Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States (28980 Views)

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos / Get Your Master's Degrees In The United States Of America / Advice A Nigeria Based Nurse Hoping To Practice In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ronald4lif(m): 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
The OP is a troll. He's not a U.S naturalized citizen as claim. He claims he has been in the States for just 5years whereas to become a naturalized citizen of America one must be a resident for 10years from the day they secured residence permit.

Again, in one of his comments sometime in 2013, he said he's on U.S B1/B2 visa and was seeking for information on how to secure a residence permit. So how did he become a citizen between 2013 and 2015?. Not possible.

He should just say he intend relocating back to Nigeria after his studies because life abroad is strenuous and thorny for illegal immigrants. If that is the case, it's a welcome development and the right thing to do.

6 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by shegzeal: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
ibrokola:
. Apply for the job online and be sure you have gotten it before relocating!

Short and precise.Op please take this advice

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by EbolaParasite: 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
Badgers14:
When you finish your program,get a job in the US , garner some experience. Request your company transfer you to Naija. Some of these oil companies have offices in Nigeria.

Good luck cool

Una just like to dey open mouth. "Request your company transfer you to naija" like say na potato. There are tonnes of other Nigerians working in these companies. Na only you dem born wey na your own request dem go grant. The guy go join line. Plenty people dey line dey wait juh.

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by sped1oro(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Whoever said you should not come back to Nigeria is only postponing your judgement day.I guess you are still single and that alone is an added advantage.In case you are willing to break barriers, i shall gladly provide tips on how to start something before you actually relocate back to Nigeria,i will give you references of people from America whom i have provided business consulting services to, i will show you their businesses and how they have survived the odds and will also tell you how to start a business that will not require a physical office at the initial stage.
Lastly,since you are a chemical Engineer, i will show you how to go into partnership that will not entail you putting any cash on the table.whenever you are ready mail me @ lekanolanite@gmail.com
www.hollalaycan.com
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Sagamite(m): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
CountDracula:

If u wanna relocate to naija and u think cos u studied abroad u wud get an oil and gas job u ar jus kiddin urself, there are lots of ur type here. And d population here is enof abeg jus stay where u are!

You are terrified of competition?

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by laoma4u: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
ronald4lif:
The OP is a troll. He's not a U.S naturalized citizen as claim. He claims he has been in the States for just 5years whereas to become a naturalized citizen of America one must be a resident for 10years from the day they secured residence permit.

Again, in one of his comments sometime in 2013, he said he's on U.S B1/B2 visa and was seeking for information on how to secure a residence permit. So how did he become a citizen between 2013 and 2015?. Not possible.

He should just say he intend relocating back to Nigeria after his studies because life abroad is strenuous and thorny for illegal immigrants. If that is the case, it's a welcome development and the right thing to do.

there are so many ways he could have become naturalized within that timeframe.. i am not arguing with the B1/B2 part but i know that people get U.S citizenship via different routes. my friend's father is a citizen and they just did a dna test and homeboy became a citizen within months.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ONESS: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.
just try and make proper inquiry b4 making the move to return and perhaps seek for employment for job from there when things are to ur liking you can come home and continue where you stopped because naia no be place for sme,sme and dulling things ooo. High rate of unemployment BE WARNED
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Krucifax(m): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Megaphone:
either this guy is a jokin or something else. see what he postedin 2013-

Good morning Nairalanders and thanks all for ur wonderful time here. Pls I will need u guys/ladies to assist me here. I currently have a visiting visa to d US (B1/B2 category) and someone told me it is possible to change the status of the visa to student in d USA. Meanwhile the person does not ve a clue how she can help bt told me she has heard it done b4 in d US. Pls I will like people that ve either done this before or that ve heard or can be of help to comment on this. I will greatly appreciate all suggestions. Thanks and God bless everyone. God bless nairaland

now youre already a naturalized citizen abi?

