Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Urgent Pls.. I Just Witnessed Something Confussing.. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Urgent Pls.. I Just Witnessed Something Confussing.. (649 Views)

The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah / Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This / I Just Need Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Pls.. I Just Witnessed Something Confussing.. by orubebe1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Salam aleikum... Let me jst go straight to the point..

There are 2 mosques in my area where I can pray..
mosque1, has fixed time for ishai(7.45pm), this has neva changed nd current time for ishai is about 8.13pm. Immediately after praying ishai, dey proceed to Tarawih which they finish even bfor 8.13pm(which is currently time for ishai). If I want to pray my Ishai in congregation, I have to join them @ 7.45pm. I was advised to pray mine separately because its bad to pray solat when its not yet time for it.. Now, both Ishai and Tarawih, I missed them because of the time d mosque prays... What advice can you also give me

Mosque2.. I tried this mosque today, there own time is 8pm for ishai, I joined them, nd to my surprise, when we got to Tarawih, they prayed 10rakas, nd 3rakats for Witri.. This made it 13rakas for all... This is contrary to 8rakas for Tarawih and 3 for Witri I kno of.

Note; the witri was observed in congregation too.

Pls what's your take on this, am confused as of whether pray mine separately or join them so that I can benefit congregation prayer

May Allah guide us all
Re: Urgent Pls.. I Just Witnessed Something Confussing.. by dejt4u(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
On the no 2.. There is nothing wrong wit 10rakat tarawih.. Infact; it is the common one in the s/western part of this country..
Both 8 and 10 are standard rakahs for tarawih..

On number1.. The alfas are coming to answer that
Re: Urgent Pls.. I Just Witnessed Something Confussing.. by Biodun37: 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
wa-alaekun salam..., I will rather advise you stick with the second alternative as that is appropriate in my view (both the timing & number of rakat for tarahwi , autentic hadits proved both no's right, 10 rakat is common withing my locality (southwest), congregation is not mandatory for both safhi&withr as they are just nafilat & if you pray deep into d midnight @ home after tarawih then you must delay your with ( lone rakat) till you are through with others.
MA-AS-SALAM.
Re: Urgent Pls.. I Just Witnessed Something Confussing.. by amodu(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Biodun37:
wa-alaekun salam..., I will rather advise you stick with the second alternative as that is appropriate in my view (both the timing & number of rakat for tarahwi , autentic hadits proved both no's right, 10 rakat is common withing my locality (southwest), congregation is not mandatory for both safhi&withr as they are just nafilat & if you pray deep into d midnight @ home after tarawih then you must delay your with ( lone rakat) till you are through with others.
MA-AS-SALAM.

Justice have been done to your question by the two personalities above.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Some Muslim Believe In Fasting To Five Times Daily Prayers? / His Majesty, Sultan Qaboos Of Oman, Is DEAD Without An Heir / Nikah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.