Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? (3582 Views)

This Lady Can't Keep Calm After Being Engaged By Her Boyfriend Of 5-months. PICS / 10 Signs A Lady Will Definitely Become A Runs Girl / If Your Fiance/fiancee Collected This At A Buffet, How Will You React? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Is being engaged a big deal? Does it change anything? Does it mean one who is engaged can't cheat?
Do u think buyn engagement ring is important? Is the consent not ok enough?

What's ur opinion abt it?

Misssclassy
Nneka123
Redgem
Ladyboss1
Introvert
Elantraceey
Prettythicksme
Ronald4lif
Naijaboiy
Tosyne2much
Enegod
Kingtom
Thesonofmark
Pheals
Mzztega
Sinaj
Trypa
Tohphaz
DrAify
Mrschima
Mznelly
Mhizkel
Xiadnat

Cc: ishilove, lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by INTROVERT(f): 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
Here to read what others think
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2015

Being engaged doesn't stop one from cheating nor does it mean they will marry each other.
This reminds me of my nysc year, ladies( mostly Yoruba and Igbo ) with engagement ring removed it immediately they enter camp, some removed it from motor garage , only the Hausa/fulani ladies had it on from day one till end.
It takes a faithful man and a pious woman to make a beautiful marriage.
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by lokito: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
Being engaged simply means you've turned a girl to Frodo Baggins of 'Lord of the rings' who carries a ring that must be destroyed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by agarawu23(m): 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
its a pity ppl now take engagement for another thing. I blv engagement is when you feel you are capable enough to get married (financially) then you can engage a Lady and marriage follow as soon as possible but the story is not the same today.

Majority of guys think their ring is the best way to keep her down which isn't true, a lady that is yours will finally be yours because it's written already by God.

even married ppl cheat talk less of ordinary engagement.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by naijaboiy: 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Being engaged is just a sign of assurance that the partners in question will get married to each other.

It could be soon or a little later.

But it doesn't guarantee marriage. Different inevitable things may occur which will put an end to the marriage plans.

And yes,,engaged couples still do cheat a lot.

Have you not heard of women who still have sex with their exes a day before their wedding?

It's just a formal activity which doesn't really prevent any break down of the marriage plans later on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
engagement ring, is for insecure fellows undecided
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by sinaj(f): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
The poster above me is... lipsrsealed

He has said it all though.
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by enoqueen: 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
No.

Next pls..
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Am here to read comments
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Princecalm(m): 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
engagement mainly is to tell your partner that you are heading somewhere very important which might com later and not the other way you are looking at it. Cheating during engagement period is only rare because engagment last for few months in which the partners are not fed up with each other yet but when things are tied up properly, and while being tied up, a particular partner might feel caged and decide to explore.
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
sinaj:
The poster above me is... lipsrsealed

He has said it all though.
u mean tomfrench?
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Tolzeal(m): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
naijaboiy:
Being engaged is just a sign of assurance that the partners in question will get married to each other.

It could be soon or a little later.

But it doesn't guarantee marriage. Different inevitable things may occur which will put an end to the marriage plans.

And yes,,engaged couples still do cheat a lot.

Have you not heard of women who still have sex with their exes a day before their wedding?

It's just a formal activity which doesn't really prevent any break down of the marriage plans later on.

Seconded!!!

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by redgem(f): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
Is being engaged a big deal? Does it change anything? Does it mean one who is engaged can't cheat?

Everyone has different mind set so I wouldn't speak for others but myself...

To me being engaged means a lot its a step to life partnership (marriage) if you engage a girl it means you are ready to spend your life with her...maybe you love her or you admire her it all depends on your reason. Being engaged changes the fact that you are about to leave the bachelors lifestyle and go into legal union..

If you are engaged, you don't have to cheat cos its wrong...you had the opportunity to do that before getting engaged so why cheat now? If you are not ready to keep yourself for one person then wait till you are..

You don't need the consent of your partner before you get an engagement ring cos there are so many signs for you to know that she's ready....you can playfully ask her questions before you buy the ring to also know if she's ready.

