Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba (15378 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by chidiokoye444: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
aldrick:
God 4 purnish you if say u try mention ikwerre or any ikwerre person. Ofcos u knw wat we can do... Long like the Aklaka nation of Rivers state (Ogba,Ekpeye and Ikwerre people)
wat is this one saying
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by londoner: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
Isn't this Lynxx's uncle? Lynxx definitely claims his Igboness.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Am not a tribal champion, never will be but why is this coolitempa guy trying hard to prove who is and who is not Igbo? Seriously the agitation for break up will continue if every Nigerian won't be treated as equal. Creation of south-south as a separate zone was a deliberate action as a result of Igbo-phobia, designed to deny the Igbo man the seashore and supposedly keep him in check. This is a story many Nigerians know even though they won't admit. Why is there no north-north zone? If the perpetrators truly wanted a one Nigeria devoid of ethnic bias, why not have a south-west, south-east and south central, that way there won't be anything like "Igbo" zone, rather they tried to round up the Igbos in one place and land-lock them under some zoning ruse? Good news is you can't stop someone who knows where he is going. Why are certain group of people desperately scared of having a seaport any where down south-south, open up a port in the south-south, Igbos don't own south-south but the "rivers" tribe man would still be asleep, while the Igbo man uses them and pays him rent from it. Time will tell, my people would say that you don't cover a full blown pregnancy with your palms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by HopeAtHand: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
cheruv:

Ihere megbuo gi hope!!
As an ukwa-ngwa,I no longer support the division of Alaukwa between Abia and Rivers state!!
Ukwa South LG(oyigbo) must be returned to Abia state and nothing can stop that angry .we the ukwa-ngwa cultural group of igboland can no support our people living south of Imo river being part of a 'confused' state.
The charade(wrongs) of 1976 must be righted..
1]Abia =oyigbo
2]Anioma =igbanke
3]Ebonyi =abi
4]Imo =egbema and ndoni
Rivers state, return oyigbo now!!

Cheruv, i an challenging you to come and take Oyigbo if you can.

The biafran illusion is making many igbos delusional and highly irrational.

It is on record that Oyigbo land belongs to Rivers aborigines most notably the Ogonis and Ikwerres..The people of Oyigbo are our customary tenants..anyday they feel they have had enough of Rivers state, they should swim across the River ( we wont allow them cross the bridge, they must swim ) into Abia and reside there with their like minds.

I cared less about Igbo Unity, i only care about my land...its about time!
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
fr3do:

They may have been under bini rule but saying they actually migrated from bini is unreasonable.

aniomas migrated from Benin.......but stopped at river Niger.......present day asaba/onitsha.....they r not ibos and they always say so.... cheesy...but through interaction....they have learnt d language and some culture.......but still not ibo...... grin...the real ibos are the landlocked ones
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Macelliot(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

aniomas migrated from Benin.......but stopped at river Niger.......present day asaba/onitsha.....they r not ibos and they always say so.... cheesy...but through interaction....they have learnt d language and some culture.......but still not ibo...... grin...the real ibos are the landlocked ones
http://asaba.com/about/

Yorubas never cease to amaze me...
GET OFF MY THREAD..
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Macelliot(m): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

It is on record that Oyigbo land belongs to Rivers aborigines most notably the Ogonis and Ikwerres..The people of Oyigbo are our customary tenants..anyday they feel they have had enough of Rivers state, they should swim across the River ( we wont allow them cross the bridge, they must swim ) into Abia and reside there with their like minds.

Sorry bro. The King never mentioned Ikwerre in his speech...

Pls, kindly excuse us.. I beg you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Armaggedon: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

yoloba maggot!
Your pple in osun are dying of starvation and u re here trolling around in an Igbo thread.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Vicotex(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
PastorPLC:

Abriba can understand central Igbo but other Igbos will not understand them. The same thing with Ebonyi, Ohafia and others. They understand central Igbo but other Igbos don't understand them. Even in Yoruba, Badagry understand Yoruba but other Yorubas does not understand them. This applies to some other states in Yoruba land.

