Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

How To Invent A Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Invent A Religion (3190 Views)

Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I will be waiting for you, Mr/Mrs confusionist.

1 Like

Re: How To Invent A Religion by Rilwayne001: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:
grin grin Lol.
Are you waiting for me to reply that one?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by vedaxcool(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Okay now, I dare you to join the discussion going on this page https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible/15

Bros next time leave her to make a fool of herself, u literally threw her a life saver. She not only made a pure fool of herself but was almost begging to be left alone. One lesson u learn from the blind men of hindustan is they are literally everywhere and they are better left alone sharing the certainty of their blindness with each other.i.e. the belligerents in this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin Lol.

Are you waiting for me to reply that one?

Apparently. U didn't see the pic that came with the comment Mr Muslim
Re: How To Invent A Religion by plaetton: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Are u done with your rant princess..?

U concluded that Christianity is a fraud because jews shared a similar flood story with some ancient civilizations and that according to u all the documented writings of the prophets and apostles is indicative of a coincidental lmental disorder...

In summary u conclude that because of these and perhaps some other similar comical ideas u haven't shared that there is no God...

Okay... Enjoy your folly.. In the meantime please stop derailing the thread...
lol.
You have been served.
My job is done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Apparently. U didn't see the pic that came with the comment Mr Muslim
I can bet my left te.sticle that you've never had se.x before. :p

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
timonski:

I can bet my left te.sticle that you've never had se.x before. tongue

Hahahahahahahahaha this is gonna give me a good laugh all night cheesy cheesy grin ..**wipes a tear** cheesy. . .

meanwhile, my bae is here, gotta go attend to her wink
Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
timonski:

I can bet my left te.sticle that you've never had se.x before. :p

Sex must be a big deal for you.. All these little kids on nairaland
Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 25, 2015
parisbookaddict

You have raised the bar of the most hypocritical person I have ever read on this forum. Why would you rubbish that fine piece of work you wrote about the creation of religions with sentiments. If you were objective, you would have included Christianity into the fold. The religion is also as guilty as others for those ten steps you reasoned out. Let me help you a little to realise it:

Step 1: this a matter of opinion -- anyone can claim anything against anybody.

Step 2: There were so many people that were guilty of this in the creation of Christianity. Even those that complied the Bible claimed they were guided by some foreign spirit. Jesus himself, was also purported to have claimed the sighting of "strange" things. Same with his disciples who claimed they were filled with the "holy spirit" at some point.

Step 3: Jesus too attacked Moses' and Abraham's teachings, claiming that he had an updated version. His disciples also attacked old teachings by claiming the holy spirit had given them a new way to spread the gospel.

Step 4: I know, you know Jesus fervently attacked Judaism abs its traditions, which led to his eventual slaughtering. His disciples also practised the same thing in every community they went and some of them were also killed for that.

Step 5: Jesus christ and his disciples were the fathers of all nice people then. To me, they were also the best pretenders, because I wonder what Jesus was doing with a professional prostitute like Mary Magdalena, who would keep all his sex escapades' secrets from the public. I think Jesus must have casted the seven demons from her with his Pen.is.

Step 6: Jesus didn't even bother to tell people that his work was the best, but told them that he is the son of their god. Same thing someone like Abdrushin (author of the grail message) did. What else do you expect from the son(s) of the "perfect" god? Some of Jesus followers are even calling him god. So can god's work be second best?

Step 7: Jesus said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (Note: Don't come back quoting bible for me, because I careless for the book. I only stated what he said to educate you about your "messiah".) So I ask you, who would go to hell?

Step 8: Jesus and his disciples spate I'm the faces of other's beliefs. They actually thought the modern day christians this irritating move. And our present day churches have reinvented the move. So, remove the log of wood in your eyes before dying to dust a peck in another's.

