Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) (6024 Views)

Roadx Motorsport Is Organising A Launch Party For Car Racing Fans In Nigeria / Nigeria Hosts Worldwide Car Racing Organisation’s Regional Congress / Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
* Albert Lemaître classified first in hisPeugeot Type 53hp in theParis–Rouen (The world's first motoring contest)

* Subaru’s First Car Was This Quirky Hatchback

* Fernand Gabriel driving a Mors in Paris-Madrid 1903

* A remaining section of the Brooklands track in 2007

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 10:36am On Jul 18, 2015
Season 1, Episode 4
*At The Hospital*
The doctor told Aisha, Timi and Bridget that ID had had a concussion, two fractured ribs, a broken arm, and some mild bruises. The doctor had given ID a sedative, and he wouldn't wake up anytime soon. Aisha, Timi and Bridget spent most of the night in the hospital with ID.

The next morning, before Timi went to work, Aisha came to him. She suggested that they go and meet Danjuma Gaddo, the man behind the racing world, the guy who ran everything. If he should agree that the previous night's race should be rescheduled, then it would be rescheduled. It was just that Danjuma rarely agreed to interfering in the goings of the world he had created. He rarely, if ever, calls for a re-race for a reason whatsoever. It was going to be difficult to convince him.
Timi promised to go with her to Danjuma's house when he came back from work.

At around 4PM that day, Aisha and Timi went to Danjuma's house. Aisha drove, since Timi didn't know where Danjuma lived. They presently arrived at the house and were let in by the gateman. It was a huge duplex, mostly painted white.The walls were as high as mountains, and they had barbed wires fixed atop them. It was an impenetrable fortress.

Timi and Aisha were ushered in by the butler, he waved them seats and went in to fetch Danjuma. Damjuma looked elegant in his black Kaftan, with a fitting black cap. He took his seat in an arm chair opposite Timi and Aisha."Hello, Aisha," Danjuma greeted,
the both of them were quite acquainted.
"What's the name of the newbie again?"
Timi felt a bit upset with that, but there was no need to get angry with the guy whose help they had come to seek.
"I'm Timi, Timi Andrews."
"Oh yeah, Timmy.
So you've got two English names..."Danjuma replied.
"No...no, it's Timi, as in Timilehin,
not the "Timmy" you're thinking," Timi corrected.

Aisha got to the reason why they'd come. She stated flatly.
"We want last night's race rescheduled."Danjuma scoffed.
"I saw last night's race, accidents happen all the time."
"It wasn't an accident Danjuma. Ogundade hit my brother's car on purpose,and I want payback."
"Then you'll get it in the next race the two of you are in," Danjuma said.
Aisha paused, then spoke,
" You know, I'd feel better if he had sabotaged my brother to win the race. But Ogundade wasn't even trying to win. When I watched the clip of the race, I noticed he was behind my brother all through, never tried to out run him. I need to find out why.

"Danjuma looked at Aisha, then Timi, who had been mute all through. Timi hadn't talked because he wasn't familiar with Danjuma. Danjuma took a minute to make a decision.
Finally, he agreed.
"You're right Aisha. Ogundade wasn't trying to win, so I'd like to know why he bashed your brother's car too. The race will be rescheduled-Two nights from now.
"Aisha and Timi got up thanking Danjuma. This time, they'd make sure Ogundade paid for his treachery.

That night, Aisha traced Ogundade to a club. Ogundade who had received his payment from Asiwaju Derele was having a blast time at the club when Aisha barged in. She went straight to confront him, landing a hot slap on his right cheek. Before Ogundade could react, she gave him another. Everyone around paused in shock. The bartender, who was filling a cup with a drink was so shocked, he didn't notice the cup had started overflowing.
Ogundade was just about to react when suddenly, out of the blue, Timi stepped between them. Luckily, he had decided to get a drink in that club that night.

He pulled Aisha away and stopped Ogundade from dishing out his own hit.
"I'm going to make sure you pay for what you did to my brother," Aisha threatened.
"Try anything stupid, and you'll end up just like him," Ogundade shouted back.
Timi was still between both of them. Ogundade tried to shove him aside and Timi pushed back...Before either man knew it, they were exchanging blows. In a fit of rage, after Ogundade landed a massive fist on Timi's face, Timi grabbed him by his collar, raised him, and sent him through a table, shattering the table itself and the glass wares on it. Still breathing heavily, Timi bellowed,
"Better hope that two nights from now, you wouldn't be road kill," and he stormed out of the club with Aisha.

The next day, after Timi had finished from work, he went to Skyline Motors, this time taking Bridget along. Aisha was expecting them both. She and Timi had scheduled a practise race for that evening. They were suspecting that Ogundade was going to try to ram them, so they had to stay one step ahead of him.

"You're early," Aisha said, before facing Bridget and greeting her warmly.
"Yeah, got away from work early today. Let's start," Timi declared.
"Wait," Bridget protested, searching her hand bag frantically.
"I've got something for both of you." Finally, she took out three ultra small ear receivers, and handed one each to Timi and Aisha. Then she took out two tiny Go Pro cameras, and mounted one each atop Timi and Aisha's vehicles.
"I want us to try these out. If you guys are going to be racing tomorrow, I have to make sure you're safe. You can't focus on the road ahead of you and at the same time worry about who's behind you."
"So with these receivers, you can help us watch our backs," Aisha added, a slight smile touchingher lips.
"Yes, I'll be watching the race, and if I see anything out of the ordinary, I'll let you know. So I want us to test it out today,"Bridget said.

