Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce (1876 Views)

Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes / Agitation For Biafra Is Nonsense - (TIC) The Igbo Conscience Leaders / The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:36am On Jun 21, 2015
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2015
No truce...

These Igbo think tanks are same people behind the disrespect and insult of our people and our Oba on our own land. The call for truce has no sincerity, they are reacting now asking for peace because they realize the impending loss if Yorubas kick them out of Lagos. It has dawned on them they need Yorubaland for survival.

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
No truce...

These Igbo think tanks are same people behind the disrespect and insult of our people and our Oba on our own land. The call for truce has no sincerity, they are reacting now asking for peace because they realize the impending loss if Yorubas kick them out of Lagos. It has dawned on them they need Yorubaland for survival.

u guys keep saying we will, we will, yet since time immemorial nothing has happened, u guys shud come out and act once in ur life abeg... nobody is begging u guys...

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2015
disumusa:
the pains with ibo is that they now know that they can rule nigeria, as a result of their hatered
stop quoting me, u illiterate.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nature129(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
No truce...

It's easier to write. The day Yorubas will attack Igbos in Lagos, that may just mark the end of Nigeria...something the Igbos have always wanted.

Peace is key for ONE Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Nature129:

It's easier to write. The day Yorubas will attack Igbos in Lagos, that may just mark the end of Nigeria...something the Igbos have always wanted.

Peace is key for ONE Nigeria
Lie, highest people wud die on both sides, people wud run with there bags to there respective regions and dats all... any Easterner dat is attacked in d west and comes back home and is expecting a revenge attack is wasting his time, the East is and wud always be welcome to other tribes. Yoruba inclusive.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
No truce...

Guy
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by whitecat1: 11:22am On Jun 21, 2015
Why are you now talking about "conscience" if we aren't doing something right?

I see you have death wish. We have you where we need you and we will finish this our way and you won't know what hits you. Just one tiny action your leaders are convulsing, wait and see!

lygn19:
we won't do anything, Dats y we are tired of hearing the we will, we wud soon, very soon. U guys shud stop making noise and act for once in ur life.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by StOla: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2015
I do not support any form of violence against any ethnic group, especially when there's been no physical attack to react to.

I however support a calculated and persistent reorientation of the Igbo mindset by way of treating them the way others are treated in their own region.

Don't appoint them as commissioner, they'll only demand for governor.
Don't entertain any visit by any of their Eze Ndigbo of any local government, they'll only ask that you also start funding their cultural festivals within Yoruba land.
For any rally they hold asking for rights they have not granted migrants in their own enclave, hold a counter rally 10 times bigger telling them Hell No.
Don't sell them your land. Land is everything to the average Igbo, to them it is like winning a war within enemy territory. They will gloat about it, claiming they have bought all the land in Lagos.
When you put them in their place, they will learn to be humble. This humility is just a trick to launch a 2nd attempt at overcoming your restrictions.

Lastly, treat them as your enemy. They do not love themselves, so they can never love you their enemy tribe.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2015
StOla:
I do not support any form of violence against any ethnic group, especially when there's been no physical attack to react to.

I however support a calculated and persistent reorientation of the Igbo mindset by way of treating them the way others are treated in their own region.

Don't appoint them as commissioner, they'll only demand for governor.
Don't entertain any visit by any of their Eze Ndigbo of any local government, they'll only ask that you also start funding their cultural festivals within Yoruba land.
For any rally they hold asking for rights they have not granted migrants in their own enclave, hold a counter rally 10 times bigger telling them Hell No.
Don't sell them your land. Land is everything to the average Igbo, to them it is like winning a war within enemy territory. They will gloat about it, claiming they have bought all the land in Lagos.
When you put them in their place, they will learn to be humble. This humility is just a trick to launch a 2nd attempt at overcoming your restrictions.

