Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries (27848 Views)

33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha / Governors Can’t Pay Salaries Because Of Corruption – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Marthaodion(f): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2015
It's time for the people to start holding their local government chairman, governors, local and National Assembly representatives responsible for their offices. The little allocation they claim to receive what are they doing with it?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by funlord(m): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2015
grin

Ballistic Jargon featuring voodoo economics can only be equal 2 SCAM! Na kpoi dem dey yarn abeg!
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Meiji(m): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2015
bablong:

True say....it's not GEJ's fault that oil prices dropped but it is his "lack of foresight" to know that oil prices will drop and did not have a fall-back plan and also his "mismanagement and mis-appropriation" of funds that we have no reserves after oil prices fell........

"No reserves after crude oil fell"... apparently you were not following the news when the likes of Rotimi Amaechi practically blackmailed Okonjo-Iweala to share the savings in the Excess Crude account. Kontinu.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bablong(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2015
richidinho:

See mu.gu

Prayer for d rest of ur dayzzzzz

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by tonychristopher: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2015
IT IS BASICALLY THAT WE HAVE STUPID AND CLUELESS PEOPLE AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIRS. THEY SIMPLY LACK THE CAPACITY TO THINK OUT OF BOX IN A NUTSHELL THEY DO NOT HAVE CREATIVE THINKING ABILITY

SOME WERE FRIDGE RE[AIRERS, SOME WHERE SCAM MEN, SOME NEVER IMPACTED..SO THE STATES WILL BE BROKE
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Marthaodion(f): 9:58am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:

people like u fvck the worst offline but come here to form holier than thou. useless mumu with an ostrich neck. fool

There are still people with integrity, well reserved, and people who practice what they preach not hypocrite. Change the people u walk it and then u will begin to see its true

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by chigoizie7(m): 10:00am On Jun 16, 2015
ayindejimmy:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/cbn-gives-insight-why-states-cant-pay-salaries/

So much grammar

If the FG provides for both state and local govt, what I d work of the state nd LG? I seriously don't get it.

I also think, these same problem bla bla bla that CBN are saying cuts across all states, why are some paying and why are some not paying?

April 2015 is not 11months, why are some owing for the past 11 months and so?

CBN biko nu jee nu zuo ike. Why giving those foooolish governors a soft landing?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by kodlins(f): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2015
The way forward is to cut down reoccurrent expenditure and allowances for politically elected officers.

I pray GMB succeeds in cutting down the excesses!!!
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Brightscofild(m): 10:06am On Jun 16, 2015
Abeg anybody with Nokia pin mouth charger?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Iman24: 10:07am On Jun 16, 2015
WE BUY DEAD INVERTER BATTERIES @ ANY LOCATION IN LAGOS, ABUJA AND BENIN. CALL 07050606836

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by chigoizie7(m): 10:08am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=14pt] I'M A BAD GIRL AND PROUD

I'M ADDICTED TO FELATIO

I CAN MAKE THE TOUGHEST MAN BEG FOR SEX

I'M GOOD IN LICKING HIS BALLS AND MAKING HIM GROAN

I'M HOT AND BEAUTIFUL

I'M A WINNER IN BED cool
[/size]

Still wondering why u re not our new petroleum minister, u should ve fuvcked ur way to the top by now.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bablong(m): 10:12am On Jun 16, 2015
Meiji:

"No reserves after crude oil fell"... apparently you were not following the news when the likes of Rotimi Amaechi practically blackmailed Okonjo-Iweala to share the savings in the Excess Crude account. Kontinu.

Prob...u dont understand politiks with the "k"

Shey na today dem don dey share excess crude oil money (windfall). No doubts they shared d money but also y u no go get reserves.

Afterall, obasanjo shared windfall and still had reserves...abi u don forget ni.

"when the likes of Rotimi Amaechi practically blackmailed Okonjo-Iweala to share the savings in the Excess Crude account"..........i stil blame it on GEJ because he allowed it. Is Okonjo ot experience enuf to knw dat we need reserves. Was she not part of obasanjo's administration? dint the south-south governors mount pressure on her to share the windfall? Did obasanjo wholly fall for their protest?

