Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Accidental Victim - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200627 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by Holubunmi(f): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nice. Write-up,keep the good work going. Kudos to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
dioxidane I sight you, IDFWU hwfa na, u just forget your boy
Re: Accidental Victim by IDFWU(m): 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
danyel09:
dioxidane I sight you, IDFWU hwfa na, u just forget your boy
Big homie i no 4get u oo nah NL i 4get tho i think i got my mojo back but this tori don go far sad how ya side ?
Re: Accidental Victim by Orlolahdey(f): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2015
Started from d bottom now am here...hope Mustapha will b safe...weldone Dioxidane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Onemansquad:
roger that #20 cum if u luv ursef

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
IDFWU:

Big homie i no 4get u oo nah NL i 4get tho i think i got my mojo back but this tori don go far sad how ya side ?
bro I dey oo, me sef had to leave nl for a while but iyaf return grin
Re: Accidental Victim by ademoladeji(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dioxidane:

Your likes, shares and thoughts as the story unfolds would also be appreciated... Goodnight ladies, guys...

Good afternoon.... Impatiently waiting for the UPDATE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
ademoladeji:

Good afternoon.... Impatiently waiting for the UPDATE

You go wait tire because he's very busy cool

his next update now will be lipsrsealed
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sorry guys, Dioxidane is not available at the moment because he went on a business trip with his boss. He sends his apologies and will update soon. *cheers*

2 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by nastyd(m): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
merikims:
Sorry guys, Dioxidane is not available at the moment because he went on a business trip with his boss. He sends his apologies and will update soon. *cheers*

Aiit noted

buh y did u hav 2 remove ur pic..

i alwz look 4wrd 2 seein dat pretty face wink

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
awwn thanks cc nastyd
Re: Accidental Victim by saintwill(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
would love to see Damien, Funmi and mustafa escape the taliban's camp before their execution.......with the terrorists tracking them down as they pass through forests and deserts trying to find their way home................ANYWAY I LOVE THIS STORY and its unpredictability.......... bros we dey ur back......
Re: Accidental Victim by Mekky05(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
merikims:
.Apologies accepted. But Merikims,which day did you become Dioxidane's PA abi spokesperson? What are Ɣ☺ΰ not telling "we".
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Mekky05:
.Apologies accepted. But Merikims,which day did you become Dioxidane's PA abi spokesperson? What are Ɣ☺ΰ not telling "we".
I am not telling you that we are in a relationship.
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2015
merikims:
I am not telling you that we are in a relationship.

***coughs***

Clarify the relationship
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Hawlahscho:

***coughs***

Clarify the relationship
An official relationship
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2015
merikims:
An official relationship

Boss and PA
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Boss and PA
he is my colleague not my boss.
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
**Clears throat**
Hi ladies, guys... I'm back. So sorry for my unavoidable absence. Would update soon, still typing...
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dioxidane:
**Clears throat**
Hi ladies, guys... I'm back. So sorry for my unavoidable absence. Would update soon, still typing...

Thank God u are back when am about to give up on this story........ welcome anyway

Am waiting for d update

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dedicated to oghenekome51

Contd.

The door was opened and Mustapha walked out into the sunlight. He walked to the dining stall and requested for food to eat. He had just began eating when two of Al-Zawari's lieutenants walked up to the table and stood before him. 'Al-Zawari wants to see you now', one of them said. 'I'll go to him when I'm through', Mustapha replied. 'He said now!, the second lieutenant said. Mustapha looked up at them and was shocked. He washed his hands, got up, and went with them.

On the way to the command centre, Mustapha looked at the faces of the two men walking beside him, trying to decipher what could be wrong, but their faces didn't betray any emotions. 'That's how they always look', he muttered and shrugged.

After walking for some minutes, they got to the command centre. Mustapha walked in, and the two men walked in with him.

Mustapha was surprised when he walked into the command centre. The command centre was usually busy with activities of men in different groups. But this time around, everywhere was relatively quiet. Some of the desks and the chairs had been cleared, and most of the men were standing on opposite sides of the wall. Right at the head of the file was Al-Zawari. He sat on a chair behind a desk right in the front of the entrance to his office. Mustapha saw a man kneeling in front of the desk.

He was still wondering what was happening when Al-Zawari nodded towards his two lieutenants and they went to stand behind him. He took a position beside a man standing close to where the man knelt down.

'Welcome', Al-Zawari said while standing up from the chair and spreading his palm towards all his men.

Mustapha looked around trying to understand what was happening. All the men around him wore a frown on their faces. No one said a word.

'Some of you know why we are here' Al-Zawari began, 'but for those that don't know, it's quite sad to know that there is a traitor among us.'

Some of the men began murmuring and looking at each other and at the man that knelt down before them.

'Quiet!', Al-Zawari screamed, and the room was quiet once again.

'We infiltrate others! No one, I repeat, no one infiltrates us!!', he boomed.

'And if anyone has that guts to try it, that person must have known the consequences beforehand.'

All the men stood in awe as Al-Zawari continued speaking.

'I just got the information that we have an undercover police officer among us...'

The men in the room began murmuring words to each other and looking towards the man on the floor.

'This man', Al-Zawari said pointing at the man on his knees, 'is a traitor.'

'And what do we do to traitors??', Al-Zawari boomed.

'Kashe! Kashe!! Kashe!!!', some men chanted.

