Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? (6372 Views)

List Of Economically And Socially Most Advanced States In Nigeria / Niger Delta Militants’ Objective Is To Colonize Nigeria Economically – Buhari / Why Black Aren't Wealthy And Economically Strong Without Western Assistance.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Read through the op's lines you walking dunce. He's calling you an inferior being before your eyes and coating it with nice words. Use your brain here or get lost. Nobody has the right to come in here making racist remarks against Africans even in the guise of 'caring'.

MIND YOU I AM BLACK AND AFRICAN SO I THINK YOU CAN SWEEP THIS UNDER THE CARPET WITH THE NORMAL GRA GRA OF AFRICAN MAN...THE AFRICAN MAN IS ALL BRAWNS BUT LESS BRAINS...THAT IS WHY YOU SEE AFRICAN WINING ATHLETICS AND TRACK/FIELD EVENTS BUT YOU WILL SEE NO WORLD CHAMPION OF AFRICAN ORIGIN IN INTELLECTUALLY TASKING SPORTS LIKE CHESS...I GUESS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE BASIC MOVES OF CHESS

This is an intellectual discuss and it calls for self appraisal...what do you mean been inferior, are we not acting inferior, where you disperage your fellow african product and run to buy western second hard goods, is it not infirior, where somebody loots and take the money to one western country to hide and the countries uses the money for developement is it not infirior thinking, what do you say when african men like abalak and others make scientific breakthrough yet the same african men will kill is, is it not infiror thinking, where a man as arich as dangote will be in region that have 90% poverty and illiteracy in north without building one university as it is done in Asia ...what do you call that smartness

Thank lord for Western benevolence, that is why some people are still wearing okirika...the earlier we change our mindset the better. if calling you a RACIST and INFERIOR will make us change so be it...we are too petty and tokenism

the poorest country in WESTERN HEMISPHERE IS HAITI..GUESS WHAT IT IS DOMINATED BY BLACKS AND JUST LIKE AFRICA

WE NEED TO THINK THINK THINK AND STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM AFCTS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:

Seriously, you have serious issues. You are simply reading too much into what is a daring post. How about you think of the post critically without getting emotional or defensive. I will rather we tackle the issues at hand rather than get defensive. If China could do it why can't we turn our fortunes around?
No. We do not join in discussions about Africa with racists. In a proper forum the op would be banned and thrown out for racist comments. But here, anything goes. Rubbish.
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

MIND YOU I AM BLACK AND AFRICAN SO I THINK YOU CAN SWEEP THIS UNDER THE CARPET WITH THE NORMAL GRA GRA OF AFRICAN MAN...THE AFRICAN MAN IS ALL BRAWNS BUT LESS BRAINS...THAT IS WHY YOU SEE AFRICAN WINING ATHLETICS AND TRACK/FIELD EVENTS BUT YOU WILL SEE NO WORLD CHAMPION OF AFRICAN ORIGIN IN INTELLECTUALLY TASKING SPORTS LIKE CHESS...I GUESS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE BASIC MOVES OF CHESS

This is an intellectual discuss and it calls for self appraisal...what do you mean been inferior, are we not acting inferior, where you disperage your fellow african product and run to buy western second hard goods, is it not infirior, where somebody loots and take the money to one western country to hide and the countries uses the money for developement is it not infirior thinking, what do you say when african men like abalak and others make scientific breakthrough yet the same african men will kill is, is it not infiror thinking, where a man as arich as dangote will be in region that have 90% poverty and illiteracy in north without building one university as it is done in Asia ...what do you call that smartness

Thank lord for Western benevolence, that is why some people are still wearing okirika...the earlier we change our mindset the better. if calling you a RACIST and INFERIOR will make us change so be it...we are too petty and tokenism

the poorest country in WESTERN HEMISPHERE IS HAITI..GUESS WHAT IT IS DOMINATED BY BLACKS AND JUST LIKE AFRICA

