Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? (4106 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / 20 Romantically Whack Photoshop Tweaks / Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:45am On Feb 25, 2006
nigerian men grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Kadeejah(f): 12:28am On Jun 29, 2006
hhhmmm never been wit a nigerian guy undecided really are they that unromantic?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by eveseh(f): 4:26am On Jun 29, 2006
lol sexy kadee
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by biggpin(m): 7:35am On Jun 29, 2006
hey,
i thnk u all keep meeting d wrong guys, evry nationality has d unromantic type, u cant say all nigeria men r unromantic, i bet u havent met 50 of dem, so ur judgement is unfair, pray for luck, Nigerian guys r d most romantic on planet earth.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Tsuki(f): 1:44am On Oct 05, 2006
lol i have had this happen to me also here are some that have happend to me , IN AMERICA

'if you where a bugger i'd pick you first"

are your legs tired becaue you have been runnin through my mind all day

did you just fart cus you just blew me away

-_-'

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by neelsel(f): 2:41am On Oct 05, 2006
I don't know,
Maybe it's a cultural thing?
I really don't know,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by adconline(m): 4:24am On Oct 05, 2006
Yesterday, it was Nigerian men's infidelity; today it’s their unromantic nature. Would it be suffice to say that most naija  women in Diaspora are facially and sexually challenged? NO.  Your first encounter with some of them would leave you asking where some of them were born. They will frown and pretend not to know what you want to do. They will be first to tell you that Naija men are not interested in them. Some of them cannot date a Non-Nigerian, white. AA's yet they still find out time to think that Naija  men behave alike. Naija men have leapfrogged. I think some Naija women are culturally held down than their male counterparts. Most still think that money is more important than romance in their own context. Or that they can have it both ways. Na lie

Check out this post
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19369.0.html

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by segun111(m): 4:41am On Oct 05, 2006
Why are we [Nigerians] romantically challenged? First of all it is true that we WERE romantically challenged because romance wasn't taught in most family homes growing up in Nigeria, futhermore, most of us which includes me didn't witness what romance was between my folks. Since we live by example there was no example for most of us to emulate, also, most school in Nigeria when I was there didn't teach anything remotely related to romance.

However, most of our younger generation are far more advance in that field, credit goes to technology such as TV and the availability of computers in our motherland and I for one I am greatful. Yes, there is romance with Nigerians now and I for one was a witness when I was home recently.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by tukur2002n(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2006
@Chigszy (f)
it is sad to say but a lot of nigerian guys i have meet or talked to who tried to be romantic just don't have it in them, they start reciting poetry to you and these kind of poetry are not the ones to blow your mind away they are the kind of poems that makes you want to punch them and ask them to shut up. i actually told a guy off because he was just getting on my nerve, and the poems that he apparently came up with were lyrics from couple of songs that i recognised,

their favourite happens to be lyrics from boys II men, and the lines are ridiculous like this guy said oh "that before he met me he was not breathing and then me met and he started breathing"!!!!!!!, a whole load of crap. i was thinking men i could just kill you right now, that is sooooooo rediculous and Annoying and i feel embarassed for them because they think that they are really good,

are you guys lacking in imagination or just struggling with English?

sad, sad, sad!!!!!

how many Nija guy u don meet?
well i won't blame you na those mumu we reach abroad forget culture wey dey go try immitate the white mans culture .
back home from the genesis of african love we are known to be very romantic anciently if going by our African way of doing it u will find it more intresting than all the bull shit lyrics u guyz do over there thats why i love to be the original african guy i am (Proudly african joo). cool cool
do me a favour refer those crap to me here 4 tutorials ok. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by ST3V3(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2007
Tsuki:

lol i have had this happen to me also here are some that have happend to me , IN AMERICA

'if you where a bugger i'd pick you first"

are your legs tired becaue you have been runnin through my mind all day

did you just fart cus you just blew me away

-_-'
Chai,the guy suppose chop SLAP!

