Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) (6023 Views)

Roadx Motorsport Is Organising A Launch Party For Car Racing Fans In Nigeria / Nigeria Hosts Worldwide Car Racing Organisation’s Regional Congress / Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 3:46am On Jun 23, 2015
ROADKILL!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 3:47am On Jun 23, 2015
"We are not planning to take any path cleared by anybody but rather create a path and leave atrail for others to follow."

This sentence was one of the numerous sentences contained in our introductory blog post. We at Motoring Nigeria are determined trailblazers who live by our word through dedication in bringing you the best of innovations there is in the Automotive industry.

This we have started through the creation of our new story series named ROADKILL, Yes! we're making history. So while most people think RoadKill is a racing event to be organized by Motoring Nigeria, some think it's a competition which in a way involves killing of animals on the highway. Well, I'm proud to announce to you that it is neither of these two but the very first Racing story series in Nigeria.

The first season of RoadKill will have 15 episodes to be released every weekend (saturday)...still in progress.

NOTE:

This is purely a work of fiction and 100% my imagination running wild, therefore any resemblance of persons or locations, dead or alive is merely a coincidence.

Copyright © 2015 by Motoringnigeria
All rights reserved. This story should not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express permission of the writer.

Motoringnigeria@gmail.com

PS: For readers, comments, likes, criticism and your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 3:51am On Jun 23, 2015
BACKGROUND OF THE STORY.

DSS undercover agent functioning as Lagos State governor's driver Timi Andrews and his girlfriend Bridget, the governor's only daughter flees from Lagos to escape harm from the senate president who wants to use her as an opportunity to get back to the governor.
Timi's last mission was to take Bridget to the US but he quits his job instead and they both relocate to Abuja to fulfill his long suppressed passion; racing. Together, they both attempt to challenge and conquer the chaotic underground racing world from the very bottom amidst powerful opponents and backstabbers.
Are they successful or does their past comes back to haunt them?

RoadKill by Motoring Nigeria is an intense, action packed racing story series, the first of its kind in Nigeria. It gives you weekly episodes of an adrenaline pumping experience with a nice touch of romance.

Written by Adeboye George of Motoring Nigeria

First episode coming soon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by marshalcarter: 4:49am On Jun 23, 2015
Mehn.....would love to be in dis movie man

YEAH.....fast and furious 1(naija made(proudly 9ja)
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2015
marshalcarter:
Mehn.....would love to be in dis movie man

YEAH.....fast and furious 1(naija made(proudly 9ja)

lol, we'll get there jst chillax.
thanks for the love.
PROUDLY NAIJA.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by marshalcarter: 7:21am On Jun 23, 2015
MotoringNigeria:

lol, we'll get there jst chillax.
thanks for the love.
PROUDLY NAIJA.

No 4get me ooo....wanna play either roman pearce part or paul walker part(I so love driving(proudly 9ja) grin
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 23, 2015
tongue

Ahan! Now my container don arrive port, make I tell the crane operator make him drop am for this plot of land... cheesy

Oga Gazzuzz, nurey... Make una come o. wink
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tmanis(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2015
following in my 707hp 2015 dodge challenger..... no bash me o
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
lomomike:
tongue

Ahan! Now my container don arrive port, make I tell the crane operator make him drop am for this plot of land... cheesy

Oga Gazzuzz, nurey... Make una come o. wink

Well seated! grin
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Lagusta(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
*parks McLaren P1*

*spreads Persian rug*

*wears Google glass*

*waiting for the time to break fast, so as to eat popcorn and smoov*
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tmanis(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lagusta:
*parks McLaren P1*

*spreads Persian rug*

*wears Google glass*

*waiting for the time to break fast, so as to eat popcorn and smoov*
Dem don ban Google glass in cinemas oo
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Lagusta(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
tmanis:

Dem don ban Google glass in cinemas oo

This is nairaland, not a cinema.... cool
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
COUNTDOWN...

