Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

National Identity Number Mandatory From September - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Identity Number Mandatory From September (51655 Views)

FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / Have You Received Your National Identity Card? / National Identity Card To Complement Voters Card-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by leleji(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
don't be deceive Jesus Christ is coming very soon. NIN since 2013 Dec no ID card Godwill sha
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by leleji(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
don't be deceive Jesus Christ is coming very soon. NIN since 2013 Dec no ID card Godwill sha
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by KingIOb: 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
All those, especially on the first page, who registered, probably in 2013, and still waiting for the card: did you not read the part where it was stated that we are moving from 'card issuance' to 'identity management'?
Once you've been issued with NIN, that's all. All that is required to identify you is your NIN whether it's written on paper or a scroll.
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by greggles: 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
themodernman:

Please explain your 3rd paragraph in detail about Banks being able to trace you with d card even if you run away.

First of all there's something called audit trail in database administration. With this, a bank can trace whatever is done by any of its staff or clients on any of its systems, either accessing their account, checking a client's account, accessing your account using any of its mediums like atm, internet banking etc.

A bank can put a trail on any particular client, to know for instance, what you do at any point in time on your account, en and where you made your last withdrawal etc, and with the BVN, a bank will now be able to know what you're doing elsewhere.

For instance, if you run away with a bank's money, they have your BVN, all they need do is request from the other banks, a trail of your activities within a specified period of time. The fact is that you don't perpetually use cash everywhere you go, so you use ATM, withdraw cash etc.

Now, remember that with the new National Identity, the Banks will also request you to update your national ID, the next time you go get a drivers license, they'll also request the ID, same with the next time you go to apply or renew your International passport etc. With your national Id card tied to everything you do, its very easy to know where you are at any point in time as long as technology picks you up anywhere, let me explain further on this.

In the US or advanced countries for instance, the police database is connected to every other public database, like schools, banks, hospitals, even credit card processing companies like Mastercard and VISA, so whenever they're looking for you, all they need to do is request a live audit trail on you, so once you go to a restaurant and pay with your ATM card, the bank picks up your most recent location and it is fed LIVE into the police network, same with when you go to a clinic to get checked up, infact in these countries, your car is registered to you so it might even be a traffic camera picking you up somewhere, you might even get stopped on the road for a traffic violation and that's it, they just punch in your drivers license and the chase is over.

In Nigeria, however, we are yet to interconnect our systems to work that way, but be rest assured that as long as we are setting up the database now using all these BVN, National ID etc, it will happen soon or whenever, but they can strill trace you, but it will take longer, how? Because as long as your hospital has your records, the bank has your records, Immigration has your records, road safety has your records, your atm says your last known location etc, its easier. If you stop banking or using your atm and you decide to travel abroad, all the bank needs to do is tell the police to ask the road safety, immigration etc to check if your activity was picked up anywhere, and yipeee, the immigration picked you up travelling to the UK, and what's next? The police writes to the UK government to tell that a so so individual came into their country with so so passport number, and the UK will simply tell them, okay we picked up his location somewhere using a debit card he now uses which he applied for using that passport number. Better still, if you're banking in Nigeria with any bank and using your atm abroad, the bank already knows where you are. That's why when you request your account history, it tells where you used your ATM at anytime anywhere in the world, it may not be detailed on your account statement but it is detailed on their system because that information comes from Mastercard or VISA who issued that card, so once you're doing your shopping happily at McDonalds, your bank already knows the moment you paid for those stuff using your ATM, it records in their system, and if they decided to put an audit trail on you, then something else might happen, like your name popping up on someone's computer to say "go go go, he's at McDonalds".

You see, we're in a global community like they say. Gradually we'll get there, its happening slowly but its gonna happen eventually
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by greggles: 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
ADIBEFRANK:
my dear i somuch like ur ideas on this issus hw i wish that we 9jar go be like this.

Thanks bro!
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by MistadeRegal(m): 5:10am On Jun 23, 2015
greggles:
These people are really learning from us, I wrote about this in my frontpage article!

The process is slow and it seems the management is incompetent as compared with the implementation of the BVN, but it should be implemented by law so that we have a unique ID system in Nigeria.

