Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior (23394 Views)

World Sickle Cell Day / June 19th: World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day / University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by GodMode: 5:35am On Jun 20, 2015
lepasharon:
I have Sickle cell. What I want to know is why are we always slim? I also want to gain weight can anyone help with tips

Eat 4 times daily... And drink water..

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by GodMode: 5:36am On Jun 20, 2015
mta003:
Just heard the death of a family friend who died yesterday after a battle with sickle cell disease he was just 25 years. RIP SHOLA.
I also know of a church member who is a warrior, she is 60+ and still very agile.

Was he a coza member
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 7:02am On Jun 20, 2015
Dahjhi:
Before I read.. I'm joining the campaign..

Nlanders: Let's roll it..

It's the Sickle Cell Awareness Day!
Simply put, sickle cell anaemia is a hereditary genetic disease, which got its
name from the crescent-shaped red blood cells. These cells, instead of moving
freely through the blood vessels, tend to stick to the sides or walls of the blood
vessels thereby resulting in blockages. In the short term, it can cause severe
pains or infections while its long term consequences could be organ damage,
strokes and early deaths.
¤We advocate for investments in finding effective treatments that will cripple
this genetic disease as well as affordable care acts for the “Sickle Cell Warriors''.
With the right information about its management, people living with the
disorder can stay healthy and live long.

Why not join the Campaign and prevent the death of a100,000 infant every year
from the disease... and 40million Nigerians with the genetic disorder?

Take a selfie with these inscription;I am (Your name) I support a #SickleCell free
generation!

[size=18pt] #LeaveTheSympathy #SupportTheAwaereness #ASickleCellFreeNation #TheSurvivingSpirit .. #TeamWarriors[/size]
2pic: My copy

Ymodulus
Patrickdarlins
Abali1
Mizmycoli
Priscaoge
Aridsexy
Tallesty1
Naijaboiy
Emusmith
Flawles
Davep
Agarawu23
TomFrench SNAZZY5050 FLOW1759 ADEMOLADEJI AYIMA WENSON SWAGGAVILLAGE SCENTMARLC AKPOSY JARIZOD FREEMANAN AGARAWU23 LEKINZ IAMSYNORD MEDORADO SOSIQDUDE LAMISPACo KIZMARTY JAYHANS WARRIBOY21 AFUYE RAPLAWD TOLZEAL Iamkingzlee Topahz Twaci Raplawd blebleswag and all

Cc: Lalasticlala
Ishilove
I SWAGGAVILLAGE Support a #SickleCellFreeGeneration
lost a cousin early this year to this same stuff just 12 years old,my best cousin ever.
I miss you osiwe,RIP
Let's do it ... We can make it happen ..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2015
BigBen10:

errmmm sister. you are pretty.

Thankyou sir
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by RapLawd(m): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2015
Dahjhi:
Before I read.. I'm joining the campaign..

Nlanders: Let's roll it..

It's the Sickle Cell Awareness Day!
Simply put, sickle cell anaemia is a hereditary genetic disease, which got its
name from the crescent-shaped red blood cells. These cells, instead of moving
freely through the blood vessels, tend to stick to the sides or walls of the blood
vessels thereby resulting in blockages. In the short term, it can cause severe
pains or infections while its long term consequences could be organ damage,
strokes and early deaths.
¤We advocate for investments in finding effective treatments that will cripple
this genetic disease as well as affordable care acts for the “Sickle Cell Warriors''.
With the right information about its management, people living with the
disorder can stay healthy and live long.

Why not join the Campaign and prevent the death of a100,000 infant every year
from the disease... and 40million Nigerians with the genetic disorder?

Take a selfie with these inscription;I am (Your name) I support a #SickleCell free
generation!

[size=18pt] #LeaveTheSympathy #SupportTheAwaereness #ASickleCellFreeNation #TheSurvivingSpirit .. #TeamWarriors[/size]
2pic: My copy

Ymodulus
Patrickdarlins
Abali1
Mizmycoli
Priscaoge
Aridsexy
Tallesty1
Naijaboiy
Emusmith
Flawles
Davep
Agarawu23
TomFrench SNAZZY5050 FLOW1759 ADEMOLADEJI AYIMA WENSON SWAGGAVILLAGE SCENTMARLC AKPOSY JARIZOD FREEMANAN AGARAWU23 LEKINZ IAMSYNORD MEDORADO SOSIQDUDE LAMISPACo KIZMARTY JAYHANS WARRIBOY21 AFUYE RAPLAWD TOLZEAL Iamkingzlee Topahz Twaci Raplawd blebleswag and all

Cc: Lalasticlala
Ishilove

:-P whole hearted I'm in support of the movement...

