Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) (33904 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / How To Prepare 'AFANG SOUP'... / See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by foyeks2001(f): 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
dis one na gbese soup...lil wonder people do say Cal/Akwa babes cook well...of course why wldnt they? am very sure notin less than N2000 was spent on dis small quantity of afang soup...crayfish, dried fish, meat, periwinkle, stock fish, knorr maggi ontop, why una soup no go sweet...like kilode

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by kadree(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
BREAKING NEWS! A nairalander swallowed his phone after loading dis link: www.nairaland.com/2381962/chronicles-afang-soup-pics
More details shortly.

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Akshow: 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Yummy

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by flokii: 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet.. please what is that in d 3rd picture?

are those edible? cos it looks scary
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by stonecoldcafe: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:
And yes finally,food is served,loool!
Come and join me ,enough to go round*winks*
Note:forget all my shakara about been hungry,I cldnt go beyond one wrap of fufu o,except maybe I done waka d whole lagos on empty stomach ,before I can attempt two wraps!
Bon apetite!

Any idea why the afang leaves has to be pounded or blended? Why can't it just be cut and used like that.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
Oh my father in heaven,my thread made frnt page? Since 2015. Yepa,like olajumoke story ,me sef don land for world map,lool! Oga @lalastica,God bless u o as u remember me today. And na casually I talk o,ddnt know he will take it serios.
Gosh am feeling fly now,like a superstar. Infact lemme find smwere here in uyo(were I am presently) and go and shack palmwine,mak I sha see road back home(na joke o)
Yeah guys,feed ur eyes and learn frm dis my small put together afang soup.
Gosh am so excited. Oga seun,sosongo as well*hugs*(am I over reacting)

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by imexg(m): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ayeneka, ke nnam o.abihung andong

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
Enugu corper kwa? Naa,am done wit nysc some 5years ago(infact dis same month )
BUSYBRAIN2:

Hello Udysweet, are you an enugu corper?
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by ogtavia(m): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:
Hello people! Yes finally I decide to also open a thread here,lool.
Anyway its been a while I've had good soup to eat,upper week I battled to make oha soup even though I'm a full blooded ibibio lady from Uyo gan gan(trust me I got it right)
So I decided today to make small afang soup for"one" as I don't hav anybody around now to share with me,siblings are not around. Pls note this afang isn't the "elemi meje" type o,I jus do as my power fit,for dos of una wey wan yab me.
Oya enof of the talk,let d pics begin to roll! *winks*

Madam.....I don't know if I am wrong...why didn't u bleach d palm oil before adding it...cos d way I see it...ur soup will have dt raw palm oil taste,look dense and thick and it will mask d seasonings and d taste of pepper...I myt be wrong sha..maybe its ur style.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by McPhilz8(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
walemoney007:
Wetin they special for this afang soup sef,how is it diffrent from efo..the day I chop am,I no like am jawe

You dey gree like better thing?
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Ndifreke12(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nostalgia!

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by sisisioge: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Imagine this just making front page!
...babes I'm in!

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by sisisioge: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
ogtavia:

Madam.....I don't know if I am wrong...why didn't u bleach d palm oil before adding it...cos d way I see it...ur soup will have dt raw palm oil taste,look dense and thick and it will mask d seasonings and d taste of pepper...I myt be wrong sha..maybe its ur style.

Oga,abeg describe ur house make I bring notepad and pen...see analysis!
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by blesoh(f): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
Eyen eka,you try.I just finish making the soup now too. Nairanders you can join me live in canaan city.

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Chazzyboy: 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:
Meat already on fire,seasoned wit salt and knorr and some onion slices,boiling
Pic 2: stockfish insid water,to soften a bit and will soon be washed and added to d boiling meat
Pic 3:palm oil
Pic 4: yes I had to put dis,good old fufu!without dis,my afang soup isn't complete,looool!
dis girl u dey enjoy alone

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by aydelicious: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
dektron:
hi udy
how u de
hmm this looks delicious
no eat am alone oh
i love the soup, it looks lovely,i can feel it from here ,is going to be delicious.

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Trustisaburden: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
Spot on babe! u nailed it! mbok nem akemmi. Abasi odiong fi

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by fuckerholic(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:
Pic 1:afang added
Pic 2:adding my blended pepper and salt. Note that it shdnt be much because of d ones added in d afang during blending
Pic 3:adding seasoning(knorr cubes and salt)
Pic 4: finally added my palm oil

Baby why are you doing this ? Am not happy.. Why are you revealing our signature to the world (non akwaibomites) without payment ?
Pls don't do it again. "Mbok ke unam aba no isuk idat ando ikan unege (mmon uta afang) mme yoruba ( mmon utoro uduang ufok)
love you and proud of you ! Kisseees !

