Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Sciences Discussion Thread. - Science/Technology (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sciences Discussion Thread. (68908 Views)

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

I am quite certain we will be having cities like this in the near future

But my hope remains that amidst beautiful infrastructural boom and development, it would not affect the natural ecology of man. . .I hope it will not disrupt the natural habitats because the effect will be catastrophic. . man have to learn when to STOP and check when his development is killing him.

Our natural ecology are very vital factors to our survival
I have had an idea. It is called vertical farming. It simply entails growing crops in skyscrapers by way of aeroponics.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

I am quite certain we will be having cities like this in the near future

But my hope remains that amidst beautiful infrastructural boom and development, it would not affect the natural ecology of man. . .I hope it will not disrupt the natural habitats because the effect will be catastrophic. . man have to learn when to STOP and check when his development is killing him.

Our natural ecology are very vital factors to our survival
definetly, we would sacrifice our natural ecology to achieve these kind of stuffs, by then we would begin to depend on aeroponics and other artificial stuffs like dat...

(dont like using big words...pardon)
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
i dont think we would have animals anymore..... ...we'll begin to have robot pets....smh for technology!
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
RobinHez:
i dont think we would have animals anymore.....
...we'll begin to have robot pets....smh for technology!
look at this . . .

Nah wah oh . . .

Btw,of course we would have animals.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
I have had an idea. It is called vertical farming. It simply entails growing crops in skyscrapers by way of aeroponics.
This is not the ISS you know, am not quite sure that will be enough to sustain the oxygen supply needed for every specie in this planet. .humans alone are 7billion speculated to tower up to 16 in some years to come. .
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:
This is not the ISS you know, am not quite sure that will be enough to sustain the oxygen supply needed for every specie in this planet. .humans alone are 7billion speculated to tower up to 16 in some years to come. .
oh no . . . that is just to provide food. grin

Oxygen will be produced by industrial electrolysis powered by safe atomic batteries.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
RobinHez:
We would have animals alright but we would be more dependent on robot labour for most of our day to day routine. . Robots would do most of the works ranging from simple house jobs to industrial heavy duties
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:
you know . . . I still think we should go up and not wide. If we do this, there will still be forests in centuries to come. Cities will only be higher. As such, we will get natural oxygen.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh no . . . that is just to provide food. grin

Oxygen will be produced by industrial electrolysis powered by safe atomic batteries.
That is exactly why i said that the natural ecology will be history. . . i anticipate that a generation will cone where the children will rely on pictures to know what a forest looks like
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
you know . . . I still think we should go up and not wide. If we do this, there will still be forests in centuries to come. Cities will only be higher. As such, we will get natural oxygen.
Going up is a far better ideasmiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
look at this . . .

Nah wah oh . . .

Btw,of course we would have animals.
dat is after many of them have gone into extinction...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Going up is a far better ideasmiley
in fact, I suggest going higher and deeper!

Look at this pix, using architecture like this, a state like Lagos can easily accommodate the entire populace of kano and kastina combined!

Although, we cannot use that exact template. We need to solve the pollution problem. smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
RobinHez:

dat is after many of them have gone into extinction...

we cannot help that. sad
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
in fact, I suggest going higher and deeper!

Look at this pix, using architecture like this, a state like Lagos can easily accommodate the entire populace of kano and kastina combined!

Although, we cannot use that exact template. We need to solve the pollution problem. smiley
Pollution problem is one of the major problems facing mankind now and it is as a result of fossils fuels mostly. . .But i think banking on solar and electro magnetic energy for cars and transportation means and even nuclear energy source will drastically reduce the consummation of fossil fuels therefore the pollution problem can be checkmated.

Am not sure the future will see as much pollution as this picture depicts. . it will be very low compared to the exaggerated concept here
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Pollution problem is one of the major problems facing mankind now and it is as a result of fossils fuels mostly. . .But i think banking on solar and electro magnetic energy for cars and transportation means and even nuclear energy source will drastically reduce the consummation of fossil fuels therefore the pollution problem can be checkmated.