WE NEED TO THINK THINK THINK AND STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM AFCTS
Thanks..now go and hang yourself. Jobless, ignorant devil. Don't forget to call your mother an inferior being on the way out.
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Dollyak(f): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
No. We do not join in discussions about Africa with racists. In a proper forum the op would be banned and thrown out for racist comments. But here, anything goes. Rubbish.
Ok oo.
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
My dear please do not call me names, we are not here for that ...I wonder the kind of people we have here and the level of reasoning we display. Thank you for the abusive word...but mind you it did not change anything. You are free to play ostrich sir, but this discussion with all due respect is way out of your league..try d banj and don jazzy thread. It will be great for you

have a blessed day. I can still keep you busy

ROSSIKE:
Thanks..now go and hang yourself. Jobless, ignorant devil. Don't forget to call your mother an inferior being on the way out.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Dollyak(f): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
My dear please do not call me names, we are not here for that ...I wonder the kind of people we have here and the level of reasoning we display. Thank you for the abusive word...but mind you it did not change anything. You are free to play ostrich sir, but this discussion with all due respect is way out of your league..try d banj and don jazzy thread. It will be great for you

have a blessed day. I can still keep you busy

Just ignore her/him, sort of gives a disturbing insights into the psyche of the average posters on nl.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
His type is the pfroblem we have and mark my woird majority about 80% of africans or Nigerian are like that, one thing is that truth hurts and it is bitter...if you are opportuned to visit countries you will understand what I meant.... you will understand that AFRICA is the only continent left behind...he is busy saying that i called him racist and feeling insulted..what kind of insult is he expecting

from EU, to ASIA to Americas to Eastern EU we should be talking about how to move things out of this mess we found ourselves.... we are really in deep mess.

It is hurting, I was in a flight one day, the asian were saying that we do not have any reason to be poor..just that most of us do not think and want to make sacrifice...the black man loves enjoyement...and which is the truth.

NOW LOOK AT US AS A COUNTRY..COMMON OIL THAT LORD GAVE US...WE JUST CANT REFINE IT...SIMPLE FRACTIONAL DIDSTILLATION...HAVE YOU EVER ASKED those that refine oil do they have two heads

one said it is the way Lord created us...mehn sometimes i regret been African...we have funy funy crazy mindset...it is worrying

Dollyak:

Just ignore her/him, sort of gives a disturbing insights into the psyche of the average posters on nl.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
His type is the pfroblem we have and mark my woird majority about 80% of africans or Nigerian are like that, one thing is that truth hurts and it is bitter...if you are opportuned to visit countries you will understand what I meant.... you will understand that AFRICA is the only continent left behind...he is busy saying that i called him racist and feeling insulted..what kind of insult is he expecting

from EU, to ASIA to Americas to Eastern EU we should be talking about how to move
things out of this mess we found ourselves.... we are really in deep mess.

It is hurting, I was in a flight one day, the asian were saying that we do not have any reason to be poor..just that most of us do not think and want to make sacrifice...the black man loves enjoyement...and which is the truth.

NOW LOOK AT US AS A COUNTRY..COMMON OIL THAT LORD GAVE US...WE JUST CANT REFINE IT...SIMPLE FRACTIONAL DIDSTILLATION...HAVE YOU EVER ASKED those that refine oil do they have two heads

one said it is the way Lord created us...mehn sometimes i regret been African...we have funy funy crazy mindset...it is worrying

Have you called your mother an inferior being yet? After you do that, THEN you can post. Not before.
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
there are African noble prize winners in science.
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
PLEASE NAME HIM....I MEAN NOBEL PRIZE WINNER IN SCIENCE LIKE PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY ASTRONOMY NOT ONE WRITING DRAMA OR NOBEL PRIZE IN PEACE

DO YOU KNOW THAT

A large literature in economics and political science has developed to explain this “resource curse,” and civil-society groups (such as Revenue Watch and the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative) have been established to try to counter it. Three of the curse’s economic ingredients are well known:

Resource-rich countries tend to have strong currencies, which impede other exports;
Because resource extraction often entails little job creation, unemployment rises;
Volatile resource prices cause growth to be unstable, aided by international banks that rush in when commodity prices are high and rush out in the downturns (reflecting the time-honored principle that bankers lend only to those who do not need their money).
Moreover, resource-rich countries often do not pursue sustainable growth strategies. They fail to recognize that if they do not reinvest their resource wealth into productive investments above ground, they are actually becoming poorer. Political dysfunction exacerbates the problem, as conflict over access to resource rents gives rise to corrupt and undemocratic governments.

