Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria (5766 Views)

Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? / We South-southerners Are Not In For Any F**cking BIAFRA / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by CCsurplus007(m): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
DankemzI:

When they want to build refinery they pipe our gas from Down south to Kaduna, they should better site it at Kaduna or Lagos as usual

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
anulaxad:
People are so ignorant.

Indeed, I am against nuclear power, but do remember it's produced by nuclear fission and the radioactive waste is disposed of extremely carefully.

Do not mistake Buhari for Jonathan.

We Nigerians and west Africa in General should be the ones controlling the nuclear power usage as Niger is the fourth biggest producers of uranium and we shouldn't shut out the idea of nuclear power because certain people are too ignorant(induces fear) to understand the benefits of it.

The benefits of nuclear power is more than its negatives; that cannot be said about fossil fuel power plants. For example Nuclear power can last for 1000 of years as they contain alot of energy per kg.

When Aric air start to maintain their planes then we are ready for it but for now no sir ma thank you. It takes 100 years to close a nuclear power down its no joke you
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
I do not think Nigeria is ready for this.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Ritchiee: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, he will be happy that Igbos are dead only to come out tmao and regret wishing us dead.. cheesy

That's how it will always be. You can't cohabit for years without major issues and then all of a sudden you bring out issues where there's none just to fuel hatred and disunity. The only time you see Nigerians come together on social networks is when a Nigerian celebrity or Nigerians as a whole is attacked by other countries.
Some people are too extreme and they are a very grave danger to humanity as a whole...My policy-WE QUARREL,WE RECONCILE TO LAUGH TOGETHER AGAIN AND ALSO TO CREATE AN AVENUE TO HAVE A JOLLY GOOD QUARREL AGAIN KNOWING THAT RECONCILIATION LURKS IN THE CORNER....Each day springs a surprise. But only if we expect it,only then can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let's not be afraid to receive each day's surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
alfred5:
As far as it is not in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo.. We are comfortable.

We Igbos' have 99 problems, and Nigeria is not one of them..

Its all about, GIVE US BIAFRA. Lower Niger Republic.
[/s]A nuclear devasted Akwa Ibom,will hìt Abia,Imo,Rivers and Cross Rivers.A nuclear devasted Kogi,will hit Anambra,Delta,Edo,Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

Don't fight reality bro...won't work for you.
How many professors of nuclear technology do we have in the country?
How many independent companies do we have with practical knowledge of nuclear facilities?
Do we have a history of independent research and development...on any area of science?
Have you ever enjoyed ONE WEEK of uninterrupted light in this country?

Don't take the black pride thing too far...that will be stupid.
Evolving in terms of technology means being able to acquire, use and add to a body of scientific knowledge HERE IN NIGERIA/AFRICA.
We are not there yet.
Peace.

And how has cursing the black race helped any body develop technologically?
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
We don't want nuclear plant in Nigeria. It is better to remain in darkness for the rest of our lives.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
Obiagelli:
The story of a man who is presented with the prospect of buying a car, he said "no no, i am too poor, i can never maintain a car in my life"

Sad life I must say
[/s]You are way too ignorant on the subject matter,to liken it to this fo,olishness of yours.
Here:Japan fukushima nuclear devastation,(a country much more advanced in protective technology and maintenance than your Nigeria)
http//:www.greenpeace.org>Home>What-we-do>Nuclear>Safety>Accidents

1 Like

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
Idrismusty97:
Yes to nuclear power plant!
[/s]It must be built with your state.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by PabloAfricanus(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
fr3do:

And how has cursing the black race helped any body develop technologically?

Curse? What curse?
So if someone points out to you that driving out a sports car to the express with your 2 days driving experience is a suicide mission...that's a curse?
I guess running away from reality is something Africans excel at.
Ok, I take it back. Nuclear powered plants is good for Nigeria. Infact what's your LGA? I'd like to give you plenty reasons why the nuclear plant should be cited there.
You'll have enough points after I'm done to justify citing a nuclear power plant in your town.
Let's have it...
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
anulaxad:
People are so ignorant.

