Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. (13042 Views)

On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by cococandy(f): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Nope
Acknowledging that she is going through a personal issue and understanding or privacy at this time is not analysis or explanation

ok
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
How do you know the house belongs to the guy?
Do you know who pays rent?
coogar:

i cannot believe she hasn't packed out of the dude's house yet. with the way she's advised millions of naija wives to run at the first sign of trouble, i expect toke to be in her father's house by now.

which simply tells you that the noise women make about catching their hubby with infidelity is just what it is - noise. they would advise other women to flee from the hubby but when it happens to them, they stay in the marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by pickabeau1: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
sounds funny

Anyway she may be milking the popularity of the whole saga as is being suggested just like the kim kardashian 73 day marriage

pity = more followers = more social media presence = more money

coogar:

i cannot believe she hasn't packed out of the dude's house yet. with the way she's advised millions of naija wives to run at the first sign of trouble, i expect toke to be in her father's house by now.

which simply tells you that the noise women make about catching their hubby with infidelity is just what it is - noise. they would advise other women to flee from the hubby but when it happens to them, they stay in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
cococandy:
As if Toke hasn't been living there before she married the ugly thing. grin

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
cococandy:

which rent?
maje owns the house - his parents got them the house. toke cannot rub 2 nickels together to afford rent. what are you talking about? before their wedding, maje was staying in banana island - isn't that the reason toke wanted to die there?

pickabeau1:
sounds funny
Anyway she may be milking the popularity of the whole saga as is being suggested just like the kim kardashian 73 day marriage
pity = more followers = more social media presence = more money

she's on a long thing!
a lot of folks are happy about what happened to her. she's stepped on many toes along the way - no one is even directing any glance at the anita chic that got pregnant for maje - that is because people don't like toke. let's assume it was genevieve or omotola's marriage that suffered the same problem....the so called anita would be hiding in a bunker now cos nigerians would burn her alive for daring to break the home of their role models.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by cococandy(f): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

which rent?
maje owns the house - his parents got them the house. toke cannot rub 2 nickels together to afford rent. what are you talking about? before their wedding, maje was staying in banana island - isn't that the reason toke wanted to die there?

she's on a long thing!
a lot of folks are happy about what happened to her. she's stepped on many toes along the way - no one is even directing any glance at the anita chic that got pregnant for maje - that is because people don't like toke. let's assume it was genevieve or omotola's marriage that suffered the same problem....the so called anita would be hiding in a bunker now cos nigerians would burn her alive for daring to break the home of their role models.
Lol so you follow for those who know them? grin

Well you're right about the bolded.

Still I understand clearly how these things work.
How many people know Genevieve and omotola in a personal level? Yet they are role models because of media.

Same way people who don't know toke can swear now that she's bad because of those who are just repeating what they heard about her even if they don't know if it is true or not.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by pickabeau1: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

which rent?

she's on a long thing!

Hmmm...you have a point

Anita was abused too however just not as much if it was omotola
But d guy is accusing bloggers of fabrication to spoil his home

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
cococandy:

Lol so you follow for those who know them? grin

Well you're right about the bolded.
Still I understand clearly how these things work.
How many people know Genevieve and omotola in a personal level? Yet they are role models because of media.

Same way people who don't know toke can swear now that she's bad because of those who are just repeating what they heard about her even if they don't know if it is true or not.

toke has a big mouth....
she verbally lashed linda ikeji many moons ago that linda isn't a role model cos she makes money through gossips..... her youtube channel is worse than the worst bloodbath on NL, she logs in with a different username & attacks anyone that dares criticise her muppet-face.

on a good day, nigerians would be sympathetic towards her plight by cursing the devil out of the home breaker. i am yet to see anyone curse anita - which is quite odd. majority of the people offering their sympathy to toke are just mocking her - it's not genuine!

pickabeau1:

Hmmm...you have a point
Anita was abused too however just not as much if it was omotola
But d guy is accusing bloggers of fabrication to spoil his home

i am yet to see the abuse.....
she has been completely forgotten in the crisis or people are generally happy about what she did. someone had to shut toke up with her dating manual nonsense on youtube.

relationships need no dating manual - what works in your household may not work in mine. every relationship is different & unique! it's a disgrace that her marriage crashed while he claims to be a relationship expert! where were those tips she likes to dish out like she knows it all? grin

3 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by freecocoa(f): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmm.

I sha hope she won't go back to him after all these.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Hmmm.