A teacher of history while teaching on class distinction said, "the rich need the poor in order to be rich" and then proceeded to say that "Africa does not deserve to be rich and neither do Africans". You can know one thing, this old man that fought with my African people, laid down his own life to fight for our freedom was not happy about such teaching in a school. As I said to our people all before as there is a GOD, only bad people teach the wrong things through. Truth is change happens from you, just because you are not taught it right does not mean you need to move the same evils through. That when you do see from history, they have been robbed, enslaved, tortured, the worst kind of human atrocities done to them for what reason? That same has been done too many different races through leaders who believe they are just some supreme dictators over others’ lives.

I REFUSE TO ADMIT THIS NOTION ABOUT AFRICA AND THIS MUST BE COLLECTIVE EFFORT

crusadistic:
there are African noble prize winners in science.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
How is it that Africa is so rich in resources and yet so poor? The question is often asked as much by Africans interested in altering the continent’s fortunes as by those intent on blaming Africans alone for the paradox. We write about this from time to time, either directly or indirectly—our most recent article on the subject appeared just a week ago—and many others do the same, but it’s easier for people to blame it all on Africans because that absolves everyone else of any responsibility.

The question of how Africa can be so rich in resources yet so poor—relative to the other continents—is also central to the impressive 55 minute documentary Stealing Africa by Danish filmmaker Christoffer Guldbrandsen.

In the documentary, Christoffer Guldbrandsen reveals how one Swiss company, Glencore, is making billions from copper mining in Zambia while the country remains one of the poorest in the world. You won’t be surprised to learn that the IMF and World Bank were involved in the sale of the mines that led to this situation. When are African nations going to stop taking advice from these organizations? The neoliberal policies they “recommend” have been disastrous for Africa and for developing nations around the world, resulting in the continuous transfer of wealth from the south to the north. You can read more about this here Impoverishing a Continent, here How the IMF, World Bank and Structural Adjustment Program destroyed Africa, and here Globalization 101: Why is the IMF controversial? The IMF has even tried pushing its policies on China.

Glencore makes so much money from copper mining in Zambia that the mayor of the village in which the company is registered can’t spend all the money the company contributes to the public coffers. Meanwhile 70 per cent of Zambia’s population live on less than $2.00 a day and 80 per cent are unemployed.

http://www.themindfulword.org/2013/stealing-africa-resources-poor/
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Dollyak(f): 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

from EU, to ASIA to Americas to Eastern EU we should be talking about how to move things out of this mess we found ourselves.... we are really in deep mess.

Seriously, I am tired of the whole situation. The main reason I even give a fvck is because of the poor people I see any time I am in naija. It's an hopeless situation with a downward snowball effect. Just secure your future and that of your family so that when the inevitable bad times comes, you can go and live in any developed countries of your choice. It's funny how the few that are better off are the ones who cares about the country, while the poor ones are blinded and brainwashed with hatred, tribalism, short sightedness, religious intolerance etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
God gave us the room to improve on ourselves and not been stagnant that is why he said that he has given us dominion over the earth...we are hurting God with our docility and senility...as a father will you be happy if your kids are not improving on themselves

WE AFRICAN ARE HRTING GOD...EVEN PASTORS DONT EVEN GIVE BACK TO SOCIETY AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IMMANS.....

Stop blaspheming,
We humans are incapable of hurting Almighty God
Go and look up the meaning of Almighty

Jesus said may His will be done and Jesus' words are law
So whatever happens is God's will and your duty is not to second guess him but rather praise and glorify his Mighty Name
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
I HAVE BEEN IN THOSE COUNTRIES AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE STILL REGARDED AS STRANGERS AND NOT THINKING PEOPLE, THE ASIANS ARE DEVELOPING...THEY HAVE CHINA,JAPAN,SINNGAPORE ETC, THE LATINOS ARE DEVELOPING THEY HAVE BRAZIL, ARGENTINA , THE ARABS ARE MOVING AHEAD THEY HAVE DUBAI,ABU Dhabi, qatar etc now the oceania have australia new zealand which one can the black or sub saharan africa boast of...is it this Nigeria or Ghana or Messed up Zimbabwe or Comatose DRC or bomb infested Kenya....I think Nigeria and most other countries are been held back by forces such as stupidity,docility, senility, superstition and inability to make sacrifice leave our comfort zone

We do not sacrifice, in WEST YOU WILL HEAR OF SOMANY FOUNDATION HELPING COMMUNITY but here one individual will have 30 posh cars and community suffers, how can we even grow like that....

