Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent (29453 Views)

Fiance Of Fulani Siddika Sanusi, Emir Sanusi's Daughter, Pictured / African Americans Of Partly Hausa Descent / Top Rated Musicians Of Igbo Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Question fulaman198, what do you know about binta masi Garba? There's something odd about her.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kaura5000 can you please create a thread on the zanna BUKAR cap, and the infamous hausa eternal knot. Or atleast tell me as much as you know about these things, their origins and history is a bit vague based on my research, maybe you can shed some light?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by kaura5000: 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thee zanna bukar I think is of kanuri origin.. I don't know much about the eternal knot
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
kaura5000:
Thee zanna bukar I think is of kanuri origin.. I don't know much about the eternal knot

Yeah, I suspected the beriberi origin of the zanna bukar, I would love to find out more. But there's this botched theory that the eternal knot might be of Celtic Nazarene origins. How plausible is that?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
DravenCreighton:
Question fulaman198, what do you know about binta masi Garba? There's something odd about her.

What's odd about her bro?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

What's odd about her bro?

She gives Off different vibes, normally I can tell you everything about you just by looking at you and listening to you, but she's sheepish, what ethnicity is she?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

Rimaybe exists as a caste everywhere not just Nigeria or Cameroon. Juldeh Camara is Rimaybe because as you can tell by his last name, he's Mande. Juldeh in the Fulani language means prayer or pray. Camara is 100% Mande. Going by his name alone we know that his bloodline inherited Fulbe culture.

Senegalese Fulani do indeed have more castes than Nigerian Fulani or so I have been told by Fulani from other countries.

Fulani look = tall, beautiful teeth and most times lanky but not always as some Fulani living in grandeur are a bit plump loll. Fulani noses typically speaking are not wide. Some small, some long. For me personally I can easily spot a Fulani in a crowd.

The typical Fulani look is more of a Buhari, Yar'adua kind of look.

Yar'adua look fulani, buhari looks kinda hausa to me. He looks both. Yes Senegalese have many castes, I thought that you didn't have castes, I will ask some friends about that. What are the castes that fulanis have in Nigeria. If fulani migrated how was it still possible to reconize who was a gawlo or who was a bailo after many generations?
So what about people who identify as fulani and yet don't have a fulani name, Nigeria is a perfect example of that. Are they rimaybe too? I am curious to know because sometimes we make mistakes when we base ourselves on people's name. I am not denying that Julde Camara is not 100 per cent fulani. He is obviously is mixed with mande. Just the same way Toucouleurs are mixed but they have adopted fulani culture. Are toucouleurs rimaybe then?
What about people with typical fulani names such as Ba who are not fulani. Are those rimbe or rimaybe? And what is the definition of rimbe, because I can't manage to understand that.
Wolof people and Serer are also tall and have beautiful teeth, many of them also do not have wide noses yet they don't look fulani. I can say the same about Soninke people too.
On the other hand fulani of other countries like guinea etc, for example are not that tall, and many of them do not fit that physical type.
Don't you think that your description is too broad?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

These are Fulani looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foLJje7mZzU

Pure-blooded 100% Fulani women

These are 100% authentic Fulani looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSmTviLat4

So people who doesn't look like this are not Fulani? Is it the look that define Fulanis? I am aware that there is what we can call a broad Fulani look. But there is not a single general Fulani look, because of intermixing Fulani looks have become very diverse. The looks on Abubakar, Ahidjo or Hayatou are not less Fulani than any Fulani from Mauritania for example. The same factor that made Fulani adopt other names also changed their looks, it is unavoidable for an ethnic group to travel that much and to not change. That is why Pulaku is one of the bases of the Fulani identity, because depending on the countries, looks and names, sometimes even language become very different. I can spot a Guinean Fulani from a Senegalese one and Guinea is not even that far from Senegal.
There are people who look Fulani when they are not (and I'm not talking about horners) just because that kind of look is not specific to the Fulanis.
Anyways let's go back to the main topic of the thread.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
Takamba:

So people who doesn't look like this are not Fulani? Is it the look that define Fulanis? I am aware that there is what we can call a broad Fulani look. But there is not a single general Fulani look, because of intermixing Fulani looks have become very diverse. The looks on Abubakar, Ahidjo or Hayatou are not less Fulani than any Fulani from Mauritania for example. The same factor that made Fulani adopt other names also changed their looks, it is unavoidable for an ethnic group to travel that much and to not change. That is why Pulaku is one of the bases of the Fulani identity, because depending on the countries, looks and names, sometimes even language become very different. I can spot a Guinean Fulani from a Senegalese one and Guinea is not even that far from Senegal.
There are people who look Fulani when they are not (and I'm not talking about horners) just because that kind of look is not specific to the Fulanis.
Anyways let's go back to the main topic of the thread.

