Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100883 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 9:05pm On May 23, 2011
@honeric
where are all those highlights provided by supersports
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2011
Wolves Ojo gets three match ban
by Sammy Wejinya 23 May 2011, 15:36
http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/110523/Wolves_Ojo_gets_three_match_ban

Warri Wolves defender Oni Ojo has been slapped with a three match ban by the Nigeria Premier League (NPL). The player has also been hit with a one hundred thousand naira (N100,000.00) fine following his conduct during Sunday’s NPL game between Heartland and Warri Wolves.

Ojo was involved in an altercation with the center referee Gabriel Solomon in the second half of the game shortly after a penalty had been awarded to Heartland. He (Ojo) was subsequently issued a red card in the feisty game which ended 0-0.

Acting Chairman of the NPL, Shehu Gusau said the punishment was meted out to the left back to serve as a deterrent to other players in the league who did not show the necessary respect for match officials.

“I saw the incident on Television and it was very appalling. We (NPL) have to take action swiftly so that other players who do not show respect to match officials will desist from such practices,” Gusau told SuperSport.com.

The NPL chief also highlighted the decisions taken by the league’s governing body following the ill fated game between Ocean Boys and Enyimba in Yenagoa on May 15. The media chief of Enyimba, Farrel Allaputa was beaten up and several Enyimba fans were stabbed as disgruntled Ocean Boys fans went on the rampage.

“We have issued Ocean Boys a strong warning pending when we will conclude investigations on the matter,” he said.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by leonaidas(m): 12:37am On May 25, 2011
@semid please i need your help here www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245364.768.html
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:33am On May 25, 2011
Dis Guy:

@honeric
where are all those highlights provided by supersports

Dem dey supersports websites grin grin grin grin

I never get time to go smuggle dem come from that side, can you help us with that? undecided
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:58am On May 25, 2011
E be like say them don, forget that side sef, only one since feb 2011

http://www.supersport.com/video/play.aspx?id=15403
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 6:14pm On May 26, 2011
Sunshine Stars have cut Dolphins lead on top of the table to just two points.
In a rescheduled last night, they defeated Bukola Babes 1-0 at the Tafawa Balewa Stadium, Bauchi courtesy of a strike from their new signing from Enyimba, Atanda Shakibu.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:08am On May 29, 2011
what happened, thought Kano Pillars and Eyinmba were meant to play a friendly, nobody went or was it postponed?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 4:10pm On May 29, 2011
People oh! I thought there was supposed to be a friendly today against Costa Rica (youth team) , no?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2011
Full-time Score
Costa Rica 1 Nigeria 0
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 11:15am On May 30, 2011
Why do friendlies n not publicise it?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Full-time Score
Costa Rica 1 Nigeria 0
Are you serious? I thought the match was cancelled.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 6:48am On Jun 04, 2011
When is the end of this season sef?

How many more games to go?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2011
Some games were played in midweek. Lemme go fetch the results. . . League leaders, Dolphins lost away 1-0 to Gombe Utd. They conceded a late goal in the 86th minute.
Sunshine Stars also lost away to Rangers 1-0 so Dolphins still lead the standings, two points ahead of Sunshine. Wolves are third.
Dis Guy:

When is the end of this season sef?

How many more games to go?
6 or 7 weeks. After this weekend round of matches, it will be 12 matches to go.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2011
Week 24 results(matches played in midweek - 01/06/11)

Sharks 1 vs Ocean Boys 0
Warri Wolves 3 vs JUTH FC 1
Shooting Stars 2 vs Kano Pillars 1
Enyimba 1 vs Bukola Babes 0
Gombe Utd 1 vs Dolphins 0
Rangers 1 vs Sunshine Stars 0
Plateau Utd 2 vs Zamfara Utd 0
Niger Tornadoes 1 vs Lobi Stars 1
Kwara Utd 2 vs Crown FC 0
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:33am On Jun 04, 2011
Week 25 fixtures(matches to be played 05/06)

Shooting Stars vs Enyimba
JUTH FC vs Kaduna Utd
Zamfara Utd vs Rangers
Sunshine Stars vs Sharks
Ocean Boys vs Gombe Utd
Lobi Stars vs Warri Wolves
Heartland vs Kwara Utd
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:42am On Jun 04, 2011
Other news:
Bukola Babes' coach, Fesus Allen, has come under fire from the Ilorin based side management after a recent drop in form have seen them slide down the table. He has been given a 3 match ultimatum to save his job and told to at least garner 7 points from these 3 matches. Two of the matches have been played and the Babes have claimed four points. Bukola Babes must win their upcoming match if Festus Allen is to keep his job.
Bukola Babes had a bright start to the season and at some point went on a record 8 match unbeaten run.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 8:16am On Jun 04, 2011
well they were on a run of good results until the stop-start-stop crisis with election, breaks etc etc
Or maybe they just like the atmosphere in Bauchi or was it Niger they were sent too
atleast they are still winning their home matches

If their next game is at home i don't see why they cant get the seven point
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2011
This season should come to an end jare, to me, the election and court cases has taken off the shine from the league, no longer worth my time.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:35am On Jun 07, 2011
Week 25 results:

Dolphins 3 vs Niger Tornadoes 0
Shooting Stars 1 vs Enyimba
JUTH FC 1 vs Kaduna Utd
Zamfara Utd 1 vs Rangers
Sunshine Stars 2 vs Sharks
Ocean Boys 2 vs Gombe Utd
Lobi Stars 1 vs Warri Wolves
Heartland 2 vs Kwara Utd 1
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:49am On Jun 07, 2011
There were reported cases of violence in some of match centres:
Zamfara
Shooting Stars

Ibrahim Ajani of Sunshine Stars now leads the scorers chart with 11 goals after he scored from the spot as Sunshine beat Sharks 2-1. Ukeyinma Akombo was Sunshine's other goal scorer; his 5th goal of the season.

