember very very well when PMB said the fight against the boko haram is a fight against the north. Now that PMB is in power, what will he call the fight against BH?
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by wrongnumber: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2015
millionaireman:

But Methinks, Buhari had contested to lead Nigeria since 2003, if bringing Nigeria to the path to greatness was his objective, he ought to have been having at his fingertips the ministers and the blue print long prepared by him to use for business.

There are always due process.Thats the point.
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by BLOTRS: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2015
veraluv:
What goes around comes around. Never critisize anybody weather good or bad... I can still remember very very well when PMB said the fight against the boko haram is a fight against the north. Now that PMB is in power, what will he call the fight against BH?
exactly my thoughts too...the Daura President has to kill them anyway
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by Masculity(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2015
Baba more grease to your elbow. God is your strenght. New Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by mradjoy(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
It took him 12 years to get to the president's seat, why then would he not take his time to choose his ministers? Please let's exercise patience we'll surely get there okay?
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by efilefun(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2015
Brightology2:
Mitchew, bubu if u lyk use one yrs tk select ur cabinet e nor concern me. All I can say is Goodluck to u
One yrs For real Chaiii
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by queensmith: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2015
I like this - more of a report on what exactly the president has been doing til date.

and more so if this was straight from the horses mouth as it was delivered rather eloquently.

I have a greater understanding of his tackles, and BH should be his focal point as Nigeria has no business having such problems.

on to the ministers - It sounds like Buhari wants to micromanage ministerial departments before handing them over which is a great idea. He also wants to avoid making the same mistakes as Jonathan who we all know inherited too many bad employees from previous governments.

I can imagine if this was an organisation being taken over by a rival group you need to ensure the staff are clean. I propose they begin having security clearances but that may be a pipe dream in such a country.

Politicizing permanent positions is never a good idea but knowing Obasanjo he has moles in every hole (the sick gr**dy b**stard)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
DTaj:

You are just a demented, frustrated nit-wit. What has accent got to do with good governance? You want him to go change his accent at 72? How about your lord, master, and savior (Jonathan) who had a terrible accent too? Go listen to your lord Jonathan's speeches on 'youtube'.

How long did it take your Jonathan to form his cabinet when he took over? The man (Buhari) took the reins just over 2 weeks ago! The National Assembly that will screen his nominees was inaugurated just last week!

Are you TANoids and PDP low-life people this dumb Is there no limit to bigotry and hatred?
U are such an embarrassment.
The face of Nigeria cannot properly articulate himself, and u are here defending him. Is he the only fulani?
#Baba now u have stolen our mandate and become the President, pls enroll for a speech therapy and save us from future global embarrassment.
#illiterate
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by Menobista(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
God help Nigeria, that is my prayer...
Re: Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others by laurel500(m): 12:32am On Jun 16, 2015
The race is not for the swift but for the steady and consistent... I pray those of us that advocated for this change live long while those that dont believe come to light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria / Dino Melaye Shares The Statement His Brother Gave To The Police Over His Attack / Man Drinks Dirty Water To Celebrate Yahaya Bello's Victory(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.