Ahidjo's mother was a Kordo (female slave) so she wasn't Fulani but she was Fulani speaking. His father however was a Fulani. I don't know much about Atiku Abubakar's bloodline, or Lamido Hayatou Galim's bloodline (Hayatou does look stereotypically West African though).

In regards to Senegalese Fulani, are you counting the Haal'pulaaren (Tukulors) alongside the Fulbe. Even though Tukulors and Fulbe speak the same language some people don't consider Tukulors original Fulbe. Some view them as Serer or Wolof that became "Fulanized" ....

To me, the most nomadic Fulbe that don't mix represent the purest of the Fulbe. Senegalbe has become very Wolofnized that I can't tell you for certain that they are 100% Fulbe anymore. Though, I'm sure you will still find 100% Fulbe in Senegal/Mauritania like you can in Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon and Mali.

When I see a Fulani from Guinea or Senegal, I can recognise them immediately. The only difference is the accent in which we speak our respective Fulfulde/Pulaar languages. It's like an American speaking to a British but they both speak English.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
The picture of Ayuba though:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2537749_unnamed25_jpeg77259eaae043fed91628c266cca36fa0

looks stereotypically Fulani. He even looks like a Mbororo and dresses like one.

1 Like

Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by tpiadotcom: 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Takamba:

There are people who look Fulani when they are not .

quite true.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by tpiadotcom: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:
The picture of Ayuba though:

looks stereotypically Fulani. He even looks like a Mbororo and dresses like one.

true.

1 Like

Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ahidjo's mother was a Kordo (female slave) so she wasn't Fulani but she was Fulani speaking. His father however was a Fulani. I don't know much about Atiku Abubakar's bloodline, or Lamido Hayatou Galim's bloodline (Hayatou does look stereotypically West African though).

In regards to Senegalese Fulani, are you counting the Haal'pulaaren (Tukulors) alongside the Fulbe. Even though Tukulors and Fulbe speak the same language some people don't consider Tukulors original Fulbe. Some view them as Serer or Wolof that became "Fulanized" ....

To me, the most nomadic Fulbe that don't mix represent the purest of the Fulbe. Senegalbe has become very Wolofnized that I can't tell you for certain that they are 100% Fulbe anymore. Though, I'm sure you will still find 100% Fulbe in Senegal/Mauritania like you can in Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon and Mali.

When I see a Fulani from Guinea or Senegal, I can recognise them immediately. The only difference is the accent in which we speak our respective Fulfulde/Pulaar languages. It's like an American speaking to a British but they both speak English.

So I imagine that you are aware of the bloodlines of the "pure" Fulanis? I guess you know that they exist fulani maccudos (slaves), who are slaves but fulanis in origin. A very powerful figure of my country was recently dubbed to be one (I won't cite his name, don't want to end up in jail).
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
tpiadotcom:

quite true.

Very true
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

So there are original and imitation Fulbe. Who are the original and the imitation ones? Are Tukuleurs rimaybe? I follow your contributions when I can because you are very down to earth and cultured but as a curious person I can't help but wonder some assertions.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

What is the sterotypical West African look? Have you ever been to Senegal? These people with griots from centuries must be aware of their bloodlines, more than us. They may think the same things you are saying from you. If we were to retrace bloodlines Fulaman Senegal would be the least mixed. And I hate talking about blood purity just because it is so sensitive and really not important, to me it sounds kinda racist.
Let's not derail this interesting thread
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 12:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:

So I imagine that you are aware of the bloodlines of the "pure" Fulanis? I guess you know that they exist fulani maccudos (slaves), who are slaves but fulanis in origin. A very powerful figure of my country was recently dubbed to be one (I won't cite his name, don't want to end up in jail).

I am aware of the Maccube (slaves, maccudo for singular, maccube for plural). Do they monitor your connection in Senegal dear?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:

So there are original and imitation Fulbe. Who are the original and the imitation ones? Are Tukuleurs rimaybe? I follow your contributions when I can because you are very down to earth and cultured but as a curious person I can't help but wonder some assertions.