GET READY TO BE THRILLED!!!
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 6:20am On Jun 27, 2015
Cc... marshalcarter
Lomomike
tmanis
GAZZUZZ
Lagusta, no forget ur glasses o grin
Divineluv14
ArrowAssassin

thank y'all for the love, now lets get started. cool
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 6:21am On Jun 27, 2015
SEASON 01, EPISODE 01.
It was dark, the brightness of the moon lit the race yard, as the racers liked to call it.
Cars filled everywhere, there was a bonfire not far away. The crackling flames added some luminescence to the vicinity. Timi Andrews was comfortably seated on the hood of his car, enjoying the cool night breeze blowing across his face. A tall beautiful lady with long black hair approached him.
"Feeling uneasy Timi?" She asked, a tiny smile appearing on her lips.
"Nah, I'm cool.
Spent the past two weeks preparing for this race. Can't afford to mess up my debut now can I? "Bridget smiled.
"I guess not. I still can't believe my dad gave you that race car," she said.
Timi arched his eye brows. He stared at his car for a minute-a grey 370 horsepower Dodge Charger with a V8 engine. Yeah, it's a bit cheap, but it beat anything Timi could have afforded himself.
"Yeah, she's a beauty ain't she?" Timi retorted. Bridget shook her head.
"You know Timi, you've got to quit with the feminine car thing. You are making me feel like I'm competing with it.
Timi gave a hearty laugh.
"I'm serious Timi. The car's a 'it', not a 'she'. Get that into that thick skull of yours."Timi nodded, "Yes ma'am."
Just then, Timi noticed a sudden sullen expression come over his girlfriend. "What's wrong?" Bridget sighed.
"Nothing. Just, thinking about my father."
"I know. I feel bad too Bridget. But it's better this way, better no one knows you are here." Timi was going to say something else, but the appearance of his crew mates, Idris and Aisha stopped him.
" I hope I'm not interrupting, but it's time to go. Race starts in a few minutes." ID said.

Idris Hassan was a tall one-six feet, three inches-and he was still growing taller. He had very dark skin, and corresponding dark hair. Everyone in the racing underworld knew him as ID. His sister was considerably shorter. Aisha stood at five feet, four inches, and like her brother, had smooth dark skin. Timi slid down the hood of his car.
"Let's go, it's about time.
"That night, Aisha was going to seat the race out, while Timi and ID raced. Timi had just joined the crew.
The whole racing stuff was still pretty new to him. This was going to be his first race, but he was quite confident for a first timer. Granted, he already knew how to drive, but this racing stuff was pretty darn scary.
Driving at insane speeds for long stretches of time, wasn't something one did every day.

ID's blue Nissan Skyline was parked right beside his. Seconds later, ID and Timi were headed to the start line.Aisha and Bridget remained where they were.
At the start line, ID and Timi's vehicles were fixed with GoPro cameras, as were the cars of the other racers. The cameras were mounted atthe top left corner of each car's windshield. That way, the people could watch the race on big screens mounted on platforms around the race yard.

There were eight cars on the line up, two for each crew taking part in the race. Behind the eight vehicles partaking in the race were dozens of other cars- spectators, usually made up of racers who weren't racing that night. They took their seats on the hoods, trunks or on top of their cars. Anywhere to be able to see the big screens clearly.

On Timi's right was a black 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T with double red coloured racing stripes by the sides. On his left, an all red 2012 Ford Focus RS. The driver of the Ford Focus- a lady, winked at him. Timi rolled his eyes, this race was his even before it began.
Then, he heard the countdown. Three...two...one...and the slim girl a few feet away, standing at the centre of the road brought down her flag. At once, all the cars skidded to a start, the combined noise of the roaring engines cut through the air. The slim girl held her breath as car after car sped past her like stray bullets.

The Ford Focus quickly took the lead, shooting forward in a red blur. A green Hyundai Veloster Turbo was hot on its tail though. It too zooming away in a streak of its own. ID's Nissan Skyline was in third spot. ID chased speedily after the two cars ahead of him.
The road contorted into a twist, and ID, seizing this opportunity further increased his speed. He dangerously overtook the Hyundai at the next bend, slightly brushing its side. Timi on the other hand was having a rather difficult time, barely managing to stay ahead of the black Nissan 35OZ behind him, which was in eighth place. At the speeds the other drivers were going, Timi could have sworn they were on something. He felt like a car chasing after speed boats.

He eyed his speedometer- 110 km/h and he was still at seventh. He pressed harder on the accelerator, and approaching the next twist at high speed, he darted past the white Lexus IS 350 in front of him, scraping the Lexus' side mirror. "Sorry, my bad," Timi muttered as he sped on.
Now in sixth place, Timi breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short lived. For at the next corner, both the Lexus and Nissan rushed past him, forcing him into the eighth place.
"Damn it!" Timi exclaimed as he pursued them. ID had maintained his second place for minutes now. He was trying not to get unnerved by the Hyundai coming in closely behind him. Cruising at over a 160 km/h, he didn't want to lose control of his car. He was getting nearer to the Ford Focus now. He just had to stay on her. The road led into the main street, and the racers had to get past other cars without smashing into them. It was this part of the race that made the whole thing harder-and more interesting. As the Ford Focus darted past a 2013 Mercedes Benz E-350, quickly followed by ID's Nissan Skyline, and then a black Dodge Challenger, the little boy in the E-350 exclaimed to his mom,
"Whoa! Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to drive that fast!"
The mother quickly reproached her precocious son.
"Not on my watch!" She had replied. These racers were a bad influence, she thought.