what helped jews was group economics but we are too selfish here////

Dollyak:

Seriously, I am tired of the whole situation. The main reason I even give a fvck is because of the poor people I see any time I am in naija. It's an hopeless situation with a downward snowball effect. Just secure your future and that of your family so that when the inevitable bad times comes, you can go and live in any developed countries of your choice. It's funny how the few that are better off are the ones who cares about the country, while the poor ones are blinded and brainwashed with hatred, tribalism, short sightedness, religious intolerance etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Neplusultra(f): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
How is it that Africa is so rich in resources and yet so poor? The question is often asked as much by Africans interested in altering the continent’s fortunes as by those intent on blaming Africans alone for the paradox. We write about this from time to time, either directly or indirectly—our most recent article on the subject appeared just a week ago—and many others do the same, but it’s easier for people to blame it all on Africans because that absolves everyone else of any responsibility.

The question of how Africa can be so rich in resources yet so poor—relative to the other continents—is also central to the impressive 55 minute documentary Stealing Africa by Danish filmmaker Christoffer Guldbrandsen.

In the documentary, Christoffer Guldbrandsen reveals how one Swiss company, Glencore, is making billions from copper mining in Zambia while the country remains one of the poorest in the world. You won’t be surprised to learn that the IMF and World Bank were involved in the sale of the mines that led to this situation. When are African nations going to stop taking advice from these organizations? The neoliberal policies they “recommend” have been disastrous for Africa and for developing nations around the world, resulting in the continuous transfer of wealth from the south to the north. You can read more about this here Impoverishing a Continent, here How the IMF, World Bank and Structural Adjustment Program destroyed Africa, and here Globalization 101: Why is the IMF controversial? The IMF has even tried pushing its policies on China.

Glencore makes so much money from copper mining in Zambia that the mayor of the village in which the company is registered can’t spend all the money the company contributes to the public coffers. Meanwhile 70 per cent of Zambia’s population live on less than $2.00 a day and 80 per cent are unemployed.

http://www.themindfulword.org/2013/stealing-africa-resources-poor/
D black man is evil! It's his nature!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
Now you are more christian than Europeans that brought it for you...so we do not hurt God...what do they teach you in that church of yours

when you sin you hurt God,.
There was a time God even regreted creating human ..that was during the NOAH time...but the problem i have with African is we are too religious but we dont show it...now we are talking empirical your bringing religion here. this is one reason

think think think pls...mind you i am a christian also but FAITH WITHOUT GOOD WORK IS USELESS

AlfaSeltzer:

Stop blaspheming,
We humans are incapable of hurting Almighty God
Go and look up the meaning of Almighty

Jesus said may His will be done and Jesus' words are law
So whatever happens is God's will and your duty is not to second guess him but rather praise and glorify his Mighty Name
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Dollyak(f): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
I HAVE BEEN IN THOSE COUNTRIES AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE STILL REGARDED AS STRANGERS AND NOT THINKING PEOPLE, THE ASIANS ARE DEVELOPING...THEY HAVE CHINA,JAPAN,SINNGAPORE ETC, THE LATINOS ARE DEVELOPING THEY HAVE BRAZIL, ARGENTINA , THE ARABS ARE MOVING AHEAD THEY HAVE DUBAI,ABU Dhabi, qatar etc now the oceania have australia new zealand which one can the black or sub saharan africa boast of...is it this Nigeria or Ghana or Messed up Zimbabwe or Comatose DRC or bomb infested Kenya....I think Nigeria and most other countries are been held back by forces such as stupidity,docility, senility, superstition and inability to make sacrifice leave our comfort zone

We do not sacrifice, in WEST YOU WILL HEAR OF SOMANY FOUNDATION HELPING COMMUNITY but here one individual will have 30 posh cars and community suffers, how can we even grow like that....

what helped jews was group economics but we are too selfish here////

I understand your points, but the situation is so grim I don't even see the way out until some fundamentals like fiacal federalism, strict regionalism, accountability etc.are adressed. In shorts we need a change of mindset.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
Yesterday I was driving towards ikeja along computer village I saw a dead body lying on ground, his brain busted and it was obvious that he was lynched..I asked myself why are we blacks like this...we will lynch and burn a criminal life because he stole and you ask ..where is our humanity.

