Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism (12009 Views)

Nigeria Lost N2tn To Militancy, Pipeline Vandalism – NNPC / Vandalism: Buhari Begs Militants, Says “they Use Hi-tech weapons” / PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Sandydayz(f): 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Typing....
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Dontbeused: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
Becos u ar enjoying d gov't incompetence abi...if u want to carry weapon join Nigerian Army...der s nothing as patriotic as dat....no mo to private security...for pipelines d military shld take over...period!
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Sandydayz(f): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
Typing....
We'll get over this...
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by solonazzy: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
think we r in a bigger trouble Dan initially speculated over Dis vandalisation
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by PStacks(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
JKisOK:
Many of us live in blissful ignorance about pipeline vandals. But let us share a few facts about this nefarious and unpatriotic but booming business and NNPC's innovative programme to curb their crime.

1. Pipeline vandalism is one major reason why the refineries will not work, you pump finished products from the refineries and it leaks through compromised pipelines into the waiting vessels of pipeline vandals

2. Pipeline vandalism is a thriving business, costing the country over N150.5 billion in eight years from 2000 to 2007.

3. It revolves around a cartel that has in its fold the rank and file of the Police, the Army, the Navy and other security agencies. Also involved are unscrupulous officials of the NNPC, PPMC and DPR, and also marketers.

4. These security officers and petroleum officials are settled with over 60 percent of what is derived in this illicit business.

5. NNPC actually suggested that the government set up a parallel security force, constituted by private security organisations, but made up of patriotic Nigerians having personnel with the right untainted "no-nonsense" attitude

6. NNPC sold this fact and President Goodluck Jonathan bought into it.

7. NNPC and PPMC have come under attack and lost personnel, including engineers, while trying to repair pipelines damaged by the vandals.

8. These militants, in the last three months, have seized over 20 tankers and other equipment used by pipeline vandals.

9. Several militants have lost their lives in this patriotic duty.

10. The presence of these militants has been a nightmare for pipelines vandals in the last three months.

11. These private security agencies have made more impact in the war against the pipeline vandals in the last three months than the formal security agencies.

12. What government is paying these private guards is pittance compared to what the country stands to gain in revenue (and lose to vandals)

13. Pipeline vandalism is the reason petroleum tankers come to Lagos to ferry fuel from the Atlas Cove to upcountry consumers, and their presence in Lagos is a major cause of the traffic challenge in the city.

14. Pipeline vandalism is one major reason for the sustenance of the subsidy regime.

15. Pipeline vandalism is the reason Nigeria imports fuel and pump price of fuel is this costly.

16. Curb pipeline vandalism, and you will get the refineries working and pumping fuel to local depots, which will stop importation, and which will make fuel prices to fall.

17. NNPC is pleased about the efficiency and the result produced by the involvement of these parallel private pipeline protectors.
18. Only blind politics, those harvesting free money from the sustenance of the illegal subsidy regime and those benefiting from pipeline vandalism, will make the new government scrap this private security arrangement, which stands as a great legacy policy of the Jonathan government.

Must Nigerians get everything wrong.

Are we all bad people in nigeria?

Why should Militants protect pipeline!

Do militants protect pipeline in other part of the world?

An irresponsible and unscrupulous Jonathan administration would always try to justify reasons for its downfall.

If GEJ is not justifying? He is blaming his opponents for his downfall..

No to any form of militancy, no matter the amount of good they want to render,

They would grow into a big monster and want to over power the state.

Boko haram started out as a toy-project, Today Boka Haram has assumed a gigantic and monstrous dimension only the good lawd himself can save us from the Boko Haram scourge!

No excuse is tenable enough to recruit militias..

The same Militias America used in fighting Ghadaffi of libya were the same militia that blew up the American Embassy in Libya.

Don't you people get it, armed struggle is never the way..

No justification for evil, evil is evil.

8 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by bundur(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Watching in 3D from Burundi
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by hedgesfun(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
it's so obvious the op of this topic is one of the people that milk this country dry in one way or the other, why should we have a force that isn't patriotic, and engagged in illicit activities, yet we have a gcaf that allow them remain in service while they encourage giving their jobs to touts and criminals, there is never a justification to give out d job of d armed forces to militants or militias under any circumstances.
So the cancellation of d contract is d best, we should build a loyal, sincere and patriotic armed forces. SIMPLE.