* Romance is making dinner so that when you get home from work you can just eat and relax and not have to stand at the stove for an additional hour. Romance is Helping you with the house chores and the laundry. Romance is making sure that when he goes to the market he remembers to pick up the snacks you like to munch on and making sure the beverages you love are always on hand. Romance is rubbing your feet after a hard day. Romance is cuddling with you and whispering sweet words in your ear(even if they are cheesy). Romance is going 30 to 45 minutes out of his way just to pick up from work because he knows you do not have a car just to keep you from having to ride the bus or call a cab. Romance is callling you everyday just to say he loves you and to see how your day went. Romance is uploading your picture onto his computer desktop just so he can look at you all day at work. Romance is kissing you good morning and telling you how beautiful you are. You see these things are very basic and cheap really but they involve time and care. Ant man can buy things when he has the resources, but that does not mean he loves you, it just means he opened his wallet, big deal! But spending time with you or taking time to remember and consider you now that is real romance. When it comes to romance I would say Nigerian men are wonderful!! Yes Nigerian men really do the things I mentioned. Ladies you just need to open your minds and your eyes.

Thank u ma sister!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by okoomoge2(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2007
Nigerian men romantically challenged!
Hey poster , I would say u are not a tight breed( Permit me) , u deserve those unromantic 9ja guys gba!
Romance comes with creativity because one 9ja brother walked up to you n misfired dats wat bring this bullist of urs humm!
Romance comes with level of exposure dats da truth , I bet u as a person no nadda about romance as 9ja ladies are very unromantic as they donot understand what love is allbout neither do dey know what love making is.
ever heard of act of seduction or ever read the book seducing the heart!
When romance or love is mentioned 9ja ladies should stay clear.
A typical 9ja lady would settle for benjis, mr charming,yahoo boys, drug barons,armed robbers,money doublers e.t.c
she cares less about love and here comes a lady saying 9ja guys are romantically challenged .
try me and I would proof you wrong n dat if you can catch me with my pace sha, as i donot know ur background.
feel free to call me on 08023563331.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by whitelexi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2007
Well. . . Its a shame, i think this shows the kind of men you attract. I think the problem with naija is all the correct guys are now wise, so they dont get involved.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by nikkylolly(f): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2007
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait a min,  I'm still laughing,

Right, serious time

I have always wondered abt the same thing. I agree wit the girls.  The worst part is that they feel quite confident abt their shit n dat makes me laugh even more.  I just think;
gosh! u shuld cover ur face with a paper bag if u realise hw much a fool u just made of urself!

Some of them just think being romantic means 'flowers, cards and chocolate'. Ones that are not challenged in that way, av a bad sense of timing.

Sometimes I feel sorry for them and I feel like asking them if they haven't realised this is the 21st century.

Guys?? How many times I don call u (count the question marks lol  smiley)

U dey hear me so??

Abeg make u no blame poverty ooooooooooo. Dat made u sound even more lame. Poverty hasn't rubbed you of ur sense of romance. Or has it??

@ oko-omoge

If she isn't fmiliar with the word 'romance',  she wudn't av bothered abt the post.
You can't blame her if some of the girls u've been with are not up to ur taste in bed grin. U need to keep trying wink

"When romance or love is mentioned Nigeria ladies should stay clear" -  Ermm,  did i detect chauvinism here?? Discrimination against Beautiful, Intelligent, Harworking,  (d list goes on) Nigerian women Agbedo!!!

"A typical Nigeria lady would settle for benjis, mr charming,yahoo boys, drug barons,armed robbers,money doublers e.t.c" Damn! U sound bitter! It meant to be a fun post. Cheer up! smiley smiley Are u by any chance jealous of dem people?? wink

You are just lecturing sum1 abt judgin all n9ja guys by just 1 guy (which probably isn't true, cos if u know d level wey n9ja guys dey yeye demself, u no go talk like that) and u r doing the same

(by way, i didn't mean to pick on u)

@ tukur2002n

Dat was funny! How much do u charge? i myt as well send sum business ur way LMAO! grin