She went on to ask Aisha if she had a computer around. Aisha pointed her to a laptop inside the glass Skyline building. While Aisha and Timi got into their cars, Bridget reached the laptop and logged onto a map application. Then touching the receiver in her hear she asked,
"Can you guys hear me?"
"Loud and clear," the duo replied.
"Okay guys, I'm locking unto the signals of the trackers of your cars..."
"Wait where did you learn to do all these?" Aisha aksed, perplexed.
"She studied Systems Engineering in the US," Timi replied.
Some seconds later, Bridget was done. She had locked unto the signals of their trackers, with that, she would be able to know where each car was on the map, and with the cameras, she would be able to see all the action live, like during a normal race. The map image and the videos appeared on separate windows on her desktop. All was ready.
"Alright guys, you can begin your race...In three, two, one...GO!
"The tyres of Aisha's Cobalt SS screeched loudly as she thrust forward, her car's and Timi's, edge to edge. They both kept accelerating at a constant rate, till they blasted out of the Skyline Compound, now stepping slightly on their breaks as they turned into the main roads. Bridget's program was working perfectly.
"Watch out guys, traffic's pretty busy ahead," She warned...Neither took heed...They just sped faster...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Guys pls your comments, likes, criticism and your suggestions are needed.
I need you to motivate me cos if feels like you ain't enjoying this story.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2015
Season 1, Episode 5
"The doctor said you'll be out in a few days."
Aisha squeezed her brother's hands tighter. He had woken up hours earlier and the nurses had given her a call.
"Well I'd prefer if they let me out today. You did say the re-race was this night right?"
ID said, making his best attempt to hide the considerably pain he was feeling. He achedall over.
"Yeah, but ID, you're in no position to sit behind a steering wheel."
"Oh, come on Aisha, I can drive with one eye closed and a hand tied behind my back."Aisha laughed.
"Look, Timi and I have got this covered. We'll win this race for you."
"But I want to help," ID added.
"Yes, and the only way you can do that is to rest and get well. Just leave it to us.

"The conversation dragged on and on, until when the sun began to set.
Aisha took her leave promising to come see ID again soon. She headed to Timi's.

Aisha exchanged greetings with Bridget and Timi upon her arrival, then started discussing the race.
"This race is going to be considerably difficult. It's the second time the race is being held so everyone already knows what to expect," Timi said.
"Yeah, last time, Speed Cruisers' Emeka Chibuzo won the race with his Mustang Shelby GT500. I expect he'll try to win this too-by all means," Aisha commented.
"Definitely, he's going to give us a run for our money. And then there's Ogundade. He's definitely going to try to crash one of us," Timi added,in deep thought.
"He can try. We're way ahead of him," Bridget said, thinking about how the receivers she bought were going to help prevent that.

A while later, they stopped chattering. For some reason, they were all anxious about this race. While each wrestled with the thoughts in his/her mind, one thing was sure, they were doing this for Idris. They had spent a really long time discussing their plans for the race. They had talked for so long that they had almost missed the real race.

They got to the start line just minutes before the race began. Bridget, who had rode with Timi alighted with her laptop in arm. She found a place to sit, put on her laptop, worked her magic and she was able to see all the racers on her screen clearly. Those GoPro cameras were really good. In addition to the visuals, she had audio connections with Timi and Aisha.

Timi kept going over the race in his mind. He was calm, confident. He told himself over and over, that he had this in the bag.

Aisha sat, alert, behind the wheels. Images of her brother's accident kept flashing in her mind. She planned on getting the one responsible to pay for it. For her, that was her motivation to win this race.

The racers started their engines, though they didn't move yet. Then the countdown began.
Three...two...one...and the lady standing in front of the cars waveddown her flag. The various speedsters sprinted into action, quickly becoming nothing but blurs to the naked eye. Like the Storm Chasers had expected, Speed Cruiser Emeka Chibuzo had sped himself into the lead, his Mustang Shelby thrusting forward like an unstoppable war head. Blurring closely behind him was Emeka's crew mate Ahmed Anda , he too moving at an unfathomable speed in his green Aston Martin DB9. The Speed Cruisers were undoubtedly keen on winning the race.

Furiously on the Aston Martin's tails was Timi, going faster than he had ever been. As he whooshed rapidly past seemingly moving buildings, trees and shops, Timi felt his heart beat faster than he'd ever experienced. He wasn't surprised when he darted an eye to his speedometer and saw 260km/hr. Thank heavens it was past midnight so the roads were free. The top three turned speedily into a bend, neither even slipping up by a bit. Emeka Chibuzo's intense speed caused an ornamental plant by the roadside to fall as he tore past it. Ahmed's closely following Aston Martin split the plant in two as it shot over it, and the tyres of Timi's Dodge Charger grinded the plant to dust as they went over it.

Speeding behind Timi were Aisha and Ogundade. They were neck to neck. Ogundade would overtake Aisha and Aisha would overtake back in no time. Neither was giving way for the other.

The last three cars on the other hand were nowhere in sight. It was like they were not even in the race at all. Still going at bizarre speeds, Emeka navigated a sharp bend without slowing down even a little. His car drifted abit but Emeka was even able to use that to his own advantage. It was like Emeka was possessed. He was driving crazily like a real speed demon. He didn't seem to care a dime about safety. He reached a new corner and turned sharply again, navigating the bend perfectly without reducing speed.
He was gaining distance between him and Ahmed now. Yet again, Emeka got to a dogleg, and in his usual reckless self, Emeka veered left, slipping unharmed into the junction, his speed bordering around 290km/hr. Emeka's insane driving was making it difficult for Ahmed to keep up, not to talk about Timi. Timi who couldn't bear to throw caution in the wind navigated each of his turns as carefully as his speed allowed him to. Yeah, he wanted to win the race, but he was not quite ready to end up at the other side. Despite the fact that he was going faster than he'd ever been, he couldn't seem to catch up with Ahmed's Aston Martin in front of him. He desperately hoped for a miracle.

The road contorted into a twist taking a snake-like outline. Emeka thought whether to step off his accelerator because of the numerous twirls ahead. He decided against it and instead, marched harder on the throttle. The tyres of his car were barely on the road now. He turned, twirled and twisted with the road. How he perfectly slid left and right without bashing into anything was like magic.
How the hell was he doing this? Timi asked himself.
Emeka came up to the end of the twisting road where it led into a junction. Emeka hastily veered into the one lane road and unexpectedly, his tyres gave way. There was a loud pop sound, and the next thing Emeka knew was that his car was tumbling.
He bashed his head right and left, against the window, the steering...An unsuspecting Ahmed who too was racing at an almost uncontrollable speed crashed into his boss'tumbling vehicle. There was a loud explosion...Timi who was speeding behind Ahmed instinctively pressed down on his brakes, his hands pushing the gear to stop immediately. Timi's car narrowly skidded past the exploding vehicles, the flames even reaching as far as his windshield. Once clear of the danger, Timi put his car back into sport, and marched on his throttle, speeding on.
Timi was now in first place. Aisha coming in behind Timi saw as Emeka miraculously crawled out of his burning car. It seemed Ahmed would be able to make it too. She darted past the gory sight knowing Ogundade was chasing behind her.

