Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States (28994 Views)

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos / Get Your Master's Degrees In The United States Of America / Advice A Nigeria Based Nurse Hoping To Practice In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by chimerase2: 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dey dn repatrate u? Incase u knw no tins hard 4 naija grin

3 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by aboyaji(m): 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Please kindly run for your life.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by MrPresident1: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good decision
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by xtophy(m): 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Stay
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ChynoBEATS: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable.

If you can get a job here .........it's cool
But if you can't......................ah!

Next person please Explain further

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by seedorfg(m): 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
eh ehn, come na, come make we kill you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by odeku457(m): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
bigtt76:
I would advise that you do it in phase - taste the waters before relocating down fully. Come spend like between 3-6 months at a stretch and see if you can cope from the 'withdrawal syndrome' the movement will throw at you.

Like someone commented here, there are lots and lots of people like you ....its no longer automatic that because you schooled abroad you get a job immediately, so be ready for competition.

In coming back, your state and location of residence would determine how long or how soon you many want to run back home grin - If you decide to stay on the Lagos Island (Lekki, VGC area) be ready to cough out millions in rent (depending on your choice of building) or if you stay on the Mainland and work on the Island (where most oil companies are located) be ready to sleep less at night or spend more time in traffic.

Did I hear you studied Chemical Engineering? That means you might want to go to Port Harcourt where the action is? Well good but be ready with your ransom money in an escrow account just in case grin

Don't be discouraged shaaa ....there's the good side too - all those nice nice places you love visiting for fun or eating out, are now here hustling grin - only McDonalds still de form shaa. We have KFC, Dominos Pizza, Nandos you name it. For clothings, you have them here. If you still de feel like 'only bought in US stores' kind off ....we got parcel shipping companies here that can do you the magic grin

The babes grin .....we de shaaaa ....be ready to buy us Moet (osho free ones de shaaa but ...you know na) kiss

All the best man.

At OP you have heard... and if Oyibo gal neva hook you down.... I bet this gal that comnent might be available. ....(I bet on request)
hehehe

#oyel$inveiw

Good Luck
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Spells(m): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
CountDracula:

If u wanna relocate to naija and u think cos u studied abroad u wud get an oil and gas job u ar jus kiddin urself, there are lots of ur type here. And d population here is enof abeg jus stay where u are!
just like a second me,u just said ma mind out, not a single word left out...

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Skoopy(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good development, (eko, warri, portharcourt, bonny and eket mosquitos are willing to welcome you.

No take too long to make up your mind pls.

4 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Bonapart(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Pray and ask GOD for direction.
the bible says a man's heart diverseth his ways but the lord shall order his step proverb 16 v9

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Ushiefrank(m): 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
bigtt76:
I would advise that you do it in phase - taste the waters before relocating down fully. Come spend like between 3-6 months at a stretch and see if you can cope from the 'withdrawal syndrome' the movement will throw at you.

Like someone commented here, there are lots and lots of people like you ....its no longer automatic that because you schooled abroad you get a job immediately, so be ready for competition.

In coming back, your state and location of residence would determine how long or how soon you many want to run back home grin - If you decide to stay on the Lagos Island (Lekki, VGC area) be ready to cough out millions in rent (depending on your choice of building) or if you stay on the Mainland and work on the Island (where most oil companies are located) be ready to sleep less at night or spend more time in traffic.

Did I hear you studied Chemical Engineering? That means you might want to go to Port Harcourt where the action is? Well good but be ready with your ransom money in an escrow account just in case grin

Don't be discouraged shaaa ....there's the good side too - all those nice nice places you love vis[color=#006600][/color]iting for fun or eating out, are now here hustling grin - only McDonalds still de form shaa. We have KFC, Dominos Pizza, Nandos you name it. For clothings, you have them here. If you still de feel like 'only bought in US stores' kind off ....we got parcel shipping companies here that can do you the magic grin

The babes grin .....we de shaaaa ....be ready to buy us Moet (osho free ones de shaaa but ...you know na) kiss

All the best man.

Babe you are fvcking too much luv ur c'ment

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by chimerase2: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Well dnt wori cum
feel free no cause 4 alarm cus even if u neva get job here, buhari 5k allowee go sure 4 u grin

5 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by eatwell423: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.
Same is the situation in most companies in Nigeria, except you're working for a multinational

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by seedorfg(m): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
who is hindering you from coming, but what you should know is that lagos traffic will surely send you packing to obodo oyibo, were you come from grin

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by carbon1224(m): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
Try invest on property before relocating back to Nigeria. You need to be insured incase the job offer doesn't come ontime but it's a good development.

BayoAdex:

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
Get away!!! maybe you have committed a crime bloody funcle!!!! Who in his or her right mind will come back to this cesspit of evil?!!! except a pedophile or criminal!!! because all pedophiles know here is a haven for child molesters!!! SEE NEVER IN YOUR USELESS LIFE COME HERE AND POST SUCH NONSENSE AGAIN!!!! YES I AM ANGRY BECAUSE I JUST READ HOW MUCH CLOTHING ALLOWANCES THE LAW MAKERS ARE GETTING NEXT WEEK SO I AM TAKING IT OUT ON YOU!!!!!
RUBBISH POST!!!! IF YOU WANT TO ESCAPE THE AMERICAN POLICE BETTER GO ELSE WHERE THAN RETURN HERE UNGRATEFUL GOAT!!!! NONSENSE !!!!!! angry angry

7 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by blacq2009(m): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:

Is the States your home? What goes up will surely come down.