But we don't need the South-south Igbo communities except Asaba. Though Obigbo has never denied Igbo.
Nwanne biko, we must rescue our brothers from the pit called nigeria, including ikwerre.
Remember 'be your borther's keeper', we'll forgive them, for they know not what they were doing when they denied their origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

See madness! There are no single Ikwerre or Ogoni village in Oyigbo LGA. All the towns in Oyigbo are either Ndoki or Asa, both of whom are native to the land and proud Igbos. It's no fault of theirs that Gowon and his co travellers decided to put them in the Rivers state Charade.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Vicotex(m): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

Aniomas are igbo, onithsha is igbo, ikwerres are igbo, obigbo are igbos.

By the mention of Biafra, igbo, every yoruba's will run mad and begin to claim they are from SS.

Oyel kill una.....
To spice it up, Akwa ibom, cross river are also part of biafra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

He is not called obi but asagba of asaba....just like dein of agbor....not obi of agbor.... cheesy...but not ibo .......and their palace Chiefs dress just like Benin Chiefs......Anioma is not ibo..... grin

Well, if Anioma that Onitsha and Asaba are part of are now Bini. It then means that Nzeogwu abi na Ifeajuna coup is no longer an Igbo coup, but a Bini coup, since both men were Bini( Anioma) and not Igbo.

Lol! What do you think? Or do they interswitch between Igbo and Bini, depending on when it suits your Igbophobic agenda?

Ndi ara!

8 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Yeske2(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Vicotex:

Nwanne biko, we must rescue our brothers from the pit called nigeria, including ikwerre.
Remember 'be your borther's keeper', we'll forgive them, for they know not what they were doing when they denied their origin.
Forget the Ikwerres, i'd rather have the Efiks and Ibibios to the treacherous Ikwerres.
Don't bring the Ikwerres into anything Igbo again.

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by cheruv: 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Mtschewww
Even ogoni can't claim oyigbo but you're here making claims on net bkos your people deluded by 98 oil wells and a city built by okpara can bkos you can pass as Igbo angry
When the time comes,we'd not only collect oyigbo but would collect all the other igboids in RS excluding the iwherōha..that way you'd enjoy a state with the ogoni and ijaw very well cheesy
Its so shameful that ndiwherōha are so paranoid of the Igbo that they'd want the opobo(igwenga) to stop speaking their lingo
Am preparing for the day armies would move out from the SE to incorporate the Igbos of the SS..just hope those 4 wretched LGs of yours aren't laid waste by overzealous soldiers
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by walemoney007(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

guy,d way u r bhavin is so irritatin,if u r not an ibos guy(which am sure u r not) y dont u just let d ibos settle dia case demselv..
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by christopher123(m): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yeske2:
Forget the Ikwerres, i'd rather have the Efiks and Ibibios to the treacherous Ikwerres.
Lol that hopeathand can be funny some times so ignore him and his type

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by christopher123(m): 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
cheruv:

Mtschewww
Even ogoni can't claim oyigbo but you're here making claims on net bkos your people deluded by 98 oil wells and a city built by okpara can bkos you can pass as Igbo angry
When the time comes,we'd not only collect oyigbo but would collect all the other igboids in RS excluding the iwherōha..that way you'd enjoy a state with the ogoni and ijaw very well cheesy
Its so shameful that ndiwherōha are so paranoid of the Igbo that they'd want the opobo(igwenga) to stop speaking their lingo
Am preparing for the day armies would move out from the SE to incorporate the Igbos of the SS..just hope those 4 wretched LGs of yours aren't laid waste by overzealous soldiers

But we have reasonable ikwerre also but they seems to be few
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Armaggedon:
yoloba maggot!
Your pple in osun are dying of starvation and u re here trolling around in an Igbo thread.

and u are here trolling on a Yoruba website...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
walemoney007:
guy,d way u r bhavin is so irritatin,if u r not an ibos guy(which am sure u r not) y dont u just let d ibos settle dia case demselv..

it is not an ibo thread....aniomas r not ibos....... angry...get that into ur think skull.... cool
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
pazienza:

Well, if Anioma that Onitsha and Asaba are part of are now Bini. It then means that Nzeogwu abi na Ifeajuna coup is no longer an Igbo coup, but a Bini coup, since both men were Bini( Anioma) and not Igbo.

Lol! What do you think? Or do they interswitch between Igbo and Bini, depending on when it suits your Igbophobic agenda?