#SickleCellFreeGeneration...
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Leem4: 9:49am On Jun 20, 2015
tabontabon:
Leem,if You Are so sure of your parents GENOTYPE,then go for a DNA test,it Will Clear Your Doubts. I dont mean to insult you or your parents but their is something they are hiding from you. The key to your genotype mismatch lies with your parents.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053511/it-possible-aa-genotype-give everyOne I told did story to always say that my parent is hidding something from me. An mls scientists once told us DAT , it might be a genetic mutations. And I have seen similar case on did in Nairaland.
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Leem4: 9:58am On Jun 20, 2015
lepasharon:
I have Sickle cell. What I want to know is why are we always slim? I also want to gain weight can anyone help with tips
we are nt always slim sis, Take folic acid atleast twice in a week. Sleep a lot and eat. Avoid streneus activities, and pray.
Am going obese nowadays if not for SKul stress and reducing me.

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2015
GodMode:

Was he a coza member
think so, he was my brother's friend and a senior in sec sch
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by tabontabon: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
My Dear,b4 you conclude it's genetic mutation do a DNA,If d results prove they are your parents,then it's mutation. Atimes,Seeking for truth is a difficult task
Leem4:
https://www.nairaland.com/2053511/it-possible-aa-genotype-give everyOne I told did story to always say that my parent is hidding something from me. An mls scientists once told us DAT , it might be a genetic mutations. And I have seen similar case on did in Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Mikwus(f): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
shadowripper:
treasuremabel

What medications do you take?

Cos I still cant beliv you dont use drugs even if you dont depend on them

At least hydroxyurea

I am a warrior. I don't use drugs. I had my last blood transfusion at age 8. I last had crisis about 7yrs ago. Before I completely stopped medication, I used to take jobelyn. I stopped about 3yrs ago.

I just eat healthy, stay away from stress, drink lots of water and cover up well when its cold. .

My PCV is always above 35%. I check every month and my doctor is amazed.

So if she says she isn't using any medication. Believe it.

All things are possible if we just believe.

#SickleStrongByTheBloodOfJesus

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Leem4: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
tabontabon:
My Dear,b4 you conclude it's genetic mutation do a DNA,If d results prove they are your parents,then it's mutation. Atimes,Seeking for truth is a difficult task
k tanks
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mikwus:

I am a warrior. I don't use drugs. I had my last blood transfusion at age 8. I last had crisis about 7yrs ago. Before I completely stopped medication, I used to take jobelyn. I stopped about 3yrs ago.

I just eat healthy, stay away from stress, drink lots of water and cover up well when its cold. .

My PCV is always above 35%. I check every month and my doctor is amazed.

So if she says she isn't using any medication. Believe it.

All things are possible if we just believe.

#SickleStrongByTheBloodOfJesus

Wow! I've never had blood transfusion but currently my PCV is around 28% that's why doc prescribed astymine.
What's your secret to stable PCV?
Any special diets? Please share cos I'd like to learn more
And do you take folic acids everyday or mayb bico, or multivitamins?
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by tabontabon: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dont let the current situation affect your person negatively. Coping with SS is stress on its own,coupled with having doubts about one's parenthood. If I may ask,where do you reside?
Leem4:
k tanks
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by LeSaint(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
@treasuremabel, thank you for starting this, and sticking with the discussions so far!

Bravo to all you warriors! God is your strength.

My son is 10+, and we have not experienced anything that can be described as a crisis.
Just frequent bouts of malaria, until we started him on Paludine daily at firs, now 3 - 4 times a week. Folic acid and BCo daily.
No health issue in the past one year at least.
He is quite lean tho, but I think that's because he hates any good food. It's a battle at every mealtime.
My fear is I don't know how the future will be for him - better or worse. Hope he never gets one of those crisis.
He's my second child, and we stopped after discovering his status at 2yrs.

Would appreciate any advice or perspectives.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Mikwus(f): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=treasuremabel post=34958087]

Wow! I've never had blood transfusion but currently my PCV is around 28% that's why doc prescribed astymine.
And do you take folic acids everyday or mayb bico, or multivitamins?[Comple

I don't take folic acid and B Complex all the time. I only use those whenever I'm treating malaria which is like every 4 months.

