Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North (3589 Views)

Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides / Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2015
After accepting the Ahmed Joda-led Transition Committee recommendations of a “small government” which entails pruning the number of ministers from 42 to 19‎, President Muhammadu Buhari may appoint 12 senior ministers from the North.

Sunday Mirror also gathered that most of the service chiefs and some other top security chiefs will also come from the North.

The President is expected to implement key recommendations of the report, especially those proposing lean cabinet structure as a way of cutting recurrent expenditure and freeing up funds for capital projects.

According to a source, the committee recommended only 19 senior ministers and 17 (junior) ministers of state totaling 36 in line with constitutional provision of one minister per state.

Top on the list of the ministries to be manned by Northern politicians and technocrats include education, defence, FCT, finance, Justice, police affairs, foreign affairs and the newly-created ministry of energy amongst others.

According to the source, “President Buhari has already drawn his list in line with the Joda committee recommendation and has accepted to work with only 19 ministers who will man key ministries. The list which will be sent to National Assembly this week is already been screened by the security agencies.

“The list though as expected has more northerners but like you know, ‎the North has more states than the South. Again, the intention is not to make one region dominate the other but purely because of competence and the expertise of the persons chosen.

“It is believed that once the screening is concluded, this ministerial nominees will be in the public domain. They are Nigerians that have proved their worth‎ and I can assure you that you will appreciate the thoroughness of Mr. President in making the selection.”

‎Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has said that it would continue to play active role as an opposition party,

The PDP in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh yesterday said the party is re-engineering and repositions to regain power in 2019.

The leadership said recent political events in the country have continued to vindicate the PDP as “the only true national platform committed to the national interest, where all citizens as equal partners are free to hold opinion and aspire to any position, no matter how high, without regard to creed, class or ethnic considerations and in which no individual or group of individuals can claim ownership or attempt to appropriate control.”

Stating that it has since overcome the setback of the last general elections, the PDP said as a party founded on the principles of freedom, equality, justice and national unity, its spirit “is still alive and stronger, now more than ever before, in the minds of most Nigerians and families in all the nooks and crannies of the country”.

The leadership therefore charged its members in all the wards, local government and states of the federation to close ranks, double their efforts and continue to work with their leaders at all levels to ensure that the PDP comes out stronger to regain power at the center and in its traditional states come 2019.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/buhari-to-appoint-12-senior-ministers-from-north/
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by piicity(m): 6:46am On Jun 21, 2015
Buhari abeg do wetin you wan do quick so we go get free electricity
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by agarawu23(m): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2015
OK na
let's wait n see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by madridguy(m): 6:53am On Jun 21, 2015
North or no North make Nigeria move forward is my concern.

God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by SSPX(m): 6:56am On Jun 21, 2015
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by seunmsg(m): 6:57am On Jun 21, 2015
The appointments have not been made and the media are already trying to cause ethnic and tribal crisis. 36 ministers will be appointed from all the states in the country and they will be deployed to various ministries based on their qualification and experience. All this publications that are aimed at causing crisis for the president will fail. What Nigerians want is result and nothing else. Nothing concerns us with where majority of the senior ministers are from.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by omenka(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2015
If he likes, he can appoint all the ministers from Haiti, I don't care as far as they can get the job done.

And all these speculation about appointments is beginning to bore me honestly. When the list is eventually released, we'd all see who's who.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by phlemzy: 6:59am On Jun 21, 2015
All this crappy reports. Headline says "to appoint", the first paragraph says " may appoint". Speculation as this is made to promote sales. The day to do the officiating listing isn't far anymore,so we're not going to start unnecessary debate about the new government favouring one geo-pol zone over another.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by ZackiGp(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2015
Another fake news!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by egift(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2015
Speculations! Speculations!! Speculations!!!

Enemies of progress cooking and serving FAKE news and confusion since the fall of the Zoologist grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by DropShot: 7:00am On Jun 21, 2015
Enough of this speculation already.

Mod, please do not take this to the FP. We've had enough of this kind speculative news.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by omenka(m): 7:02am On Jun 21, 2015
seunmsg:
The appointments have not been made and the media are already trying to cause ethnic and tribal crisis. 36 ministers will be appointed from all the states in the country and they will be deployed to various ministries based on their qualification and experience. All this publications that are aimed at causing crisis for the president will fail.
Exactly my sentiment. People are just hell bent on causing trouble in the country. Was irritated yesterday when I saw the title of an article published in one of the media houses- "FG declares war on south south militants". I just didn't understand what the "south south" was doing there is not to stir up ethnic sentiments.