This is a country that somebody will still billions and give people packets of rice they will sing their praidses without minding his intellectual docility. when ever I land at MM airport, I become ashamed of us...have you flew into Africa or Nigeria in Nigght you will see darkness, no electricity.

We have to start changing our mindset ...its start from us, our ability to believe in ourselves...WEST CAN NOT HELP US, IMF, UN will never help us, they never helped any country in ASIA..Its high time we smell the coffee

Neplusultra:
D black man is evil! It's his nature!

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
they will not want it..some people prefer robbing peter to pay paul situation.... it can be nauseating....
Dollyak:

I understand your points, but the situation is so grim I don't even see the way out until some fundamentals like fiacal federalism, strict regionalism, accountability etc.are adressed. In shorts we need a change of mindset.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Soreza(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
CORRUPTION AND LACK OF UNITY THATZ ALL
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
Now you are more christian than Europeans that brought it for you...so we do not hurt God...what do they teach you in that church of yours

when you sin you hurt God,.
There was a time God even regreted creating human ..that was during the NOAH time...but the problem i have with African is we are too religious but we dont show it...now we are talking empirical your bringing religion here. this is one reason

think think think pls...mind you i am a christian also but FAITH WITHOUT GOOD WORK IS USELESS

there you go again speaking nonsense just like gentiles that spent their time questioning god
If you are a real xtian, you should listen to our Lord Jesus Christ and stop worrying about making your life better
Jesus said In Mathew 6:25 - 34,

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Now, who should I listen to? You Jesus?
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
that is it....i think tribalism is another aspect..maybe we do it european style where ethnic group have theitr own country. it makes homogenity.....this multi tribal setting in nigerian aint working from the look of it. just look at the election that passed now let us wait till they name ministers...you will see the type of buffooons they will put there

the former STATE governmor that run the biggest economy in NIGERIA that have economy bigger than ghana,togo binin republic but the state is small.... do you know what..the state is in debt to the tune of half a trillion yet no tangible thing..just few roads the other roads tolled..

mehn we just cant continue like this...if you have been to dubai and see infrastructure, you will marvel.AFRICA DO NOT NEED TO INVENT ANYTHING BUT SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE LIKE DUBAI

Is that also hard?

Dollyak:

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Neplusultra(f): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
Yesterday I was driving towards ikeja along computer village I saw a dead body lying on ground, his brain busted and it was obvious that he was lynched..I asked myself why are we blacks like this...we will lynch and burn a criminal life because he stole and you ask ..where is our humanity.

This is a country that somebody will still billions and give people packets of rice they will sing their praidses without minding his intellectual docility. when ever I land at MM airport, I become ashamed of us...have you flew into Africa or Nigeria in Nigght you will see darkness, no electricity.

We have to start changing our mindset ...its start from us, our ability to believe in ourselves...WEST CAN NOT HELP US, IMF, UN will never help us, they never helped any country in ASIA..Its high time we smell the coffee

Iv come to realise dat a long time ago, unfortunately I don't tink you can reorientate a Nigerian talk more of a black man! Seems d biblical Ham is truly d Blackman! Rmbr Noah's sons, Ham, Shem and Jopheth and curse?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Dollyak(f): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
that is it....i think tribalism is another aspect..maybe we do it european style where ethnic group have theitr own country. it makes homogenity.....this multi tribal setting in nigerian aint working from the look of it. just look at the election that passed now let us wait till they name ministers...you will see the type of buffooons they will put there

the former governmor that run the biggest economy in lagos that have economy bigger than ghana,togo binin republic but the state is small.... do you know what..the state is in debt to the tune of half a trillion yet no tangible thing..just few roads the other roads tolled

mehn we just cant continue like this...if you have been to dubai and see infrastructure, you will marvel.AFRICA DO NOT NEED TO INVENT ANYTHING BUT SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE LIKE DUBAI

Is that also hard?

Sigh... I completely agree. I think it's time to for me to go and relax because I am depress about the gloomy situation already.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:

Sigh... I completely agree. I think it's time to for me to go and relax because I am depress about the gloomy situation already.

just spoke my mind...they will not give smart ones the opportunity...tomorrow they will run to IMF

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
its bceause we are black.. cool...i dont know...i think we need to sit back and tell the rest of the world that we africans can be sane and move forward..
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
THAT NOAH STORY IS ANOTHER PLACE I THINK I WILL NOT LOVE TO BELIEVE...THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS THAT OUR CRAZY LEADERS KEEPS GOING THERE TO BEG THEM FOR MONEY AND ADVISE...