3 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
Listen to this track by me.& help me promote it.Thanks

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/903212c7
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . .clearly written by one of the selfish militants . . . . . . . . . . . .minions of the otuoke order

5 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by daroz(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
The OP is an OPC member or their spoke man.

3 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by AAinEqGuinea: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Greed from all sides it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuqLfH1SW98
refineries' pipelines having little to no regard for local town townships or villages
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by juman(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Pipeline vandalism is a small problem.

If the president is an upright man and sincerely leading the country the security officers will know that they must do their job as required of them face the wrath of the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Archilouis(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for your facts....this administration has chosen to do the right thing, not the better of two evils....We will strengthen our institutions to meet today and future demands
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by 989900: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
It is a systemic problem, that needs a systemic solution.

If and when our leaders lead by good examples, the people have no other choice than to 'fall in line'.

2 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by juman(m): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
One thing is most important in this destroyed country, the president need to win the trust of nigerian people.

Nigerian people need to see the president as someone leading the country to success. This would instill "believe in nigeria thing" in the minds of nigerians. Because presently nobody believe in this destroyed country.

1 Like

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by frankyychiji(f): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
In other news, this article was sponsored by militants benefitting from oil pipeline vigilante contracts. Issokay.........that's none of my business.

My business is.........OP, please how can I apply to join either of the pipeline vandals or the militants protecting the pipelines? Where do I send my CV to? Please help! embarassed cry
Wait for your 5k.
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
frankyychiji:
Wait for your 5k.
undecided
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by jmaine: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
RickRichards:
Aerial surveillance should do the trick. The FG needs to get the Air Force involved.

The Airforce is already involved . . .The 81 Air maritime group in Benin usually conducts daily surveillance
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by rottennaija(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
JKisOK:
Many of us live in blissful ignorance about pipeline vandals. But let us share a few facts about this nefarious and unpatriotic but booming business and NNPC's innovative programme to curb their crime.

1. Pipeline vandalism is one major reason why the refineries will not work, you pump finished products from the refineries and it leaks through compromised pipelines into the waiting vessels of pipeline vandals

2. Pipeline vandalism is a thriving business, costing the country over N150.5 billion in eight years from 2000 to 2007.

3. It revolves around a cartel that has in its fold the rank and file of the Police, the Army, the Navy and other security agencies. Also involved are unscrupulous officials of the NNPC, PPMC and DPR, and also marketers.

4. These security officers and petroleum officials are settled with over 60 percent of what is derived in this illicit business.

5. NNPC actually suggested that the government set up a parallel security force, constituted by private security organisations, but made up of patriotic Nigerians having personnel with the right untainted "no-nonsense" attitude

6. NNPC sold this fact and President Goodluck Jonathan bought into it.

7. NNPC and PPMC have come under attack and lost personnel, including engineers, while trying to repair pipelines damaged by the vandals.

8. These militants, in the last three months, have seized over 20 tankers and other equipment used by pipeline vandals.

9. Several militants have lost their lives in this patriotic duty.

10. The presence of these militants has been a nightmare for pipelines vandals in the last three months.

11. These private security agencies have made more impact in the war against the pipeline vandals in the last three months than the formal security agencies.

12. What government is paying these private guards is pittance compared to what the country stands to gain in revenue (and lose to vandals)

13. Pipeline vandalism is the reason petroleum tankers come to Lagos to ferry fuel from the Atlas Cove to upcountry consumers, and their presence in Lagos is a major cause of the traffic challenge in the city.

14. Pipeline vandalism is one major reason for the sustenance of the subsidy regime.

15. Pipeline vandalism is the reason Nigeria imports fuel and pump price of fuel is this costly.

16. Curb pipeline vandalism, and you will get the refineries working and pumping fuel to local depots, which will stop importation, and which will make fuel prices to fall.

17. NNPC is pleased about the efficiency and the result produced by the involvement of these parallel private pipeline protectors.
18. Only blind politics, those harvesting free money from the sustenance of the illegal subsidy regime and those benefiting from pipeline vandalism, will make the new government scrap this private security arrangement, which stands as a great legacy policy of the Jonathan government.

@OP, are you part of the parallel security forced paid by nnpc?
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by wearerelated: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice write up!

But your sympathy falls heavily for the re-constitution of the militants contract

I have nothing against that.

But seriously, we need to dig deep to how to solve these problems.

we are several steps behind in resolving our issues - it's our country, can't we just be free to live as pple who love progress?!