Jobelyn is a good herbal supplement. Its a wonder drug made by 'health forever' try it for just 1 week and check your PCV, you will be amazed. Though I've not used it in about 3yrs but I used it for so many years and I never had issues. In fact we used it (my siblings and I, 2 older siblings of mine are also warriors - aged 40 and 38.) I am 30 years old.

So for eating healthy, I eat lots of vegetables even in with noodles. I drink lots of water and anything that's fluid. I don't take alcohol at all, no matter the pressure.
I don't stress myself at all. Growing up, doctors used to warn my parents. So anything that would give me heartache, I avoid it like a plague. Whatever I can't do, I don't force myself to do it.
I cover up real well when its cold. I sometimes wear socks in the office and I just don't care who is looking.
When its hot, water is my Buddy. When its cold I force myself to drink lots of water as well.
I try not to worry about things after all HE said 'cast my burden in HIM'

My family loves me. My friends are a blessing so I'm never looking for care or love out there but find ways to give love back, this in turn keeps me very happy.

I just believe and tell myself each passing moment that I'm beautiful, I'm loved, I'm brilliant and I'm stronger than even someone with the AA genotype. (Trust me, it works).

As you can see, nothing really extraordinary, but you can try anything here you haven't been doing or use jobelyn. One of my favorite food is unripe plantain. Its really healthy, I prefer to eat it as porridge with lots of vegetable in it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Mikwus(f): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
treasuremabel:

And do you take folic acids everyday or mayb bico, or multivitamins?

don't take folic acid and B Complex all the time. I only use those whenever I'm treating malaria which is like every 4 months.

Jobelyn is a good herbal supplement. Its a wonder drug made by 'health forever' try it for just 1 week and check your PCV, you will be amazed. Though I've not used it in about 3yrs but I used it for so many years and I never had issues. In fact we used it (my siblings and I, 2 older siblings of mine are also warriors - aged 40 and 38.) I am 30 years old.

So for eating healthy, I eat lots of vegetables even in with noodles. I drink lots of water and anything that's fluid. I don't take alcohol at all, no matter the pressure.
I don't stress myself at all. Growing up, doctors used to warn my parents. So anything that would give me heartache, I avoid it like a plague. Whatever I can't do, I don't force myself to do it.
I cover up real well when its cold. I sometimes wear socks in the office and I just don't care who is looking.
When its hot, water is my Buddy. When its cold I force myself to drink lots of water as well.

My family loves me. My friends are a blessing so I'm never looking for care or love out there but find ways to give love back, this in turn keeps me very happy.

I just believe and tell myself each passing moment that I'm beautiful, I'm loved, I'm brilliant and I'm stronger than even someone with the AA genotype. (Trust me, it works).

As you can see, nothing really extraordinary, but you can try anything here you haven't been doing or use jobelyn. One of my favorite food is unripe plantain. Its really healthy, I prefer to eat it as porridge with lots of vegetable in it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mikwus:

don't take folic acid and B Complex all the time. I only use those whenever I'm treating malaria which is like every 4 months.

Huh?? Unripe plantain? I thought we are supposed to avoid those cos of its iron content?? shocked
Wow thank you so much! You are the only one here who has made me known that am on the right track on my refusal not to depend on drugs. Thanks for sharing, am also trying out a routine free of drugs, just taking fruits n enough water n I want to see how it goes, if you can do it, I can do better after all,we are all warriors! Thank you very much ma cheesy
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
LeSaint:
@treasuremabel, thank you for starting this, and sticking with the discussions so far!

Bravo to all you warriors! God is your strength.

My son is 10+, and we have not experienced anything that can be described as a crisis.
Just frequent bouts of malaria, until we started him on Paludine daily at firs, now 3 - 4 times a week. Folic acid and BCo daily.
No health issue in the past one year at least.
He is quite lean tho, but I think that's because he hates any good food. It's a battle at every mealtime.
My fear is I don't know how the future will be for him - better or worse. Hope he never gets one of those crisis.
He's my second child, and we stopped after discovering his status at 2yrs.

Would appreciate any advice or perspectives.

