Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) (33902 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / How To Prepare 'AFANG SOUP'... / See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice
sonOfLucifer:

Im a good cook too embarassed
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
udysweet:

Hahahaha,see this ayin eka telling me how to handle "nfi" of cos I know na. Jus sayin I ddnt hav dat luxury of time. Yes I do see alrdy cut ones,but trust me from experience,some are not fresh. And then u find som tiny little tins insid not big enof to suck out. Dos ones are by luck tho. You sound like ur a gud cook urself? That's pretty cool. Happy sunday! smiley

Aha! I sensed that, that subtle indignation when you thought your culinary skill is being questioned...like most women. I wasn't though - I was just stating how/why I prefer the shelled one. Of course you should know how to cook very well- the Ibibio advantage.

Not to brag but I'm a good cook. At least that's what they tell me.

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Lol! That's nice
TheSonOfMark:

Aha! I sensed that, that subtle indignation when you thought your culinary skill is being questioned...like most women. I wasn't though - I was just stating how/why I prefer the shelled one. Of course you should know how to cook very well- the Ibibio advantage.

Not to brag but I'm a good cook. At least that's what they tell me.

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by AreaFada2: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Yum
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
AreaFada2:
Yum
Thanks smiley
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by ricki: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
you didn't explain well at all!!!
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by tpiah11: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
ricki:
you didn't explain well at all!!!
Explain what part?
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hi. Ok u can place ur food questions here. I hvnt been able to get anybody o. But wait sef,if u are in phc(I supos so)why not get those pple selling to help u prepare some? And then u can arrange d boli urself . One of ur frnd said u shdnt be found on the thread u quoted me earlier,may I ask why?
sonOfLucifer:
Hmmm. Food looks good. Just wish I can download and print.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
udysweet:
Hi. Ok u can place ur food questions here. I hvnt been able to get anybody o. But wait sef,if u are in phc(I supos so)why not get those pple selling to help u prepare some? And then u can arrange d boli urself . One of ur frnd said u shdnt be found on the thread u quoted me earlier,may I ask why?
Have no idea what's up with the dude.

Na, I'm not in PH now. I'm at some remote village in India. It's cool. I found an alternative.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
India ke?*scratches heads*
Ok no prob,glad to know u got an alternative.
sonOfLucifer:

Have no idea what's up with the dude.

Na, I'm not in PH now. I'm at some remote village in India. It's cool. I found an alternative.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by aydelicious: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Hmmm. Food looks good. Just wish I can download and print.
smiling.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chai!!! That's what am eating presently here in E-kat Oron Akwa Ibom..... but wait o mbok how come the OP added yoruba language on her write up...
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by obi4eze(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
O boy!

E be like say Na Calabar girl I go marry o!

Me well like good food die.

See as I just dey salivate for here. Chai!

3 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by mekzyjoe(m): 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
since 2015 cry cry cry cry..baba God remeba my hustle shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:

Yeah
since have been to Akwa Ibom . I only buy this soup with fufu... and I need someone that can cook this for me here in Akwa Ibom...
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:

Hahahaha,see this ayin eka telling me how to handle "nfi" of cos I know na. Jus sayin I ddnt hav dat luxury of time. Yes I do see alrdy cut ones,but trust me from experience,some are not fresh. And then u find som tiny little tins insid not big enof to suck out. Dos ones are by luck tho. You sound like ur a gud cook urself? That's pretty cool. Happy sunday! smiley
biko, no put that shelled periwinkle. I like this your style, the shelled one seems so dirty to me, 'cos I wonder if its actually washed properly.

I also hate hitting something as hard as rock while eating afang in the name of periwinkle. It's more annoying when I suck it and suck out spoilt periwinkle!!! cry

wristbangle:
I hope madam kachisbarbie will prepare this for boys coming to visit her home tomorrow cool
Don't worry, we will set up a committee to look into it.

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by wristbangle: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
I hope madam kachisbarbie will prepare this for boys coming to visit her home tomorrow cool
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

biko, no put that shelled periwinkle. I like this your style, it seems so dirty to me, 'cos I wonder if the actually wash the shells properly.