The road led to a ramp next, and all the race cars, one after the other, leapt into the air, the moonlight making them into fascinating levitating silhouettes. But the going down part wasn't as graceful, as each driver had to brace for impact as he hit the ground.
They reached the last bend. ID navigated a perfect turn at this corner, overtaking the Ford Focus at last. He gave her a tongue in his mind. Now all he had to do was keep the lead for five more minutes, and the race would be his.
Meanwhile, Timi had just whizzed his way past into sixth place again. His eyes were locked unto the BMW 1 Series M Coup in front. Mounting his feet harder on the throttle pedal, Timi soon sped past the car, breaking into fifth place. He navigated the last bend too, and he knew this last leg of the race would determine his position.

Now at 125km/h and rising, Timi shot forward, hoping to get past Hyundai Veloster Turbo which had currently fallen from second place to fourth place. Timi kept edging closer and closer, his speed rising furiously, even though it was the last quarter of the race.

ID finally sped past the finish line, causing a roar of applause as he entered back where the race started. The Ford Focus came in second, Dodge Challenger R/T third. Timi finished in fourth place after managing to out speed Hyundai Veloster Turbo. The BMW came in sixth, the Lexus seventh and the Nissan 35OZ finished last. The crowd went wild after the race concluded, that was all for the night.

TO BE CONTINUED. . .

Your comments, likes, criticism and your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by marshalcarter: 6:26am On Jun 27, 2015
MotoringNigeria:
Cc... marshalcarter Lomomike tmanis GAZZUZZ Lagusta, no forget ur glasses o grin Divineluv14 ArrowAssassin
thank y'all for the love, now lets get started. cool
Already ready *buys pop corn nd ice cream* cool
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by marshalcarter: 6:33am On Jun 27, 2015
Keeps following
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Divineluv14(f): 10:12am On Jun 27, 2015
Still following ...
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Frankestein08(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Am loving this driver...Op fire on
bar man abeg gimme a bottle of origin101 n goat pepper soup. grin
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice story. Now m addicted. Part 2 loading.....

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 28, 2015
If after all this publicity stunts and amp; this story come get k-leg omoh OP you go hear am.

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2015
lomomike:
If after all this publicity stunts and amp; this story come get k-leg omoh OP you go hear am.

lmao...thanks for the compliment. cool

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Wake Up People!
Episode 2 is about to drop, get in and get seated.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 7:55am On Jul 04, 2015
Season 1, Episode 2
It was 7:15 AM,
Timi was at the breakfast table, eating. He was all dressed in his uniform. He had gotten a job as a valet at the prestigious Transcorp Hilton Hotel, which required him to wear a valet uniform. He was still very sore about his performance at the previous night's race.
"I should have done better than that. I could have," he kept mumbling between bites of toast bread.
"You did your best honey," Bridget said from the other end of the table in an attempt to soothe Timi.
"Oh it had better not be. Last night had better not be my best...If it was then we should scratch getting rich off racing from our plans to get rich."Timi countered.

He checked his watch and stood from his seat. " Anyway, I better get going, don't want to be late for work." Bridget went with him to the door. And just as Timi opened it, he met ID and Aisha standing outside. ID was just about to knock. He greeted Timi and then went on to why he had come.

"Sorry for disturbing you so early in the morning. I just wanted to give you this, your cut from last night's winnings."
"Oh, so I even get something," Timi retorted.
ID twitched his mouth a little. "Course you do. You did pretty well last night, especially for a first timer. Later this evening, I'll take you to Big Jo's, he's going to help fix your car."
"But...nothing's wrong with my car." Timi objected.
"Plenty isn't right with it either," ID said.
"What my brother means to say is, your car just needs some tuning," Aisha chipped in.
"Oh. Alright then, see you in the evening. Now I have to get to work," Timi said. And with that, the Hassan siblings departed and Timi went off to his work place.

At 3:15 PM, Timi met with ID at ID's father's car showcase, Skyline Motors.
It was a big glass building, where many exotic cars were placed on platforms for sale.

