Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (43167 Views)

Interesting Facts About Ibadan / Things You Might Not Know About Ibadan City / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by hola106(m): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ibadan guz be lik nasionalizim
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by DandyWalker(m): 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
i feel dis write-up is even more disparaging than corrective. Am from ibadan and i stay there. The op seems to have some sort of inferiority complex. People have different misconceptions about all cities or towns in d country. A desperate attempt, such as this, to correct such seems to lend credence to such misconceptions. It's like when a man begins to tell his wife ' am d head of this family', definitely his headship is questionable. Some things are just obvious. That ibadan is a great city is common knowledge. Any attempt to force such amounts to inferiority complex.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Rexyl(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
Cool and nice place to live and succeed with what you have if you have the will. You would enjoy your earnings and add value to your life if you know how to do it legitimately.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by JewelRegi(f): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=CR77 post=34929291]Am allergic to long stories[/quote

Supported
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by BABANGBALI: 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
Others are,Ibadan girls no dey shave their toto and armpit,dem toto no dey sweet and dem they sleep like a log of wood wen they dey fok dem grin
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by salesRep: 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
Have always been told that Ibadan people are not trust worthy and I should not have anything to do with them. But my best friend is Ibadan guy and he is a very good guy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by DandyWalker(m): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=DICKtator post=34929955]I do know they like amala and gbegiri

And one of their past governor was a model for a bleaching cream!!!! Your post seems funny but it is, at best, very insipid and ignorant. You swallow everything you read online hook, line and sinker. Have you seen this man before to confirm he bleaches?
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by BABANGBALI: 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
DollyParton1:
But really Ibadan people can abuse ehn. Chai!!
like iyangbali,someone tolded me she is from Ibadan

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by MrNiceGuy5: 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Macelliot:

I disagree...
Here in Obosi, Anambra state..
It's difficult to spot a bungalow, let to say zinc house or rusty roof...

Buildings here are clustered and is 4, 5, 6 story building and above...

Buildings in the east were formally brown roof but people started breaking all those brown roofs in onithsa to build 4 to 5 story building because you guys don't have enough land. But in the west, we don't break brown roofs building instead we move to another settlement in the same state to develop it. That is why you will see fine building even in that same ibadan that has brown roof.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by poiu44: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
embarassed

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by stonecoldcafe: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
elopee3000:
No my problem with ibadan is the brown roof and all the houses with out toilet

Seriously? Those houses with brown roofs are built without toilets? Is this a joke? Never been to Ibadan so I don't know if you're joking.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
CR77:
Am allergic to long stories

more like allergic to wisdom?

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Badex10(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by bidak(m): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
one thing me I know about ibadan people is that they can abuse ehn,don't even try and exchange words with them they will abuse you,abuse ur mama,abuse ur papa join ur brother and sister sef
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Yinkay: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
elopee3000:
No my problem with ibadan is the brown roof and all the houses with out toilet
May be that is part of the city your status can afford....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by sylve11: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
BABANGBALI:
Others are,Ibadan girls no dey shave their toto and armpit,dem toto no dey sweet and dem they sleep like a log of wood wen they dey fok dem grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by bodivi: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
Looking for exclusive swimming pools around Ibadan,pls i need a response
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by sylve11: 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
bidak:
one thing me I know about ibadan people is that they can abuse ehn,don't even try and exchange words with them they will abuse you,abuse ur mama,abuse ur papa join ur brother and sister sef

give those credits to kwara people. cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
Brown Zinc.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by RaeMystix: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yinkay:

May be that is part of the city your status can afford....

Well Said. grin...I like you
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by highbeeola(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
Omo ibadan kino so re so so un ni. Eran kilejelana eran siken ni. Kilefi joko cusine sia ni. Proudly ibadan omo lagelu onilu

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by RaeMystix: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Both of my parents hail from Ibadan, but they still do speak the normal yoruba accent. Same goes for my Uncle's and Aunties. So that thick accent portrayal of folks from Ibadan is absolutely false.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
CR77:
Am allergic to long stories
that s why you dont know book
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by RaeMystix: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
bodivi:
Looking for exclusive swimming pools around Ibadan,pls i need a response

Hahahahaha!....You know your broke fronting behind can't afford it grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
places with brown roofs are old settlement.. Almost all cities in Nigeria apart from lagos have 50%to 60% percent old settlement with Brown-roofs.. Stopping saying nonsense
Lies
People renovate their houses periodically where I come from. 50-60% is too way off the mark
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
MrNiceGuy5:

Buildings in the east were formally brown roof but people started breaking all those brown roofs in onithsa to build 4 to 5 story building because you guys don't have enough land. But in the west, we don't break brown roofs building instead we move to another settlement in the same state to develop it. That is why you will see fine building even in that same ibadan that has brown roof.

It's not about land. Taste too. Eastern villages with abundant land have many magnificent houses as well
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Twistaray(m): 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

It's not about land. Taste too. Eastern villages with abundant land have many magnificent houses as well

And SE has no rural areas or what?
Have your forgetting nigeria is a developing country ni grin

Few of us are not ignorant about the happenings in the east Mr

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by TruthisOut: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hahahahahahahahha ..... #Jacuzzi tins hon my mind .... lol
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
Twistaray:

And SE has no rural areas or what?
Have your forgetting nigeria is a developing country ni grin

Few of us are not ignorant about the happenings in the east Mr
You quoted me talking about village and you still ask if we don't have rural areas
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. by Twistaray(m): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You quoted me talking about village and you still ask if we don't have rural areas

Exactly my point.
You want proof of brown roof in anambra?

And besides you can not compare the size of ibadan which is up to the size of the SE put together.

Ibandan tends to absorb more while anambra less with more visible development due to her size.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tear Gas Fired At Ooni Of Ife During Sowore's Visit (PHOTOS) / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch / Alaafin Of Oyo Younger Wife, Ajoke Slays In Arabian Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.