2 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by dustmalik: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
hedgesfun:
it's so obvious the op of this topic is one of the people that milk this country dry in one way or the other, why should we have a force that isn't patriotic, and engagged in illicit activities, yet we have a gcaf that allow them remain in service while they encourage giving their jobs to touts and criminals, there is never a justification to give out d job of d armed forces to militants or militias under any circumstances.
So the cancellation of d contract is d best, we should build a loyal, sincere and patriotic armed forces. SIMPLE.
lawyer:
Nonsense. This is a sponsored post by an OPC or Niger Delta Militant sympathizer who has benefited immensely from the Billions of Naira given to them by the GEJ administration. Your contract has been revoked and you can do nothing about it. The Nigerian Armed forces will now have to play its role in securing these pipelines properly. Lest you forget OP, the Military is now going to be heavily funded to deal with issues like this and with Buhari's interest in the Petroleum sector its no longer going to be business as usual for individuals who think they can milk the country dry due to their selfish interest.
P:S I am from the Niger Delta and not an APC Supporter but in the best interest of Nigeria, we have to move forward and i support this move by the President to cancel the contracts and secure it well with the armed forces.
Rumpelstiltskin:
In other news, this article was sponsored by militants benefitting from oil pipeline vigilante contracts. Issokay.........that's none of my business.

My business is.........OP, please how can I apply to join either of the pipeline vandals or the militants protecting the pipelines? Where do I send my CV to? Please help! embarassed cry
The OP thinks we are s.tupid. Any sensible person can see through your antics.

2 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Bigdreams(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is serious.

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by chynergy1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
they don't understand. they will very soon.
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Reference(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tompolo and Co. on a PR offensive. Hard sell if you may ask me but I don't care. As long as government remains in the oil business through the criminal organisation called NNPC they can never stop pipeline vandalism and the refineries will never work sustainably. There is absolutely no way those making millions daily will simply walk away at the charge of some government official. Forget it.

1 Like

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by cirmuell(m): 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
RickRichards:
Aerial surveillance should do the trick. The FG needs to get the Air Force involved.
Abi o, what's even stopping them from using UAV's.
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by habayommy: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Op, Based on number 4 point raised, a soldier once told me that those vandals do offer them bribe of close to 2-3million naira.
He even told me that those behind this act are very rich and powerful.

1 Like

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by greggles: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
RickRichards:

Yes, but instead they want to make us believe that these people are ghosts and undetectable. They have installed technologies which make broken pipelines detectable so how difficult is it to set traps and catch those officials promoting these illegal acts?

2 Likes

Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Standing5(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
What the biased piece failed to address was the technological approach advanced nations are using to curb vandalism. I know there is a SCADA solution. It incorporates communication technology into the monitoring of vital signal that can reveal the working condition of things like power transmission systems and pipelines. The authorities shld be pursuing such and not telling us indirectly of how it difficult it is protecting the pipelines
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Baba has promised us 'change' grin

Which is more than the Otuoke deity could do in almost six years.
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by mauriceju2(m): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
any body who believed that Police and Nigeria Army can protect the pip line has to dust his or her brain and think again, it is a very big business and bribe goes in millions and you believe your lie that Nigerian force will reject the bribe and risk their life for government minimum wage, the change has started
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Orikinla(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Baba has promised us 'change' grin
. Oil tankers and other vessels used for oil theft are not invisible and it takes hours and even days to escape with stolen crude. The Nigerian Armed Forces are enough to stop the oil thieves and can do so without the engagement of private security agencies if the government is not corrupt. Nigeria lost more billions of naira to oil thieves under former President Goodluck Jonathan than all the previous military and civilian administrations, because his government was corrupt. Any serious government can stop the stealing of crude oil from Nigeria. There is no need to write a thesis on these facts. President Muhammadu Buhari can put an end to crude oil theft within 30 days if he is truly incorruptible. The Nigerian Navy is enough to protect our shores from sea pirates and oil thieves in the Gulf of Guinea. All the Nigerian government needs to do is to have a military pact with America and have a joint military base in the Gulf of Guinea. Case closed.
Re: Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism by Ephemmm: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:

Send your CV to any area in Sambisa Forest, Borno State. Kindly note that the applicant must be physically present without being accompanied by 12:00 midnight.

Best of luck bombs.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Anambra For Tradermoni Enumeration And Disbursement / Purported Attempt By Boko Haram Members To Bomb Unn And Another School Foiled / APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.