Ndi ara!

there were five majors......remember.... all ibos...
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Armaggedon:
yoloba maggot!

ibo states owe more arrears......than osun state..... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by PastorPLC: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
The Ikwerres are worst, and Igbos don't need them. As for Obigbo in Rivers, they cried in the past that they would like to join their brothers in Abia State. They are proud to be called Igbos. The Obigbos have never denied their Igbo origin. In late 1970s, Obigbo was in Imo State before they carved them out and joined Rivers by Agents of division. Now, its hunting those external evil manipulators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

there were five majors......remember.... all ibos...
Lol! name them.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Vicotex(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yeske2:
not all ppl here on NL are ikwerre, most of them are offemanus claiming to be ikwerre, btw current ikwerres eyes ve opened. Even Amechi said it himself in campaign ground that he is an igbo man
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Udmaster(m): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Anioma, Oshimili, ObiIgbo, Ikwerre people are Igbos even the igbo speaking people in Benue... Anioma State should be created.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Mcowubaba: 10:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
steppin:
Your name is Okechukwu and your sister's name is Chioma and yet, you say you're not from Igbo?
Yeye dey smell.
I call that delusion of the highest order...
Esp some Ikwerrians here!!!..no offence to them..
But pls what is Special abt the ikwerre people
Dem just d form james bond....I know an average Igbo man in Imo or Anambra no even send dem!!!
Wetin self!!!...mak I hear say I be Igbo, I come d beg Ikwerre people to accept Igbo!! 4 what sad
I gat nothing against the Ikwerre people!!!...
As I have said sometime ago...
The said Ikwerre is not Igbo..nd Igbo don't give a damn abt dat..
My ikwerre friend d answer Amadi chinedu charles..no be igbo na Ukraine him becheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by HopeAtHand: 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yeske2:

Ewu, go and eat grass..

Your people do not know anything about politics..Ikwerres saw an opportunity in the civil war fallout to further our desire for recognition as a separate people from Igbos and took it with both hands,.actually we grabbed the opportunity by the balls and squeezed it hard...If that is treachery to you, be my guest..

We are not complaining about anything, we have a very developed city by any parameter or indices used..we sit ontop our state as the Chairmen..we are also well placed..You make your own fate bruv, you make it.

As for Ibibios, sorry to say, they have a history of servitude..Who wouldn't love to have them around.

Cc:pazienza

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Macelliot(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

it is not an ibo thread....aniomas r not ibos....... angry...get that into ur think skull.... cool
For the last time... GET OFF THIS THREAD.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Macelliot(m): 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Ewu, go and eat grass..

Your people do not know anything about politics..Ikwerres saw an opportunity in the civil war fallout to further our desire for recognition as a separate people from Igbos and took it with both hands,.actually we grabbed the opportunity by the balls and squeezed it hard...If that is treachery to you, be my guest..

We are not complaining about anything, we have a very developed city by any parameter or indices used..we sit ontop our state as the Chairmen..we are also well placed..You make your own fate bruv, you make it.

As for Ibibios, sorry to say, they have a history of servitude..Who wouldn't love to have them around.
Get off this thread pls...
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Macelliot:

For the last time... GET OFF THIS THREAD.

.?.......force me....... cheesy
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Ewu, go and eat grass..

Cc:pazienza

PH is not New york, neither is it Paris. Uyo is growing rapidly, the Ibibios are new comers to the oil wealth ish, but they are already taking you lots to the cleaners. Uyo is now the Nigerian centre of excellence. They( Ibibios) have shown better management of resources than you lots. You should be learning from them. Your attempt to denigrate them is funny and baseless.

You stopped being Igbo for economic reasons? and so what? How many ikwerre people are amongst Nigeria's richest? Are your people the most developed people in Nigeria? If you denied your Igbo identity for economic well being, then I am sorry, for like Asagba of Asaba noted, you failed, for even those in SE who stuck with the Igbo tag post Biafra war despite the humiliation and marginalization that came with the Igbo tag, are now better than you lots in all aspects of human development. Your plans backfired!
https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! name them.

go read why we struck.........only one was Yoruba - ademoyega and he was blackmailed....... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kola Nut Ritual In Igboland / Emir Sanusi Celebrates 2 Years In Power / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.