Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola (936 Views)

I Regret My Inability To Answer The Senate’s Invitation – Hameed / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by samueld0(m): 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Osogbo—Governor  Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has expressed regret over his inability to pay salaries for months now.
He however added that contrary to reports, he was not helpless about the unpaid salaries of civil servants in his state because he has Allah.
Delivering a Ramadan Lecture at the Women Development Centre, Abuja, the governor used the occasion to debunk reports that he ever said he was ‘helpless’.
He delivered a lecture titled : “Ramadan, Living in The Season of Positive Change”at the event organised by the Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society.
Aregbesola said, “It is extremely painful that I cannot pay salary. It is painful that I have to be in this condition.
“I am not helpless because I have Allah and the people with me. And whoever has Allah and the people has everything,” he said, assuring that he was making efforts to pay the outstanding salaries of the civil servants soon.
He noted that the state borrowed up to N25 billion from banks to support the allocation from the federation account to pay workers salaries but the banks have refused to continue lending him money.
He explained that the state’s wage bill was N3.5 billion monthly and his administration has found it difficult to pay in the face of dwindling allocation in spite of increase in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N900 million to N8 billion annually.

Aregbosola
“I didn’t envisage that 400,000 barrels of crude oil would be stolen daily. But the whipping boys must be the governors and I am the ‘Chief’ of the whipping boys,” Aregbesola said.
He expressed delight with the re-emergence of Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s leader. Also, the governor hailed the Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society which organized the event.
Aregbesola said “terrorism is a challenge to Islam and it is the Muslims who will solve it”.
He maintained that Islam does not support killing without judicial ruling.
Some of the dignitaries at the lecture included Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Mohammed Lawal Uwais, wife of Nasarawa state governor, Mrs Mairo Al-makura, Senators Abubakar Sodangi and Khairat Gwadwabe as well as a former Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar Suleiman and many more.
Meantime, the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, in Osun State has described as insensitive and callous the statement credited to the ruling All Progressives Congress APC that workers in Osun state constitute less than one percent of the population.
Speaking on behalf of the party Prince Diran Odeyemi, the Director, Media and Strategy said the APC has publicly shown to the world that it has lost focus and not responsive to the plight of Osun citizens.
According to the party, “The APC arithmetic of 1% civil servant is a formular coined for them after the election forgetting that these hard working servants are financiers of over 90% of the populace in the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/i-regret-inability-to-pay-salaries-aregbesola/
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by simeonii(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
“I am not helpless because I have Allah and the people with me. And whoever has Allah and the people has everything,”

After you made your people believed Ex President Jonathan was delibrately Withholding your state allocation, now that there's no one to blame, what's next? Let's all now seek the Lord face by going on compulsory fasting expecting manners to fall from heaven......what a joke!
I feel for the Civil Servants of Osun and other States likewise, I pray the FG bail all these states out!!! That will be a good start for change.

Simeonii

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Quote me anywhere, "osun state is a failed state"

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by LoveMachine(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
He better figure it out soon. This is an embarrassment that won't soon be forgotten.
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by raayah(f): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
samueld0:
Osogbo—
He explained that the state’s wage bill was N3.5 billion monthly and his administration has found it difficult to pay in the face of dwindling allocation in spite of increase in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N900 million to N8 billion annually.
Aregbosola
“I didn’t envisage that 400,000 barrels of crude oil would be stolen daily. But the whipping boys must be the governors and I am the ‘Chief’ of the whipping boys,” Aregbesola said.

He expressed delight with the re-emergence of Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s leader. Also, the governor hailed the Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society which organized the event.
Aregbesola said “terrorism is a challenge to Islam and it is the Muslims who will solve it”.

Yes Mr Aregbe, Blame Oil for your problems, just like every other Nigerian.

The truth is that You were not able to properly manage your IGR of 8billion Naira per annum, plus government allocation.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by samueld0(m): 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Osun Adara
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
You bleep up jare

1 Like

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
You committed osun state to so many projects without proper projection of it consequences. The state is now broke and all you could do is running from pillar to post. Btw, I hope you too have not been paid your own salary. Cos it will be unfare
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by kestolove95(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Don't worry we understand why
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by xandy84: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Aregbe is a comedian. When did Allah start paying salaries? No disrespect to Allah...