If you are about to get engaged don't rush into it...sit down, relax and think if you are really ready to take the step...if you can keep your d..k or p...ssy in your jean for one person
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=redgem post=35007045][/quote]lol about d consent I meant does he hav to buy the ring? Is it a must? Isn't d yes or no okay?
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Crieff(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Engagement ring symbolises commitment in a relationship.
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by redgem(f): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
lol about d consent I meant does he hav to buy the ring? Is it a must? Isn't d yes or no okay?

Its not a must to buy a ring sha but you know we females want the ring for flaunting sake....to show people that we are taken without using words..its like a proof I think
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
redgem:

Its not a must to buy a ring sha but you know we females want the ring for flaunting sake....to show people that we are taken without using words..its like a proof I think
wat if d man u wana marry proposes to u witout a ring and u love him, will u say no?
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by OohMpa: 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Mr, when you go to bank or you fill form, what do you see?

Relationship - Single or Married

Do you see any option for engage to married? angry
Lubbish angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
OohMpa:
Mr, when you go to bank or you fill form, what do you see?

Relationship - Single or Married

Do you see any option for engage to married? angry
Lubbish angry
loool crazy.
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by redgem(f): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
wat if d man u wana marry proposes to u witout a ring and u love him, will u say no?

Of course I will say yes....he might get the ring later if he wants or I'll just get one myself
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
redgem:

Of course I will say yes....he might get the ring later if he wants or I'll just get one myself
alright. Dats very understandn of u.. U hav a good heart
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by redgem(f): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
Like I said earlier....everyone has different reasoning
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by redgem(f): 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
alright. Dats very understandn of u.. U hav a good heart

Hehehehe
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Mhizkel(f): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
Been engaged doesn't guarantee marriage..People break-up few days to their wedding. I see engagement as been serious in a relationship, and plans of settling down together.Some partners also cheat while engaged. If married partners cheat, then engaged partners are not left out.
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
One sec
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by elantraceey(f): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
What's the essence of engagement if it's not to get married?
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Trypa(f): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:

Misssclassy
Nneka123
Redgem
Ladyboss1
Introvert
Elantraceey
Prettythicksme
Ronald4lif
Naijaboiy
Tosyne2much
Enegod
Kingtom
Thesonofmark
Pheals
Mzztega
Sinaj
Trypa
Tohphaz
DrAify
Mrschima
Mznelly
Mhizkel
Xiadnat

Well to mi

U don't need to cheat again

If u feel u wanna cheat den don't say yes to him simple cool
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by xynerise: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
Engagement those days and now is just like the denotative and connotative meaning of the word "Engaged"
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Cutehector(m): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
elantraceey:
What's the essence of engagement if it's not to get married?
some do it to sleep wit d gurl... Dats the ones who r like no sex til marriage. So when he proposes, they think oh yeah he is gona marry me, and dey give in grin
Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
Boy, leave me out of this hot mess...

I know nothing about this $hits.

I ask the love doctors.... here! Whether they are real or not, WTF cares. undecided

*modified*: Thanks tho for the mention, I see you saved the best for the last. cheesy

Cutehector:

Misssclassy
Nneka123
Redgem
Ladyboss1
Introvert
Elantraceey
Prettythicksme
Ronald4lif
Naijaboiy
Tosyne2much
Enegod
Kingtom
Thesonofmark
Pheals
Mzztega
Sinaj
Trypa
Tohphaz
DrAify
Mrschima
Mznelly
Mhizkel
Xiadnat

Re: Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? by elantraceey(f): 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
some do it to sleep wit d gurl... Dats the ones who r like no sex til marriage. So when he proposes, they think oh yeah he is gona marry me, and dey give in grin

Well engagement doesn't mean marriage, if a girl says she's not having sex till after marriage then it's after marriage not engagement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Really A Wife Material? / 3 Last Romantic Questions For The Ladies... / He's Just Too Nice, I Need Your Advise Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.