@ Tsuki

Gosh! Dat was awful! Did u give him sum change to buy food cos he must av been very hugry. lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by CHIMSKY(m): 12:39am On Nov 05, 2007
YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH US .WE ARE CATCHING UP BUT TO BE HONEST WITH U THIS ROMANTIC THING IS THE LEAST OF OUR WORRIES.WE'RE MORE INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by lovepope: 2:11am On Nov 05, 2007
usually me dont like ter make misef visible, me juss browse in and out of nairaland wit little or no fuss, but mi position as the love's pope wont allow me to witness the blightin' of mi fellow country men and juss do nothin'. The truth be told Nigerian men are the most Shakespearean in the whole wide world but for fear of our survival, we keep mute. for these days we be but an endangered species on the brink of extinction by our own emery hardened Sisters. in the recesses of our room, in the safe and secluded regions of dreams, we sure love to play the Knight, Sir His Romantic galloping to the rescue, to sweep fair damsels like ye lasses off thy feet, to weave the sweetest of balladry that would have made even Robert Browning and Wordsworth turn green-eyed with envy, but these days that is surely equivalent to SUICIDE!!!!. Me speak for all Naija lads when me say we have learnt albeit the hard way, to hide the poets within us, ter pretend we are part of unfeeling unyeilding world, for tis but an established fable that Naija Ladies love Terminator kind of guys, men with few words, not out of choice but out of a limited diction. These days we play cupid's game by their rules. we write you pieces of Music, that you never get to see, inscribe thy names on oaks and elms. but you never get to know, buy you roses and gifts you never get to see!!!. Love You till non compos mentis but it never shows! We live in a sick world, is it any wonder then that love too be ill?

To Chigsy and Co,  Love indeed be Naija and continue ter be so!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by chika98: 3:06am On Nov 05, 2007
What naija men have you guys been meeting?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Kinkinatus(m): 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2009
Why are Nigerian men romantically challenged? Two things:- Upbringing and lack of enlightenment in this age of information.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2009
Depends on what you think romance is. You would only kill me with boredom if you do what you see in movies. If there's love, anything you do automatically becomes romantic. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Smi1(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nigeria guys are not romantic due to ladies material interest !!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by eridah2007(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2010
9GA GUYS CAN ONLY BE ROMANTIC IF YOU WANT THEM TO BE. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Meekzy(f): 10:35am On Feb 26, 2010
Obviously they r 2 b romatic but it is not working.ladies try 2 teach them & u wil enjoy it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by VPG: 2:41am On Feb 28, 2010
Some guys are gud with words some aren't the fact that the ones that are not good are trying should be romantic enough for you girls. Instead of making fun of the wordings just cherish the damn thing an stop whining.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by agathamari(f): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2010
this thread is from 2005
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by Princek12(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2010
I guess more Nigerian men will learn to be romantic when more Nigerian women become more responsive to being romanced rather than being responsive to being wooed by money and/or material things.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by lola19(f): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2010
before u i was not breathing one word FOOOOL!! so what the hell was he doing b4 hovering? !!! or was he a spirit!!! nonsense,

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by H2O2: 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
Dear lord, please where do I begin to decrypt the cryptic post above mine.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by lola19(f): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2010
H2O2:

Dear lord, please where do I begin to decrypt the cryptic post above mine.

loooool is not hard to decrypt all dese lines are cheesy funi sometymz creepy etc etc etc, notin do mi ,

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by snowdrops(m): 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2010
Another daft question
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by H2O2: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2010
lola19:

loooool is not hard to decrypt all dese lines are cheesy funi sometymz creepy etc etc etc, notin do mi ,
okay don't vex o lola i just couldn't understand
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by lola19(f): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2010
H2O2:

okay don't vex o lola i just couldn't understand

looool iz kl no wahala,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by H2O2: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2010
lola19:

looool iz kl no wahala,
okay nau no yawa. takia woman.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Romantically Challenged? by chic2pimp(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2010
. . . Or You Could Ask Why Are Nigerian Women Romantically Challenged? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Date a Blue-Collar (Manual) Worker? / Pastor Kumuyi Remarries In Uk / Ever Dated An Abookii Or Mallam Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.