1 Like

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Candyrain(m): 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Can you imagine the excuse a sitting governor is giving? He has indirectly accepted that he's a failure. All governors waiting for Federal allocation before they can do something in their states should be checked for mental disorder.
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
This man should be hung with fish hook, he should be impeached and then jailed for gargantuan corruption

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
This man should be hung with fish hook, he should be impeached and then jailed for gargantuan corruption.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Chinachriss(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nevermind, Allah will help you but tell your people to embrace entrepreneurship. At least, there would ' ve been minimal remonstrances. If you doubt me, ask Abians.
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Maxymilliano(m): 11:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rauf Aregbe would have fared well as a witch doctor, than a State governor ...

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by SUBMARINE: 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
I don't blame you but the political mumus who voted you without thoroughly examining you and APC grin

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2015

By God we need to leave these Parasitic yeast cultures in their one Nijeriya.

The way this man laments about our crude you will be forgiven if Osun is the sole oil producing state.

Kai this really p1sses me off because I know this fool will be cheering the bombing of ND communitues and will want an end to 13% derivation to oil producing states.

The goats in Osun just sit down doing jacksh1t waiting for oil allocation.

Even my State Delta which is currently the second highest producer of oil does not depend on oil to feed. Our state govt may need it but my people do not sit down idling waiting for allocation. This is why this salary stuff is affecting osun as govt is the sole employer of labour.

You ingrates in Osun better start planting something even if nah weed.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by kotv: 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Quote me anywhere, "osun state is a failed state"

What happened to all that over exaggerated IGR they kept lying to themselves with

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by landinfo: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
All thix hiz gimmicks no go work from now till the nex coming electionz.......
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Yeske2(m): 2:08am On Jun 23, 2015
Borrowed 25 billion naira from banks already and IGR of 8 billion naira annually yet all we hear on Nairaland is GDP and IGR greater than the SE. OK na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2015
Nonsense, bia nwokem, pay your workers!! Stop calling Allah's name in vain, it is a sin unto you! Now the people of osun state have realised the very truth now, knowing that GEJ's government was not to be held responsible for your incompetency,you have Aregbesola the state's fund with your criminal son who carries money around the country! Now you know your state generates less for the FG talk more of sustaining your debts, why would a bank continue to borrow you money even with your present situation? Or are you the owner of the bank ni? He who laughs last, laughs best!! GEJ now you are being vindicated!! We are waiting for the change seriously!
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by PleasureShop: 4:37am On Jun 23, 2015
You dey regret giving Tinubu, the whole state money? Na wah ooo
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Mobsync(m): 4:53am On Jun 23, 2015
Frankly speaking, this Aregbesola guy is a big disappointment. Hasn't he been eating? Hasn't he been buying clothes? Hasn't he be paying school fees for his children? He has no excuse whatsoever. Nine months without salary is no joke.

10 Facts You Didn't Know About The First Nigerian Coup
And Civil War: https://www.nairaland.com/2394552/10-facts-didnt-know-first
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Maxymilliano(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2015
Baba Kabiru is an embarrassment to change ...
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by marymaria(f): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2015
this man is just a total scam
who's he fooling now.
where is d allocations going cos u have paid nada since nov when u paid 40percent and u have done anything in the state for over a yr now except buying urself an helicopter in d name of security
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2015
Maxymilliano:
Rauf Aregbe would have fared well as a witch doctor, than a State governor ...
ECOTERRORS:
This man should be hung with fish hook, he should be impeached and then jailed for gargantuan corruption.
Chaiiiii grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@topic, that's what you get from so much dependent on one sector of the economy.. I hope we have learnt...

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: MEND Threaten To Resume Militancy If… / Unpaid Salaries: Governor Okorocha Appeals To Workers To Be Patient / Erdogan’s Daughter Joins ISIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.