Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises (38026 Views)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
blakky97:

I just love all these lawyers!!
It's so interesting reading their educated opinions in common matters.
They put a bar between the sane, educated, intelligent and otherwise.
They make truth so beautiful
I think there should be a place on nl where lawyers debate. That's the place i'l be all the time. I get tickles from reading their clear expressions and definition. I like you all. Section 2 says " it's a crime to say I LOVE you to a married woman" hope I'm correct?
really?sometimes, it could buzz ur brains out. Often times, I enjoy listening to my seniors argue soundly esp on points of law. Its interesting. just try visit a gud court around ur locality and enjoy a couple of proceedings
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by tpiadotcom: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
adorablepepple:

The corroboration required in this case, is not that of any person who was there when he promised her marriage, if the family n friends of the man testify that they were aware of the relationship and it was going to lead to marriage..... it's enough corroboration. She will win the case if she gets a good lawyer because she has a very good case,that's if the family corroborate the evidence

winning is rather an ambiguous term though.

what exactly would be her "win" if the judge decides in her favour?
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by blakky97(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
urchbarbie:
really?sometimes, it could buzz ur brains out. Often times, I enjoy listening to my seniors argue soundly esp on points of law. Its interesting. just try visit a gud court around ur locality and enjoy a couple of proceedings
Will I be allowed entry?
What if I hear a very beautiful expression and out of excitement I jump up and start clapping and praising the speaker with loud and superfluous adulation which I'm in the habit of like the engineer that I am? Will I arrested and sued? I use to download and watch one judge Judy Sheindlin and I find it more interesting than NTA network news

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by sniperwolf(m): 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
And what is the PENAL CODE if I may ask?
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
blakky97:

Will I be allowed entry?
What if I hear a very beautiful expression and out of excitement I jump up and start clapping and praising the speaker with loud and superfluous adulation which I'm in the habit of like the engineer that I am? Will I arrested and sued? I use to download and watch one judge Judy Sheindlin and I find it more interesting than NTA network news
ure really one funny character. Courts usually do dier proceedings in d public, except on rare occasions. Just put ur phone on silent enter and enjoy. No clapping/loud talks.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Rexology: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
urchbarbie:
I knw u also went thru uni and u were tot dat in family law unless u ddnt do dat course n d reason for ur uniformed opinion. Most of our laws are derived from 'dis supposed english laws'

As I said d law aint static. It evolves. if u avnt come across dis recently, ur loss then cox of ur poor research skills. I would try get u a link to a decided case I read online. its unreported for now, I guess
Hahaha...Prof. de Prof...just quote a known section of any law in Nigeria to support your argument.
Forget about the link on a decided case, a seemly similar case might differ in FACT.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
urchbarbie:
dats wat dis always end up in. thats y many men keep getting away with rape and oda not gud stuffs. I just pray no1 close to u suffer dis fate. sometimes I tink men shld tink beyond dier members.
you think/wish men should think beyond their fellow males? go back and read your post then you will see that you really need this advice. Your post have been garnished with emotions, sentiments and a Lil femnazi finishing. Try tinder things the way they are instead of being gender sentimental.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
lolx
Rexology:

Hahaha...Prof. de Prof...just quote a known section of any law in Nigeria to support your argument.
Forget about the link on a decided case, a seemly similar case might differ in FACT.
dis Prof sha? we wld get dere. Am just learning. give me sometime, I wld quote u n furnish u with d much needed wink
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
icedbeatz:

you think/wish men should think beyond their fellow males? go back and read your post then you will see that you really need this advice. Your post have been garnished with emotions, sentiments and a Lil femnazi finishing. Try tinder things the way they are instead of being gender sentimental.
member could also mean dat part down below a man
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
Rexology:

hahahahajajajajajajajaja thought i was the only person to notice she couldn't provide or state the section of the Nigerian law that says that. She alright though.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
urchbarbie:
yeah if only you can locate that punk azz guy that impregnated the girl and buy Maybe a fairly used brain for the foolishh girl or maybe run an NGO where most girls can get brain implants because most times they act like they got no brain.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
urchbarbie:
yeah if only you can locate that punk azz guy that impregnated the girl he needs the advice and also buy a fairly used brain for the foolishh girl or maybe run an NGO where most girls can get brain implants because most times they act like they got no brain.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
icedbeatz:
yeah if only you can locate that punk azz guy that impregnated the girl he needs the advice and also buy a fairly used brain for the foolishh girl or maybe run an NGO where most girls can get brain implants because most times they act like they got no brain.
yh. the NGO on my mind. av got to get enuf kudi to kick start wink
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
icedbeatz:
hahahahajajajajajajajaja thought i was the only person to notice she couldn't provide or state the section of the Nigerian law that says that. She alright though.
Lord Denning: God forbid that a lawyer should know all the laws"
I promise to furnish u with d much I know as soon as I can
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Claroo(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
urchbarbie:
Lord Denning: God forbid that a lawyer should know all the laws"
I promise to furnish u with d much I know as soon as I can
Check dis link https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=VpmyAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=breach+of+promise+to+marriage+high+court+nigeria&source=bl&ots=oJ07V5p6E4&sig=aVOhpsQl8r_9EgQaCHdAnMPWczk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zpWEVcblMYKO7Aao_7_4BQ&ved=0CBUQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=breach%20of%20promise%20to%20marriage%20high%20court%20nigeria&f=false
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by anigbajumo(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
adorablepepple:

The corroboration required in this case, is not that of any person who was there when he promised her marriage, if the family n friends of the man testify that they were aware of the relationship and it was going to lead to marriage..... it's enough corroboration. She will win the case if she gets a good lawyer because she has a very good case,that's if the family corroborate the evidence
I laugh in 4D......Even wif corroboration frm watsapp,bbm etc.I fink dea iz no Law in dis country dat support "mere marriage promise".....
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by tpiadotcom: 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by emmatok(m): 12:08am On Jun 20, 2015
urchbarbie:
I had to google n find dis for u.

Read the definition you quoted again and you will realize promise of marriage is not binding.

Also note that witness is need for both parties to defend their case in court.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Brugo(m): 1:32am On Jun 20, 2015

So when a guy proposes to a girl in the presence of witnesses and she says "yes", she cannot decide to turn him down later?

That's strong o. All those ladies who call off marriages once they meet a richer guy.... hmmm they can be charged to court. grin
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by tpiadotcom: 1:43am On Jun 20, 2015
Brugo:

So when a guy proposes to a girl in the presence of witnesses and she says "yes", she cannot decide to turn him down later?

That's strong o. All those ladies who call off marriages once they meet a richer guy.... hmmm they can be charged to court. grin

did that happen to you?
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by FynBabe(f): 2:32am On Jun 20, 2015
This is not selfishness. Why should a responsible man get a woman pregnant and disappear just llike that?
He must not marry her but he should be responsible because they both decided to have unprotected sex.
Sagamite:

I love it when I see women showing that their selfish side I have always highlighted. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2318469/growing-number-rich-comfortable-single/11#34895149

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Billygee2u: 4:14am On Jun 20, 2015
Fatdon:
Women and their wahala, na by force to marry
after you are aware of the pregnancy,you still can't make a reasonable comment?
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by paulibling(m): 4:18am On Jun 20, 2015
FynBabe:
This is good news! It means the era of 'chopping and cleaning' mouth for guys is over forever. I see more ladies taking advantage of this.
Dont deceive yourself nothing will come out of the suit. Let the guy get a good lawyer and waste the judge's time.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by paulibling(m): 4:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Billygee2u:

after you are aware of the pregnancy,you still can't make a reasonable comment?
Legally married couples never stay for marriage finish na the one by fire by force go stay. One day you go see case say guy must marry a girl cos she needs husband. Say the guy give am belle is no excuse.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Papyamanda(m): 5:14am On Jun 20, 2015
choi

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 20, 2015
DESPERATE LADIES on the loose...

It's now Force to marry..

The COURT na dry court weh dey find CASH.

This one na CASE too..

What about other men...? Including me that DATES 5 LADIES at a time, Just to PICK the BEST.,, wetin dem go CHARGE me for....
...... CHARGE ME FOR OVERLOAD

OF these 5 LADIES, 2 are still VIRGINS and very young(21 years in final year)...

2 came to me slaughtered.. then i slaughtered one myself.

PLEASE, what will i be CHARGED for..? So that i can prepare...
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by tpiadotcom: 5:41am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by urchbarbie(f): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2015
Claroo:

Check dis link https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=VpmyAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=breach+of+promise+to+marriage+high+court+nigeria&source=bl&ots=oJ07V5p6E4&sig=aVOhpsQl8r_9EgQaCHdAnMPWczk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zpWEVcblMYKO7Aao_7_4BQ&ved=0CBUQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=breach%20of%20promise%20to%20marriage%20high%20court%20nigeria&f=false
Claroo dear. I did my family law well in uni and read dat text
I knw and only re confirmed it. tnx plenty.
these ppl just made me rmbr one over sabi in my room in lawskl. everytime, 'wats ur authority?'. I dont need to gloat, but she re-wrote bar finals.

Enuf said
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by tonychristopher: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2015
That's a smart igbo babe ...respect to igbo
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by AmarachiOnuoha(m): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2015
Sweetyie:
Their business not mine. #Biko chopping my okpa
Wow! can I get some okpa from you Biko?
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Sweetyie(f): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2015
AmarachiOnuoha:
Wow! can I get some okpa from you Biko?
Nope. U asked late
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by crackhaus: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2015
BIDOO:

BABA WERE NIE.....................................who enact such a law in ur village.
If one person can be sued for not fulfilling his promise in my village, then the other person can also be sued for believing that promise in the first place.

I come from a village of logic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins / 10 Things Your Mother Never Told You… Warning! This Will Leave You In Tears!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67