I don't know how the Senegalese Fulbe classify the Tukulor, but one Senegalese Fulani once told me that Tukulors and Fulbe typically don't get along that they are our enemies (I don't know if that is true because I have some Tukulor friends on Facebook and they are very friendly to me). However, he said that despite the fact we speak the same language and often the Tukulor are referred to as sub-group of Fulbe.

Do you consider someone like Demba Ba for example a Tukulor or actual Fulani? He only spoke Pulaar/Fulfulde at home when growing up. To me, I consider them Fulani, but to some other Fulani in Nigeria, they view them as Rimaybe (like Julde Camara).

The thing about the Tukulor is that they don't practise real Pulaaku. Most of them are Fishermen living on the border of Senegal and Mauritania (like Baaba Maal for example who hails from Podor). As you know Fulbe are renowned for being Waynaabe (herdsmen). The only real distinction between the Tukulor and the typical Fulani is mainly in cultural practises. One is a Fisherman, the other is a Herdsman.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:

What is the sterotypical West African look? Have you ever been to Senegal? These people with griots from centuries must be aware of their bloodlines, more than us. They may think the same things you are saying from you. If we were to retrace bloodlines Fulaman Senegal would be the least mixed. And I hate talking about blood purity just because it is so sensitive and really not important, to me it sounds kinda racist.
Let's not derail this interesting thread

I am aware that Senegambians are different from other West Africans. Pardon my stupid phrase "stereotypically west african" because there is no one West African look.

We have griots too in Nigeria/Cameroon/Niger. I'm not talking about blood purity to be racist, however from what I have seen, If you look at Fulani accents from Senegal all the way to Sudan, the Tukulor way of speaking Pulaar/Fulfulde sounds very Wolofnized/Serer. If you listen to the way I speak Fulfulde or the way someone from Mali speaks Fulfulde, or how someone like a Guineejo like OmarBah speaks Pulaar/Fulfulde you can see a bit of a link, but even other Fulanis from neighbouring countries say that sometimes Senegalbe are a bit harder to understand than other nations. Even as far as Nigeria/Cameroon, I have no issues understanding people from Mali or Burkina Faso and even from time to time Guinea. But when we get to Senegal, things are a bit different.

It actually took some time for me to get used to the Futankoobe style of Pulaar/Fulfulde and I thank my friends on Facebook and KJPF for it. Again, not trying to sound like a bigot talking about bloodlines, I love all African people and I'm sure you are quite a beautiful woman yourself.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 12:28am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't know how the Senegalese Fulbe classify the Tukulor, but one Senegalese Fulani once told me that Tukulors and Fulbe typically don't get along that they are our enemies (I don't know if that is true because I have some Tukulor friends on Facebook and they are very friendly to me). However, he said that despite the fact we speak the same language and often the Tukulor are referred to as sub-group of Fulbe.

Do you consider someone like Demba Ba for example a Tukulor or actual Fulani? He only spoke Pulaar/Fulfulde at home when growing up. To me, I consider them Fulani, but to some other Fulani in Nigeria, they view them as Rimaybe (like Julde Camara).

The thing about the Tukulor is that they don't practise real Pulaaku. Most of them are Fishermen living on the border of Senegal and Mauritania (like Baaba Maal for example who hails from Podor). As you know Fulbe are renowned for being Waynaabe (herdsmen). The only real distinction between the Tukulor and the typical Fulani is mainly in cultural practises. One is a Fisherman, the other is a Herdsman.

No, most Toucoulors are farmers and clerics, coranic teachers. The cuballo are fishermen, bear often names like Sarr, Gaye, Maal etc but also typical Fulani names. There is a caste among the Toucoulors who are Gaynaabe (herders). Being sedentary is basically by choice not by ethnicity, some sedentary fulani are assimilated to toucouleurs. Richer fulani tend to abandon nomadism or to practice semi pastoralism. As it is the norm now in the Senegalese dieri.

Who are those they? A big chunk of Nigerian Fulas speak hausa. It is from Nigeria that we hear the term hausa-fulani.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 12:29am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

Our ennemies: A big word, I guess the "our" is you pullos hehe. El hadj Omar was a typical tukulor, if you know the man well you'll understand. I don't think tukulors need validations from other fulani. Go to fouta tooro and repeat your phrase to any toucoulor, I don't dare to do it, but you can try. cheesy
Tukulors are pullos, yes they are a subgroup because most of them are sedentary. They are not a recent group Ndiadiane Ndiaye mother was Toucouleur and Ndiadiane was born in the 11th century. They insist to differentiate themselves because they are special people, I don't want to badmouth them grin.

