Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) (5930 Views)

Roadx Motorsport Is Organising A Launch Party For Car Racing Fans In Nigeria / Nigeria Hosts Worldwide Car Racing Organisation’s Regional Congress / Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by tmanis(m): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2015
ghen ghen... waiting for next episode oo, Mr Op..
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Season 1, Episode 11
Timi sat still in his car, his head resting on the steering, thinking...He had two choices, betray his crew and get Bridget back or be faithful to his team and not get Bridget back. It was already 5pm and the race was going to start 22:00 hours that night. What should he do? He bashed his head against the steering twice, almost giving himself a cut. Then he screamed loudly into the still hair. He was in between a rock and a hard place. He thought for some minutes longer, then made a decision.

He drove into the Skyline Motors compound, hastily pulling up in a parking space he found. He walked into the building itself.

"Timi," Aisha was about to greet, but noticed the worried look on his face.
"Is everything okay, you look upset." "I am not okay! And I am very upset!"
Idris shot up from behind the desktop at the left end corner of the ground floor.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Derele," Timi replied.
"It's Derele. He's got Bridget. He kidnapped Bridget!" "I'm...I'm sorry," Aisha said, placating Timi a little. "Why? What is it he wants with her?" Idris asked.
"It's me he wants something from. He wants me to lose tonight's race. If I do, he'll let her go. If I don't, he threatened to kill her."
"My God," Aisha said.
"He's even more desperate than we thought."
"Yes, and I don't think he is bluffing," Timi added.

Idris shook his head.

"No, he isn't. He tried to have me killed. He's sadistic. He'll do anything to keep himself on top." "So what do we do now?" Aisha asked, voicing out the question on all of their minds.
"We give him what he wants. We lose tonight's race," Timi said. "No, we can't give in to him," Idris objected.
"So what then? We let Bridget die?" Timi said, his voice a little bit raised. "No, we find her," Idris clarified.

Aisha stood akimbo, shook her head and asked.

"She could be anywhere in this city; our chances of finding her before the race starts this night are very slim. It's going to be like looking for a very tiny needle in a giant haystack."
They were all silent for the next few minutes. The only sound in the room was the sound of their heavy breathing. No doubt they all hated Derele before, but now, they despised him.

"I know!" Idris said, breaking the silence.
"Tell me, there's one thing Bridget always takes with her everywhere. What is it?"
"I don't know, powder?" Timi replied. "No, her com link!" Aisha blurted out. Idris nodded.
"Yes, her com link. She always puts it in her hand bag. And I'm sure she must have been with it when she was taken. If her captors took her hand bag, then we just might be able to find her. All we need do is lock in on the signal from her com link." "Good plan," Timi agreed.
"Only one problem. None of us here knows how to do that. Bridget does, but she's the one in need of saving." "Then we ask help from someone that does," Aisha replied. "Like?" Timi asked. "Big Jo," Idris replied.
"Then let's go, we've got no time to waste," Timi said as he led the way out.

They arrived at Big Jo's shop not long after. Timi checked his watch, found that it was already seven 'o' clock. It was getting really dark. He was half expecting Big Jo's shop to be locked by now but found that it was still open.

"When does he close," Timi asked his companions as they made their way through the door.
"Big Jo offers a 24 hour service Timi, he doesn't close," Idris replied.

They found Big Jo holding a wrench working on a car with his back faced to them. As they reached behind him Big Jo suddenly whirled round with the wrench and would have hit Timi in the face had the latter not ducked.
"Hey, watch were you swing that thing!" Timi bawled. "Oh, sorry, didn't hear you guys enter," said Big Jo apologising. Idris gave his good friend a hand shake.
"How would you, when your stereos are blasting rap music in their highest volumes."
"Ikenna" Big Jo shouted, calling for one of his employees.
"Put off that music!" He ordered. Immediately, Ikenna pulled himself out from underneath one of the numerous cars in the shops. He raced to the stereo and put it off.
"Now gentlemen, what can I do you for?" Big Jo asked.

Timi handed Big Jo a Bridget's laptop and his own com link. They had stopped by his house to pick them up. Timi explained to Big Jo all that had happened and Big Jo agreed to help.

"Yes, I can find her," Big Jo said.
"There's just one problem. It's going to take a while for me to be able to pin point her location."
"How long?" Idris asked.
"A few hours. Three, maybe four.""Four!"
Timi cried out. "We don't have four hours, the race starts 10 and it's already past 7"
"I can speed it up, probably be able to get her location in three hours. But, it's the best I can do," Big Jo said.

