Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses (53161 Views)

Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Degis(m): 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Stephen forgave his killers...(and he Stephen was described as being full of the Holy Spirit).

And among his killers was a man named Saul.

And Saul....became Paul....who brought the gospel to lots of people....the same gospel that he used to hate.

Because of the testimony of a Stephen.

How about Jesus....who said ''Father forgive them'' while he was on the cross. By your reasoning.....you are better than Jesus. And by your reasoning....Jesus was talking nonsense. (I shake me head!)

So, from your analysis, Apostle Paul, who cursed the magician to be blind for a season must have been an evil man. Abeg, kontinuu in your belief because it is a waste of time to convince your kind

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by keme007: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=Simolicatalano post=35012202]

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/22/oyedepo-curses-kidnappers/[/quote....I beg,leave that thing.bible teaches love not course.why will the pastor course,are you god?he should start coursing those politician who loot our fortune to pay tight to your church..instead,he should pray to god for his will..nairalander! do you think his course made the kidnapper free her hostage?aint think so...I believe god have his way embarassed[quote author=Simolicatalano post=35012202]

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/22/oyedepo-curses-kidnappers/[/quote....I beg,leave that thing.bible teaches love not course.why will the pastor course,are you god?he should start coursing those politician who loot our fortune to pay tight to your church..instead,he should pray to god for his will..nairalander! do you think his course made the kidnapper free her hostage?aint think so...I believe god have his way
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Degis:

So, from your analysis, Apostle Paul, who cursed the magician to be blind for a season must have been an evil man. Abeg, kontinuu in your belief because it is a waste of time to convince your kind

And Apostle Paul did not spend most of the time cursing.

The point still remains.....Jesus said love your enemies and pray for them

If Stephen had not done that....perhaps Paul would have died an enemy of God.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by whoisuche: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
Simolicatalano:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/22/oyedepo-curses-kidnappers/

TOO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS AMEN.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by whoisuche: 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
TOO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF Jesus AMEN.
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Themandator:

If you don't do the right thing curse will be visited on you. Read Deut 28
should I report dis one again?
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by dalass(f): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Jesus never cursedundecided

Rather,He'd pray. sad

Modified: to those of you referring to the fig tree yeah jesus cursed the tree,cos it didnt bring out fruit while he's hungry,besides it a treeundecided
When Jesus declared WOE on Pharisees etc.. Woe is curses my brother
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by NewsINigeria(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Their dads @the_kidnappers....

OMG! Yetunde Akilapa Steals Again
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Lilimax(f): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
What did bible say about praying for our enemies? undecided
... it is a righteous thing with God to recompence tribulation to them that trouble you: (2 Corinthian 1:5)

If they must die let them die... embarassed
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Pinkieblue(f): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Remember also that Jesus ate with the thieves of the day....the publicans...and when the Pharisees rebuked him....this is what he said..

As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him.

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
(Mark 2 vs 14-17).

Look......all of us are sinners. Our sins are just as bad as the sin of kidnapping. Yet.....Jesus offers forgiveness...and he expects us to do the same Whether they accept it or not is not our business....Jesus expects us to forgive those who hurt us.

Remember Stephen. Did he curse those who stoned him to death? And we know what happened to one of those who was there and who was supporting them that stoned Stephen.

Jesus expects us to forgive , even as he has forgiven us bad people.

Yes that's true...... B4 someone offends you, you have to 4give them

But come to think of it, I can imagine the sleepless night his family and church members would have praying for him.....

The bible says resist the devil and he will flee from you...... That's what the kidnappers should have done..... Now 2 of them have been caught..... Even if they are forgiven by the pastor, the law won't 4give them.....
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
Are you saying there are contradictions in the book?
Lilimax:

... it is a righteous thing with God to recompence tribulation to them that trouble you: (2 Corinthian 1:5)

If they must die let them die... embarassed
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
I am off this thread.....

But before I go.....I must post this link....

12 Encouraging Bible verses on forgiveness.

http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/12-encouraging-bible-verses-on-forgiving-others-10770/

It seems most Nigerians have forgotten to forgive.

I leave you with the story of Elisabeth Elliot. Her husband Jim Elliot was killed by some Central American tribesmen in the 1950's.

A few years later...she went back and became a missionary to those same people.

All of her husband's killers were converted to Christ by her ministry.

No cursing involved.

God bless.

1 Corinthians 13 (The Message version)

13 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

2 If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.

3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11 When I was an infant at my mother’s breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12 We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

The Message (MSG)

Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by fpeter(f): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Feranmicharles:

Rather,He'd pray. sad

Modified: to those of you referring to the fig tree yeah jesus cursed the tree,cos it didnt bring out fruit while he's hungry,besides it a treeundecided

Cursed be the man that hangs upon a tree....
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Lilimax(f): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Are you saying there are contradictions in the book?
Not at all smiley
Zacchariah 11:9 says- Such that will die let him die...
Any tragedy fashion against me and my own shall back fire against the planners smiley
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
Oyedepo thinking that he is God since 1955. mchewww

Do u even have the right to curse? cool cool cool cool cool

Free Forex Signals
www.aheadmarket.com

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
damosky12:

oga. Go study your Bible, praying for the enemies is different from the operations of God's Spirit to manifest His Power. Have you forgotten Peter and Ananias with His Wife in Acts 5:1-10, against Simon in Acts 8:20. This has only brought fear of GOD upon many as in Acts 8:11.
bro u wan form say u sabi bible,by inserting d verses,thinking that I'd relent. Pele otongue

Annanias and saphira lied to God by taking part of the money they gained from selling their possession. That's was the cause of their death.