Ogundade realised that the race would soon end and decided to hit Aisha's car. He pressed onwards speedily, and just as he was about to tip the end of Aisha's car, Bridget's voice sounded into Aisha's ears over the receiver. "Behind you!" Bridget screamed. That was all the warning Aisha needed. She turned her steering left and stepped on the brakes, escaping Ogundade's hit. Now she was behind Ogundade, in a perfect position to send him on a collision course towards the pavilions by the side of the road. She edged closer to him. Bridget noticed what she was doing and pleaded with her not to go ahead with it. An inch away from Ogundade's car, Aisha changed her mind and moved away from Ogundade, over taking him from the right. She quickly gained distance between herself and him.

The finish line was now in Timi's sights. He could see Aisha coming closely behind him through the rear view mirror. He pressed forward, and few feet from the finish line, he slowed down, allowing Aisha to whoosh past him. Aisha crossed the finish line first and Timi came in second, an inch behind. Ogundade managed to come in third...and the remaining cars filed in one after the other.

The Storm Cruisers had won, and as Timi brought his car to an halt, he whispered, "For Idris".

TO BE CONTINUED...

All dis ghost readers wey no wan comment, There's god o n
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
A really lovely racing series. Onto d nxt one. Bridget's innovation paid off.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
A really lovely racing series. Onto d nxt one. Bridget's innovation paid off. Good to have eyes @ d back of your head.

2 Likes

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by kingsley989(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
I'm really enjoying your series...thumbs up man.

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MSItachi: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Following Firmly seated. Buys sharwarma and pepsi
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by toxiflam: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
Feeling ur storyline, op
Let's see how the plot turns out.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 7:20am On Aug 01, 2015
dumo1
kingsley989
MSItachi
toxiflam ... I don clear front seat for unah o, get seated. No, no, I mean behind lomomike grin

Season 1, Episode 6
It was a norm for Aisha and ID to clean up the multitude of exotic cars at Skyline Motors every Saturday morning. That way the cars were always spick and span.

This Saturday however, was a little bit different.
ID was still at the hospital, and Aisha had decided to clean the over 300 cars all by herself. She was on the twenty-first car when Timi came in, hailing her with a good morning.
Aisha replied warmly.
She paused her cleaning for a second to flash Timi a smile, then went on.
"Need some help with that?" Timi asked,
when he realised she was planning on cleaning all the cars by herself.
"Nah, I've got it," Aisha replied.
"You know Aisha, it's okay to accept a helping hand once in a while..."
"And who says I don't?" Aisha firedback.
Timi smiled, walked up to her and forcibly collected the cloth in her hand.
"Since I've met you, I've never heard you say yes to a can I help you question.
"Aisha shrugged. "So what? I'm an independent woman."
"Independent? Good. But you're not independent, you're something else. Something bothering around social phobia."
"Me? A phobia?" Aisha asked, incredulous.
"I drive 260 km/hr on a good day, trust me, I'm not afraid of anything."
"So you say..."

At that moment, Timi's phone started ringing. The number was unfamiliar to Timi, and he picked the call, a little skeptical.
"Hello, please who's this?" Timi asked, as he picked the call.
"Hi, please may I speak with a Mr Timi Andrews?" The caller asked.
"You're speaking with him. What do you want?"
"Are you sure? You sound a little younger than I expected," the caller said.
Feeling insulted, Timi hardened his voice and bawled into the phone,
"What do you want?"
"I...I need your help...My name's Bolade Akanji...and I need a driver?"
"What!" Timi exclaimed and cut the call. Aisha asked who it was that called him, and Timi replied,
"Wrong number."Timi stared around for a while, and after taking in everything, said,
"You know, this place is just basically a fancy five-storey parking lot."Aisha giggled.
"What else would you have it look like?" She asked sarcastically.
"Well, it's not like I'm complaining or anything," Timi retorted.
"It actually looks good." Barely had Timi finished talking when Ogundade Ebin walked in.

Timi whirled round as he heard the glass doors swing open. He was taking a back for a moment with the sight of Ogundade.
"Wow...you're the last person I was expecting to see. You've got guts to showing your face here," Timi said.
"Not here for a fight Timi," Ogundade said.
"I came to thank Aisha." Now it was Aisha's time to be surprised.
"Came to thank me for what?" Aisha asked, perplexed.
"You had the drop on me last night. You could have sent me crashing, but you didn't. Thanks."
"Well, don't be surprised, she's not a low life like you," Timi retorted.
Aisha winced, fighting hard to suppress a laughter.
"You're welcome Ogundade," she said. Ogundade nodded, and turned to leave. As he got to the door, he turned back.
"There's one other thing I think you guys should know."
"What's that? That you suck at driving?" Timi asked smartly.
Aisha fought to suppress another laughter.
"No," Ogundade replied sternly.
"I was hired to hit Idris. I was hired by Asiwaju Derele.
"Aisha gasped when he heard the name, then her countenance quickly changed.
"Thank you for telling us that," she said, her voice dark and mean. Ogundade took his leave.
"Sounds like you have history with this Derele guy," Timi uttered, when he noticed the sudden change the name had brought to Aisha's mood.
"Yes," Aisha replied.
"Asiwaju Derele was a member of our crew before. He, my brother and I formed Storm Chasers together."
"Then....why'd he leave?" Timi asked, genuinely interested.
"He betrayed us. Knowingly lost us a race to earn a spot on a higher crew, Hell Racers. He leads that crew now. It was because of his betrayal that my brother and I found it difficult to get another crew member to replace him; we just couldn't trust anyone.
"Timi sighed."I'm sorry."
"Don't be," Aisha replied.
"When I'm done with Derele, he's going to be sorry," she said.
"No," Timi objected.
"When we are done with Derele, he'll be sorry,"
Timi corrected, stressing the "we".
Aisha nodded.

Timi was in his car on his way home when the number that had called him earlier called again. Reluctantly, he picked the call and beamed into the phone,
"I've told you, I'm not interested in being your driver."
"No...no...you don't understand. I don't mean I want to employ you. Some people are after my life and I was told you could drive me safely out of here," Bolade Akanji replied,
traces of fear could be heard in his voice.
"I'm sorry mister, but I'm done with things like that," Timi replied.
There was an extended silence. Then the caller spoke,
"Yeah, I told Governor Abejide you wouldn't help. Guess I was right."
"Wait," Timi beamed. "You mean to say, Governor Abejide told you to call me?"
"Yes," Bolade Akanji replied.
"He told me you drove his daughter safely to the airport when his enemies were after her. Now, she's safe in the United States.
"Timi exhaled deeply.
"Fine, I'll help. Where do you want to meet?"