Hahahahahahahahaha you wicked o. See as you just expose the guy...Diarisgodo grin grin
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
sexymoma:
Bros Stay dia ooo we wey we dey hia sef.. as i dey type so i never chop (1)
(2)Traffic wey go dey hook u for here ehn e nor get Season ooo i nearly wan sh1t for body the other day
(3)Bros we wey dey hia dey struggle wan go U.S ooo... Light nor dey like dat for here ooo u go fit cope so
(4)E nor easy to get Job for Naija oooo... Ma neighbour wey study Law, Na only God say make he learn how to barb

ROTFLMAO! *Faints*
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.
MAKE WE SWAP
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Setaje(f): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Op, learn a new language before coming back. French to be precise. Am not joking.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by 19naia(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
If you dont have a choice job lined up or many millions of Naira saved up, then its not a good move... To suffer without in US, is easier than to suffer without in Nigeria... You may feel like baboon status in USA, but there are much worse things in Nigeria if you dont have something worthwhile lined up already... Nigeria has an excess of US and European educated people there looking for the same opportunities as you..
It will be a competition nigerian style and thats not easy...
Meanwhile, those who have family and friends connected to the right people in the right industries and business, they are walking out of polytechnics in rural states of Nigeria and taking all the lucrative positions...
US is not that bad even under the worst conditions... Nigeria Na Die even in less than the worst conditions... shocked

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
E be like the remote wey dem de press from uur villa dey work well and it seems to be working concurently with some of the replies you"re getting here on nairaland cos with the "likes" as seeing on some of the comments encouraging you to come...de remote get very new ba3...well sha,the only advantage's that you"re naturalized so no biggiie,if tins dont work out..u park ur bag and go back...cos when u cum bk,u"ll av 2 start building contacts from scratch compared to what you have already built over there...plus the hustle here na DIE,u go begin learn work from people like me wey still be apprentice sef when it comes to hustle!

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Badgers14: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Una just like to dey open mouth. "Request your company transfer you to naija" like say na potato. There are tonnes of other Nigerians working in these companies. Na only you dem born wey na your own request dem go grant. The guy go join line. Plenty people dey line dey wait juh.

Just like your moniker, go park one side. No one said its easy. Aint nothing easy in life. You just gotta give it your best shot.

But anyways na you get your mouth, you fit use am chop $hit.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ghost80: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by omoharry(f): 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
WINDSOW:
Bros,u need 3 days fasting + hot prayers.
Those Witch for Ur village wan finish u rau rau.
Them wan remote u come naija make them jst complete ur mata.
If u like come. OYO
This your post got me laughing to the ground.hahahaha!Nairalanders, una too funny. kai!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:

First, wit God all things re possible. Its not easy here in Nigeria to get a job but wit connections, say God and if possible u knw any politician, not just politician but a reason one, u can cos Nigeria things na so so connection. More so, if u re destine to be in Nigeria am sure d mercy of will locate u and make sure u pray its important.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by InvertedHammer: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2015

About Goint To School With Visiting Visa In America by BayoAdex(m): 6:31am On Jan 22, 2013

Good morning Nairalanders and thanks all for ur wonderful time here. Pls I will need u guys/ladies to assist me here. I currently have a visiting visa to d US (B1/B2 category) and someone told me it is possible to change the status of the visa to student in d USA. Meanwhile the person does not ve a clue how she can help bt told me she has heard it done b4 in d US. Pls I will like people that ve either done this before or that ve heard or can be of help to comment on this. I will greatly appreciate all suggestions. Thanks and God bless everyone. God bless nairaland

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by BayoAdex(m): 5:44am

/
In 2013, you claimed to have a "visiting visa" to US.

In less than 2 years (2015), you are already a naturalized U.S. citizen planning to relocate to Nigeria.

You better get your story right.

I suspect that unemployment and idleness are playing games with your brain.