ID's father, Alhaji Abass Hassan, was a car importer. He had made billions from his business. He was rarely ever in the country though. Always travelling from place to place to get more cars. The old man was in UAE for the time being leaving ID to manage the business in his father's absence. ID got into his own car and drove to Big Jo's car shop, with Timi following closely behind him.

Big Jo was huge, as Timi had suspected. He was very tall, built and fat, which was very strange to Timi. Last time he checked, most fat people were never tall, and none was ever built. Big Jo was like something out of a TV screen, like a weirdly imagined cartoon character.
ID explained to him why he had brought Timi. Big Jo eyed Timi's car.
"Not bad," he said. "Not bad?" Timi asked in shock.
"Are you really sure you're seeing right? Because you just called my Dodge Charger 'not bad'."
"Come get it tomorrow. I'll be done with it by then," Big Jo said.
Timi was stupified. BigJo had completely ignored his remark.
"Fine," Timi said. Timi and ID thanked him.
ID gave Timi a liftback to Skyline Motors. There, ID told him about racing.
"You see Timi, there are many crews, about 36 or more. But the first 20 is the main deal. Our crew, Storm Chasers is 26th, and we really need to make it into the first 20. It takes two races for crews 21st downwards to move a spot up. A circuit race like last night's and a lap race."
"So what's so special about the first 20 crews?" Timi asked.
"It takes 3 races to move up within the first 20. And for a crew to do that, it must win all three races. The winning crew also gets to take one of the last crew's cars. Although that's if the samecrew takes last in at least two of the three races."
"Whoa...what crazy guy makes up all these rules?" Timi asked sarcastically.
"I'll tell you more some other time. Right now, you have to practise. Aisha is going to race you round Maitama.
Are you up for it?"
"No offense... but you want me to race against Aisha?" Timi asked incredulous.
"What? You scared chicken?"
"Nope," Timi answered.
"This is going to be too easy, " he murmured to himself.
"Good," ID replied.
"You'll be using my Nissan since your car's at Jo's. The race will start here, you'll go though Murtala Mohammed Way and end back here. Got it?"
"Sure," Timi replied.

At that moment, Aisha drove out from the garage at Skyline Motors. She was driving a dark red Chevrolet Cobalt SS, with two black stripes at the sides. She stopped at the start line. Timi laughed.
He got into ID's Nissan and drove to the start line too. Then ID did the countdown.
"Start your engines."
"Three...two...one..."
Both cars were already vibrating like old machinery.
"Go!" ID shouted.
And both cars blasted forwards; Timi took the lead with ID's Nissan. Aisha was just an inch behind him.
They darted into the main road, whooshing past vehicle after vehicle.
Timi quickly took to the fast lane, still staying ahead of Aisha.
He darted past a TOYOTA Camry, then a small KIA car. He saw Aisha coming fast behind him through the rear view mirror. They got to a T-Junction. Timi made a swift turn into Murtala Mohammed Way. He saw Aisha miss the turn and smiled to himself.
Just then, a Chevrolet Cobalt SS popped up from a tiny road in front of him-It was Aisha! She had taken a short cut.
Timi mounted harder on the accelerator, dashing past a TOYOTA Avensis, keen on catching up with Aisha. But somehow, Aisha just kept increasing the distance between them.
They reached a roundabout and Aisha without stopping, blasted her way through the myriad of cars into IBB Way, from there it was a straight road back to Skyline Motors. She saw Timi coming behind her about a dozen feet away. She concentrated harder on the road, her speed rising to 115km/h in a busy street. She dodged car after car, avoiding any contact whatsoever with them.

Finally, she sped closer to Skyline Motors, pushing the breaks as she did. Her car drifted into the compound, finishing the race in a grand style. She got out of the car and waited a full three minutes for Timi to arrive.
"Where have you been slow poke?" She teased.
Timi got out of the Nissan, furious.
"You cheated, you took a short cut."
"Taking a short cut is not cheating Timi, It's being smart," ID replied. "She won fair and square. Don't worry, you'll get better.
"The three of them laughed and a while after that, ID dropped Timi off at home.
Timi thought about what ID had told him. They were 26th, and they wanted to reach the very top. It wouldn't be easy, but Timi hoped that one day, they would get there.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Your comments, likes, criticism and your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by mejai(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2015
oh lawd! see as dem dey pass Toyota cars cry what have we done to deserve dis. well, am following....