Timi banged his fist into his palm.
"That's still not fast enough."
"Look, I have an idea," Idris said.
"You and I go and start the race. Aisha stays here and when Big Jo finds out where she is, Aisha goes to rescue her."
"What if Derele's got guards watching her?" Timi asked.
"They won't just give her up without a fight."
"Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. If they want a fight, I'll give them one," Aisha said. Timi nodded, then Idris continued.
"When Aisha has her safe and secured, she'll let us know. And then, we win the race."Timi sighed.
"I don't like it, but it's the only play we've got."

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
SEASON 1,EPISODE 12
It was already 10PM. Timi and Idris were at the start line at the race yard, ready to begin their race. They knew Derele was somewhere close by since he'd definitely want to watch the race to know whether Timi would obey him or not. The girl who counted down walked to the middle of the road as usual, ready to begin counting. Just then, Aisha spoke to Timi and Idris via their com link.

"Big Jo's got a location, heading there now," she said.
"Hurry, please hurry" Timi begged.

The countdown began. Three...two...one...and the girl waved down her flag. There were only four cars racing tonight. This was a special race. It was just the 21st vs. the 22nd.

The four cars bolted forwards, speeding into the distance. Daniel and Timi struggled with their opponents, the Rising Smoke, for some moments but quickly allowed them to take the lead knowing that Derele was somewhere watching.

The four cars shot into the blackness of the night, the screams of their engines tearing the calmness...Though it was Timi and Idris racing at the yard tonight, Aisha was well aware that their victory depended on her. She had to reach Bridget on time, before the race was over, else, Timi and Idris would have no choice but to lose. So technically, the pressure to win, was on her.

Her hands wrapped around the leather covered steering of her Chevrolet Cobalt SS, she too blasting through the streets of Abuja darting past the few cars that were still on the road. She was heading for an abandoned garage at Wuse, which was far from Big Jo's shop where she had just taken off. She wasn't racing against anyone, she was racing against time. She sped past another late night cab hoping to make a couple of extra bucks, almost brushing the side. She looked at her speedometer, 180 km/hr.

She made a right turn at the next intersection, her car skidding a bit to left. She let go off the accelerator, regained control and matched down on it again. Her speed had reduced-140km/hr. She cursed under her breath. She gained speed quickly again, speeding through a single lane road surrounded by clumped bungalows.

The road ahead curved into an almost impossible hairpin bend. Aisha clamped on the breaks again, slowing down a bit to be able to navigate the difficult curve. Once she was clear of the bend, she accelerated again, charging into the shadows......

Timi and Idris had just successfully navigated a sharp turning. They were behind Rising Sun's Audi TT RS Coupe and Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. They were sure not to stay too far back away from their competitors.

The Camaro was a nose ahead of the RS Coupe. Both cars were going as fast as they could. They had just fallen out of the top twenty and they were very keen on speeding their way back there. Timi and Idris fought to keep up. They were forced to just keep on chasing after the two cars, keeping them in sight, but never going past. There was a speed bump up front, forcing all four racers to match down slightly on their breaks as they drove past it. The four cars jerked violently as they raced past the irritating bumps. Just as they went past the bumps,Timi caught up with Audi TT RS Coupe and would have overtaken it had he not quickly remembered that his girlfriend was in danger. He pulled back again, allowing the Audi to gain some distance between them. This was getting really irritating; Aisha had better reached Bridget soon, he thought.

Aisha raced through the darkness, her tyres furiously spinning as she went faster and faster. She reached yet another junction and made a right turn without even waiting to check for any oncoming car. As she sped into the double carriage way, she heard a crash behind her-an accident had been caused because of the turn she had just made. She didn't mind. She just went faster, her speedometer reading a speed of 205km/hr. All of a sudden, she heard sirens behind her...cops were on her tail!

"Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse," she mumbled. She quickly made a decision to try to lose them at the next turning. She slowed down a bit, allowing the police officers to close in on her. One cop car even tried to ram her from the back but she quickly moved to the other side of the road. Reaching the next junction, she made an unexpected left turn, sharply cutting into the next road. Two of the cop cars sped on, not able to quickly take in her sudden turn, but the remaining three made the turn. They chased after her in single lane street. Aisha's sharp eyes spotted another turn up front. Aisha increased her velocity, making another sudden turn to left, the rare end of her car brushing a dumpster by the side of the road. Two of the cars chasing her successfully followed her, but the last one crashed into the dumpster causing some rubbish to fly out of the dumpster and fall on its windshield.