U need to understand that wen the head is gullible.........the whole body will deteroriate (big time)
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Afamdman(m): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
I thought Buharists said President Magician Buhari(PMB) will "block leakages" and start posting trillions monthly as revenue.
perfect example of when someone talks with their bottom, instead of their head. Please sir may I ask what is your importance in this forum. As in what do you hope to gain if Nigeria is a failed state, does it help our children's future, what is it you are going to gain, you forget a simple fact that if Nigeria does not work Na all of us e go affect. You think the rain selects who it will fall on. Guy arrange yourself man. You are better than this. Jeeeez.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by tochstorm(m): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2015
LAGOS — The dwindling resources of states and
local governments suffered a 30.6 per cent fall
from federation account allocation in April 2015
when compared with what the states got in the
same period last year.

Hmmm i thought that during the pdp era that lagos got nothing from the fedral government.
it was talking during apc campaign in lagos as it a sort of slogan.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 16, 2015
Ngasky:
Nigeria needs vigorous economic policies
vigorous ones i tell you..if not we are headed for the rock mass of recession..
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by bjdon: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2015
rawtouch:
This is not a very good excuse, the states are supposed to generate revenue also what do the governors do with all the money at their disposal I feel its time people monitor the activities and spending of the state governors because majority of them have no idea on how to run a poultry farm talk more of a state...
Very true. The states are actually supposed to be fully autonomous and should be running on their IGR. Also maybe the governors should explain what exactly they do with the monthly security vote?? Considering the fact that the police, SSS and other law enforcement are all Federal govt controlled why does any state even have a security budget?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Acidosis(m): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2015
Benue state generates an IGR of N250 million monthly (Source: SSG to Benue state).

By implication, Benue state is a Small & Medium scale Enterprise grin
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:

I'M ADDICTED TO FELATIO

I'M HOT AND BEAUTIFUL

I'M A WINNER IN BED cool
[/size]
So how will this rubbish pay workers in your state? ??

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by eliwa47(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2015
oro awon ara bi su mio! kini gbogbo atoto arere yi gan na?
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Reference(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2015
I'm not buying into this. How can 30 percent revenue shortfall equate to 100 percent salary shortfall. What is the remaining 70 percent used for.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by NewsINigeria(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Insight kor inblind niii...shoro niyen...

Osun State Workers To Get Paid Before End Of June
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:

I'M ADDICTED TO FELATIO

I'M HOT AND BEAUTIFUL

I'M A WINNER IN BED cool
[/size]
the pple from ur village are still after u.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Image123(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2015
How will the state generate revenue na, when the generator no pay salary. What will they tax?

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by godoluwa(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2015
400billionman:
But their governors can buy bullet proof cars
Osun state owes 8months yet has helicopter

2 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Meiji:

While you are right.....GEJ and by extension his two predecessors are still responsible....because they did not prepare for low oil prices...neither did they start any general programme to get Nigeria off oil.

And if APC has no idea about how to get us off oil...then they too must find their way out of Aso Villa come 2019.

Oil is a curse.
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by fortune1968: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2015
shamelly:
Are they communicating?
Please read again .Im tired too !
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Marthaodion(f): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2015
irunoobo:

Are u a virgin if NO then shut the fvck up undecided

Even if u have gone far, u can still turn back. Jesus loves you. His blood is enough to wash u clean and give u a fresh life
Re: CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2015
Acidosis:
Benue state generates an IGR of N250 million monthly (Source: SSG to Benue state).

By implication, Benue state is a Small & Medium scale Enterprise grin

I doubt that can pay salaries.

But if they want to earn more than that....they have to get tough on taxes, as well as use the resources Benue has in abundance to develop the state.

But most of your state governors are lazy lazy bones. Well...let's see if Ortom is a hard worker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Appoints Olubamiwo Adeosun, First Female Oyo SSG / Buhari Meets With Security Chiefs Over Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack (Photos) / El-Rufai Holds Dinner With Old Mates From Harvard, Others In Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.