Step 9: There are so many verses in the bible that tell believers to be closed-minded to unbelievers. The character, Jesus, in the bible was not emotional like dumb Muhammad. He most times answered his questions in parables which could be interpreted in any direction. And most time, no one really asked him a critical question. Like: who is his grandpa, or how did his mother manage to give birth to him without his father's sperm, and that how sure his he that he isn't another person's bastard son? All questions posed to him were always related to morals, which even the then Buddhist could answer or anyone with a right mind. The most clever way Jesus made his disciples ignorant, was his promise of sending the holy spirit to answer questions he could not answer or he was not ready to answer -- I still wonder why he didn't just tell them what they needed to know.

Step 10: It either you are a bad student of history, or you chose to ignore the atrocities that were committed in the name of Jesus. Christianity grew exponentially on war and violence (holy war authorised by the Pope and Christian European kings imposing the religion on their subjects), Corruption, slavery, trickery (our forefathers) and so on. This additions the religion made, made it the number one organised cult in the world.

Final step: the Kings and indirectly the Popes did the killings of apostate for Christianity. Inclusive in these killings were other christian groups, who spread their belief through aggressive means.

As for the Noah's ark argument you were having with Johnny, can you prove to us that Noah's story actually happened? Kennedy and Lincoln could have some coincidence, but these men can actually be differentiated by the landmark they left, which your Noah failed to leave. Where is his one-windowed unfloatable boat? Why is he not worshipped/remembered after his death, as the father of this modern world? All evidence we have tells us the story is myth, and this myth happened to share some strange similarity with another myth that predates it. Any logically person would could with some certainty that the former story was dubbed from the latter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2015
theAtheist101 you forgot to add you have to hallucinate and claim a god is your father..

2 Likes

Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
johnydon22:
theAtheist101 you forgot to add you have to hallucinate and claim a god is your father..

Maybe Jesus smoked a lot of weed then?

2 Likes

Re: How To Invent A Religion by NumberOne2(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2015
theAtheist101:
parisbookaddict

As for the Noah's ark argument you were having with Johnny, can you prove to us that Noah's story actually happened? Kennedy and Lincoln could have some coincidence, but these men can actually be differentiated by the landmark they left, which your Noah failed to leave. Where is his one-windowed unfloatable boat? Why is he not worshipped/remembered after his death, as the father of this modern world? All evidence we have tells us the story is myth, and this myth happened to share some strange similarity with another myth that predates it. Any logically person would could with some certainty that the former story was dubbed from the latter.

Did you not learn anything from our last conversation on the Noah's Ark.

Many other cultures have similar stories of the flood which is proof of the common ancestory of man (NOAH).
So why would all these seemingly unconnected cultures document (or copy) the same "untrue" flood stories?
I can understand copying stories about significant events like creation of Earth or Man, Angels or Demons but why a Great Global Flood?
Interesting topic for History101 class.
Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
NumberOne2:

Many other cultures have similar stories of the flood which is proof of the common ancestory of man (NOAH).
So why would all these seemingly unconnected cultures document (or copy) the same "untrue" flood stories?
I can understand copying stories about significant events like creation of Earth or Man, Angels or Demons but why a Great Global Flood?

This is exactly the point I was trying to make to him and his fellow arrogant atheists.. .

The flood story which is in Jewish and Christian text as well as contained allegedly in Mesopotamian mythology etc lends credence To the narrative which means all these civilization believed such an event apparently happened..

But of course the atheists mind is made up to his folly..
Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
NumberOne2:

So many cultures from totally different times and locations believe in the 'god of lightning'. Therefore Thor exists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by NumberOne2(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
timonski:

So many cultures from totally different times and locations believe in the 'god of lightning'. Therefore Thor exists.

Everyone sees lightening or fire or water. So it cuts accross. Various cultures can have gods of such.
Just like the story of creation of man. All cultures need not copy, a sane man will always wonder where he came from.
There are basic questions men ask like good and bad, angels and demons etc. I am not talking of such.

Why an event like a Great global flood? Why would men cook this up? What does it proove or answer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
timonski:

The thing is there was no global flood, the only flooding scientifically speculated happened due to the melt of the north pole ice . . Basically in the northern hemisphere of the planet not a global event, and that event predates all these civilizations.