To start with, am an 18years old warrior, i would just say things about my experience n from my doctors.
he has to stay away from bitter stuff, you know, herbs, bitterkola, (the day my mum gave me a bitter herb for the first time I almost died, doctors were quite angry with her at the hospital too), anything stressful he should stay away, even playing football as a boy, and try making him drink astymine frequently to build up his blood, as for his stature, you have to look for a way to make him eat. Some of the reasons am looking healthy today is cos mum made sure I fed properly, you can check my dp to confirm, people even say I look older than my age whereas warriors are supposed to look way younger than their age, so healthy foods is the key if you don't want him looking like a sickled when he's grown, look for a way to make him eat, you could ask your doc for help cos my doc helped me to be eating.
Plenty water is another friend of ours, irrespective of the weather, make him drink water n lots of it!
My doc said I should avoid foods like unripe plantain cos of its high iron content so, maybe you can try that too.
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by LeSaint(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
treasuremabel:

To start with, am an 18years old warrior, i would just say things about my experience n from my doctors.
he has to stay away from bitter stuff, you know, herbs, bitterkola, (the day my mum gave me a bitter herb for the first time I almost died, doctors were quite angry with her at the hospital too), anything stressful he should stay away, even playing football as a boy, and try making him drink astymine frequently to build up his blood, as for his stature, you have to look for a way to make him eat. Some of the reasons am looking healthy today is cos mum made sure I fed properly, you can check my dp to confirm, people even say I look older than my age whereas warriors are supposed to look way younger than their age, so healthy foods is the key if you don't want him looking like a sickled when he's grown, look for a way to make him eat, you could ask your doc for help cos my doc helped me to be eating.
Plenty water is another friend of ours, irrespective of the weather, make him drink water n lots of it!
My doc said I should avoid foods like unripe plantain cos of its high iron content so, maybe you can try that too.

Thanks very much. You're really a treasure!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Mikwus(f): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
treasuremabel:

Huh?? Unripe plantain? I thought we are supposed to avoid those cos of its iron content?? shocked
Wow thank you so much! You are the only one here who has made me known that am on the right track on my refusal not to depend on drugs. Thanks for sharing, am also trying out a routine free of drugs, just taking fruits n enough water n I want to see how it goes, if you can do it, I can do better after all,we are all warriors! Thank you very much ma cheesy

You're most welcome dear.

The iron in unripe plantain is different from the iron in drugs. So unripe plantain is good for you (feel free to verify from your doctor)

Feel free to eat anything that has been given to us by GOD. Eat foods and fruits in season.

Some other things I do are the use of natural remedy for very simple ailments. I use honey a lot. I never run out of honey. Garlic for antibacterial purposes ....etc. You can inbox me for more info

Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Leem4: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
tabontabon:
Dont let the current situation affect your person negatively. Coping with SS is stress on its own,coupled with having doubts about one's parenthood. If I may ask,where do you reside?
ogbomosho
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
LeSaint:

Thanks very much. You're really a treasure!

You are welcome sir, God that didn't allow my mum to mourn me will not allow you to mourn him IJN
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mikwus:

You're most welcome dear.

The iron in unripe plantain is different from the iron in drugs. So unripe plantain is good for you (feel free to verify from your doctor)

Feel free to eat anything that has been given to us by GOD. Eat foods and fruits in season.

Some other things I do are the use of natural remedy for very simple ailments. I use honey a lot. I never run out of honey. Garlic for antibacterial purposes ....etc. You can inbox me for more info

Take care.

Thanks ma, really appreciate
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mikwus:

Now this is wonderful... I will try out Jobelyne also.. Although my story is also similar to all. Do play like other kids as a toddler, soccer, running e.t.c. (although I do feel weak after those activities but the next hours I will be fine). Missed many classes in school due to malaria as a kid, I do wounder why are other children not having !malaria like myself -my bro is also a warrior but I noticed he's more fit than me-... until one day in J.S.S 1 I will say a friend said to me after a fierce fight 'you that you won't reach 14 before ur death.' Since that day I knew what I'm I, the next available person is my mum, I asked her if thats true. Then she said to me 'You shall not die but live'.. Since then I tried to know myself. I got answers: I knew the reasons why my mum want me to be a doctor (lol, ala n shiere.. For her dream..) Along the line my mum got saved and belief solely in God.. Then her faith was transfered to me too. Whenever a warrior in the neighborhood 'stopped running' mum will come to us and lay her hands on us and prayed.. We've got an uncaring dad though.. He want another male (which aren't coming till date).. Finished my sec school.. Warriors stopping running at the left n right.. 2008 was the last time i got admitted and it was malaria. Anytime i fall sick and mum ask shall we go to hospital if i said yes then she knew im really sick, i hate the four walls of clinics.. I was admitted and just transfused with 5packs of water 'I'm dehydrated- Twas that years I gain my admission. My 4 years in school was fun at its peak. I took part in every activities (each year with one political post or the other, from S.U.G. to association.) Through my years in school i met other 2 warriors 1 'Stop running' in the second year angry the other after weve graduated.
Till date I haven't been transfused nor admitted again. Only treating malaria as a matter of whenever it arises.. I will clock 28 in July why my bro will clock 30....To make it easier I'm recruited into a govt hospital..
Surviving on and on with the spirit like..''I Cheated on
my death, broke up with my fears.. Though it took so long but now I'm married to my future''

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by lepasharon(f): 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
Amynamerica:

You will gain weight and even struggle with weight in time. I used to be really slim but now I'm quite big. Used to be a size 8 now I'm a size 12. Currently pregnant with my second kid. I'm a warrior!