Lastly, treat them as your enemy. They do not love themselves, so they can never love you their enemy tribe.
lemme add one, revoke der C of O's...
Make sure there businesses pay higher taxes, any business dat doesn't pay shud close down, come up with toll gates in igbo dominated areas, and for state schools increase cut off marks for igbos, I can still add more. Igbos must go back to there land.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2015
We heard threats during d deportation Saga, the we will, we wud soon, etc, we heard threats during Faani Kayode saga,yet nothing, we heard threats during d Lagoon saga, yet nothing... noise makers.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by whitecat1: 11:38am On Jun 21, 2015
No threat from here, just telling you what's coming to you, lay low on the anxiety of what's going to happen, this will be done on our own terms!

lygn19:
Hmmmmmm, wait and see, another threat, abeg u guys shud shutup, do sth for once in ur life... noise makers.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2015
whitecat1:
No threat from here, just telling you what's coming to you, lay low on the anxiety of what's going to happen, this will be done on our term!
guy stop quoting me abeg, noise makers.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by StOla: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
lemme add one, revoke der C of O's...
Make sure there businesses pay higher taxes, any business dat doesn't pay shud close down, come up with toll gates in igbo dominated areas, and for state schools increase cut off marks for igbos, I can still add more. Igbos must go back to there land.

I have no problem living with Igbos within the SouthWest or Lagos. My problem is they have not learnt to live in peace with their hosts.

Are Igbos the only migrants in Lagos? Has anyone mentioned any other tribe being a nuisance in Lagos? Why are they always in the news asking for rights they have not afforded anyone in their own domain?

If the Igbos cannot love their hosts and respect their customs, rather asking to establish their own customs in foreign land, then they should feel free to return to a land with a tradition that is theirs.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by gambit10: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
u guys keep saying we will, we will, yet since time immemorial nothing has happened, u guys shud come out and act once in ur life abeg... nobody is begging u guys...

we started ur deportation one time and the whole country almost went ablaze

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2015
StOla:

I have no problem living with Igbos within the SouthWest or Lagos. My problem is they have not learnt to live in peace with their hosts.

Are Igbos the only migrants in Lagos? Has anyone mentioned any other tribe being a nuisance in Lagos? Why are they always in the news asking for rights they have not afforded anyone in their own domain?

If the Igbos cannot love their hosts and respect their customs, rather asking to establish their own customs in foreign land, then they should feel free to return to a land with a tradition that is theirs.

Did d igbo's wake up one day and start burning yoruba shrines?
Did igbos attack d yoruba masquerades,
Wen u hold ur carnivals don't igbos attend and celebrate with u, ur problem is dat igbos are demanding for more rights in Lagos, read my lips if someone like Fashola was to contest in my state election, I wud vote for him, if someone like Akpabio contents, I wud vote for him first before I eva vote fir someone like Clifford Orji in my state imo.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2015
gambit10:

we started ur deportation one time and the whole country almost went ablaze
The people who almost went ablaze are people who can't see beyond der nose.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by T8ksy(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2015
NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!!!

Ibos must be taught once and for all to show respect when they are on our ancestral turf.

Lagos is not a "No man's land "...........

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by whitecat1: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hehehe! See who wants to sound intelligent in broad daylight and pull wool over people's eyes grin grin grin When the whole world knows that it takes human to be humane and things of this nature aren't part of your makeup. Abeg get the mumu choir to preach to, not here!

lygn19:

Did d igbo's wake up one day and start burning yoruba shrines?
Did igbos attack d yoruba masquerades,
Wen u hold ur carnivals don't igbos attend and celebrate with u, ur problem is dat igbos are demanding for more rights in Lagos, read my lips if someone like Fashola was to contest in my state election, I wud vote for him, if someone like Akpabio contents, I wud vote for him first before I eva vote fir someone like Clifford Orji in my state imo.

1 Like

(1) (2)

UK Columnist Slams Nigerians All Because Of Diezani / TAXES: Ekiti Seals Businesses As Igbo Traders Protest / Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.