That night, Timi told Bridget about the call he had received from Bolade Akanji.
"So it was my dad who told him to contact you," Bridget said.
"Apparently," Timi replied.
"You know we can't keep this up forever," Bridget said.
"I know...but for now...it's the only way to ensure your safety. No one knows where you really are.
"Bridget nodded, her eyes fluttered.
"About Mr Bolade...are you going to help him?"
"You know I can't say no," Timi replied.
"People are after him...and when you try to get him out to wherever he wants to go, you'll be inharm's way too."
"I know," Timi answered, gravely.
"Just, be careful," Bridget said.

She rose to her feet and left the sitting room. Timi recoiled into his chair and thought about the day's events...he soon fell asleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tunergy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
This Ghost Reader just woke up and Trust me when i say your blend of Imagination and Expression is top notch.

Weldon Bruv.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
sometimes I wonder how this guy just writes stories dat keeps one itching for the next episode. & coincidentally he hasn't hit d famous writers wall.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
tunergy:
This Ghost Reader just woke up and Trust me when i say your blend of Imagination and Expression is top notch.

Weldon Bruv.

thank you.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
dumo1:
sometimes I wonder how this guy just writes stories dat keeps one itching for the next episode. & coincidentally he hasn't hit d famous writers wall.

lol, thanks for d compliment. wink
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by kingsley989(m): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
Good work... Waiting eagerly for episode 7. cheesy
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tunergy(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Yippee its another Saturday,

Front row seat booked!
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 8:05am On Aug 08, 2015
It's been a great week, with bikers converge making front page and all. Also, thank you all for your supports n contributions.
Ok, less talking, lets get down to the business for today,
Before someone looses their cool.

SEASON 1, EPISODE 7
Timi missed Idris' discharge from the hospital because he was on his way to Bolade Akanji's home, somewhere around Asokoro. After driving half way around Abuja, Timi finally arrived at the grand mansion that was Bolade Akanji's abode.

"Wow," Timi muttered as he slowly drove towards the gate.
The magnificent duplex had five stupendously designed pillars holding up the building at the front, each painted in a recurring pattern of green, red and white colours. As the gate opened to allow Timi to come in, he was taken aback by the large, expansive compound, adorned with such beautiful ornamental flowers Timi could have sworn could only exist in heaven.

Whoever this guy was, he was very darn rich, Timi concluded.

Bolade Akanji himself came to meet Timi outside. As Timi stepped out of the car, he saw, and very clearly too that Bolade Akanji was very unnerved.
Timi shook hands with him and formally introduced himself in person.

"Timi Andrews," he said.
Taking his hand,
"Bolade Akanji," the other replied.
"Nice place," Timi commended.
"Yeah, but now I've got leave. I need to get back home to Lagos State and remain there for a little while," Bolade replied.
"Are you in any kindof trouble?" Timi asked, still wondering what could be scaring this man that much.
"Yes, big trouble. Why do you think I called you? The man who was after Governor Abayomi's daughter is after me too. I can't take the airport, he's got people there. I can't even take any of my cars; he probably has people tracking them. That's why we're using yours."
"Wait, what?" Timi said protesting.
"We can't use my car; we didn't agree on anything about using my car...
"Bolade Akanji didn't take heed of Timi's protest going ahead to open the boot of Timi's grey Dodge Charger and dumping his suitcase there. He slammed the boot closed and walked back to a still protesting Timi.

"Look, Mr Andrews, the more time we waste arguing here, the more dangerous this trip gets for you and me. We'd better get going."
"But what if something happens to my car?" Timi asked, making one last attempt to try to convince Bolade to allow them to use one of his cars instead as Timi could see many exotic cars littering the compounds like trash bottles.

"Mr Andrews, I'm a Nigerian Senator; if anything happens to your car, I'll oversee the repairs. I promise."
"A Senator eh," Timi said taking another look around.
"Now it all makes sense," he completed.

Timi got into the car, and Bolade took the passenger's seat beside Timi. As Timi started off his engine, he muttered again,
"I swear if anything happens to my baby, I'll make sure you pay for it."
"It's just a car Mr Andrews," Bolade replied, much to Timi's annoyance.

Timi drove out the gate and ventured into the main street, disappearing into the multitude of cars in front. After driving through the streets for about an hour and now nearing the outskirts of the city without any incident, Timi started to think the man beside him was just being paranoid.

"You see, we're almost out of the city and no one's come after us. Are you sure this whole thing isn't in your mind? We can still turn back now before we go too..."
"Look out!" Bolade screamed.

Timi instantly noticed the black van coming at them with full speed from the junction by his left. The car was clearly heading to ram them. Timi slammed on the breaks and his Dodge Charger suddenly stopped, throwing both occupants of the car forwards violently. The van dashed past them, narrowly missing their Dodge Charger. Timi quickly marched on the accelerator again shifting his gear to Sport 1 as the Van started making an attempt to reverse having missed its target. Barely had they started to move when two other black Mercedes Benz C63 AMG's busted out of nowhere both taking position by each side of the Dodge Charger.

"What the hell did you do to get on these people's backsides!!!" Timi screamed as he smashed his way out of the lock the Mercedes cars had got him into.

With two cars on his tails and a surprisingly fast van chasing behind them, Timi further engaged his Sport 2 gear. He darted forwards, swinging from lane to lane as fast as he could in an attempt to throw the cars of his tails. But it wasn't going to be that easy.

"Still think I'm paranoid?" Bolade asked with a sneer.
"Now is not the time for an I told you so!!!" Timi shouted back and Bolade kept mum.

One of the C63 AMGs caught up with Timi and bashed into the Dodge Charger from the left side. The car shook.

"Damn! He's going to destroy my car!!" Timi lamented.
"He's going to kill us if you don't bash him back!" Bolade pointed out.

Timi drove away from the AMG and suddenly steered right bashing his car into the AMG. The AMG driver seemed to lose control for a minute, but before Timi could breathe a little easier, the other Mercedes attacked him from the other side, causing his car to shake violently. Timi thought he heard the glass crack-oh, it actually did. Still trying to struggle with the new AMG that had just caught up to him, the other one rammed him from the other side again. The resulting shock sending Timi's head bashing against the head rest of his seat. And then, as Timi saw both AMGs withdraw, he quickly guessed that they were going to try and ram him at the same time from either sides. And when they tried, Timi pushed the breaks and steered his car hard to the right. Both Mercedes vehicles crashed into each other with full force, shattering their windshields and blowing their front tyres.