Kwara United and Bukola Babes have returned to the new Ilorin Mini Stadium.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2011
Na wa o, teams cant even get a point on the road anymore, Even JUTH is now securing max points at home against Kaduna

Rangers cant whoop Zamfara?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2011
SS beat Elephant? What the. . .

anyways, CL still dey. hehe. cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
Shark Held to a 2-2 draw at home to Zamfara!!! e don happen!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^^

Lol, you dey pray for their downfall before? grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
lol noooo i was just surprised just last week i was moaning about, teams not being able to even secure away points
Now lowly Zamfara are holding High flying Sharks at home

This Crown FC no wan hear word, they are playing with relegation

Who is the new coach of Bukola Babes, i wonder why a team will suspend a coach, you either sack him or give him more time, which one be suspend o
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2011
Kaduna United and Sunshine Stars will be in action this weekend in the confederations cup.
Follow our teams progress on the continent:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-596096.32.html
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 12:35am On Jun 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

lol noooo i was just surprised just last week i was moaning about, teams not being able to even secure away points
Now lowly Zamfara are holding High flying Sharks at home

This Crown FC no wan hear word, they are playing with relegation

Who is the new coach of Bukola Babes, i wonder why a team will suspend a coach, you either sack him or give him more time, which one be suspend o
Shocking decision. . . Why not just sack him outright.
Of all the newly promoted teams, Babes have been the most impressive. They are currently 11th. The others are chilling in the relegation zone. I don't know if the Babes board are expecting him to win the league.
Before the break Babes were doing really. The finished 6th before the break and at some point were unbeaten in 8 matches.
I listened to Festus Allen on a radio show and he blamed his teams tepid performance after the break on the fact that his boys have not been properly 'motivated'. He also likened himself to Arsene Wenger, saying no other manager can get results with the set of players he is managing. The core of the Babes team are youngsters from the Kwara Football Academy.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 12:50am On Jun 11, 2011
Results of matches played in midweek(Week 26)

Sharks FC 2 vs Zamfara United 2
Plateau United 1 vs Shooting Stars 0
Niger Tornadoes 3 vs Ocean Boys 0
Kwara United 1 vs JUTH FC 0
Enyimba 1 vs Kano Pillars 0
Rangers 2 vs Bukola Babes 0
Warri Wolves 4 vs Dolphins 1
Crown FC 1 vs Heartland 0

Other news:
Zamfara to play behind closed doors. . . fans issue

A certain club physio(can't remember which club now) has been suspended and fined N 100,000 for attempting to beat up a referee in its club's last match.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 1:02am On Jun 11, 2011
Week 27 fixtures(matches to be played on 12/06)
JUTH FC vs Crown FC
Lobi Stars vs Kwara United
Zamfara United vs Gombe United
Ocean Boys vs Warri Wolves
Shooting Stars vs Rangers
Enyimba vs Plateau United
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 8:35am On Jun 11, 2011
medjai:

Shocking decision. . . Why not just sack him outright.
Of all the newly promoted teams, Babes have been the most impressive. They are currently 11th. The others are chilling in the relegation zone. I don't know if the Babes board are expecting him to win the league.
Before the break Babes were doing really. The finished 6th before the break and at some point were unbeaten in 8 matches.
I listened to Festus Allen on a radio show and he blamed his teams tepid performance after the break on the fact that his boys have not been properly 'motivated'. He also likened himself to Arsene Wenger, saying no other manager can get results with the set of players he is managing. The core of the Babes team are youngsters from the Kwara Football Academy.

Abi o, the guy is doing his first stint in the league proper and he is not doing badly with some couple of away wins to boot, something some established clubs couldn't get. The management didnt even consider the fact they have been moving up and down from their base. the problem with some club owners is they dont know their level nothing wrong with being ambitious but e dey cost money!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
Enyimba 3 - 0 Plateau United.

Uche Kalu scored 2 of Enyimba's 3 goals.

I wonder why Uche Kalu and Maduabuchi of Enyimba are not in the Super Eagles team
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 8:01am On Jun 13, 2011
Week 27 results:
Shooting Stars 0 vs Rangers 1 - Rangers second away win this season.
Kano Pillars 3 vs Heartland 0
Enyimba 3 vs Plateau United 0
Ocean Boys 1 vs Warri Wolves 1
Zamfara United 1 vs Gombe United 0
Lobi Stars 2 vs Kwara United 1
JUTH FC 0 vs Crown FC 1
Bukola Babes 1 vs Sharks FC 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (78) (Reply)

Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Lady Turns Super Eagles Jersey In Bum Shorts, Rocks It In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.