Neplusultra:
Iv come to realise dat a long time ago, unfortunately I don't tink you can reorientate a Nigerian talk more of a black man! Seems d biblical Ham is truly d Blackman! Rmbr Noah's sons, Ham, Shem and Jopheth and curse?
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by tonychristopher: 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
LOL

How

IzonOwei:
its bceause we are black.. cool...i dont know...i think we need to sit back and tell the rest of the world that we africans can be sane and move forward..
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by funlord(m): 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
grin
@OP! Because of our senseless and incompetent leaders, surplus greed, our cultures and traditions which are backward and steeped in hypocrisy and our lack of ambition regarding scientific improvement or thirst for knowledge! Clear enough?
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by jaysniggs: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

nigeria should be the beacon and pathfinder of black but look at the sorry state we found ourselves ....we jumped from frying own to fire

We need an inspirational and intelligent leader not a gerontocrat. I do not have apologies ..we should be able to sort out our domestic problem ....not begging the west

How can buhari beg the west to assist them to quash BOKO boys ....did China beg west ?

I think the earlier we start believing in our capacity and capabilities the best for us

There isn't one particular problem with Africa, rather there are multiple deadly problems that are with Africa.
The west is just a single problem, and the reason they have gotten this far in ruining Africa is because our leaders are not pratiotic.
You need to know since when these western powers have been taunting us, its a shame when you hear that Ajaokuta is being hindered by external forces to achieve its full potentials.
If our leaders were to be patriotic Ajaokuta would have transformed Nigeria in the infrastuctural sector since when its commentment.
Ask yourself, is there is a nation that is modernised without steel?

Another Problem is Most African citizens aren't aware of the fact that their leaders deserve to serve them and not vice versa.

Another are the constitutions that allow Nigerian lawmakers make away with so much unimaginable fortune monthly while their people lavishly spend abject poverty.

Another is the inability of Africans to think and be innovative!
We need to sit down and plan for the future, but can we when we didn't plan for the present?
I mean who should start producing, we should start making industries that can compete globaly.
We should move more to science!

And there are so many more like corruption,selfishness, greed among africans.
Its goes on and on and on

Just imagine that lovely Nigeria, that sweet Nigeria that country who used to be a laughing stock now a world power!
Think of we leading the entire black race!
Think of we teaching the world!
I think my Igbo producers should be dominating the world trade globally!
I wish my Odua people to build,make,invent for the world to copy!
My Huasa family should feed the entire planet!
Then think about the green passport, imagine the glory it would represent for as many as they that hold it.
You see its that easy so far we can kick out these problems
Trust me the so called whites are superior because they adopted science.
Africa will change for the better only if we do so.

Oh and yeah we must LOVE ourselves if we are to reach anywhere.
The first rule is LOVE if only we love ourselves, then we can attain that beautiful Nigeria!
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
LOL

How

i think the black mans problem is congenital...you just said ALL that is in my mind about the continent especially our mumu country nigeria..a country where a governor borrows money for the state and then steals the money in return..a country where we cant generate substantial electricity for the masses because a few black fools want to make gains by all means..the problem is there are greedy persons in the western world,but they would never let there greed make their people suffer..an average white man would do anything to make sure his country is up and standing,...i tell you my brother,just leave the USA to be inhabited by blacks alone and you would see the madness that will ensue..BLACKS NEED TO GET THEIR ACTS RIGHT AND DO THE RIGHT THING SO THAT WE CAN BE EMANCIPATED FROM THE HANDS OF FOOLISHNESS AND RETROGRESSION..
Re: Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? by Neplusultra(f): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
THAT NOAH STORY IS ANOTHER PLACE I THINK I WILL NOT LOVE TO BELIEVE...THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS THAT OUR CRAZY LEADERS KEEPS GOING THERE TO BEG THEM FOR MONEY AND ADVISE...

Well i wish it was fictitious too however u just have to accept d fact dat Africa will remain dis way till d end time of time, Fate it is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING ---Buhari And Apc Continues Clamp-down On SE+SS --- Ekweremadu Arrested / Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. / Prof Zulum Enrols 5,361 Orphans In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.