As Aisha continued down the road, she realised that the two cars she thought she had lost had only gone ahead in order to come and cross her here. The two cars had formed a blockade by parking head to tail in the middle of the road. Aisha mounted harder on her throttle and blasted fiercely through the blockade the two cars had formed, crushing the tail end of one of the two cars. One of the other two cars chasing her rammed into the same car whose tail end she had just crushed. Only one car left chasing her now.

She made her way into a bigger street road, though it still had only a single lane. The last police car sped up to her and attempted to squeeze itself beside Aisha's car though it was clear that the road wasn't wide enough. Instead of the dumb police officer to ram Aisha's from behind, the cop preferred to do it from the side. And so when it attempted to hit Aisha from the right side, Aisha just sped faster, shooting away from the police car. The police car consequently crashed into a building and stopped dead in its tracks. Aisha entered a main road and was relieved to once again be driving in a dual carriage way. Those single lane roads just suffocated her.

She realised she was now in Wuse and hurried to the abandoned garage where Bridget was being held. She made a turn into a dark alley. Up ahead, she saw the garage with its large metal garage door close up. Aisha sped through the metal door, tearing it from the restraints.

She saw two armed men and Bridget tied up to a chair next to a pillar. Aisha allowed her car to drift so that the right side of her car hit one of the armed men knocking him out. The other armed man opened fire on her car. She sped forward and hit him with her vehicle. She opened her car door and hurried to go and set Bridget free. As she loosened the binds that held Bridget, the latter asked,

"How did you find me?"
"We traced the signal from your com link," Aisha replied.

Bridget smiled as she was finally freed inside it, she took out her com link.

"Can't believe this little thing saved me."
"Come on, we have to go," Aisha said.

They both got into the car and Aisha spoke into her own com link,
"I've got her, I've gotBridget." "About damn time!!!"Timi replied happily from the other end.
"Hear that Idris?" He asked.
"Yes!" Idris replied.
"Now let's win this."

They were already on the last lap, with less than a kilometre to go to finish the race. The Storm Chasers sped up, charging forward furiously like they had just awoken from deep slumber. It was a straight fifty metres stretch to the end. Idris and Timi went as fast as they possibly could. They started to close in rapidly on the Audi and the Chevrolet Camaro.

The only question was, would they be able to meet up in time?

With only twenty five metres to go, Timi and Idris started doubting the possibility of meeting up with their competitors.

"You can do it guys," Aisha said into her com link.
Timi and Idris sped faster still, their ty

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
Season 1, Episode 13
Aisha hurried into Skyline Motors, her keys in hand. She had an anxious look in her eyes. She walked briskly past the cars as she had news to go and deliver to her teammates. Idris was the first to see her, and quickly noticed something was amiss. His countenance changed and Timi immediately noticed. He turned around and saw Aisha coming behind. He too guessed something was wrong.

"Derele jilted his team. He's left the Hell Racers," Aisha announced. "Wait what?" Idris questioned, all confused.
"Weren't we supposed to race them next?" Timi asked.
Aisha had her hands akimbo. She nodded her head and said,

"Yes, and we are still going against Hell Racers next, but Derele has left that crew. His cowardly self betrayed his team again just so that he wouldn't race against us." "Wow..." Timi retorted.
"I guess he just can't bear to lose to his former teammates." "So what crew is he now? Or has he finally given up and ended his racing career?" Idris said. Aisha chuckled.

She was well aware that Idris believed Derele was a talentless driver and should altogether just quit racing. But she knew Derele better than Idris, true he might not be talented, but what Derele lacked in skills he made up for in cunning. Derele was a very determined fox. Determined to be the racing top dog even though he lacked the required skills.

"No, don't ever expect Derele to quit racing for anything. He has joined the 15th team."
"How did he manage that?" Timi asked, utterly bewildered.

He truly wondered how a guy from a crew placed 20th, manage to weasel himself into joining the team placed 15th. Moreover, how could that guy be Derele? He wasn't exactly a guy with good reputation.