Am not sure the future will see as much pollution as this picture depicts. . it will be very low compared to the exaggerated concept here

have you heard of the earth to space elevator?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
have you heard of the earth to space elevator?
Yeah once in a discovery channel documentary
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeah once in a discovery channel documentary
I think we can repurpose the technology for aquatic structures.

Imagine a very long building. With the foundation in the ocean floor. Stretching thousands of metres up. Emerging at the surface, and then ascending far above till it is as tall as the burj khalifa.

This can be used to house either people, animals, plants, or even an artificial intelligence processing core. And the best part is, it will not affect natural ecology significantly. This can prove to be an efficient was to accommodate growing population without sacrificing natural ecology on land.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
I think we can repurpose the technology for aquatic structures.

Imagine a very long building. With the foundation in the ocean floor. Stretching thousands of metres up. Emerging at the surface, and then ascending far above till it is as tall as the burj khalifa.

This can be used to house either people, animals, plants, or even an artificial intelligence processing core. And the best part is, it will not affect natural ecology significantly. This can prove to be an efficient was to accommodate growing population without sacrificing natural ecology on land.
Yeap and artificial ventilation system will come in handy in this regard...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
Cc

Queed
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Rilwayne001: 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
RobinHez:

By then, animals would have evolved to something else as well. Don't give up on them grin grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

By then, animals would have evolved to something else as well. Don't give up on them grin grin
I don't think so embarassed

Evolutionary changes become noticeable over millions of years. All we've seen above can be achieved within the century. embarassed
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

u mean genetically modified beasts? gosh!! i dont want dat....
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeap and artificial ventilation system will come in handy in this regard...
explain more please. smiley

I didn't quite get that.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Queed: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
Cc
Queed

my presence smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Evolutionary changes as stipulated by science takes millions of years to occur because the DNA mutation transfered from parents to offspring is a gradual process. . . we are talking about nearest saying 50-100-200years from now. . .so evolutionary changes in species should not be expected by then
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
explain more please. smiley

I didn't quite get that.
You know the houses you proposed will go downwards into the ground/ocean. . .and you do not expect rooms situated deep into the ocean bed to get as much ventilation/oxygen supply as one located on the surface... so you see, a standard ventilation system is required for the underground/ocean complexes smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Rilwayne001: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
I don't think so embarassed
Evolutionary changes become noticeable over millions of years. All we've seen above can be achieved within the century. embarassed
johnydon22:

Evolutionary changes as stipulated by science takes millions of years to occur because the DNA mutation transfered from parents to offspring is a gradual process. . . we are talking about nearest saying 50-100-200years from now. . .so evolutionary changes in species should not be expected by then

Lol....Pardon my ignorance lipsrsealed grin

I'm enjoying this thread though..
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

You know the houses you proposed will go downwards into the ground/ocean. . .and you do not expect rooms situated deep into the ocean bed to get as much ventilation/oxygen supply as one located on the surface... so you see, a standard ventilation system is required for the underground/ocean complexes smiley
of course. grin

I can't believe I didn't get that . . . . embarassed
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Queed:

my presence smiley
you said you wanted in on the atomic battery concept?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol....Pardon my ignorance lipsrsealed grin

I'm enjoying this thread though..
lol. . .told you to stick aroundwink

many times when i hear some people makes assertions that are supposedly scientific in the religion section, i just slap my fore-head . . .it has gone all red due to numerous of such post, there have ruined my education honestly cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
of course. grin

I can't believe I didn't get that . . . . embarassed
lol. . . apparently being a science geek doesn't imply architectural mastery grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

lol. . . apparently being a science geek doesn't imply architectural mastery grin
you got that right. grin

It seems I lack proper architectural background. Despite the fact that I love the subject.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (34) (Reply)

Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics) / Escaped Lion Found In Kano Zoo After Devouring Goats In Their Cage / Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.