Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. (13301 Views)

On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Hollywood isn't exempted. grin
Bollywood promote more of gender equality because women pay bride price. grin

Are you serious? Bollywood?

Those bollywood movies irk me because of the way women are treated.
The women view and treat their husbands like they are some kind of Gods over them, while they themselves are seen as mere slaves.
Females have no say at all. They are married away to anyone their fathers wants, not minding if they want to or not.

I was just finished watching a movie on Zee World and one of the female characters was talking to a nurse and this was the phrase she used --- "wait till my master gets here". And she was referring to her husband. Can you imagine?

If you see the way those people treat their women you will weep.
They just see women as mere possessions that they sell to a family.
You are talking about bride price....that has nothing to do with the girl in question, it's just between the fathers. Even the mothers don't have a say.

If anyone needs to hear the message of gender equality , it's them.

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
misssclassy:

The women view and treat their husbands like they are some kind of Gods over them, while they themselves are seen as mere slaves.
Females have no say at all. They are married away to anyone their fathers wants, not minding if they want to or not.

I was just finished watching a movie on Zee World and one of the female characters was talking to a nurse and this was the phrase she used --- "wait till my master gets here". And she was referring to her husband. Can you imagine?

You are talking about bride price....that has nothing to do with the girl in question, it's just between the fathers. Even the mothers don't have a say.

How can they pay bride price and the man will still possess them? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Why the face(s)?
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
misssclassy:

Why the face(s)?
Recheck my post.
I have seen an Indian movie where a wife slapped her husband infront of the man's parents and hers'.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Recheck my post.
I have seen an Indian movie where a wife slapped her husband infront of the man's parents and hers'.

I have "rechecked" you post.

Okay, a girl slapped her husband in front of his parent..... So what? That's just a scene.
It's not like it''s something that happens on the regular, or is it?
What the girl did is rare and such character is never tolerated as far as their culture and religion is concerned.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by bellong: 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
cococandy:

It doesn't sound untrue because I can relate to that. This is actually my first time watching any toke video. I hear about her on nairaland because that is my social site.
I didn't even realize she was this popular as everyone and their brother now knows her grin

I like Onegai's analysis. Makes sense.

If only I had her guts. Making money off people's insatiable need to know what's going on in the private lives of others would have been so cool.

#iamjealous

If is not too late... You have population and media strength to drive traffic where you are... cheesy cheesy

That being said, I am sure outside this thread, I wouldn't have anything to do with Toke and her likes. They maybe business savvy but there are things I consider as ethics in business. Taking advantage of people is no business ethic to me and no amount of possible millions can make me do it.

Not everybody has a dream of becoming like Warren Buffet. Having food and raiment, I am contented.

I don't like gossip news though. Call me ignorant or old skool, it was the word Vlog that made me open the thread. I couldn't process it meant video log till after seeing the video. grin grin My English is still developing.. cheesy
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by cococandy(f): 11:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
bellong:

If is not too late... You have population and media strength to drive traffic where you are... cheesy cheesy

That being said, I am sure outside this thread, I wouldn't have anything to do with Toke and her likes. They maybe business savvy but there are things I consider as ethics in business. Taking advantage of people is no business ethic to me and no amount of possible millions can make me do it.

Not everybody has a dream of becoming like Warren Buffet. Having food and raiment, I am contented.

I don't like gossip news though. Call me ignorant or old skool, it was the word Vlog that made me open the thread. I couldn't process it meant video log till after seeing the video. grin grin My English is still developing.. cheesy
@bold, same here
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by pickabeau1: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
I think she will

hence the im not perfect, i dont know it all lines
freecocoa:
Lol, well, it would be a shame should she go back after all done.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by freecocoa(f): 11:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
pickabeau1:
I think she will

hence the im not perfect, i dont know it all lines
You are probably right, I just wonder the need for the show, silence would have been golden.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by pickabeau1: 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
freecocoa:
You are probably right, I just wonder the need for the show, silence would have been golden.
Lol
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by lilmax(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2015
VictoriaBee:

How can they pay bride price and the man will still possess them? undecided undecided undecided undecided
And after paying the price,they stay where? Man‘s house or theirs? Who provides for the family? Men or women?

So do you think paying only the price can do the trick? cheesy
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2015
VictoriaBee:

The bride price paid doesn't signify possession, neither does it signify ownership.

Look at it this way. The parents of the girl are marrying their daughter over to another family.
The money paid is just a way of saying thank you to the family of the boy for agreeing to marry and take care of their daughter.

I hope you get?
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
Onegai:

Weeellllllll basically she's this ex-QC girl with an Oyibo accent who's now a radio presenter, who realised that people are like sheep (and will believe ANYTHING! ). After some serious packaging, she started attending the red carpet of literally any event in Lagos (giving her massive visibility) and whilst a few who know her mocked, the rest of the sheep started paying her serious massive attention.

Attention= Eyes on whatever she does = Lucrative advertising deals.

She commands more money than some popular people for any sort of advert she does, in fact you probably cannot afford to pay her for a fashion ad (her biggest draw) and her followers buy anything piece of dressing she wears religiously.

She makes quite some money off this as OAPs are not that well-paid as you believe.

She released vlogs and was dating her hubby for years and still upping her visibility. A while back, some rumours started about her breaking up this dude (in exactly the same way as this current gist) and she blogged about it and the sheep gossiped and fought themselves over it. Then she released their secret wedding pictures (to the highest bidder of course) and the sheep lapped it up and her visibility and prices increased.
Now the sheep are doing it again inspite of any sort of concrete evidence except a strange rumour that came out of nowhere and her removing her wedding pic and putting up a vlog that actually doesn't address "the infidelity". Observe even you are now paying her attention. Her visibility is growing, again. wink

In summary, she's a very savvy businesswoman who understands Basic Human Nature. Like a Kardashian.

I respect her for understanding her market and appeal.

I like her already . She is not like the typical mgbeke nigerian women that will hide in a shell after marriage then gradually fade away.

At least she has something going for her.
Btw, are you Karen igho. grin
Im Suspecting you.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Onegai(f): 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

I like her already . She is not like the typical mgbeke nigerian women that will hide in a shell after marriage then gradually fade away.

At least she has something going for her.
Btw, are you Karen igho. grin
Im Suspecting you.

Karen? of course yels tongue Toke is a smart girl. And there are several smart Naija women out there, doing good
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by bukatyne(f): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
misssclassy:

I have watched some really nice ones.
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
Onegai:

Karen? of course yels tongue Toke is a smart girl. And there are several smart Naija women out there, doing good

Good one. One shall not live by blokus alone grin
Re: Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. by mutter(f): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Rather shallow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced / I Am Sad / My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.