And 2nd: they did that cause of their covetousness and greediness and selfishness. Think bout it browink
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
So we should curse our enemies?
Lilimax:

Not at all smiley
Zacchariah 11:9 says- Such that will die let him die...
Any tragedy fashion against me and my own shall back fire against the planners smiley
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
dalass:
When Jesus declared WOE on Pharisees etc.. Woe is curses my brother
pls,tell me those pharisees,are they remorseful or not

Abeg leave mata 4 marthias,these had returned the victimssad
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
So we should curse our enemies?
I pray for them to repent but a lot of them are bent on doing evil and to these ones I say
die, die, die by fire embarassed grin
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by pikapizy(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Degis:

This is my problem with Christianity without knowledge. The Bible says endure Hardness not Hardship. Kidnapping is hardship from the pit of hell. The Bible says resist the devil and he shall flee from you. You resist the devil by destroying his works through Biblical scriptures. Stephen and Co were killed because they kept quiet and refused to rail at the works of the devil but today, we Christians are wiser. Thank God for exposition of the Holy Spirit.

You pray against sickness but you want to love your kidnappers, abeg, kontinuu.
are you saying today Christians are wiser than Peter ,Stephen ,etc who were percecuted ? are you saying today Christians have more holy spirit than the apostles ? I don't understand what you're implying ...please real Christianity doesn't change with time ...Christianity is Christ likeness ...there's no two ways about it! if you can't forgive others and you curse people that provoke you ,u are not Christ like and hence u are not a Christian ....BTW I believe you should be wise enough to know we don't curse sickness instead we pray for recovery ..in like manner pray for the release of the victim instead of cursing ....

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
fpeter:

Cursed be the man that hangs upon a tree....
and u r peter
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hehehehehehe now this is funny. Evil doesn't quench evil. Love does. Let's always love and pray more for our enemies
Lilimax:

I pray for them to repent but a lot of them are bent on doing evil and to these ones I say
die, die, die by fire embarassed grin
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Drjemiyo: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
It is just media show, we all know that our so-callled men of God can place a valid curse on anybody in this country bec they've been part of age long problem of connivance with the ruling class to pauperise Nigerians by blessing proceeds from corrupt politicains.If Nigeria were to be working curse or no curse security agent would have long rescued him.To me, our dear GO didn't score any spritual point there

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Maximus85(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Degis:

Neither, have you

I never meant for this. But this world is so degenerated that what is absurd is seen as perfectly right. How can a Pastor curse a criminal? His job is not for the saved but the likes of these. This is how we know the difference between a businessman and a Pastor. Is slapping a woman part of his pastoral assignment?

This is one too many.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Missmossy(f): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Papa has spoken grin fear catch them!!

Hahahaha grin grin
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by mrjayzmy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Feranmicharles:

Rather,He'd pray. sad

pls read Matthew 23:13
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Drjemiyo: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
It is just media show, we all know that our so-called men of God can't place a valid curse on anybody in this country bec they've been part of age long problem of connivance with the ruling class to pauperise Nigerians by blessing proceeds from corrupt politicians.If Nigeria were to be working, curse or no curse security agents would have long rescued him.To me, our dear GO didn't score any spritual point there

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Feranmicharles(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
mrjayzmy:

pls read Matthew 23:13

Read this post below....

Fernmicharles:
bro u wan form say u sabi bible,by inserting d verses,thinking that I'd relent. Pele otongue
Annanias and saphira lied to God by taking part of the money they gained from selling their possession. That's was the cause of their death.
And 2nd: they did that cause of their covetousness and greediness and selfishness. Think bout it browink
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Maximus85(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
Simolicatalano:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/22/oyedepo-curses-kidnappers/

Come to think of this, this Pastor would claim the he prayed and fasted on this issue, now the kidnappers didn't kill the kidnapped, they released him. You even claimed no ransom was paid. Why, how? Isn't this an opportunity to pray for them to be saved? Yet you curse them. Who is this man with illuminati signs on the ariel view of his church sef? Coincidence he called it.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Themandator: 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
Maximus85:

Brainwashed and blinded. Comparing a tree to a human. How more dumb can people get.

And Jesus comparing himself to a tree of life is what? Jesus didn't say he will pray for the branch to receive virility but cut off.. To be cut off is to be condemned...
Re: Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses by Themandator: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Feranmicharles:
should I report dis one again?

What you say to the mountains of your life is what will be confirmed in heaven,for you.

And curse is already in the house of a thief, it is tautology repeating it self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thailand: Villagers Worship Calf With 2 Heads After Its Owner Wins Lottery / Lagos Socialite - Kayode Badru Burnt Inside Church / Bishop T. D. Jakes Arrives Nigeria For COZA Event. Pics With Biodun Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.