Indeed, I am against nuclear power, but do remember it's produced by nuclear fission and the radioactive waste is disposed of extremely carefully.

Do not mistake Buhari for Jonathan.

We Nigerians and west Africa in General should be the ones controlling the nuclear power usage as Niger is the fourth biggest producers of uranium and we shouldn't shut out the idea of nuclear power because certain people are too ignorant(induces fear) to understand the benefits of it.

The benefits of nuclear power is more than its negatives; that cannot be said about fossil fuel power plants. For example Nuclear power can last for 1000 of years as they contain alot of energy per kg.

[/s]
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
superstar1:
What happened to we do not have FG presence on our soil?

Now, FG is bringing her presence and you are still crying foul.

Na wa o.
[/s]We want resource control/true federalism or outright dessolution,and not this useless underground plot to nuke us.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why cant the nuclear power point be in Lagos and abuja.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
StOla:
The power stations should be sited in South South and South East, so that they would no longer cry about being marginalised.

Infact, a certain NDPVF or so has been crying too much lately on this forum. Now he must be happy for Akwa Ibom.
[/s]Thunder fi,re you azz-hole.Let it be built in your village.All i ask for Resource control/true federalism or outright desolution.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by francizy(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ritchiee:
Some people are too extreme and they are a very grave danger to humanity as a whole...My policy-WE QUARREL,WE RECONCILE TO LAUGH TOGETHER AGAIN AND ALSO TO CREATE AN AVENUE TO HAVE A JOLLY GOOD QUARREL AGAIN KNOWING THAT RECONCILIATION LURKS IN THE CORNER....Each day springs a surprise. But only if we expect it,only then can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let's not be afraid to receive each day's surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity....

I only pray that they leave bigotry and channel hatreds to good and productive use. Imagine how great Nigeria would have been if bigoted fellows dump bigotry, hold politicians accountable and embrace modern day technologies..
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

Curse? What curse?
So if someone points out to you that driving out a sports car to the express with your 2 days driving experience is a suicide mission...that's a curse?
I guess running away from reality is something Africans excel at.
Ok, I take it back. Nuclear powered plants is good for Nigeria. Infact what's your LGA? I'd like to give you plenty reasons why the nuclear plant should be cited there.
You'll have enough points after I'm done to justify citing a nuclear power plant in your town.
Let's have it...

Like you, I don't think the idea is a good one.

You could have simply said we don't have trained manpower and bureaucracy for nuclear power, not by displaying your inferiority complex.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by PabloAfricanus(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
fr3do:

Like you, I don't think the idea is a good one.

You could have simply said we don't have trained manpower and bureaucracy for nuclear power, not by displaying your inferiority complex.

@bolded don't think so.
You are the one who felt inferior by my pointing out that the black man is not evolved technologically to handle nuclear power plants.
You had to defend your perceived non-inferior status by calling me a "mental slave".
You see, wishes wont change reality. Neither will bravado or positive declarations change reality.
It is action taken by men, who think with their minds and work with their hands.

Have black africans demonstrated capability to handle advanced technology...any where in Africa?
Dont tell me about blacks in America and Europe.
Ever wondered why our governors fly out to doctors in Germany and India?
Ever wondered who built and dismantled the nuclear weapons in South Africa?
In this year 2015, Nigeria is one of the biggest markets for kerosene lamps and torch lights!
Is that cool?
Acknowledging that a classmate beat you to the first position is not inferiority complex.
The world has left Africa behind...you know it, I know it...lets not sugar coat it!

The bright side is we have the same brains the rest of the developed world have, and can achieve
the same level of development in technology and science...if we put our minds to it.
Sadly at the present moment, we are preoccupied with wardrobe allowance, fuel subsidy, Premier league and
other trivial pursuits.
Maybe we'll get angry and do something about our backward societies...someday.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Deltagiant: 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
alfred5:
As far as it is not in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo.. We are comfortable.