"Boo yeah!" Timi celebrated,

only to be hit from behind by the black van. Timi heard as the rear glass shattered into a million pieces as the van impacted his car a second time.
For a fleeting moment Timi felt like breaking down. But instead, he quickly sped up. He was very sure that the van wouldn't be able to keep up-it didn't need to. The side door of the van slid open, and popping his head out of the van was a man wielding what Timi identified as an assault rifle.

"Shit!" Timi exclaimed.
"I've only seen those stuffs in movies!" He shouted as the man opened fire on him.
"Oh my God, we're going to die," Bolade said calmly as if experiencing a moment of self awareness.

Timi started darting right and left, sending his car into a slithering like motion, making his best efforts at avoiding the bullets. But it was less than effective. Bullets smashed into the glass windows, breaking them into shards.

"Duck!" Timi ordered Bolade, as bullets kept darting past them.

Just as it seemed things couldn't get any worse, a huge truck suddenly came out from a junction in front, a junction Timi had been planning to lose the van behind. The truck pulled up in a horizontal fashion across the road, blocking its entire length. And lo and behold, atop the truck was another hostile, carrying a rocket launcher and taking aim at Timi's oncoming car.

"Now we're going to die," Bolade said sullenly.

To Be Continued...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tmanis(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
O.M.G!
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
wow that was cool.next please
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 09, 2015
omo mehn dis series keeps getting better by the day. Op. Have u ever thought about making this series into a cartoon or something or probably a movie. it would be fun. I see a very nice script here.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2015
dumo1:
omo mehn dis series keeps getting better by the day. Op. Have u ever thought about making this series into a cartoon or something or probably a movie. it would be fun. I see a very nice script here.

yea, we're considering it but for now we're taking it one step at a time. no need to rush things.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
MotoringNigeria:

yea, we're considering it but for now we're taking it one step at a time. no need to rush things.
update na
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2015
sorry guys
this week has been crazy with exams n all.
episode 8 is coming up shortly.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 9:57am On Aug 15, 2015
Season 1, Episode 8
Timi, seeing a ramp upfront, few feet to the truck realised that all hope was not lost just yet. As he sped up, the man with the rocket launcher finally locked in on Timi's car and fired. The superfast moving missile darted forward straight at Timi's car. Bolade was already screaming at the top of his voice, preparing to be blown to smithereens. But just as the rocket reached them, Timi pulled a daring stunt, slamming on the breaks suddenly and steering left at the same time, resulting in the right side of the car shooting up...and the missile just barely missed the car, scraping its underneath and blowing up as it hit the ground behind Timi's barraged car.
Timi dropped the car on all fours again, further increasing speed. The man with the rocket launcher began targeting again, and just as it seemed he had finally locked in on his target, Timi charged up the ramp he had seen, catapulting into the air and flying in style over the truck before impacting the ground again with a loud thud. The force from the impact threw him and Bolade, who had been closing his eyes all the while, against their seats. The hostiles in the truck and the van were left stupefied at Timi's escape. They could hardly believe what they had seen. They tried to re-organize themselves to start chasing after Timi again, but Timi's Dodge Charger had already disappeared in the distance.

Slowly, a terrified Bolade opened his eyes, expecting to find himself in the world beyond. He looked behind the Dodge Charger and found that no car was chasing them any longer, and asked in an incredibly surprised tone,

"We got away?" Timi smiled.
"What did you expect?"

At thatmoment, the Dodge Charger started jolting and then began slowing down.

"What's happening?" A fretful Bolade questioned.
"I...I don't know," an equally confused Timi replied.

Without further warning, the car stopped in its tracks. Bolade's eyes darted to the side view mirror, expecting to see their pursuers emerging any moment now.

"This isn't good," Bolade said fearfully.

Timi tried to jumpstart the car. The engine revved, but didn't start.Timi gave it another try, and then another. Now he was getting worried too.

"Get us out of here Timi!" Bolade said, his voice rising.
"I'm trying!" Timi shouted back.

Seconds later, still stuck where they were, Timi spotted the Van some distances behind them. With no luck on getting the car started, Timi suggested to Bolade that they get out and make a run for it. But just as they opened the door, the van reached beside them, with two hostiles pointing assault rifles at them. Timi and Bolade instinctively put their hands up and the hostiles forced them into the van.

About fifteen minutes later, the van stopped outside a safe house in an obscured location. Timi and Bolade were shoved out of the van. There were a total of two armed men came out after them and soon the driver of the van followed suit.

The three goons walked behind Timi and Bolade as they marched into the safe house. The structure was quite big. It was made of wood and scraps of metal. There were two people carrying guns standing guard by the each side of the entrance. Once inside, Timi stared hard at the piles wooden cases littered around. He wondered what the cases contained. The floor was cemented and one good look at the roof showed Timi the holes that cluttered the roof. God forbid it rained here, else, everyone and everything would be drenched wet, Timi thought. Ahead of them were a sofa and two old arm chairs. Behind the furniture was a black curtain. Timi tried to peer through but wasn't able to see anything.

"Stop! Stay here," one of the three goons who had brought them ordered.
The goon walked forward and disappeared behind the curtain. A little while later, the goon emerged again, along with a short, stout, somewhat ugly looking man whom Timi immediately recognised. It was Mba Oke. Timi recalled he had seen the man in the Governor's house in Lagos. He was on his way to see the Governor when he passed by Mba who had just finished a meeting with the Governor. Whatever had transpired between Mba and Governor Abejide had left the good Governor troubled. That was when Governor Abejide informed Timi that his daughter's life was in danger and that he wanted Timi to drive her to the airport the very next day. Now Timi was staring right at this same man. Mba Oke took his seat on the sofa and gave a wide grin as he looked up at Timi and Bolade.

"Senator Bolade Akanji...I told it was futile to try to escape," Mba said, still grinning widely.

The Senator gave no reply. Mba countenance suddenly changed.

"Have we met before?" Mba asked, glaring keenly at Timi.
"No...no,I don't think so. I wouldn't forget an ugly face like yours,
" Timi replied, eliciting a chuckle from Mba's goons.
"Oh, so you think this is a joke," Mba said in a very deadly voice.
"I assure you stranger, by the time I'm done with you, you would beg to cry.
"Timi scoffed.
"You know, you should smile more often, might help make you look less hideous. Then again I'm not sure smiles are going to cut it, maybe plastic surgery," Timi said, ignoring Mba's threat.

He only seemed to annoy Mba the more.