I also hate hitting something as hard as rock while eating afang in the name of periwinkle. It's more annoying when I suck it and suck out spoilt periwinkle!!! cry
Hahah. Trust me, akwaibomites aint yorubas(pls dnt take it personal o my yoloba people)
We wash the perinwinkles that are obviously so dirty till the water is almost white.
I hate washing them tho cos u will scrub n change water a lot of times,
And after even washing, it is boiled seperately and the water thrown away before finally introducing it into the soup. So mam, as long as say na akwaibomite cook d perinwinkles, we leave no dirt unturned. Pere *Winks* cheesy

@udysweet, afia unwan, invite me over na, tasteing is believing, i will den upload
Puctures of my tastebuds so NL can confirm u as 100% ibibio. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by orekelewa09(f): 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
H
wilsondave:
Chai!!! That's what am eating presently here in E-kat Oron Akwa Ibom..... but wait o mbok how come the OP added yoruba language on her write up...

I eat there frequently too
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by nelcliff(m): 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
If i nor eat from this soup ehh, u go need to run far becos u just make me start to dey hungry unnecessary.
#onelovetoasisterfromanothermother.......
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by blezynetym(f): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chai, Udy amenam abion andon, mbok mbä ké utit udia. Call me by 6pm. I will be free to eat that delicious meal. Iyam mi.......

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
udysweet:
Hello people! Yes finally I decide to also open a thread here,lool.
Anyway its been a while I've had good soup to eat,upper week I battled to make oha soup even though I'm a full blooded ibibio lady from Uyo gan gan(trust me I got it right)
So I decided today to make small afang soup for"one" as I don't hav anybody around now to share with me,siblings are not around. Pls note this afang isn't the "elemi meje" type o,I jus do as my power fit,for dos of una wey wan yab me.
Oya enof of the talk,let d pics begin to roll! *winks*

Hello Udysweet, are you an enugu corper?
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
macklef:

Hahah. Trust me, akwaibomites aint yorubas(pls dnt take it personal o my yoloba people) .
We wash the perinwinkles that are obviously so dirty till the water is almost white.
I hate washing them tho cos u will scrub n change water a lot of times,
And after even washing, it is boiled seperately and the water thrown away before finally introducing it into the soup. So mam, as long as say na akwaibomite cook d perinwinkles, we leave no dirt unturned. Pere *Winks* cheesy

@udysweet, afia unwan, invite me over na, tasteing is believing, i will den upload
Puctures of my tastebuds so NL can confirm u as 100% ibibio. cheesy
Shey you be "bitribal"? @ emboldened...hahahaha. You are covered. I just don't like it, it occupies unnecessary space, and it's annoying sucking out spoilt ones.
I used to eat afang a lot @ that restaurant on IBB road in Uyo, struggling to remember the name now...
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by serendipityF: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
Very nice though but this is what yoruba call 'adalu' or 'adaludapo' grin

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by ladygudhead(f): 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
inviting meal! I now know how to prepare afang soup.though I doubt I can get the afang itself here in my localityundecided. well,I will digest this for any opportunity that comes.Thanks udysweet!
I love anything veggie.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by monlawal(m): 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Eyen eka mmi ado se ndidia efere ado mme afo?

Mbok aba mó ke uyo?
udysweet:
And yes finally,food is served,loool!
Come and join me ,enough to go round*winks*
Note:forget all my shakara about been hungry,I cldnt go beyond one wrap of fufu o,except maybe I done waka d whole lagos on empty stomach ,before I can attempt two wraps!
Bon apetite!
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by jamace(m): 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
Mma mbok, no udia ndia. Obiong ayem di gwuot mi. Mbok. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Shey you be "bitribal"? @ emboldened...hahahaha. You are covered. I just don't like it, it occupies unnecessary space, and it's annoying sucking out spoilt ones.
I used to eat afang a lot @ that restaurant on IBB road in Uyo, struggling to remember the name now...
Lol. My mum musnt see some of my coments o, tho she knows i aint a yoloba fan.
Yeah, i can attest to the spoilt ones, but really it has to do with d cook.

When i was at aks, i hardly taste spoilt ones in my auntys perewinkle. They know dem wella
But when my mum cooks her own oh boy, i dont suck perewinkle o, cos she does not know d good ones from d bad ones, u suck perewinkle n ur whole tastebuds just turn sour.
Its also worse in some canteens, i dont suck in canteens too, cos dey buy in bulk and it can be kept for weeks without been cared for as such alot of dem die in d sack.

D best way to enjoy d sucked one is if a confirm akwaibomite prepares it and not on a comercial scale like that except them properly cater for them, changing dier water n stuff.

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by ragoannagogia: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
I like my Calabar cousin and our girls can cook men....

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by faites(f): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Looks so delicious, wish I could have some. Its been so long since I tasted freshly made soup. I miss home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Lady Shocked After Discovering "Puff-Puff' Inside An Egg Roll In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.