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by king406(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nice.. a very promising story
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tmanis(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
mejai:
oh lawd! see as dem dey pass Toyota cars cry
what have we done to deserve dis. well, am following....
maybe it was an old woman driving her Toyota at 30km/h...
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tunergy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
A few Pictures for the Online follwers grin
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by peterjero(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Making sense story men, but op the speed you ate using is o the low side with the description given you heard. I love your work. Try to use cars common ly used by Nigerians in your race, just like the way Idris and aisha are common in Abuja......
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2015
Good Morning People,
Lets Get Seated...

Season 1, Episode 3
Aisha sped past a trailer, zooming forward at top speed. She made a sharp turn at a dogleg, only to almost hit an oncoming vehicle she hadn't seen. She swerved sideways, losing control of the car for a fleeting moment-But that was all Timi needed.
Timi capitalised on Aisha's mistake, thrusting forward at full speed. He was right on her tail, just a few inches behind.
This was the final 5 meters. He was determined to win. They both sped onwards, neither wanting to give in to the other. They darted dangerously past other cars on the road, swerving left and right to avoid contact. Just as Timi began to crawl up on Aisha, she sped past the Skyline motors finish line, narrowly beating Timi.

Timi was the first to get out his Dodge Charger. He had picked it up two days earlier from Big Jo's shop. It was faster now, had a much better grip, quicker acceleration-In short, Big Jo had done a really good job. Since then he had been training, trying to up his game, and he had improved considerably well.

"Wow, you finished within five feet of me this time," Aisha mocked, grinning.
"Don't let it get into your head sweetheart.
I was being a gentleman, I let you win." Timi said

ID put an arm around Timi's shoulder.
"You've really got better man, and you car's nicer too." Timi nodded.
He liked the attention. Timi remembered they had a race that evening, and he wasn't sure which two people were going to race. It was a lap race, the second round of their first circuit race. If they won this race, the Storm Chasers would enter the 25th spot.

"So, who and who are going to be racing tonight?" Timi asked.
"Aisha and I have got this." ID replied.
"Yea sure," Timi answered.

Asiwaju Derele was the leader of the crew, Hell Racers, the team on the 21st spot on the racers table.
For weeks now, his crew had been on that same spot, unable to move forward, and he was afraid another crew was going to come and displace them.

He knew the crew, Storm Chasers very well, and he was aware that they posed the biggest threat to him. He was sure he could easily defeat any crew below him, but not the Storm Chasers.

Determined to keep his team in the 21st spot, he came up with a plan to make sure the Storm Chasers would not rise up to challenge him. He approached Ogundade Ebin, a member of the Drifters X, the 25th crew and promised him N200,000 if Ebin would crash Idris Hassan's vehicle during the race.
He was well aware that ID was the best racer they had, eliminating him would devastate the team. At first Ebin refused, but when Derele told him it would benefit them both as the Drifters X would still be able to keep the 25th place, Ebin agreed.

Day went and night came.
It was finally time for the lap race. The two representatives from each the four crews, Storm Chasers, Drifters X, Speed Cruisers and Scarlet Racers were settled at the startline.

Ogunlade Ebin was driving a BMW M3 GTS. As usual, after the countdown to one, the lady at the middle of the road brought down her flag, and the racers in their usual manner blasted past her in full speed, the air flapping her dress and dishevelling her hair. Aisha blasted past the 1971 Mustang Shelby GT500 in front, taking the lead. She kept her speed at an amazing 130km/h for the first 50meters of the race. It was a straight road, and she kept her lead all through. ID was in third place, preferring not to dive into the lead until the second lap of the race. He was hot on the 1972 Mustang Shelby's tails, but wasn't too keen on overtaking him. Racing speedily behind him was Ogundade Ebin's BMW M3.
They approached a sharp bend,and Aisha had to turn at the blind spot. Again, she hadn't expected the Honda Civic that popped up and she barely managed to swerve away from the Honda's path.
Still racing at over 130km/h, she almost lost control of her vehicle but quickly got it back on track. Now the Mustang was right behind her, one more slip up and Aisha would lose her first spot.

The Mustang kept edging closer and closer, and at the next turn, it brushed Aisha's Chevrolet and overtook Aisha at top speed. Aisha mounted her feet harder on the accelerator, determined to regain her top spot. She dashed forward like a bullet, but the Mustang was no joker. Despite the pressure from Aisha, it kept the lead till the end of the first lap. They drove past the start point and the second lap began. Now more determined than ever, Aisha increased her speed to 190km/h, shifting her gear from "sport 2" to"sport X", a gear courtesy of Big Jo's tuning. The air resistance that came around from the intense speed almost crushed the glasses of Aisha's car, and when she darted past the Mustang, the Mustang driver thought he heard his windows crack.

