Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries (27847 Views)

33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha / Governors Can’t Pay Salaries Because Of Corruption – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Too much grammar
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bablong(m): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2015
I guess this is a clarion call to State governments to find alternative income generation.

It is really saddening to hear civil servants being owed several months salaries despite the boom we had lastyear.

What a devastating experience!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry

No thanks to GEJ administration

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by AnodaAccountYOo: 9:29am On Jun 16, 2015
AnneMomoh:

blackberry?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 16, 2015
What actually do the states do with their internally generated revenue. Was that not meant to suppliment Federal allocations or they saying the states don't generate a dime and are fully dependent

No wonder these governors are demi gods. The scale of corruption in this country is beyond imagination.. undecided
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
The dwindling revenue of federal, state and local
government is as a result of falling oil prices.

After some of them will come here and say we in the ND should go and drink our oyel
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by hero10(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
shoro niyen?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Meiji(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
I always advocate Peter Obi's formula for cases like this. All states should restructure such that they cover their recurrent expenditure (salaries et al) from their IGR and use FAAC allocations for capital projects that will impact the people.

Enough of this financial recklessness.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bamite(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
I thought Buharists said President Magician Buhari(PMB) will "block leakages" and start posting trillions monthly as revenue.
you really need to get a job

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by AnodaAccountYOo: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
AnneMomoh:

blackberry?
no, Big Boo.bs
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Judolisco(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
toor
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Meiji(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
bablong:

I guess this is a clarion call to State governments to find alternative income generation.

It is really saddening to hear civil servants being owed several months salaries despite the boom we had lastyear.

It's GEJ's fault that oil prices fell?

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by texazzpete(m): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2015
bigiyaro:
story for d gods!

TRANSLATION: "I don't understand any of this!!"
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by surugede(m): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2015
I didn't border reading the long article to the end. After I read the first few paragraphs I know where the story is headed.

If a state like Katsina with small, yet reduced allocation, with one of the least IGR and almost a zero external debt was able to pay salary faithfully for the past 8 years till date, no other state has an excuse, a reason or any form of justifications. NONE.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by LaudGuy: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2015
Only in Nigeria! I have no atom of respect for any state ceo who cannot pay salaries. It is a disgrace!! True federalism is the only way forward for Nigeria.

A §izzling Hot mixtape drops 31-12-15 on Nairaland. Free download! Anticipate!
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Fowobi(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2015
Na today? so if oil no dey, pesin pikin no go chop again?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by buharisambisada: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2015
Cooked up story to help APC states in govt,after using it to score cheap political points in the past GEJ administration,they used it against GEJ,they now need another lie to cover it up now that they are in power and which parastatal would best fit for this propanganda CBN dam janjaweedians.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by 400billionman: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2015
But their governors can buy bullet proof cars
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by SilverSurfer: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Are we not tired of sharing revenues in this country. The way forward from this quagmire is fiscal federalism. Every state should be responsible for its populace. This sharing is doing nobody no good. Nigeria as we know it is gradually dying with the kind of federalism that we are running.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by gawk: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=14pt] I'M A BAD GIRL AND PROUD

I'M ADDICTED TO FELATIO

I CAN MAKE THE TOUGHEST MAN BEG FOR SEX

I'M GOOD IN LICKING HIS BALLS AND MAKING HIM GROAN

I'M HOT AND BEAUTIFUL

I'M A WINNER IN BED cool
[/size]

Can I confirm, will u call me?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 16, 2015
gawk:

Can I confirm, will u call me?

20k for short time
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by chigoizie7(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2015
Please, can someone explain all that bull shiit for me? I mean, break it down for me, I got lost in between lines.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bablong(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2015
Meiji:

It's GEJ's fault that oil prices fell?

True say....it's not GEJ's fault that oil prices dropped but it is his "lack of foresight" to know that oil prices will drop and did not have a fall-back plan and also his "mismanagement and mis-appropriation" of funds that we have no reserves after oil prices fell........
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by GeoOla25(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmmmmmn....What a country....chai Nigeria,
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by DanielPop(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2015
ayindejimmy:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/cbn-gives-insight-why-states-cant-pay-salaries/

So much grammar

How about a table or graph detailing the Internally Generated Revenue of these states..or are they just mere collection centre's. If yes, then any fool with money received from Abuja can run a state.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by akoaki(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2015
Someday, there would be consequences for the conduct of these smellfungi and mumpsimuses posting derogatory views about about officials of the nigerian government on this platform. Just an advice to those involved to tread cautiously.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Marthaodion(f): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=14pt][i] /i][/size]

Receive sense, early this morning your brain is malfunctioning too bad.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by cornoil(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2015
Who confirmed you to be a certified bad girl? Who confirmed you to be a winner in bed? Beautiful, that's Yes, but Hot? Maybe. You look like a learner to me though.
irunoobo:
[size=14pt] I'M A BAD GIRL AND PROUD

I'M ADDICTED TO FELATIO

I CAN MAKE THE TOUGHEST MAN BEG FOR SEX

I'M GOOD IN LICKING HIS BALLS AND MAKING HIM GROAN

I'M HOT AND BEAUTIFUL

I'M A WINNER IN BED cool
[/size]
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by godoluwa(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2015
ojun50:
Hw many C- servant understand this
ntin like understanding. the best way is to communicate with them & let them realize that their will be little reduction in their salary. my dad was a former c-s @UCH during Obasanjo regime. there was a shortfall in their salary then & each workers accept it like dat. btw, workers received their salary as and when due. theres ntin to justify owing 8months, 10months salaries
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Mutuwa(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2015

AND ALL WITHOUT MINISTERS:
●Muhammadu Buhari, President of Nigeria, has set world record in 15 days in office with his diplomatic shuttles focusing on Security and revamping the economy.

●He has been to Chad and Niger Republic,
He has been to Germany for G7 world Summit, Sent his VP(Osinbajo) to Sudan,
Hosted Chad Basin Commission Heads of States Summit still on security, Attend AU Summit in South Africa.

●Dealing with oil thieves and already recovered over $3b dollars within 10 days.
Getting the oil thieves to bring the diverted fuel and other products through the crude swap into the country which is why the fuel scarcity is no longer as bad as it was 3 weeks ago even with the refusal of marketers to import.

●DSS is investigating NNPC GMD and all the officials and suddenly we are told PH refinery will be fully operational starting from 30th of June 2015.

●He has directed Salaries and Wages Commission to begin the process of downward review of salaries and allowances of executive, judicial and legislative officers.

●He has given directive to Governors and Prison Service to work to de congest the Prisons in the country.

●He has held briefing session with Permanent Secretaries. Currently, he is chairing the AU 25th Summit on Security Committee in S/Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bablong(m): 9:47am On Jun 16, 2015
Imo state Government tops the list of unpaid staff salaries yet this aboki ndigbo has a 1billion naira worth of mansion in the state.... Chai!!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The thunder wey go fire all dis governors still dey do press-up
[b][/b]

Walahi!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by richidinho(m): 9:48am On Jun 16, 2015
bablong:

See mu.gu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Appoints Olubamiwo Adeosun, First Female Oyo SSG / Buhari Meets With Security Chiefs Over Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack (Photos) / Tinubu Releases Manifestos, Tags It "Renewed Hope"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.