So the thing now as they fail to understand is; Atheist are not even arguing if there is a flood or not. . Atheist are saying that the jewish Noah fable alongside other young mythologies copied from older Sumerian mythologies, and all the events attributed to the flood like the god ea telling gilgamesh to build a boat are just fictions and not actual events . . which is a very clear truth, its no coincidence. .

1 Like

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
timonski:

Can't u see the flaw in your analogy..

The civilizations narrated a similar flood story, the issue here is not the belief in a flood god, why then bring up a god of thunder..

Humans have always believed in a creator and have attributed godship to practically everything be it rain, wind, trees etc..
Re: How To Invent A Religion by NumberOne2(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
johnydon22:

The thing is there was no global flood, the only flooding scientifically speculated happened due to the melt of the north pole ice . . Basically in the northern hemisphere of the planet not a global event, and that event predates all these civilizations.

So the thing now as they fail to understand is; Atheist are not even arguing if there is a flood or not. . Atheist are saying that the jewish Noah fable alongside other young mythologies copied from older Sumerian mythologies, and all the events attributed to the flood like the god ea telling gilgamesh to build a boat are just fictions and not actual events . . which is a very clear truth, its no coincidence. .

Same way Jesus 12 disciples are copied from the 12 zodiac signs? Same way Jesus story is copied from Horus?
I laugh. You call it copying, I call it common ancestory. I have proof of common ancestory, you have NO proof of copying. SO?
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
NumberOne2:

Same way Jesus 12 disciples are copied from the 12 zodiac signs? Same way Jesus story is copied from Horus?
I laugh. You call it copying, I call it common ancestory. I have proof of common ancestory, you have NO proof of copying. SO?

Lol. . . Let us consider timeline of the stories... How can you even compare the jesus and zodiac ish to this. . .

First in the sumerian deluge where their flood story is recorded; A man ziusudra over heard the gods planning to destroy the world and he built a vessel to survive. this was written within 2200-2100 BC and which also believed to have older stories that predates this

then a similar story emerges with a similar theme and style of the same flood story only that this time the name was different.
The babylonian Gilgamesh tale where Gilgamesh built the boat at the command of the god ea.. . a copy of the story in cunei form dates 2000-1400BC.

then let me bring in the jewish version then, similar theme and motif to the two above only that this time it was a man named noah and a god yahweh commanded him and this story was dated 650-450BC

Let me stop with these three examples. . . These three stories of exact theme written at drastic different times. . Its either the three writers experienced three different flood events or its just a transfer of cultural mythology.

The jews believe their ancestor (abraham) to be from Ur in mesopotamia.

Babylonian civilization is also an offshoot of sumerian (mesopotamian) civilization. . . so these stories are just copies of the same mythology reworked in each culture.

Unless you mean to tell me that the scribe that wrote the noah story also saw another global flood... smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Anyway, who can integrate x^x dx?
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
timonski:
Anyway, who can integrate x^x dx?
You can join us at the science discussion thread
Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
johnydon22:

You can join us at the science discussion thread
sure u can solve it? :/
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
NumberOne2:

So, for your mind, you expected me to learn something from your baseless argument?

The stories are similar, because they might have been describing a common local flood (the only possible option) that some ancestral people experienced and relayed by word of mouth. But many of the later copycats must have tweaked the story to exalt their invented god.

Is their anything logical about that story to make it true? Go back to that thread and reread my posts with open mind to clarify yourself, or simply Google search. In the thread, I had argued the impossibility of the tale with you, so I wouldn't start that again here.

2 Likes

Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
What exactly is happening to NumberOne2 posts Seems its been removed by anti-spam bots or something, i don't quite understand...
Re: How To Invent A Religion by menesheh(m): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:
What exactly is happening to NumberOne2 posts Seems its been removed by anti-spam bots or something, i don't quite understand...

Are you looking for his missing posts?
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
menesheh:

Are you looking for his missing posts?

Yes its a discussion, would love to see them and read them and then reply them. . . from the looks of it, he has made three posts now that were removed or banned . . .don't quite know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Authority of the Bible - personal motivation? / Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? / THE BATTLE GROUND short Movies Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.