"I don't have time for you yet."
"Senator," Mba continued.
"You know why you are here. You're fighting a lost cause, your resistance is futile. Join us and your life might yet be spared."

"Join you? You mean join your cabal and become a pawn of the Senate President. I would never!" Senator Bolade replied.
"You know, I'd like to know exactly what this is about, that's, if you don't mind," Timi put in.
"Shut up you!" Mba ordered.
"This does not concern you."
"Okay, you mind," Timi muttered on hearing Mba's reply.

Facing the Senator once more, Mba said.

"Tread carefully Senator, it's your life on the line here."
"No," Bolade replied. "It's my soul. You're asking me to become someone I've vowed not to be."
"Very well then," Mba answered.
"You have made your decision."
"Take them out back...make it painful," Mba said to his goons, ordering them to kill Timi and Bolade.

Bolade and Timi were led out through a different entrance from the one they had walked in. Out back, one of the three goons pulled out a pistol from under his belt, the other two still clutching tightly to their rifles. He ordered Timi to face him, and placed the mouth of the gun on Timi's chest.

"Boss said we should make it slow and painful," the goon said.
He got ready to pull the trigger.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Don't forget to share ur thoughts with us.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tunergy(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2015
Time check, Saturday morning 22-08-2015 9:15am

Where is my Dose?

smiley
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Frankestein08(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2015
Hian, Op neva show
This is awkward
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sorry guys
there won't be updates from me for a while cos am currently writing exams, been stuck wit books and I've no time type.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tunergy(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
MotoringNigeria:
Sorry guys
there won't be updates from me for a while cos am currently writing exams, been stuck wit books and I've no time type.

All the best
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
dumo1 kingsley989 MSItachi
toxiflam tunergy tmanis trishguy
marshalcarter lomomike gazzuzz
Lagusta Divineluv14 mejai
King406 Peterjero Nobody n all our mighty ghost readers, Roadkill is back n better.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we had a little glitch which had to be corrected and now we're back just for your reading pleasure.

There are 5 more episodes before Season 1 ends, you can also get the updates in your mailbox by subscribing to our newsletters on out mother site motoringnigeria.com.

Episode 9 will come up in some minutes, get ur engines started.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Season 1, Episode 9
Just as Mba's henchman was about to pull the trigger, Timi seized his wrist and wrenched the gun from his hands. Then Timi quickly shot one of the remaining two goons with it. The last one instinctively fired at Timi, who used the henchman he was holding as a shield to stop the bullets, then he shot the last henchman.

The whole thing happened so fast, it left Bolade confused for the next few moments. Timi shouted at him to run, jolting him back from his shock. The two of them ran as fast as they could to the side of the safe house where they had spotted a car. Just as they were about to reach the car, two other henchmen appeared out of nowhere and opened fire on them. Still, Timi and Bolade managed to get into the car, Timi getting into the driver's seat and Bolade the passenger seat beside him.

Timi quickly hotwired the car, a red 2012 TOYOTA GT 86 with a 2.0 litre engine.

"This should do," Timi murmured. "Like we have a choice," Bolade replied.

As Timi started the car amidst a barrage of gun fire,

Bolade asked," Where did you learn to do that? The shooting and the carjacking."
"You ask questions at the oddest times! If we do make it out of here alive, I just might tell you!" Timi replied.

He shot the car into a reverse, hitting two hostiles with guns as he did. Bullets kept hitting the car from left and right, all the guards now keen on stopping them. Still in reverse, Timi pushed further backwards, taking down more guards and breaking down structures that hindered his escape. His ears almost deafened from the intense noise of the guns firing. A bullet lodged itself firmly in the windshield, cracking it a bit. Timi gasped.

As he continued to reverse, he backed up into the van that had pursued them earlier. Then he changed gear and forced the car forwards, then quickly turned the car around before blasting away from the compound.

They didn't get far at all before Timi noticed nothing less than six cars chasing after them. Two Peugeot RCZs one blue and the other green. A grey Audi TT, one black Ford puma and two white Mazda MX-5s.

"Damn," Timi exclaimed.
"Where do these guys get these cars from?"

He made his way forwards through the dozens of other cars on the road, fighting fiercely to stay ahead of the cars chasing him. But they kept creeping closer and closer to him. Timi saw an intersection upfront and sped up, eliciting the same reaction from the cars chasing him. As he got to the intersection, he did a crazy 360 degree spin, drifting into the intersection then drifting back to the road he was coming from . The grey Audi TT and one the MazdaMX-5's which had been the closest to Timi tried to spin their cars as Timi had done, only to be bashed into by two other cars trying to make a turn at that intersection. The collisions sent Audi flying into the air and then crashing on top of the Mazda.

"Two down, four to go," Timi whispered.

He continued to make his way among the other cars on the road. He sped up and got between a Honda CR-V and a Forge Ranger. As the other Mazda MX-5 reached beside him, Timi overtook the Honda CR-V. The unsuspecting MX-5 tried to bash into Timi's car but wound up crashing into the CR-V instead, totalling both cars.

"Three left," Timi whispered.

With only the Puma and the Peugeots on his tail now, Timi breathed just a little bit easier. The road further on split into two carriage ways. Timi quickly noticed that one of the carriage ways had been blocked, diverting all traffic to the other carriage way. Timi sped up and broke through the blockade of obstructed carriage way. The three cars following Timi did the same, not paying attention to the "Road Blocked, Construction On going" sign. Up ahead, Timi saw that the road led to a bridge whose railings had been broken off. Just a few feet after where the bridge had began to lose its railings, a huge pile of bricks were arranged to keep any vehicle from going through.

"Uh oh!" Bolade exclaimed.
"Now we're trapped, we should have taken the other side!"

Timi reacted by speeding further, his car clocking 260km/hr.

"What...what are you doing?" A scared Bolade asked.

Timi knitted his eyebrows in concentrationas he pressed harder down on the accelerator. The occupants of the cars chasing him guessed he was going to try and break through the brick obstruction, so they too, mounted harder on their accelerators, prepared to follow him through the pile of bricks. Timi sped up, going faster and faster and faster. And when he reached the part of the bridge where the railings had been broken off, he steered left as hard as he could, driving off the bridge! Bolade started to scream at the top of his voice.