"Well, I honestly can't say," Aisha replied."But knowing Derele, I'm pretty sure he didn't give them much choice. I'm sure he somehow blackmailed them into letting him join."

Idris paced back and forth. First they would have to beat the Hell Racers, or what was left of them anyway. He wondered how Ugo and Usman, Derele's former teammates in the Hell Racers were feeling right now. They had just been betrayed too by Derele. He was their leader, and now he had abandoned them. Idris and his fellow Storm Racers teammates were supposed to race the Hell Racers that evening. Now that only Ugo and Usman was left, he was sure the race would be a walk over.

"So this night, we'll be racing only Ugo and Usman," Idris uttered. "It won't be much of a race," Aisha replied, "It'll be a whooping."
"I guess I'll leave it to you and Timi to beat them so badly this night, they'll never race again"

From then on till evening, the Storm Racers talked and laughed. They were sure that the race was going to be a walk over. The Race didn't turn out to be as easy as they had anticipated. They were taught a lesson-never underestimate anybody.

Night came, and Timi and Aisha lined up at the finish line. A little while after they had arrived, Ugo and Usman came driving an Aston Martin DB9 and a BMW M3 Coupe respectively. They pulled up in front of the finish line. As the race began, Timi and Aisha conveniently took the lead. They weren't even going at their top speeds, but they were sure they were racing against two untalented slow pokes. Aisha trailed on the outer lane, speeding past shops, houses and ornamental trees by the roadside. Her windows were wound down, and she was revelling in the cool night breeze as she sped on. Timi on the other hand kept to the inner lane, getting as much fun as Aisha. He was playing loud rap music on his stereo and nodding to the tunes, sometimes singing along with the music. When he looked into his rear view mirror, he couldn't even see Ugo and Usman. He burst into laughter, believing he and Aisha had given them so much gap that they were lost behind. He couldn't have been more wrong.

Contrary to what he was thinking, Ugo and Usman had taken another route, a somewhat even longer route for that matter. They capitalised on the knowledge that they were underrated by the Storm Chasers. They travelled at top speeds through the densely packed streets and not so smooth roads. They had comfortably taken over the Storm Chasers, and were as a matter of fact, far ahead of Aisha and Timi. It was almost too late when Aisha caught on. As she sped on, she noticed the tail lights of what looked like an Aston Martin. By then, they were only a lap from the end of the race. Fear seized her as she quickly realised it was the Hell Racers. She spoke into her com link and told Timi what she had seen. Timi had a hard time believing. He didn't know that the Ugo and Usman had truly gone past them. Nevertheless, he sped up, hoping to catch up with Aisha so as to see what she too was seeing. Aisha turned on her racing spirit, shifted into her famous gear X. The car jerked forward, almost throwing her against the steering wheel. Only her seatbelt pulled her to safety.

She stepped on her throttle, weaving past the cars around and sailing at amazing speeds. Her speedometer kept climbing and climbing. She noticed that the Hell Racers had increased their speeds too. It meant they knew she was close behind. She too knew a short cut, and if that was how they wanted to play out this race, she was game. She dived into a corner, hit past a garbage dump and emerged on a single dirt lane. She traversed the dirt road in seconds and burst out of a junction right behind Ugo and Usman who gasped at the sudden emergence. Less than thirty seconds later, Timi burst out of the same road, and now had Aisha, Ugo and Usman in his sights also. But he feared it was too late; he could see the finish line ahead.

Aisha sprinted forward, her tyres blurring past everything they passed. She was right behind Ugo, and as she tried to overtake by the left side, he blocked her. She tried the other side of the lane, but just as quickly, Ugo was there to block her again. She didn't give up. She made a move like she was going to the left side again, but this time it was a set up. Ugo drove straight to the left lane ready to block again, but Aisha smoothly passed him by the right. As he saw Aisha go past him he banged his hands on his steering. Aisha raced on, less than ten metres to the end of the race and Usman was in front. She focused on him, focused on beating him. She began closing the gap with Usman, finally edging him just as they both reached the finish line. She had beat him by a hairs breath. Ugo came in third and Timi finished two seconds after him in fourth position. He learned a lesson that day-not to underestimate anyone.

To Be Continued. . .

Motoringnigeria.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by kingsley989(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
:DI've been away for a while. I really missed the thread.... You are doing great man. cheesy
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by Gadgetmobil(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by MotoringNigeria: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
kingsley989 . . . I feel you too bruh.