Just a shame what some people do under "freedom of speech".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by kuuljay(m): 7:02am On Jun 21, 2015
if he like he can appoint all of them from daura I wouldn't mind if they can do the job.i have had the privilege of having a half brother as a former minister it didn't change my life one bit.away with tribalism and sectionalism

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by seunmsg(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2015
omenka:
Exactly my sentiment. People are just hell bent on causing trouble in the country. Was irritated yesterday when I saw the title of an article published in one of the media houses- "FG declares war on south south militants". I just didn't understand what the "south south" was doing there is not to stir up ethnic sentiments.

Most of our media houses thrives on sensational publication. And luckily for them, we have so many bigots in Nigeria and on NL here who are ready to latch on to such news and help blow it out of proportion. The tanoids will soon come here to celebrate this news.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by solarview(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2015
Fear North!
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by Burger01(m): 7:33am On Jun 21, 2015
omenka:

Very unprofessional journalists. We have them aplenty. I'm always ashamed of them. That's how you would read 'Buhari declares war on Niger Delta Youths'angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by omenka(m): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2015
Burger01:

Very unprofessional journalists. We have them aplenty. I'm always ashamed of them. That's how you would read 'Buhari declares war on Niger Delta Youths'angry
Exactly. I wonder when "kidnappers, militants, and pirates" have become "south south youths". So unfortunate honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by Burger01(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2015
omenka:
Exactly. I wonder when "kidnappers, militants, and pirates" have become "south south youths". So unfortunate honestly.
Something must be done about unprofessional journalism in Nigeria. Very pathetic.sad

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by condralbede(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2015
If he like let him appoint the 19 ministers from daura....my own be say let $1 be equivalent to #1 and massive employment to the youth.not forgetting that a ltr of fuel shld b sold at #40
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by BMedia: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2015
This is pure SPECULATION. Regardless, competence is the watch word.
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by stobery(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2015
All competent men and women are from the north, I told my people, they wouldn't listen

Na.nsense
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by ahaz: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:
Buhari abeg do wetin you wan do quick so we go get free electricity
Ok make him do wetin him wan do. If na gej nominate more southern guys Una go call am Ijaw president
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by kushma(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2015
What is this man trying to do? So he wants to put all his muslim brothers there to help boko. It is not fair I don't support this ooo
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by Nature129(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2015
So Buhari wants to make all his clueless Almajiri brothers ministerial appointments? Clueless northerners who ruined our country for over 35yrs. Pls Nigerians from the south seem more intelligent and effective in office. Eg, Adeshina, Akunyili, Charles Soludo, Doald Duke, Fashola, Omobola Johnson, etc. Our agric sector was dead until Adesina transformed it. A transformation even Buhari acknowledged.

Those appointments should be mixed to reflect true federal character...after all the north has benefited more from the so-called federal character than the south.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by ajbabs(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Southern Nigeria is full of overrated intellectuals , hence the need to appoint the highly intelligent northerns only.
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by jephito(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2015
What President Bubu does, Nigerians asked for it. That s chanji
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2015
Nature129:

So Buhari wants to make all his clueless Almajiri brothers ministerial appointments? Clueless northerners who ruined our country for over 35yrs. Pls Nigerians from the south seem more intelligent and effective in office. Eg, Adeshina, Akunyili, Charles Soludo, Doald Duke, Fashola, Omobola Johnson, etc. Our agric sector was dead until Adesina transformed it. A transformation even Buhari acknowledged.

Those appointments should be mixed to reflect true federal character...after all the north has benefited more from the so-called federal character than the south.
you must be a phool to reason this way..the same clueless almajiris voted him in. Where were the useless 'intellectuals' from s/s and s/e then. Were they not sabotaging his efforts? Despite that fact he still considers them as Nigerians so they ll still occupy some of the big seats. The same so called intellectuals from S/s and S/e ruined Nigeria during GEJ's regime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by spenca: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2015
Metuh needs to mute for a while ,he doesn't have to address press on every pin that drops
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2015
North-cracy is defined as d govt of d north by d north and for d north Yellowbars sold us out Dey will regret it
Re: Buhari To Appoint 12 Senior Ministers From North by CSTR2: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
The same north that crippled their region and this country for decades.
It is only in subsaharan africa where the backward sets constitute as ruling class for the rest and some people thinks it dosen't matter.
How can a region with terrible HDI indices constitute the ruling class for any sensible country?
Everybody will get smart one day, but not everybody will get smart on time.
Very soon, it will be too late to undo the damage and consequences caused by the "oversabi" politics and naivety of some people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Things We Love About Abuja / Race To Senate Presidency ( Photo) / What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.