Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola (646 Views)

I Regret My Inability To Answer The Senate’s Invitation – Hameed / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha / I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by borlarge(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2015
Osogbo—Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has
expressed regret over his inability to pay salaries for
months now.
He however added that contrary to reports, he was not
helpless about the unpaid salaries of civil servants in his
state because he has Allah.
Delivering a Ramadan Lecture at the Women Development
Centre, Abuja, the governor used the occasion to debunk
reports that he ever said he was ‘helpless’.
He delivered a lecture titled : “Ramadan, Living in The
Season of Positive Change”at the event organised by the
Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society.
Aregbesola said, “It is extremely painful that I cannot pay
salary. It is painful that I have to be in this condition.
“I am not helpless because I have Allah and the people
with me. And whoever has Allah and the people has
everything,” he said, assuring that he was making efforts
to pay the outstanding salaries of the civil servants soon.
He noted that the state borrowed up to N25 billion from
banks to support the allocation from the federation account
to pay workers salaries but the banks have refused to
continue lending him money.
He explained that the state’s wage bill was N3.5 billion
monthly and his administration has found it difficult to pay in
the face of dwindling allocation in spite of increase in the
Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N900 million to N8
billion annually.
Aregbosola
“I didn’t envisage that 400,000 barrels of crude oil would
be stolen daily. But the whipping boys must be the
governors and I am the ‘Chief’ of the whipping boys,”
Aregbesola said.
He expressed delight with the re-emergence of
Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s leader. Also, the governor
hailed the Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society which organized
the event.
Aregbesola said “terrorism is a challenge to Islam and it is
the Muslims who will solve it”.
He maintained that Islam does not support killing without
judicial ruling.
Some of the dignitaries at the lecture included Chief
Justice of the Federation, Justice Mohammed Lawal Uwais,
wife of Nasarawa state governor, Mrs Mairo Al-makura,
Senators Abubakar Sodangi and Khairat Gwadwabe as well
as a former Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar
Suleiman and many more.
Meantime, the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, in Osun State
has described as insensitive and callous the statement
credited to the ruling All Progressives Congress APC that
workers in Osun state constitute less than one percent of
the population.
Speaking on behalf of the party Prince Diran Odeyemi, the
Director, Media and Strategy said the APC has publicly
shown to the world that it has lost focus and not
responsive to the plight of Osun citizens.
According to the party, “The APC arithmetic of 1% civil
servant is a formular coined for them after the election
forgetting that these hard working servants are financiers
of over 90% of the populace in the state. Source....... www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/i-regret-inability-to-pay-salaries-aregbesola/

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 23, 2015
eyes don clear
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by borlarge(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2015
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by fexti: 7:00am On Jun 23, 2015
I hear
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by CountDracula(m): 7:00am On Jun 23, 2015
What will he say before? Politicians
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by eleko1: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2015
embarassed Biko Alfa,dnt allow them Pdp to mock U to scorn sad.O'pay dem workers salary and shut the enemies trap.
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by ShineuEye: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2015
ARE-GBESE
King of debtors.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2015
No home like niger delta cum biafra
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by orobs93(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2015
It's a big shame...
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nazeeboy(m): 7:02am On Jun 23, 2015
Mtswww........Useless Governor!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by xreal: 7:02am On Jun 23, 2015
Ogbeni Aregbe fall my hand - big time.

I pray and hope that Buhari doesn't do anything close to that.
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Brightology2(m): 7:02am On Jun 23, 2015
I dn't even kn wat to tell him
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2015
Who gives a f abt your lame excuses, if you can't get the job done, throw in the trowel!
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by bukason212(m): 7:05am On Jun 23, 2015
I dnt think he has any excuse for not paying civil servants for seven good months.he should devise means to produce the money. Is it not his counterpart in abia dat slashed his pay to 50% but i guess he is recieving his pay while owing the civil servants.does he lack ideas.wat ae his advisers doing. Is osun the only state affected by dwindling oil prices?
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by TDonald: 7:06am On Jun 23, 2015
'I am not helpless because I have Allah and the people are with me'.. Okay the people do not have Allah? Why not ask Allah to pay these people their salaries or pay their children school fee, house rent and provide food for them while you fly helicopter from your village to Osogbo

Hear the Mallo,"I didn’t envisage that 400,000 barrels of crude oil would be stolen daily"....imagine the false statistic...how much does Nigeria export for 400,000 to be stolen...besides must you depend on OIL...what's your job as a governor? Is it to sit down and wait for oil money and then share it among yourselves...now that there's no oil,you are now waiting for Allah to come and pay your workers...hmm imagine the quality of people 'we' voted for dem dey fight themselves already with lies and propaganda.

Welcome to change no complain and no removal of fuel subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by luvinhubby(m): 7:08am On Jun 23, 2015
Each time this man Aregbe opens his mouth to talk, more thrash flows out.
Imagine, blaming stolen crude for his inability to pay salary after boasting he can pay salaries without fg allocation.
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by mistabiola: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2015
Oops, It's time to stop regretting and start acting.

1 Share

Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by eleko1: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2015
sad vickyrotex Corner.kip off Electric fence
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by abtmaviz(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2015
Just pay the workers salary period
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by viceldo(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2015
I'M IN.....

Because judgement day don show......mr. man u go watch am full......he baba go take fall ur hand........pay them or...u know d rest..... tmy de neh

I'M OUT......
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by viceldo(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2015
I'M IN.....

Because judgement day don show......mr. man u go watch am full......hw baba go take fall ur hand........pay them or...u know d rest..... tmy de neh

I'M OUT......
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by mourinho: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2015
We don hear
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by Starships4u(m): 7:19am On Jun 23, 2015
Ah no sure this man well.... Ain't u receiving federal allocation?? Where are the going to?? Ain't u taking your salaries coupled with all political appointments?? Is their any person in any government parastatols being owed?? This man tell ur self the truth. You have ran out of ideas to govern..... You no get advisors?? Or aids?? This is too callous of a leader......
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by lilprinze: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2015
welcome to the world of change
Re: I Regret Inability To Pay Salaries — Aregbesola by viczing(m): 7:44am On Jun 23, 2015
mrsefan:
eyes don clear

Tryna famz a good man, but you still a punk ass governor

(1) (Reply)

PMB Is Not Being Frank With Nigerians / Stolen Funds: Buhari Should Begin With The Begging Governors – PDP Chieftain / Udom Lauds APC For Acknowledging Akwa Ibom Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.