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Lee29: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nigeria is a great place to be.... In the course of scouting for job; don't just focus on top organisations cos there are lot of not-so-popular organisations that offer an impressive pay package. I will suggest u start applying now.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by abbey621(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
My advice to you is to wait, your degree alone won't get you a great offer, it all boils down to experience and your network. If you can get a job in your field here in the U.S, the experience alone will make you very attractive to potential employers in Nigeria. Already you have the edge, your American degree is 10 times as valuable as the same degree from any Nigerian institution, this is the way most employers assess foreign degrees. If you are truly serious about relocating to Nigeria, the best route is to secure a job offer from a U.S based company with project work in Nigeria, this way you would be paid in hard currency and your position very secure. Overall, relocating to Nigeria without enough savings will not only cripple you physically but emotionally, do your research before embarking on this journey!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by WINDSOW(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bros,u need 3 days fasting + hot prayers.
Those Witch for Ur village wan finish u rau rau.
Them wan remote u come naija make them jst complete ur mata.
If u like come. OYO

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Vikkie14: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
WELCOME HOME.

In case you've forgotten, we will put you through the necessary procedures.

If you want to relocate to the BOKO HARAM Land-- Press 1.

If you want to relocate to RITUALIST Land-- press 2.

If you want to relocate to "KILLER" CATTLE RUSTLERS/FULANI HERDSMEN Land-- Press 3.

If you want to relocate to PIPE LINE VANDALS/KIDNAPPERS Land--press 4.

If you want to go back to USA-- Make you Press 5.

Press 6 to listen to it again.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Megaphone: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:

either this guy is a jokin or something else. see what he postedin 2013-

Good morning Nairalanders and thanks all for ur wonderful time here. Pls I will need u guys/ladies to assist me here. I currently have a visiting visa to d US (B1/B2 category) and someone told me it is possible to change the status of the visa to student in d USA. Meanwhile the person does not ve a clue how she can help bt told me she has heard it done b4 in d US. Pls I will like people that ve either done this before or that ve heard or can be of help to comment on this. I will greatly appreciate all suggestions. Thanks and God bless everyone. God bless nairaland

now youre already a naturalized citizen abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by kevwemike: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bros the winches for ur village dey call u come back? It is well with u. Home trouble.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ttmacoy: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
"For some, relocating to Nigeria has been the best thing that ever happened to them and to some it turned out to be a nightmare."

This to me is the best advice I have seen here.There is no one size fits all, you need to decide based on your current situation in the US and what you can in Nigeria to determine which is best for you.

Btw your statement "life in the U.S to me is monkey dey work baboon dey chop" makes me laugh and wonder if you realize that Nigeria is the common people dey work, politicians and their friends they steal all the money stash am abroad.

BayoAdex:

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Pope22(m): 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
Some people are lookin for ways to run out of the country, u want to come in. Welcome!

3 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Vikkie14: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
lestat:
Get away!!! maybe you have committed a crime bloody funcle!!!! Who in his or her right mind will come back to this cesspit of evil?!!! except a pedophile or criminal!!! because all pedophiles know here is a haven for child molesters!!! SEE NEVER IN YOUR USELESS LIFE COME HERE AND POST SUCH NONSENSE AGAIN!!!! YES I AM ANGRY BECAUSE I JUST READ HOW MUCH CLOTHING ALLOWANCES THE LAW MAKERS ARE GETTING NEXT WEEK SO I AM TAKING IT OUT ON YOU!!!!!
RUBBISH POST!!!! IF YOU WANT TO ESCAPE THE AMERICAN POLICE BETTER GO ELSE WHERE THAN RETURN HERE UNGRATEFUL GOAT!!!! NONSENSE !!!!!! angry angry
grin badt guy
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by jaybee3(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
Please add pipeline engineering, subsea engineering, reservoir engineering MSc instead of the MBA before thinking of relocating.

Make yourself attractive

BEng in Chemical engineering alone won't necessarily give you the edge

3 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Themandator: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
There's nothing wrong with it particularly if he is jobless, over there.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by M4gunners: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
CountDracula:

If u wanna relocate to naija and u think cos u studied abroad u wud get an oil and gas job u ar jus kiddin urself, there are lots of ur type here. And d population here is enof abeg jus stay where u are!
Mehn respect.It he was a doctor or lawyer i would've supported his plan,but that what he studied please make ur living over there.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ChynoBEATS: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
seedorfg:
eh ehn, come na, come make we kill you

Lolz.. I said Explain further not threaten grin
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Megaphone: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
lestat:
its likely the guy is kust jokin. see what he posted bac in 2013-. liar
Pls i need an advice as im about making a great decision in my life.
Im a young man of 26 yrs, a graduate, unmarried and presently workin in a sustainable family biz in ibadan. I earn btw 2m-2.5m yearly.
However, lately i have been having a sense of discontentment as i move to adult level in life. I want to live in another city (cos i ve lived in ib all my life). I have decided america is best place for me as i already have a sis who is a citizen there. She has advised that i will need to go back to school and study medical related discipline for 4-5 years so my future will be guaranteed in america...and also during dat period to look for a lady dat can make my papers (green card).
plsease nairalander i need ur help. Wat is your take on this?? Is it wise or i shld jejely stay here?? Pls those abroad too pls i will appreciate ur contributions. Thanks thanks thanks

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by kelvyn7: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
U beta gum ur yansh there oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Project Management / Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.