The men continued chanting, but Al-Zawari spread his palms once again, indicating that they calm down. Everywhere was quiet once again.

Mustapha looked at the man that knelt down on the floor. His face was bruised and swollen from obvious beating. He knew him. He even knew his name. He wondered if he was really an undercover police officer. He never knew anyone one else would have the guts to infiltrate the Taliban camp. Then it struck him. He was shocked as he thought about it.

The man on the floor was his namesake. He knew that, but no one else knew. Everyone in the camp was known by just one name and he was known by his other name, Danladi. No one knew him as Mustapha. But the man on his knees was known as Mustapha.

This was a case of mistaken identity. 'How did Al-Zawari get this information?!', he wondered. He was getting angry. 'There must be a mole supplying Al-Zawari with information', he thought. 'Why now?!', he wondered. He nearly screamed out in anger, but he controlled himself. He looked at the man and pitied him. He was sobbing now, trying to explain to Al-Zawari that he knew nothing of what he was accused of. His pleas fell on deaf ears.

He had been trying to tell them he wasn't a police officer, but no one listened. He had been tortured to reveal information he obviously didn't have, but he didn't bulge. He maintained he wasn't an undercover police officer.

'He is a terrorist', Mustapha said to himself, 'one less man to worry about', as he thought about the fate that awaited the man.

'You have one last chance to confess', Mustapha heard Al-Zawari say, 'else you would die.' The sobbing and pleading started once more.

So many thoughts were running through Mustapha's head.

"How the hell did Al-Zawari know about this?"

"Who would have told him??"

"Where could the leak possibly have come from??"

"I can't trust anyone anymore..."

"But I'll need backup..."

"How am I going to handle this?"

Mustapha was so lost in thought that he was oblivious to happenings around him.

The loud bang of a gun shot brought him back to his senses. He heard another bang. And another. Three shots all together.

Mustapha was shocked. He looked towards the man that was once on his knees, but he was now sprawled on the floor. Dead, with blood flowing down from his head.

'Danladi!', Al-Zawari called out. Mustapha responded as he heard Al-Zawari call two other persons. They were instructed to take the body out to be buried...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Missmossy(f): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Chai!!

That's inhuman.

Kudos Dioxidane.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Niwdog(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Wow! thank God for mustapha

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
prom prom
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
Contd.

Mustapha and the two other men wasted no time in burying the man. By the time they got back, it was already getting dark. Mustapha was on sentry duty and he remembered he was already late in giving back information to his superiors.

He had to scout the entire area and note their vulnerable points, but it wasn't going to be easy. He knew he had to be careful because he didn't know how far Al-Zawari's rein held. He had to make sure that the information he passed out couldn't be traced back to him. He suspected Superintendent Ridwan. 'No one knew I was in this camp till I spoke with him. How is that even possible?', he thought.

He made a mental note not to speak with anyone else except his original handler who he trusted.

He went to the dining stall and had his meal before reporting for duty.

The Taliban camp had various security details. Some of them were placed in stationary positions while some roamed and Mustapha made sure he was placed on the roaming detail because he needed to go around that night.

About an hour later, he had completed a round and gotten all the information he needed.

He walked into the dark forest and after taking all necessary precautions, he got to the point where he placed his box. He looked ahead and imagined seeing the man he killed earlier lying under the leaves he used in covering him.

He later cleared the grasses covering the box and brought out the phone. He connected the device and after waiting for some seconds, he heard two beeps and a voice came on.

"You are late..."

He noticed it was Supt. Ridwan's voice.

"I want to speak with Inspector Ajala..."

"He isn't around at the moment. What's happening?"

"I'm sorry sir, but it appears this operation has been compromised..."

"Compromised how?"

"There's a mole giving information to Al-Zawari... My name was mentioned..."

"This is ludicrous! How's that even possible?"

"I should be asking you sir... I narrowly escaped it."

"Hope you are fine..."

"I am sir..."

Mustapha went on to give him details of the feasibility studies he carried out and Supt. Ridwan promised to find out how Al-Zawari was getting his information. He informed Mustapha that the incursion into the camp was going to be by 0600hrs the next day.

He ended the call and was about placing the device back into the box when he heard the alarm blaring. 'What is it this time?', he wondered.

T.B.C later guys, ladies...

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lest I forget, lemme say big thanks to those that dropped their comments, clicked 'like' or 'share' on updates. And to new readers, you are highly welcomed. Time would fail me if I start mentioning names, but trust me, you guys are noticed.

Merikims, if I catch you ehn... wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dioxidane:
Lest I forget, lemme say big thanks to those that dropped their comments, clicked 'like' or 'share' on updates. And to new readers, you are highly welcomed. Time would fail me if I start mentioning names, but trust me, you guys are noticed.

you wished*wink*
Re: Accidental Victim by horlabiyi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
Welcome back with Nice suspense bro. But don't delay the next episode because I can't wait. (Y) thumps up
Re: Accidental Victim by orpeeh: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dioxidane:

correct tori, bro weldone
Re: Accidental Victim by aprilwise(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Musty. dey big wahala.
Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
dioxidane.... I luv d way u twisted d story n made mustapha escape death.... kudos bro... more update pleasesmiley
Re: Accidental Victim by whao: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
I hope Mustapha will escape the trail of his deadly master if he find out he killed the WRONG man.

Let mustapha work with Damien and I am sure his oppression will be successful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.