\

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by omoharry(f): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Megaphone:

GBAM.....a food for taught.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
caniva:
[size=17pt]Electricity go tell am the right answer.[/size]

Lwkmd grin grin grin
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by breakeven: 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
If you got the dream job,why not. For me Nigeria is the best country to live if you have money.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by TopHand: 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
ibrokola:
Apply for the job online and be sure you have gotten it before relocating!
Best advice so far, Nigeria is very sweet if you have some money, dont even think about coming if you got nothing also after job accomodation is next thing
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ajimega: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
I will tell you nothing but the truth. Don't you dare try it cos na wash wash u dey the only thing u can do if possible is to seek enployment here in nigeria from the state then when it is secured as in well secured you can now proceed
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by adekole: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
If you do not know the right top folks (Powerful Nigerians) who are willing to give you a soft landing in Nigeria, it will be a waste of time. There are tons of other Nigerians from UK and US hopelessly walking around just like the ones that went to Unilag. In Nigeria, it is mostly never about what you know or your education level, but all about who you know.
No doubt, home sweet home, but you must be very careful and do your homework before you make your move. Nigeria is not what it used to be.
Most of the people that relocated from UK or US have already returned back, with a promise not to ever return.

You must also think about weak security, senseless system, brainless people, failed infrastructure, poor medical system, extremely expensive or weak education for your children and more than everything else Family DRAMA. If you are not ready to face all these things, I will advise you to get yourself a good job and enjoy a peaceful life style in USA. Home is where you're free and have a peace of mind. Nigeria is not going anywhere, you can always relocate when things on ground start making sense.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by crackhouse(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
ibrokola:
Apply for the job online and be sure you have gotten it before relocating!
how will he be sure of getting it without coming back to Nigeria for aptitude test or other series of test that will qualify him for the job?
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dude, nostalgia is a marafaka; bad as it seems in the States, trust me, it's a hundred times worse in Naija...don't head to Naija unless your job is guaranteed or if you're planning on setting up a business (but then you can't leave Nigerians to look after your investment)...ultimately, my advice to you is to stay put where you at and let the nostalgia pass, when you make money go set up something for your fellow Nigerians
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Megaphone:

bursted, no mind the liar jare hehehehe tongue
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ugoezeik(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
bigtt76:
I would advise that you do it in phase - taste the waters before relocating down fully. Come spend like between 3-6 months at a stretch and see if you can cope from the 'withdrawal syndrome' the movement will throw at you.

Like someone commented here, there are lots and lots of people like you ....its no longer automatic that because you schooled abroad you get a job immediately, so be ready for competition.

In coming back, your state and location of residence would determine how long or how soon you many want to run back home grin - If you decide to stay on the Lagos Island (Lekki, VGC area) be ready to cough out millions in rent (depending on your choice of building) or if you stay on the Mainland and work on the Island (where most oil companies are located) be ready to sleep less at night or spend more time in traffic.

Did I hear you studied Chemical Engineering? That means you might want to go to Port Harcourt where the action is? Well good but be ready with your ransom money in an escrow account just in case grin

Don't be discouraged shaaa ....there's the good side too - all those nice nice places you love visiting for fun or eating out, are now here hustling grin - only McDonalds still de form shaa. We have KFC, Dominos Pizza, Nandos you name it. For clothings, you have them here. If you still de feel like 'only bought in US stores' kind off ....we got parcel shipping companies here that can do you the magic grin

The babes grin .....we de shaaaa ....be ready to buy us Moet (osho free ones de shaaa but ...you know na) kiss

All the best man.
lolzzzz ur comment got me cracking loud. u kill it all sis. if only he can take ur advice
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
bebe2:
Experience will teach u undecided

Hope no be all this big mouths wey dey nairaland dey deceive u ooo

Na mouth them dey ooo.

I dey go naija every year, but I will never subject my sef and kids to that standard of livING.

Dats my opinion.
. kiss kiss
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
In 2013, you claimed to have a "visiting visa" to US.

In less than 2 years (2015), you are already a naturalized U.S. citizen planning to relocate to Nigeria.

You better get your story right.

I suspect that unemployment and idleness are playing games with your brain.

\

Gbam!! d guy is a compound liar, he is a troll angry angry

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lmao, d guy is a troll angry angry
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by obiZEAL(m): 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
na devil d push u so o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mtn Salary For Fresher / Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.