Now back in first place, Aisha was poised to win. However, she suddenly had to push the breaks as she approached a road bump. The sudden stop caused her car to skid into a 360 degree spin. Before she knew it, she was down to fifth place. She started off again, going a full blast of 220km/h. She soon met up with the fourth place, overtook him, then shot past her brother in fourth place, and sprinted her way back to second place. She was finding it difficult to break into the first place. The Ford Mustang driver was very good.

In the next few moments that followed, Aisha's brother increased his speed too, breaking into third place behind her. Ogundade too moved into fourth place behind ID. At the last turning, Aisha at demon speed tore past the Mustang, her tyres splashed waterfrom a poodle right into the Mustang's windshield. The driver of the Mustang heard the "whoosh!" sound that followed Aisha's car.
Only few meters to the finish line, and Ogundade struck!
As ID accelerated further, planning to overtake the Mustang, Ogundade tipped the rear of his car. ID immediately lost control, his tyres screeched loudly, emitting large doses of smoke, his car veered off course and began spinning. Another car coming behind almost rammed right into him but quickly averted the disaster. Everyone watching held their breaths as they saw what had happened. ID's car finally stopped when it crashed into the pavilion by the side of the road, all the glass parts of his car shattered into bits.

Aisha seeing what had happened through her rare view mirror instantly slammed on the breaks, inches before the finish line. The sound of her tyres screeching resonated in the nights' calmness. Immediately she went into a reverse-She was going to rescue her brother...

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Frankestein08(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
That Ogunlade na bastard o angry This keeps on getting better tho. cheesy

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2015
Happy Friday orning to you all
Hope y'all ready for our next update coming up tomorrow.

Anyway, before that Lets go back in time.

THE FIRST PURPOSE-BUILT RACING CIRCUITS.

The Milwaukee Mile is the second-oldest motor racing track in the world still in existence, with racing being held there since 1903. It was not purposely built for motor racing, however. It started as a one-mile (1.6 km) horse-racing track in the 19th century. The first closed-circuit automobile race was held on July 25, 1899 at the Branford Park horse track inNew Haven, Connecticut, and was won by Hiram Percy Maxim in a Pope Columbia.

Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa, is the oldest racing venue, and one of the most prestigious, in the United States. It was built in the late 1800s at the Marion County Fairgrounds in Iowa. It was built for a horse-racing track, just like the Milwaukee Mile. Although sanctioned races were not held until 1914, one automobile race was held in 1901. The race was not good because of the wind; but in 1961, the first Knoxville Nationals was won by Roy Robbins. Now the Nationals are sanctioned by the World of Outlaws.

From 1903 to 1914, a one-mile dirt oval track was run on Brunots Island, just south of Pittsburgh on the Ohio River. Louis Chevrolet won the AAA Champion car in 1905. On September 10, 1907, Rex Reinersten was fatally injured in a crash there. In 1916, Chevrolet won the first Universal Films Trophy at the mile and an eighth Uniontown Speedway board track, south of Pittsburgh inHopwood, Pennsylvania.

Brooklands, in Surrey, was the first purpose-built motor racing venue, opening in June 1907. It featured a 4.43 km (2.75 mi) concrete track with high-speed banked corners. Brooklands was also a centre of the aviation industry, with Vickers setting up a factory and aerodrome there duringWorld War I. The racing circuit was closed in 1939 as war-time aircraft production took over. Damage done to the track during World War II meant the track never reopened for racing.

Competition gradually spread to other parts of the British Empire. The first competition in India was held in 1905 by the Motor Union of Western India. It ran from Delhi to Mumbai, (Delhi–Bombay trials 1905) a distance of 810 miles (1,300 km), in an attempt to expose India to the automobile and test its suitability for Indian conditions. Lord Curzon, the Viceroy, gave his consent to the event.

One of the oldest existing purpose-built automobile racing circuits in the United States, still in use, is the 2.5-mile (4.02 km)-long Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana, built from March to August 1909, when it first opened for racing. It is the largest capacity sports venue of any variety worldwide, with a top capacity of some 257,000+ seated spectators.
The oldest asphalt-paved oval track in the United States is Thompson Speedway Motorsports Parkin Thompson, Connecticut, once known as the
"Indianapolis of the East."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Idea on Toyota Avalon / Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" / Electrical Faults, Brain Box, Burnt Coil, New Engine On Nissan Moran 04

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.