Timi, now in mid air pressed harder still on the throttle and then turned the steering to the right as rapidly as he could, the car veered right, landing back on the edge of the bridge on the other side of the pile of bricks. His tyres screeched loudly as his drove forwards, still driving at top speed. One of the two Peugeots attempted to copy Timi's move. He drove off the bridge, but couldn't quite make it back and as such, fell meters down into the water, splashing loudly as the car impacted the river. The Puma decided to ram the pile of bricks and break through it. But the bricks proved too strong as the front end of the Ford Puma compressed like crunched paper on impact. The last car, the other Peugeot, simply stopped seeing that there was no way he could go after Timi and Bolade. He accepted defeat.

Bolade kept screaming even minutes after Timi had gone off and back on the bridge. Timi kept telling him to shut up but Bolade just couldn't. His body was shaking like a small size Tiger generator.

"Will you calm down?" Timi scolded.

But Bolade didn't reply, he was too petrified to say a word. Timi drove on for another twenty minutes before Bolade's shivering reduced.

"Do you have a suicide wish?" he asked seriously, his voice more or less a whisper.
"That's no way to thank someone for saving your life."
"By trying to get us killed? I'd prefer dying by a gunshot to falling fifty metres from the air into a river, where I'd die a slow painful suffocating death by drowning. " Bolade said. "Do you really have to make it sound so depressing?" Timi said.

Bolade nodded, still not totally over bridge stunt.
Hours later, they arrived at Lagos. Timi drove Bolade to his Lagos residence. As they highlighted from the car, a young woman walked out of the house, with a little girl running closely behind her. The little girl screamed "Daddy!" before wrapping her hands around her father's waist. Bolade returned the hug. He kissed his wife and then turned back to Timi.
"Thank you," he said.
"You saved my life more than once today."
Timi smiled. "Don't mention it."
"You know, I left my luggage in your wrecked car...hmm. Good nothing important was in there."
"Yeah, about that...we had an agreement about my car, didn't we? Should I take this?"
Time said, pointing at the TOYOTA GT 86.
"No, no...leave that here. I'll have this car destroyed tomorrow.
But don't worry, I keep my promises.
I'll have a car waiting for you in Abuja by tomorrow."
Timi nodded appreciatively.

"Uh...okay...but you should know, I really love race cars."
"Kind of figured," Bolade replied.
"How many youngsters drive around in a Dodge Charger?" He said, winking at Timi.
Timi smiled. "Not many. I'll take my leave now..."
"No...no, please, stay with us for tonight. It's non-negotiable. It's the least I can do." Timi smiled again.
"Sure, you got it."
And the four of them moved inside the large house.

To Be Continued...

Motoringnigeria.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by peterjero(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Nice one Bro, eagerly waiting for the remaining episodes.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2015
Season 1, Episode 10
Mba walked slowly into the Senate President's office, afraid of what the latter would do to him for his failure.
Senate President Micheal Aghedo sat stiffly in his black cushion arm chair. His office had a large expansive space, with beautiful potraits of himself hung on the walls around his office. Painted in a dull grey colour, and with the constant chilling air blowing from the air conditioners, the office space could creep some people out. It had an eerie feeling to it, although that might probably be because Michael himself was evil.
"Ahem!" Mba croaked, announcing his presence.
Without looking up from whatever he was writing, Michael answered,

"Oh, I know you're there, just hold on a minute, let me finish with this."

A few moments later, Michael Aghedo dropped his pen and removed the dark rimmed glasses on his face and settled it carefully on the desk before him.

"Status report," The middle aged man ordered.

Staring blankly at his boss' brownish desk made from Iroko wood, Mba gave his boss the bad news.

"Senator Bolade Akanji got away."

With no noticeable visual expression on his face, Michael recoiled further into his arm chair and demanded clarification from his top henchman.

"Care to enlighten me what you mean by that?" He asked in a flat, suspiciously calm tone.

Mba knew his boss well. He was well aware that Michael rarely showed any emotion. He had always wondered what had happened to his boss that had made him so stoic, so cold.

"Er...Sir...we ran into an unexpected problem. Senator Bolade had a driver, a very good driver who..."

He stopped short as he saw his boss's glaring stare penetrated into him. Mba began to fidget.

"The...the driver...I think he has some sort of military training. He took out many of our guards...he...he..."
"Enough of your rambling Mba!" Michael ordered.

Mba kept mum. The Senate President went on.

"This driver, do you know who he is?" "No...no," Mba stammered. "Then find out!" Michael beamed.
"I want to know who he is and where he's from. I want to know everything there is to know about this driver."
Mba nodded and started striding towards the door.

"And Mba," the Senator President called.

Mba stopped and looked back. "If you fail me again, I would no longer have any use for you." Mba gulped,
"Under...understood sir," he replied, , and walked out the door.

It had been two weeks since Timi's insane adventure with Senator Bolade. He loved adventure, loved the feeling of adrenaline flowing through his veins, but, that brush with death, had left him a little bit jolted even though he didn't show it. Nevertheless, the past two weeks had been quite awesome. The Storm Chasers had bagged all their races and were now in twenty-second spot. A few more races and they would be in the top twenty.

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon and the Storm Chasers had decided to go customise their cars at Arewa Customz, one of the best car custom companies in the country.

Idris brought his beloved Nissan Skyline; Aisha, her much cherished Chevrolet Cobalt SS and Timi brought his all new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution final edition, courtesy of Senator Bolade.

Timi had almost screamed his lungs out when he arrived back at Abuja two weeks earlier to meet an all black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution waiting for him at Bolade's mansion. Timi had signed the ownership papers and driven the car back to his house with great pride. The Mitsubishi had a 400 horsepower supercharged 3.0 litre V6 engine. It packed 450 pound feet of torque, had sodium filled exhaust valves, a five speed manual transmission and reached a speed of 100km/hr in four seconds. It was no surprise that Timi had won many races for his crew in the past two weeks with his new ride. He had suggested after their last race that they customise their cars, his friends had agreed. Now they carefully packed their cars at Arewa customz and waited to be attended to. Idris sat atop the hood of his car, not minding the blazing heat from the sun. Aisha stayed put inside her car, waiting patiently to be attended to, while Timi stood beside his car, with Bridget adjacent him. Bridget had more or less become a member of the Storm Chasers, with her help via the com links she had bought for every member of the crew, they had won many races and prevented a re-enactment of the accident that had put Idris in the hospital.