We Igbos' have 99 problems, and Nigeria is not one of them..

Its all about, GIVE US BIAFRA. Lower Niger Republic.

No one deserves to have a nuclear facility around his region, Igboland or not!

Don't you know that Itu in Akwaibom is close home...Probably less than 15 km to Arochukwu?
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by ChimaAdeoye: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
I don't care if there is a nuclear power station in Nigeria. Buhari should site it in katsina state. Daura to be specific. He will see that just the cost of maintaining the facility negates the so called cheap electricity it provides. They should remove Itu, Akwa Ibom from their list and substitute with Maiduguri. Akwa Ibom has a lot of gas for electricity generation, not importing nuclear fuels.

Let Buhari keep nuclear power-stations in the far north where nobody lives. I don't any radioactive dust or nuclear meltdown that will prevent me from ever seeing my region again.

if it is a question of building world class international airports, deep seaports, world class universities, every site chosen would have been far north and southwest. Akwa ibom would have been abandoned to use their own money to build their own airports and deep seaport. But, since this can possibly result in a disaster from a usual lack of maintenance culture, which will force people to evacuate the nuclear disaster zone for 100 years or more, you'd be sure they won't site it in the far north or southwest.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 8:37am On Jun 19, 2015
KinkyAngela:
The Shiroro and Kainji Dams are here alredy, they are Hydroelectric installations. We need the FG to build you a Nuclear plant in Heeboland also.

Ibo land get enough oel, them no need nuclear Uranium grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2015
Deltagiant:

No one deserves to have a nuclear facility around his region, Igboland or not!
Don't you know that Itu in Akwaibom is close home...Probably less than 15 km to Arochukwu?
Radioactive wind from nuclear accident destroys quicker than war. With war you can enter your car and escape before the fighting reaches your town. With the cancer carrying nuclear wind, can your car move faster than it?
All it takes is just a touch of the poison in the wind...That is why we must Say NO to this nuclear proposal.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2015
Say No to the sighting of nuclear evil in your village, LGA, state, or region, because all it takes is a drunk or negligent nuclear power worker to set off a cataclysm that will affect the destiny of generations. Say No before they set it up. God forbid bad thing!!!

Please share this on your Face Book, Twitter, etc. Many Nigerians are being kept ignorant of the life-changing dangers they may face if this evil comes to reality.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by obontami: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
KinkyAngela:

hey i dont have to open an account with my name okay??

I made a mistake by refering to u as irunooboo

just take down that account lets be friends okay?? I did not mean all those things a typed abt im just playing with u

im sorry for all that
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2015
victorels:

We are better than this.

Instead of showing our fears for the Born to rule sect, why not champion the training of Igbo Engineers and Nuclear Scientist if there is anything like that, so that they can qualify to manage the plant when it is installed or built.

The only way Igbos can be relevant in Nigeria again is for them to champion advanced technology in Nigeria. They can only do so by Identifying skills for advanced and future technology and begin to train manpower to take charge of those technologies when they finally arrive.

Being prepared doesn't mean we should Identify the ills of our colleagues and cry about them for pity and help from foreigners but rather, out smarting them in any mischievous scheme if at all any exist.

Stop crying and hating and start planning.
We should own the brain and start reasoning.

And you think the born-to-rule will not staff the power stations will their ill-trained people?
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On May 29, 2016
My People, now is the time to Say No once more to nuclear power in Nigeria. When they tried it sometime ago, we successfully resisted it and they rested the matter for some time. Now they want to restart the dangerous game of nuclear in Nigeria. Nuclear power must never be established in Nigeria. If they want to help us, we have enough coal in various states that will help us.

Please tell the Russians and the Federal Government that you don't want a nuclear plant established in your home town, no matter how much jobs (poison) it may establish. Nuclear power is one thing that can wipe out people's ancestral lands and render them impassable for generations.
#SayNoToNuclearPower

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Adams Oshiomole Reveal To Nigerian Who Is The President / Timothy Yahaya To Buhari: You’ve Lost Grip On Good Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.