I sha hope she won't go back to him after all these.

she hasn't even left.....
you are hoping she won't go back? she has to leave first before you can start hoping. grin

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
lol, i'm just laughing mawkishly at people who are saying Toke was/is a runz girl, hence deserves what she got.
Anyway, I don't know her life offline and won't be a judge.
Just as Toke might have a dirty past, no one can vouch that Maje Ayida himself hasn't cheated with someone else girlfriend/wife.
Make una think use ya head and think wisely kwa. undecided
Always blaming and attacking women but will cry foul when it's reversed. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:
lol, i'm just laughing mawkishly at people who are saying Toke was/is a runz girl, hence deserves what she got.
Just as Toke might have a dirty past, no one can vouch that Maje Ayida himself hasn't cheated with someone else girlfriend/wife.

men are applauded for their dirty past. the longer his list of bed mates, the more valued he is. women are mocked for their dirty past. the longer her list of bed mates, the sluttier she is.

stop comparing apples to oranges.... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by chigoizie7(m): 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Oooooopz,

*a retired runz gal,

*karma @ work

*married for 12yrz.

*no child, (I am not God that gives children) but.

*married to a 45 year old nigga(he Is not getting any younger).

* NAWA oooh, what's all these fuzz about ? Abeg make una leave dat young man alone.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by thorpido(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:
I think people are just beefing her because she has a big mouth.I don't know her offline to say if she was a runs girl or not.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

men are applauded for their dirty past. the longer his list of bed mates, the more valued he is. women are mocked for their dirty past. the longer her list of bed mates, the sluttier she is.

hmm. Will you still opine there's no gender inequality?.
btw, i'm sure Toke never forced those men to sleep with her if she was a runs girl.
I don't believe in karma, btw.

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
thorpido:
I think people are just beefing her because she has a big mouth.I don't know her offline to say if she was a runs girl or not.
I noticed same thing even when she wasn't married.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:

hmm. Will you still opine there's no gender inequality?.

men decided not to shame a fellow man that loves sleeping around. women decided to shame a fellow woman that loves sleeping around. this is no inequality......women can stop slütshaming if they want to.

btw, i'm sure Toke never forced those men to sleep with her if she was a runs girl.
I don't believe in karma, btw.

of course, she never forced them - which is why it's even worse. getting paid for sex is called pröstitution anywhere on the planet. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

men decided not to shame a fellow man that loves sleeping around. women decided to shame a fellow woman that loves sleeping around. this is no inequality......women can stop slütshaming if they want to.
This is not true.
Men and women shame female sluts because our culture made it so.

of course, she never forced them - which is why it's even worse. getting paid for sex is called pröstitution anywhere on the planet. cheesy
Hmm lipsrsealed
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:

This is not true.
Men and women shame female sluts because our culture made it so.

women do slut-shäming more than men. matter of fact, men just recant what women say about slüts. we don't have any problem with a woman that wants to "get down".....

Hmm lipsrsealed

vickybee is speechless? cheesy
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

she hasn't even left.....
you are hoping she won't go back? she has to leave first before you can start hoping. grin
She's getting ready to leave na, why else would she take down pictures and whatnot?
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by SisterCaro(m): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Onegai:

Nowadays, if you release a sex tape and instead of showing shame at it, invite people to come take a closer look at your life, they will reward you with their money. Fashion isn't the problem (or I'd be out of a job smiley ) it's whom we are following that is the problem. I frankly don't care if you are an engineer or a model, as long as you sell my client's merchandise. We have gone from seeing people how they are to seeing people how they present themselves falsely and buying into that false view.

It's the same issue I have with Fashola (who was very corrupt but had the best social media team), the guys behind #OccupyNigeria and so many others: people stopped seeing them for what they were and started buying into whatever concept was created for them. At the end of the day, Fashola is one of the best-performing Governors (yet your state-run Healthcare is a death trap, go to any GH and every parastatal in the state was embezzling funds), #OccupyNigeria fought for us (yet nothing has improved, I believe all of you spent quite a lot of money looking for fuel recently and the guys behind it suddenly "accessed funds" from nowhere to enjoy their lives better).

I can come here, create a powerful persona on NL's family section and monetise it. It will be built on a lie but I will not care, as long as my bank account looks healthy. You, on the other hand, will believe everything I say, others will hate me but I will get your attention and shape your thought process. The most important thing to me will be my bank balance, not your issues.

And that's why this brouhaha is funny.

Please tell me you go to work everyday so that you wont get paid at the end of the month, since its all about the money to everyone else.

You cannot possibly compare politics to this. What were you expecting she would give you the whole gist of what happened from day one? Is she supposed to cry and roll all over the ground just to please all of you?

Let me ask you if everything you learnt in school that you applied that has worked in real life? She simply gave her own advice and opinion on relationships, family and friends. Doesnt mean if everyone follows it they will get the same results? For some it will yeild results and for others it wont. Simply because it has not worked for someone else does not make it false.

