Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? (14812 Views)

Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven / Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? / Was Elijah Assumed Into Heaven Before Mary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2017
Junia:

He was teaching him earthly things and he wasn't believeing
Anf Jesus saif what if He tell him heavenly things
Note that Nichodemus was a teacher
So Jesus was telling him that among all the teachers He is the only one who has been to heaven.
Read vs 11 nd 12

Any difference between " No man " and " No teacher " ?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
MizJanet:

Any difference between " No man " and " No teacher " ?
You are reading it as it is dear Unbelievers cannot understand it That was why Jesus said the Holy Spirit will teach us all things .. You don't have the Holy Spirit if u aint a Christian So don't expect to understand it I won't argue with a non believer ( if you are one )

1 Like

Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 12:28am On Jan 30, 2017
Junia:

You are reading it as it is dear

Just imagine! So I should Read it upside down , abi ?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by oaroloye(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Did anyone ascend into heaven before Jesus or not?

Genesis 5:24; 2 Kings 2:11 and John 3:13

Yes:
"And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

"Then it came about as they were going along and talking, that behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven" (2 Kings 2:11).

"By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God" (Hebrews 11:5).

No:
"And no one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, even the Son of Man" (John 3:13)

YAHSHUA WAS NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH, BUT ARAMAIC. Therefore, we cannot expect his speech patterns to follow the same rules as we are familiar with in English.

In the King James Bible, you see words italicized; that means that those words were not in the Greek Text, but the translators had to add them, so that English speakers could understand the meaning.

Therefore, when Yahshua said that no one had ascended into Heaven, he obviously meant, NO ONE OF THAT ERA had ascended into Heaven.

He was surely aware of Enoch, Moses, and Elijah- besides others History has forgotten- who ascended into Heaven.

People probably ascend into Heaven all the time- it is just that they forgot to tell you first- how rude of them!

All it takes is SPIRITUAL ENERGY.

The South American Indians practiced some techniques. You must restore up to 40-50% of your Spirit Energy reserve (1%, "normally,) to be able to enter Heaven with your Physical Body.

Whether you are SINFUL or RIGHTEOUS is IRRELEVANT. If you have the Power to GO, you can GO.

A SINNER going to Heaven is like a WANTED CRIMINAL gatecrashing a party for the COMMISSIONER OF POLICE'S SON.

No "Menu-Menu" is SWEETER- but if they "GIT" you, you are welcomed with open arms- and closed fists! Such a one is given a guided tour of the dungeon.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Great0:

Time now for Atheists in the House.....also praying for you to repent

Amen! cheesy
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2017
Junia:

You shouldnt read scriptures out of context

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

The gist of John 3:12-13 is this: “I'm teaching you earthly things and you still don't understand. What if i start teaching you things about heaven. None of your earthly teachers can really teach you about heaven, because none of them have actually been there. However, I have been there. In fact, it is My home. I have come to you from heaven, and I have brought with Me experiential knowledge of that place. My testimony carries weight; I can tell you the truth about salvation.”

I thought the quesiton was "Did anyone ascend to heaven before Jesus?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

There were all taken to where Abraham and all righteousmen where taken before Jesus created the way.
Jesus death and resurrection created the way to heaven.

How about Enoch and Elijah? were they also taken to Abraham's bosom? undecided
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I thought the quesiton was "Did anyone ascend to heaven before Jesus?
Yes. Elijah .. Enoch
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2017
Junia:

Yes. Elijah .. Enoch

Good job. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wow. The Bible 'God' Killed More People Than 'Satan' Ever Did. / Christianity Vs. Satanism / The True Definition Of Athiesm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.