Season 1 Episode 14
Timi had just wrapped up all he had to do at work. He was about to head home when he was cornered in the car pack by an unexpected visitor. It was Mba.
Timi attempted to ignore him and get into the car but Mba cut him off by the door.

"He knows, he knows everything, and he wants to see you," Mba said, referring to Senate President Mike Aghedo.

Timi was stunned, though deep down, he knew he had been expecting this.
"What if I don't want to see him?" Timi asked in defiance. "We both know what he is capable of," Mba answered, inching a step closer to Timi.
"I'm not afraid of him," Timi retorted. "If that's true, then you would have no reason to want to avoid him, especially now that he knows everything."

Timi hesitated but eventually decided that facing the Senate President might drive home the message that he feared no one. Perhaps if he showed his defiance to the Senate President, he might eventually give up trying to harm Bridget. Timi got into his car, looked out the window and told Mba,

"Lead the way."

As Timi made his way to the Senate President's office, millions of thoughts crowded his mind. To be honest, he didn't know what to expect. He wondered what exactly the Senate President had to say to him.

Mba walked ahead of Timi. On getting to the door, Mba gave it a gentle knock, before pushing it open and walking in. Mba gulped as he saw the Senate President, seated calmly in his arm chair, his dark rimmed glasses on, writing something on some sheets of paper. Mba should have been used to this sight by now, but every time he entered this office, he always felt uneasy. As Timi stepped in, Senate President Mike Aghedo did something Mba had never seen him do before. The Senate President raised his head from what he was writing, smiled and even stood to welcome Timi. Timi wasn't sold. He knew better than to let his guard down because of Mike's courtesy.
"Please Mr Timi Andrews, have a seat," The Senate President continued with the niceties.
"I'm quite thrilled to have you here. You see, I'm a fan. I've heard so much about you."

Timi's face was as hard as rock. There was not a single hint of a smile, only revolt seethed deep inside him. Noticing that Timi was in no mood for such chivalry, Mike Aghedo adjusted himself.

"Very well then," Mike said,
"Let's get down to business."
"You have skills I require. Your driving skills, your experience as a former DSS agent can be put to good use in my circle."

At this point, Timi chuckled slightly.

"You want me to work for you?" He asked incredulous.
"Yes," came the blunt reply.
"Like I said, you have managed to keep Governor Abayomi Abejide's daughter safe all this while, right under my nose. You have indeed served the Governor of Lagos well. I admire your loyalty to him. But now, it's time to graduate. Come work for me, Timi, and you will never need another cent in your life."

This time Timi replied in a more serious tone.

"No, like you said, I'm loyal to the Governor and my loyalty cannot be bought"

The Senator nodded slowly in his seat. He pressed his lips together in an attempt to show his understanding. Then he continued.

"Right, maybe money will not buy your loyalty, but perhaps, love will. If you switch you allegiance to me Timi-"

The Senator looked intently at Timi, before completing,

"I'll let Bridget be."

Timi's eyes widened, his ears stretched. The Senator had just pledged to leave Bridget alone, if he would agree to work for the Senator. Timi's heart immediately began to race. He had come here with a little hope that he would be able to reason and reach some sort of agreement with the Senate President to let Bridget be. Now the Senator was offering that. The Senate President saw the confusion on Timi's face and spoke.

"My offer stands for a week. How about you go and talk it over with Bridget herself?"

Timi stood without saying a word. He walked out the door. The Senator said behind me,

"Mba will bring you back in a week. The answer you bring had better be a yes."

Timi got to his car ready to start the engine when Mba suddenly opened his passenger door and got in beside him. Mba looked very worried. There were sweat beats clouding all over his face and his body shook as breathed.

"You can't trust the Senator to make good on his promise even if you decide to work for him," Mba said. Timi snorted.
"And why are you telling me this?" He asked.
"Because we need each other Timi." "What are you talking about?"Timi asked, eager to hear an explanation for Mba's strange behaviour. Mba gulped before he started speaking.

"I've done something, something very stupid, and the Senate President is going to want to have my head when he finds out. I stole from him...a lot of money...an entire room of money-literally."
"What?" Timi asked bewildered. "The Senate President has many free rooms in his house, rooms filled to the brim with stacks of cash. I cleared out one of them." "Why would you do that?"

Timi asked, quite shocked that Mba knowing his boss would dare such a thing.