Demba Ba mother is Soninke. He is both by bloodline: Toucouleur/Soninke. What he defines himself culturally I wouldn't know as I don't know him personnally, but I think he is pretty close to the Toucouleur side.

1 Like

Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 12:49am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

I am aware that Senegambians are different from other West Africans. Pardon my stupid phrase "stereotypically west african" because there is no one West African look.

We have griots too in Nigeria/Cameroon/Niger. I'm not talking about blood purity to be racist, however from what I have seen, If you look at Fulani accents from Senegal all the way to Sudan, the Tukulor way of speaking Pulaar/Fulfulde sounds[b] very Wolofnized/Serer[/b]. If you listen to the way I speak Fulfulde or the way someone from Mali speaks Fulfulde, or how someone like a Guineejo like OmarBah speaks Pulaar/Fulfulde you can see a bit of a link, but even other Fulanis from neighbouring countries say that sometimes Senegalbe are a bit harder to understand than other nations. Even as far as Nigeria/Cameroon, I have no issues understanding people from Mali or Burkina Faso and even from time to time Guinea. But when we get to Senegal, things are a bit different.

It actually took some time for me to get used to the Futankoobe style of Pulaar/Fulfulde and I thank my friends on Facebook and KJPF for it. Again, not trying to sound like a bigot talking about bloodlines, I love all African people and I'm sure you are quite a beautiful woman yourself.

True, but to make it clear the only reason why senegalese fulani sounds so different to you is because fulani basically originate from the fouta valley as you know. Now I've heard fanciful assertions (not from you or omar bah) about fulani culture and people. It's not that complicated.
From the desertification of sahara to the end of the Tekrour empires; fulani, wolofs, soninke, moors, serer and all these groups lived together. At that time fulani were not in contact with hausas or the other groups they live with today.
They were living with their neighbours and there have been intermixing among the different groups from that time. Intermixing in marriages, customs, languages etc
That form of fulani you hear (the senegalese) one was probably exported to other places during their different migrations and then it changed when it came in contact of other cultures, because whether we accept it or not fulani have never lived in isolation, they are a very open people, that is the reason why they have been able to conqueer all these kingdoms.
Now I understand your confusion because young fulanis of senegal and mauritania think that it is more swagg to speak wolof or to mix wolof with their language, there is thus a street style fulani version mixed with wolof, french or english words. It's the one you hear the most often with some young people.

Thank you for the compliment, I was thinking about myself when I said that non fulanis can look fulani. I look very fulani and yet I am not. So I understand your explanation about the looks.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 12:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:

No, most Toucoulors are farmers and clerics, coranic teachers. The cuballo are fishermen, bear often names like Sarr, Gaye, Maal etc but also typical Fulani names. There is a caste among the Toucoulors who are Gaynaabe (herders). Being sedentary is basically by choice not by ethnicity, some sedentary fulani are assimilated to toucouleurs. Richer fulani tend to abandon nomadism or to practice semi pastoralism. As it is the norm now in the Senegalese dieri.

Who are those they? A big chunk of Nigerian Fulas speak hausa. It is from Nigeria that we hear the term hausa-fulani.

That's a bit of mis-information. Also Gaynaako (is singular) Waynaabe is Plural for herdsmen. Hausa-Fulani are usually Fulani who only speak Hausa but live in NW Nigeria. However, in Nigeria there are 3 Pure Fulani states. They are Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba. In these states Fulfulde numbers about 11 million native speakers when combined. Cameroon Adamawa is part of the region too. The Wodaabe Fulbe speak the exact same dialect that is spoken in North Eastern Nigeria.

However, If NW Fulanis spoke the language still it would be the same dialect as the one spoken in Western Niger (and Northern Benin Republic). So there are Fulanis in Nigera and there are Hausa-Fulanis (Fulanis who can't speak Fulfulde but only Hausa). However, the two groups have very different practices and cultures. I for instance am not a Hausa-Fulani.