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by fuckerholic(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Trustisaburden:
Spot on babe! u nailed it! mbok nem akemmi. Abasi odiong fi
Etieti..

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmm.
The kind words/foreign words (abi slang words) wey I dey hear for here too technical jare.
Na only soup una dey discuss for here abi una don dey enter geography ni? angry

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by ogtavia(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
sisisioge:

Oga,abeg describe ur house make I bring notepad and pen...see analysis!
lol....very funny
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by smsshola(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

The shelled periwinkle tastes better and it's more nutritious. Even at that, a meal of afang isn't complete without the distinctive sounds of shelled periwinkles being sucked out. Nostalgic, huh?

In most street markets where a sizeable number of Akwaibom women are present, the shelled periwinkles are always cut at the end and washed to remove most of the mud. All you have to do is wash the periwinkle thoroughly and discard the water until it is clear.

Your meal looks tasty though. God knows I'd kiss the knuckles of an Akwaibom young woman who keeps the home and business fronts well. AFANG ALL THE WAY! smiley

Bros can you tell me how to deshell tiny periwinkles I av some here with me but I will need ur guide on how to go about de-shelling them.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Great work dear, You are a real African lady. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
Making eba 4 d soup

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by legacyofalley: 2:11am On Feb 14, 2016
Babe am coming to calabar for my b day in march. How do we meet up naw...+ dis soup I must chop am ooh
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Lol,no vex. Those words were jus added for emphasis. I guess because I live in yoruba land,don't mk me any less ibibio,am 100% full blooded ibibio lady. By d way I dunno were u jus mentioned tho
wilsondave:
Chai!!! That's what am eating presently here in E-kat Oron Akwa Ibom..... but wait o mbok how come the OP added yoruba language on her write up...
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:08am On Feb 14, 2016
You can learn wit dis simple method I gav here. Except u can find smwer in akwa ibom to help,good luck
wilsondave:
since have been to Akwa Ibom . I only buy this soup with fufu... and I need someone that can cook this for me here in Akwa Ibom...
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:12am On Feb 14, 2016
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:14am On Feb 14, 2016
macklef:

Hahah. Trust me, akwaibomites aint yorubas(pls dnt take it personal o my yoloba people)
We wash the perinwinkles that are obviously so dirty till the water is almost white.
I hate washing them tho cos u will scrub n change water a lot of times,
And after even washing, it is boiled seperately and the water thrown away before finally introducing it into the soup. So mam, as long as say na akwaibomite cook d perinwinkles, we leave no dirt unturned. Pere *Winks* cheesy

@udysweet, afia unwan, invite me over na, tasteing is believing, i will den upload
Puctures of my tastebuds so NL can confirm u as 100% ibibio. cheesy
Yeah you're right. Its plenty work tho to wash,ur fingers sef go ache,lol! Anoda way I go if I'm not boiling,I simply put salt in the water and soak wit the cut periwinkles,then wen its time I simple straind away d water and add the nfi to d soup.
Btw this thread was in june o,na jus yday God ansa my FP prayer,lol! Don't wry will DHL to u wen next I cook,smiles. And I'm ibibio mbok wat confirmation do I need again?lol
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:17am On Feb 14, 2016
nelcliff:
If i nor eat from this soup ehh, u go need to run far becos u just make me start to dey hungry unnecessary.
#onelovetoasisterfromanothermother.......
*running 440 with my heels touching d back of my head and not lookinf bak* lool. Mbok no vexing for me oo,I yaf beg u. *hugs*
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:19am On Feb 14, 2016
Hahaha! Mbok kuyad esit,ndiongho ke,ke aba ke utid udia. Wil sure send sm over once its 6pm*winks*
blezynetym:
Chai, Udy amenam abion andon, mbok mbä ké utit udia. Call me by 6pm. I will be free to eat that delicious meal. Iyam mi.......

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Lov u riight back dear,no homo. Am glad dis came in handly for u. Abt d afang,depends on were u are tho,getn the real tin is always diff odawise na jus dry leaf and no scent u go buy,lol!

ladygudhead:
inviting meal! I now know how to prepare afang soup.though I doubt I can get the afang itself here in my localityundecided. well,I will digest this for any opportunity that comes.Thanks udysweet!
I love anything veggie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Lady Shocked After Discovering "Puff-Puff' Inside An Egg Roll In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.