Pls what do you eat ? embarassed
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by lepasharon(f): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
treasuremabel:

Well, I don't know why most warriors just have small stature but am not slim o n am not small too

What do you eat plss?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
lepasharon:

What do you eat plss?

Heheheh to tell you the truth I am not a food person,
My secret is rest of mind n good sleep. I will advice you not to try adding weight
Let your body take its time

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by daveP(m): 12:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Dahjhi:
Now this is wonderful... I will try out Jobelyne also.. Although my story is also similar to all. Do play like other kids as a toddler, soccer, running e.t.c. (although I do feel weak after those activities but the next hours I will be fine). Missed many classes in school due to malaria as a kid, I do wounder why are other children not having !malaria like myself -my bro is also a warrior but I noticed he's more fit than me-... until one day in J.S.S 1 I will say a friend said to me after a fierce fight 'you that you won't reach 14 before ur death.' Since that day I knew what I'm I, the next available person is my mum, I asked her if thats true. Then she said to me 'You shall not die but live'.. Since then I tried to know myself. I got answers: I knew the reasons why my mum want me to be a doctor (lol, ala n shiere.. For her dream..) Along the line my mum got saved and belief solely in God.. Then her faith was transfered to me too. Whenever a warrior in the neighborhood 'stopped running' mum will come to us and lay her hands on us and prayed.. We've got an uncaring dad though.. He want another male (which aren't coming till date).. Finished my sec school.. Warriors stopping running at the left n right.. 2008 was the last time i got admitted and it was malaria. Anytime i fall sick and mum ask shall we go to hospital if i said yes then she knew im really sick, i hate the four walls of clinics.. I was admitted and just transfused with 5packs of water 'I'm dehydrated- Twas that years I gain my admission. My 4 years in school was fun at its peak. I took part in every activities (each year with one political post or the other, from S.U.G. to association.) Through my years in school i met other 2 warriors 1 'Stop running' in the second year angry the other after weve graduated.
Till date I haven't been transfused nor admitted again. Only treating malaria as a matter of whenever it arises.. I will clock 28 in July why my bro will clock 30....To make it easier I'm recruited into a govt hospital..
my death, broke up with my fears.. Though it took so long but now I'm married to my future''

(as he dismounts the top podium, several guys in casual wears doff their hats and gradually an encouraging applause fills the entire room.)

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by tabontabon: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
Leem,go to any general hospital/federal medical center explain to the doctors and ask to see a hematology for better clarification.assuming u are in lagos,LASUTH would have been d best.
Leem4:
ogbomosho
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Mikwus(f): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dahjhi:

You're such an inspiration.Whenever people told me I could not live to a certain age, I always respond 'I will attend your funeral' seemed harsh but I had to make a confession more superior to theirs.

Fear is the only thing that limits humans. For a warrior, its good you've broken up with it.
I'm 30yrs old. I have 2 siblings who are warriors as well, ages 38 and 40 respectively.

We will keep being a wonder to our world and generation.

Keep trusting God. And please try out jobelyn

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Mikwus:

You're such an inspiration.Whenever people told me I could not live to a certain age, I always respond 'I will attend your funeral' seemed harsh but I had to make a confession more superior to theirs.

Fear is the only thing that limits humans. For a warrior, its good you've broken up with it.
I'm 30yrs old. I have 2 siblings who are warriors as well, ages 38 and 40 respectively.

We will keep being a wonder to our world and generation.

Keep trusting God. And please try out jobelyn
Lol. @attending their funeral. Thanks a bunch... You are wonderful also... Keep on Surviving and #StayAlife

Shalom ! ! ! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
daveP:

(as he dismounts the top podium, several guys in casual wears doff their hats and gradually an encouraging applause fills the entire room.)

Shalom!
See u ehn? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Vitiligo / Zika Virus Infection Reported In USA / The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.