With your National ID, you should qualify for certain incentives like loans, overdraft etc, it would be mandatorily needed by banks as soon as it is implemented, so that they will tie every person to their accounts nationwide. Banks will even stop asking for collateral for certain amounts of money because you can no longer run with their money and if you do, they already know where you went to because the system is also tied to your international passport, drivers license etc and once you leave the country, they know where you are and they will easily write to the host country that you're a fugitive

Also, once you're arrested by the police, the first thing they do is take your thumbprint and your details come up immediately, that offense is recorded and your crime history is easily available to law enforcement to track you and invite you for questioning when you are spotted within a location where a crime is committed, that's the system used abroad to draw up a list of suspects when a crime has no face on it

Also, before you rent a house, your landlord gives you a form and requests your Identity which he uses to run a background check with the authorities to know if you have outstanding criminal cases like child abuse (in case he has kids that could be vulnerable).
Before you get a job, get admission into school, run for a political appointment, get a loan from the bank or lending company etc, a bankground check is done with your identity

It has been long overdue in a country like Nigeria having serious security issues and abuse of office and power issues.

666 coming on its way........Let every man return to GOD
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 23, 2015
their papa, these people reason with their head under their foot, so av been living out of the country for some years now i plan returning to nigeria in october, so i wana open a bank account, so one iidiot will now ask for my nin number? lyk seriously? bastarrds.
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by yooglodotcom: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2015
greggles:
These people are really learning from us, I wrote about this in my frontpage article!

The process is slow and it seems the management is incompetent as compared with the implementation of the BVN, but it should be implemented by law so that we have a unique ID system in Nigeria.

With your National ID, you should qualify for certain incentives like loans, overdraft etc, it would be mandatorily needed by banks as soon as it is implemented, so that they will tie every person to their accounts nationwide. Banks will even stop asking for collateral for certain amounts of money because you can no longer run with their money and if you do, they already know where you went to because the system is also tied to your international passport, drivers license etc and once you leave the country, they know where you are and they will easily write to the host country that you're a fugitive

Also, once you're arrested by the police, the first thing they do is take your thumbprint and your details come up immediately, that offense is recorded and your crime history is easily available to law enforcement to track you and invite you for questioning when you are spotted within a location where a crime is committed, that's the system used abroad to draw up a list of suspects when a crime has no face on it

Also, before you rent a house, your landlord gives you a form and requests your Identity which he uses to run a background check with the authorities to know if you have outstanding criminal cases like child abuse (in case he has kids that could be vulnerable).
Before you get a job, get admission into school, run for a political appointment, get a loan from the bank or lending company etc, a bankground check is done with your identity

It has been long overdue in a country like Nigeria having serious security issues and abuse of office and power issues.

You are spot on!

Even Nigeria fraudulent population figures and distribution will once and for all be resolved if same can be scaled to accommodate everyone apart from the adults. We will not need to spend hundreds of billions for more staged census riddled with ethnic and tribal bias.
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by yooglodotcom: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2015
MistadeRegal:

666 coming on its way........Let every man return to GOD

Fight against implementation of 666 is an ignorant fight against God which cannot be won! Suffice it to say that everyone will know when that starts. This may be one of the mock runs. grin
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by MistadeRegal(m): 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
yooglodotcom:

Fight against implementation of 666 is an ignorant fight against God which cannot be won! Suffice it to say that everyone will know when that starts. This may be one of the mock runs. grin

And did I mention fighting against the implementation of 666 when it is already a Biblical prophecy? I'm only saying it's on it's way.
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
We are in the era of identification by number now. Judging by the fact that you can't do transaction without getting this NIN, one may infer that it's either the era of 666 prophesied by the Christians' Bible is close by. Or it has already started. In any case and for the first time on this forum, I would say 'end time things'.
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by cheddie: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Alas, the mark of 666 is here. Verichip coming behind the national ID . Just as the national ID will be mandatory so also the implantation of the verichip be. Cos verichip just like the ID card has all your data in it and it will be implanted in your right thumb or forehead.# Alas the mark is around the corner#
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by gabng(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2015
Trust nigerians and over sabi while being cerebral deficient. You dont need the card and you may never need it the main thing is your NIN. The NIN basically identifies and confirms you as a Nigerian citizen.

The NIN is the proper foundation for National Identity Management and the system NIMC is using allows the merging/import of data from other sources (BVN et al).

What you should concern youself with is how to remember your National Identification Number and not any dumb card.
Re: National Identity Number Mandatory From September by Dan42(m): 1:09am On Nov 04, 2016
Please, how do I go about this. My next of kin doesn't have National I'd yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO: Lekki Bank Robbery Suspects Paraded / Dino Melaye Sings Joyfully As He Drives Around In His Exotic Car. / Murder Suspects Implicate Saraki, Kwara Governor, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.