Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil (560 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Member Stabbed By Opposition Party - Graphic Photos / Task Force Para-Military Officer Stabbed By Hoodlums In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Photo Of VP Osinbajo As A Pupil Of Corona School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2015

Stabbed, literally, by a 14-year-old pupil, a Nigerian-born teacher in the United Kingdom may be stabbed – metaphorically – by his country of birth, if he is found to enjoy the citizenship of both countries.

Vincent Uzomah was stabbed in the stomach by a 14-year old pupil during a science lesson at the Dixons Kings Academy in Bradford, on Thursday morning.
The youngster was charged with attempted murder at the Bradford and Keighley Youth Court, and he appeared in an Adidas designed black tracksuit on Saturday morning.

The pupil, who cannot be named because he's a minor, stood to confirm his name, age and address, before his defence counsel, Richard Canning, told the court that the teenager denied the charge.

The magistrate and chairman of the bench, Gill Arnold, later told the boy of Asian origin, who also faces a charge of possessing cannabis, that his trial would be moved to Bradford Crown Court - because of its higher jurisdiction - where the trial will begin on June 29.

Father of two - a boy and a girl - Uzomah, a Civil Engineering graduate of the University of Leeds, was recuperating from the single stab wound to his stomach at the weekend.
The former employee of the Federal Polytechnic in Bauchi, had only been a supply - temporary - teacher in the school for three weeks, and had just started (around 8.55am) his Science lesson in the class when he asked the teenager to give him his phone.

But in the twinkling of an eye, the pupil produced a knife and rushed for the teacher, stabbing the 50-year-old in the stomach, before bolting away. The boy was arrested around noon, near Bradford City Centre later that day.

When the Daily Times contacted an official of the Nigerian High Commission on Sunday afternoon, a source, who spoke under anonymity, said the Commission could not do anything if "he is a British -Nigerian.”

The source said: “This doesn't concern us, if he has dual nationality. That's the practice. But if it happened in a neutral country -where he has no citizenship - like France, we can ask him which country he wants to claim, in terms of support." Even then, "he cannot have the two countries fighting for him."

But friends and well-wishers of Uzomah have no such diplomatic constraints, as there has been an avalanche of love, prayers and goodwill messages on his Facebook page since the incident. Rachel Slowey wrote: "All my love and thoughts to you, Vincent and your family. You're a tough guy, so know you'll make a speedy recovery."

Isa Bassey wrote: "Vincent, I heard about the senseless incident. Do get well fast, my brother. We're praying for you."
Some of his former students at the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, also left messages of goodwill. One of them, Zeenat Tahir, wrote: “Praying for your speedy recovery. You are one of my favourite teachers. You were there for all of us and my favourite school memories are of you. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. Get well soon."

Aisha Samat wrote that she was "shocked and disgusted to hear what happened to" him, adding: "You were one of my loveliest, kind-hearted teachers at Belle Vue. You're in my prayers. Get well soon."

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQqQIwAWoVChMIn_2gqKKRxgIVJJvbCh2BHgB9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailytimes.com.ng%2Famnesia-international-2-by-yinka-odumakin%2F&ei=CYt-Vd_UGKS27gaBvYDoBw&usg=AFQjCNHVGrL-K1XxHWvfMbkV3HkVRML2Jw&bvm=bv.95515949,d.ZGU
Re: Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil by geesampower(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2015
Why is there so many crazy teens in the UK? So much stabbing by teenagers in that country, US is more of shootings.
Re: Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil by LivinADVERT: 9:31am On Jun 15, 2015
nawao
Re: Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil by LivinADVERT: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2015
PMB Help our pple outside
Re: Nigerian Engineer, Who Teaches Science In UK College, Stabbed By Pupil by Khd95(m): 10:05am On Jun 15, 2015
14yrs in possession of carnabis nd weapon

D guy for jst respect him sef,teach class nd waka cormot. In tink say na naija wey students qo gladly surrender their gadgets grin grin

wish u quick recovery tho.....

(1) (Reply)

Comedian Ali Baba Shades Sen. Yerima / Seun!!! Call Your Antispam Boys To Order / BREAKING: Ortom Submits List Of 13 Commissioner Nominees To Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.