Unless you want to tell us that she shouldn't be human again. She shouldnt be capable of making mistakes and making wrong choices just like everyone else?
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
freecocoa:
She's getting ready to leave na, why else would she take down pictures and whatnot?

hehehe.....
that's just to please her fans.....wives that get cheated on pack a luggage for 2 weeks and disappear to down their sorrows. grin what's she waiting for? how long does it take to move out of the house to clear her head?
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

women do slut-shäming more than men. matter of fact, men just recant what women say about slüts. we don't have any problem with a woman that wants to "get down".....

vickybee is speechless? cheesy
Maybe.
Anyway, i can't really say because I don't listen to guys gossips but from to what i've seen in movies, guys slut-shame girls they even sleep with to their fellow guys or after a breakup.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by freecocoa(f): 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

hehehe.....
that's just to please her fans.....wives that get cheated on pack a luggage for 2 weeks and disappear to down their sorrows. grin what's she waiting for? how long does it take to move out of the house to clear her head?
Lol, well, it would be a shame should she go back after all done.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Maybe.
Anyway, i can't really say because I don't listen to guys gossips but from to what i've seen in movies, guys slut-shame girls they even sleep with to their fellow guys or after a breakup.

stop watching nollywood! grin

freecocoa:
Lol, well, it would be a shame should she go back after all done.

she would soon get pregnant for maje grin
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by pickabeau1: 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
You have a point

Anita has been forgotten

coogar:

i am yet to see the abuse.....
she has been completely forgotten in the crisis or people are generally happy about what she did. someone had to shut toke up with her dating manual nonsense on youtube.

relationships need no dating manual - what works in your household may not work in mine. every relationship is different & unique! it's a disgrace that her marriage crashed while he claims to be a relationship expert! where were those tips she likes to dish out like she knows it all? grin
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Moana(f): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:

She might know her o.
Runs girls know theirselves.
grin in that case

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by freecocoa(f): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

Na them sabi sha, whatever rocks their boat.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by lilmax(m): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

grin grin
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by coogar: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Na them sabi sha, whatever rocks their boat.

lol
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

stop watching nollywood! grin

Hollywood isn't exempted. grin Bollywood promote more of gender equality because women pay bride price. grin
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Onegai(f): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
SisterCaro:

Please tell me you go to work everyday so that you wont get paid at the end of the month, since its all about the money to everyone else.

You cannot possibly compare politics to this. What were you expecting she would give you the whole gist of what happened from day one? Is she supposed to cry and roll all over the ground just to please all of you?

Let me ask you if everything you learnt in school that you applied that has worked in real life? She simply gave her own advice and opinion on relationships, family and friends. Doesnt mean if everyone follows it they will get the same results? For some it will yeild results and for others it wont. Simply because it has not worked for someone else does not make it false.

Unless you want to tell us that she shouldn't be human again. She shouldnt be capable of making mistakes and making wrong choices just like everyone else?

Sweet Lord. Sigh.

Allow me to be clear: I DON'T CARE WHAT WHETHER OR NOT HER HUSBAND WAS CHEATING ON HER WITH ONE EX, 10 MONKEYS, ONE OKADA GUY WHO ALSO HAPPENS TO BE A MAGICIAN AND HER GRANDMOTHER. Why?

Because it is none of my business.

I don't want to hear the whole gist (if I did, I would pick up my phone and hear from people who see her daily constantly). Why?

Because it's not my business

I don't care what advise she gives out on her vlogs as to what anyone should do with their lives. I feel you should get that advise from someone that you, well, ACTUALLY KNOW IN REAL LIFE (this is due to the fact that I know I cannot vouch for random people except those whom I know for at least 10 years). So whether or not her advise tallies with mine does not personally affect or drive me mad or make me happy. Why?

Because it is not my business.

And her marriage or her past shouldn't be anyone's business. However, the lady in question has intelligently realised that since everyone wants to make her life THEIR BUSINESS, she might as well get paid for it. If it includes once in a while stirring the pot or lighting a flame on the mountain so everyone drops what they're doing to watch her, she will do it.

Whilst all of you are taking this very much to heart, she has (let me go and check quickly!), she has 142,000 followers on Instagram and more people watching her vlog and talking about her. If I have some product to sell, and I am serious about making money, bring me a hardworking Schoolteacher with a great shape or an Engineer with a pretty face or Toke with 142,000 people looking at her pictures daily (and more fighting over her and debating whether or not rumours are true). I know who will get my Advertising money.

And the only way to keep growing that audience is to do what precisely? Think...think hard...

She has pulled this stunt before successfully.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! / How Do I Handle My Problematic Father? / Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.