It's like Mali, you have the Wassolou and the actual Fulbe. Same thing in Nigeria.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 1:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:
[/b]

True, but to make it clear the only reason why senegalese fulani sounds so different to you is because fulani basically originate from the fouta valley as you know. Now I've heard fanciful assertions (not from you or omar bah) about fulani culture and people. It's not that complicated.
From the desertification of sahara to the end of the Tekrour empires; fulani, wolofs, soninke, moors, serer and all these groups lived together. At that time fulani were not in contact with hausas or the other groups they live with today.
They were living with their neighbours and there have been intermixing among the different groups from that time. Intermixing in marriages, customs, languages etc
That form of fulani you hear (the senegalese) one was probably exported to other places during their different migrations and then it changed when it came in contact of other cultures, because whether we accept it or not fulani have never lived in isolation, they are a very open people, that is the reason why they have been able to conqueer all these kingdoms.

Thank you for the compliment, I was thinking about myself when I said that non fulanis can look fulani. I look very fulani and yet I am not. So I understand your explanation about the looks.

The way and the accent we use to speak Fulfulde doesn't sound anything like Hausa though. It sounds less Harsh than Pulaar in Senegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_CzKOy2dk - How Fulfulde sounds in Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Sudan, and Central African Republic

compared to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAVEICAXSb0
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 1:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's a bit of mis-information. Also Gaynaako (is singular) Waynaabe is Plural for herdsmen. Hausa-Fulani are usually Fulani who only speak Hausa but live in NW Nigeria. However, in Nigeria there are 3 Pure Fulani states. They are Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba. In these states Fulfulde numbers about 11 million native speakers when combined. Cameroon Adamawa is part of the region too. The Wodaabe Fulbe speak the exact same dialect that is spoken in North Eastern Nigeria.

However, If NW Fulanis spoke the language still it would be the same dialect as the one spoken in Western Niger (and Northern Benin Republic). So there are Fulanis in Nigera and there are Hausa-Fulanis (Fulanis who can't speak Fulfulde but only Hausa). However, the two groups have very different practices and cultures. I for instance am not a Hausa-Fulani.

It's like Mali, you have the Wassolou and the actual Fulbe. Same thing in Nigeria.

Fulanis mixed with hausa. It's what they are.
Yep thanks for the clarification, Serer use that word too.
Woodabe are mbororos right? Abubakar is from Adamawa if I recall.

1 Like

Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 1:08am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:
[/b]

Now I understand your confusion because young fulanis of senegal and mauritania thik that it is more swagg to speak wolof or to mix wolof with their language, there are thus a street style fulani version mixed with wolof, french or english words. It's the one you hear the most often with some young people.

I thought that you said that you have Fulani blood ROFL.....
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 1:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

I thought that you said that you have Fulani blood ROFL.....

I sure have, but I am not fulani. What's so funny about that?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 1:11am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

Wassoulous are fulbe-mandingues, they are mixed somehow, but they retained their fulani culture.

1 Like

Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 1:12am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:

Fulanis mixed with hausa. It's what they are.
Yep thanks for the clarification, Serer use that word too.
Woodabe are mbororos right? Abubakar is from Adamawa if I recall.

Yes just like Wassolou are Fulanis mixed with Mande. Wodaabe are indeed Mbororo'en. Atiku Abubakar is from Adamawa, correct. But Adamawa is also a very interesting state as it is comprised of many different ethnicities.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Fulaman198(m): 1:13am On Jun 27, 2015
Takamba:

Wassoulous are fulbe-mandingues, they are mixed somehow, but they retained their fulani culture.

But I've seen Wassolous who can't speak Fulfulde. Some can, like Oumou Sangaré. But the majority I don't think can. But yes, a lot most definitely can.
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 1:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

The way and the accent we use to speak Fulfulde doesn't sound anything like Hausa though. It sounds less Harsh than Pulaar in Senegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_CzKOy2dk - How Fulfulde sounds in Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Sudan, and Central African Republic

compared to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAVEICAXSb0

I know that you are Wodaabe and I understand your concern for your people. But Wodaabes are about 3 millions reparted in 5 countries, some of them have started to emigrate in DR Congo from centrafrique. They are a minority what about the majority?
Re: Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent by Takamba: 1:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

But I've seen Wassolous who can't speak Fulfulde. Some can, like Oumou Sangaré. But the majority I don't think can. But yes, a lot most definitely can.

Wassoulous are famous for their inability to speak fulbe in Mali. A lot of their ancestors have been exterminated that's why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Origin Of The Name Yoruba / The Story Of The Legendary Farmer Turned Warrior, Lisabi / Ooni Inaugurates National Orisa Day In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.