"My mother was recently diagnosed of cancer. The doctors said she needs chemotherapy. I asked the Senator for help but he declined. I had no choice. The man controls an enormous amount of wealth along with the rest of the cabal..." "The cabal?"
"Yes, there's a cabal.

A group of highly influential people in the country involved in a conspiracy. They control money, power and influence in this country. The Senate President heads this cabal."
"And now that you've stolen from one of them Mba, you fear the repercussions." Mba nodded repeatedly in agreement.
"And that's why I need your help Timi. Together, with my knowledge of the innings of this cabal and your experience as agent, we can come up with a plan to take down the Senate President and the rest of this cabal. Then both of us will have nothing to fear from them."

Timi took a deep breath.
"Interesting," he murmured.
"But how do I know you are telling the truth?"
"Are you willing to come with me? I can prove it," Mba replied. "Fine, let's go," Timi said.
Timi drove while Mba directed where they should go. After like thirty minutes of travelling, they got to a small bungalow in middle of a currently developing housing estate. They got out of the car.

"Is this your house?" Timi asked Mba.
"No, this is sort of my bank. It's where I stash the cash."

Mba opened the door and let Timi come in. Then he locked the door behind them.
"Where is the money?" Timi asked, expecting Mba to point to a safe somewhere in the sitting room. Instead though, Mba took in into the room. Timi was weary. Was there a game Mba was playing?

They got into the first room and Timi noticed a big bed with a bed sheet covering it all the way down that not one inch of the bed's supporting wood was visible. Mba walked to this bed and forcefully pulled away the bed sheet and then pulled the bed away, revealing carefully arranged stacks and stacks of cash. Timi let out an unknowing gasp as he starred at the mound of money in front of him.

"There are four rooms in this house, and under each bed is something like this. The last room even has two beds," Mba said.

Timi was silent for minutes and Mba let him adjust to the reality in front of him. Eventually, Timi replied.
"If we are going to be taking out a cabal, we'll need capital and I see we've got lots of it. The other thing we'll need is a team, and I know just who to call..." Timi trailed off.

The room was silent. Timi, Mba and Bridget watched Idris' and Aisha's reactions closely. Timi had just finished narrating the story of how Governor Abejide, realising his daughter's life was in danger, had Timi drive Bridget to the airport. Timi however had other plans. He convinced Bridget to move with him to Abuja. Everyone else assumed Bridget had got on the plane, including the man who had put her life in danger in the first place-The Senate President.

"Wow, so you mean Bridget here is the Lagos State Governor's daughter?
Who's supposed to be abroad?" Aisha said incredulous. Bridget herself nodded.

"And you need our help to take down the Senate President, and in extension his cabal?" Idris asked, still processing everything he had just heard.
"That's correct," Mba replied. Idris sighed.
"Wow, all this is a little breathtaking." "I understand," Timi answered.
"I know everything Mba and I have said is quite unbelievable." Idris nodded.
"But how exactly do you want to take down this...this cabal?"

Mba and Timi exchanged nervous looks. Timi cocked his head, urging Mba to answer. Mba cleared his throat.

"Yes, Timi and I have come up with a plan. The Senate President has got documents that not only prove the existence of this cabal, but also their crimes. We get that document, we nail the cabal. And to do this, we need some er...equipment. We'll be needing a truck, a pickup van, bikes, cars and a helicopter."

Idris chuckled and smiled widely.

"What kind of plan requires trucks, pickups and helicopters?" He asked jokingly.
"A plan that involves robbing the Senate President's home," Timi replied bluntly.

The statement wiped all the smiles and grins from Idris' face. Idris looked like someone had just dropped a bomb into his stomach. Rob the Senate President? Nigerian politicians were very paranoid people who believed albeit not wrongly, that someone always wanted to harm/kill/steal from them. As such, the security around them and their homes was impossible to break through.
"Well," Idris finally said, coming back to the life, "Big Joe can fly a chopper...

To Be Continued...

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by kingsley989(m): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
Well done bro. grin

1 Like

Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by banky3w(m): 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
Bros update abeg...... Keep the fire burning........
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by peterjero(m): 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
I can't wait o
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by kingsley989(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2016
I still dey wait o.
Re: ROADKILL!!! First Story Racing Series In Nigeria. (Updated) by oneman11(m): 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
How far

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bugatti Veyron: The Most Expensive Car In The World! / Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting / Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.