A 2012 Ford Mustang Shelby drove up, followed closely by an Aston Martin DB9 and a BMW M3 Coupe-it was the Hell Racers, Asiwaju Derele's crew. The cars pulled up not far from the Storm Chasers, and as soon as Derele and his crewmates Ugo Ebowa and Zuwa Usman stepped out of their vehicles, they went looking for trouble. As they approached the Storm Chasers, Aisha busted out of her car and headed for Derele, but Idris stopped her, grabbing her by the arm.

"I see we have the Storm Chasers crew here," Derele said, chuckling to himself.
"Storm Chasers...what a lousy name. Always chasing, but never catching up."
"Oh we're catching up, catching up with you. Or haven't you heard, we're the twenty-second now, and we're facing you next," Aisha replied, breathing heavily.
"Is this the Derele?" Timi asked. Aisha nodded positively.
"Hmm, clearly not how I imagined him. He looks like an addict who hasn't taken a shot in months. Dude have you ever heard of shaving?" Timi mocked.
"Catching up?" Derele asked mockingly.
"I guess you guys haven't heard then." "Heard what?" Idris asked sternly.
"That I've made it into the top twenty. My crew is now the twentieth crew on the racing table, and you guys can't face me until you beat the twenty-first. So, you're not racing me next," Derele answered.
"So that's why you're so happy. How long did you stay stuck at the twenty-first spot? Twenty years?" Timi mocked again. Now a little bit calmer, Aisha added,
"It doesn't even matter that you've made it into the top twenty. We'll beat whatever crew it is that's now in the twenty-first spot, and after that, we're coming for you."
Derele made a face like he was scared, then burst into laughter.

"I'm not afraid of you. When we do meet, be rest assured that I'll beat you," he said, then he started to walk away.
"Derele!" Timi called out to him as he walked away.
"How could you do that to them? How could you betray them like that?" Timi asked.
"They were your crewmates, your friends. And you sold them out for a spot on another crew."

Derele turned round and smiled.

"Timi, that's your name right?" Timi nodded in the affirmative.
"Well Timi, let me tell you something. I saw an opportunity, and I took it. I was offered a seat on a better team, and I welcomed it. You would have done the same in my shoes." "No...no, I wouldn't," Timi countered.
"I would have stuck with my friends." "Everyone has a price Timi...everyone," Derele replied.

Then acting like he was just seeing Bridget for the first time, he asked

Timi. "That your girlfriend?" "Yeah," Timi replied.

Just then, four Arewa Customz workers came to attend to them. Derele was about to say something, but then decided against it. Instead, he walked off.

Timi dropped Aisha off at the market. She had some groceries to buy before making her way back home. The first thing Timi did when he got home was take a shower. It was blazing hot, that made the third time he was getting into the bathroom that day. As he lowered himself into his bathtub, he closed his eyes and imagined himself coming out tops in the race he had that night. Just as he was about to let out water from the shower, his phone rang.

"Urrgh," he groaned.
"Talk about bad timing."

Timi climbed out of the tub, wrapped his towel around himself and went to pick up his phone. It was a strange number. The first thought that crossed Timi's mind was not to pick the call. Yes the last time he picked a call from a stranger he got a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, but he was also chased by mean looking murderous henchmen, shot at by assault rifles, had a missile launched at him from a rocket launcher, had his former car destroyed, kidnapped and shoved into a van, taken to an offsite location to be executed, shot at again, chased by murderous henchmen once more before barely escaping with his life. God knows he wouldn't want to go through any of that again anytime soon. The call died.

Timi shrugged and started walking back towards the shower, only for the phone to start ringing again. Timi groaned again, this time louder than the first time. He snatched up the phone and bawled,

"Who the hell is this?" Only for him to hear the whimpering and moans of a lady...a lady that sounded exactly like Bridget!
"Bridget?" Timi asked, thoroughly confused.
"Tim...Timi...they've got me..."

The phone was snatched away from her.

"Hello? Hello? Hello!" Timi beamed into the receiver.
"Hello Timi," a devious voice sounded at the other end.
"Who the hell is this? And what have you done to Bridget?" The person on the other end chuckled.
"I'm disappointed you've forgotten the sound of my voice so soon?" And immediately Timi realised who it was-Derele.
"Derele," he said into the receiver. "There we go!" Derele beamed happily.
"Let her go Derele, whatever you want, leave her out of this." "Actually, we both know how this works. I make demands; you do them; you get your princess back. I make demands; you don't do them; you get your princess back... in pieces. So come meet me in twenty minutes at Mileage Road, stop exactly at Mileage parking lot. Remember, twenty-minutes."

With that, Derele cut the call. Timi got his clothes back on faster than he could ever drive. In fifteen minutes he was at the meeting point, and he was as angry as hell. Derele was already there waiting for Timi. Derele stood, leaning his back against his car. Timi pulled up and hurried to meet him.
"That was pretty fast; fifteen minutes, and I gave you twenty," Derele said. "What do you want from me?" Timi fired.
"Straight to business, I like that," Derele said.
"Well, it's simple really. Throw in tonight's race; make sure neither you nor any member of your crew wins tonight's race." "You want me to betray them like you did?"
"Don't think of it like that, think of it like you're doing them a favour..." Derele said.
"Oh yeah, and what favour would that be? Timi asked.
"Not having to go through the displeasure of having their butts kicked by me."
"I won't do it Derele," Timi refused.
Derele gave a long hearty laugh.

" First of all, you can just call me D. Second, I don't think you understand newbie, you don't have a choice. I told you earlier, everyone has a price. Mine was money, yours... yours is love."
"You're sick, you know that?" Timi said.
" You're a twisted, bloody psychopath." Derele laughed again.
"That's funny, that's exactly what my mother said when I used all her retirement money to buy my first race car," Derele said.
" You see Timi, I don't play nice, I don't play by the books. I've never been that way, never will be. I do what I know has to be done to get to the top." Timi moved closer to Derele.
"Cheats never make it to the top," he said.
"No, they don't," Derele agreed.
"Only those who are determined, strong willed, and focused...do. And there is no one more determined out there than I. If anyone stands in my way of greatness, it's only fair I remove the person from the equation."

Timi attempted to speak.

"This is not a debate Timi," Derele cut in.
"Lose the race tonight, and win your girlfriend back. Win the race, and lose your girlfriend. That's fair isn't it?"

Derele opened the door to his car and got in. He fired up his engine, leaned his head through the window and said to Timi,

"Know this, if you try anything funny, you'll never see her again."
Then Derele drove off.

TO BE CONTINUED...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Switching From Mineral Oil To Synthetic Caused Smoking From Exhaust / Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" / Idea on Toyota Avalon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 237
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.