Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,622 members, 7,770,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

I Got Defrauded By My Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (35966 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Defrauded By My Bank by klevjey: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by andyanders: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
Just insist that you NEVER withdrew the said N2,000 and that if this issue is not sorted by the bank since you did not make any withdrawal from the bank, that you will go to the media print and also AIT and Channels to report this case. Too, inform them that you will contact a lawyer to this effect. Since they said that it was your ATM, they should provide the video since every ATM machine supposed to have a hidden camera.

That you have now suffered psychological trauma over this issue and will seek legal redress and anything spent must be paid by the bank.

It is the bank that took the money. Insist and call for your statement of account to note the time of the said withdrawal.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
They always do it to the rich people whose account balance is not known to them grin now that hand don catch up with them ehnn cheesy. Thou shalt not touch an angry Nigerian angry cheesy
Lalasticlala, Ishilove front page please

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
Go on their twiter customercare and complain stating the branch, when u report and what respond u got when u report. Some1 will take u seriously.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by toyeoye(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Collect your money!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by LAfricana(m): 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dose OND guys attending to you dont know anything undecided, insist on seeing the branch manager

and if he's dumb too, send a mail to their customer services, no joke in the mail o, curse them like Oyedepo lipsrsealed

threaten the recipient with ogun, tell dem d 2k is your sweat, and you av enough data to run their image down angry

show a link of this post on nairaland, and with intentions of twitting their azz of their despicable reputation angry

Your account would be credited in no time cool

And if u fit go commando.. enta the banking hall, shout, curse curse cure, disrupt activities there, no collect begging tell whoever cares to listen
b4 you know it agrieved customers would join you, walahi dem go dash you your money back undecided... disclaimer * if you no grab reach, dont try this o*
Tenk wink

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by YerYer: 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
SMH, this is terrible. Just makes me wonder how many people they do this to on a daily basis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by dondestiny(m): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ehya..sad
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by adorablepepple(f): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ha, let me give you one solid advice, tell them your uncle is a journalist and you would tell him how you were defrauded by access bank, n that he works with punch newspaper . Tell them you have a blog also Where the news will trend so fast. Good luck man.

Let me know What happens after

3 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ITbomb(m): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Do the maths

Access Bank and UBA? Beware

They deducts from rich customers with millions who do not notice the difference but when they want to try it on our thousands, we know.

14 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by olaopts: 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Can you upload the transaction details for the said 2000 NGN?

4 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by kombats: 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
Access Bank?? Abegi close ur acct with dem ASAP and move to GTB

11 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
na Godwin sorry bank win

4 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by BrAkingNews: 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
That is how they are. GTBank now charges me for every ATM Withdrawal from any other bank #65 instead of three times

Please allow me to pass a message to your readers here.

IJMB for the 2015/2016 session is now out. The

IJMB online registration is now live for

the interested candidates to register online for theirselves and their wards at

IJMB Form is for #8,000. The lectures have started for you get in. Our fees are moderate at #110,000 for the school fee, hostel fee for

#35,000. We are ready to answer your question at IJMBway Alevel Registration

But please do visit our site to read Our IJMB FAQ

before asking questions, since we attend to hundreds of interested candidates everyday,. And if you don't

know what IJMB is, you can visit our IJMB Website for all information about

IJMB. In summary, IJMB is a 9 month "difficult" program that takes you to

200L without writing JAMB but with post - UTME in some Nigerian universities. IJMB is being supervised by

Ahmadu Bellow University, Zaria. The total cost for your form, textbooks, hostel/accommodation, tuition fees

is #168,000 till you write your final examination, and you are allowed to pay two times

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by youngvizzy1(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
cry eya
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by hotgunz(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Go to court....get a lawyer
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by FullDepth1: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
N2000 is small o, but NO GREE FOR THEM !!!!

Take your clothes off, and Stand there

They will Return it,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ZACHIE: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
come to think of it, i have same issue at Zenith today requiring my attention for tomorrow
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by olempe(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Na wa o
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Goahead(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Just get in there and start shouting, the manager will definitely call for your attention and address the matter.

Simple.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ochallo: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Okay, now first if the money was done with a withdrawal slip you have to request for the withdrawal slip from the control office, to confirm who raised the money. this would require going to the bank constantly.
If it was an atm withdrawal, then you would need to have the particular atm machine. The issue of photos taken by atm machines does not happen with all atm machines . so this would be difficult to prove.

When i was in the bank we had a similar case of an account number being shared by two people unknowingly, the lady came into the bank, asked for her account number, and her name was used to search the account number out, she then went ahead to withdraw the money , on getting to the teller, she was told her account signature was not right, she then went to the customer service officer, who showed her the signature on the account, since it was a old account, there was no photo (2007 account). So she just took the money and started withdrawing from the account, this was before phone alerts.

7 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cameras don't lie.

Ask them if it's an ATM withdrawal or a counter withdrawal.

If u get the time, tell them to show you camera footage.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by olempe(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
FullDepth1:
N2000 is small o, but NO GREE FOR THEM !!!!

Take your clothes off, and Stand there

They will Return it,,

grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
What was the description of the debited N2000?
This will help if the debit occurred at an ATM or via online banking or POS. The date and the time will also help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by jejemanito: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
#OnlyInNigeria banks engage in stylish-419

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
You appear to be a gentle person. If you scream on top of your voice and disrupt the peace of the bank like ORUBEBE, they will return your 2k sharperly.

32 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by djakinwande(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
andyanders:
Just insist that you NEVER withdrew the said N2,000 and that if this issue is not sorted by the bank since you did not make any withdrawal from the bank, that you will go to the media print and also AIT and Channels to report this case. Too inform them that you will contact a lawyer to this effect. Since they said that it was your ATM, they should provide the video since every ATM machine supposed to have a hidden camera.

That you have now suffered psychological trauma over this issue and will seek legal redress and anything spent must be paid by the bank.

It is the bank that took the money. Insist and call for your statement of account to note the time of the said withdrawal.
seconded

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by dannewlife(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is a lesson for me.
I need to monitor my accounts closely now.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by alfredov: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
U need seek for d manager attention.... Den explain urself.... Every transaction done in a bank or ATM d person image is display or snap.... If nt done online
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
sorry
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by hotgunz(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ds banks sef last month I withdraw money from zenith ATM in ibadan then wen to send the money to my siblin @ Access bank only to b told by d cashier that 1 of the 1000 notes was fake...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / China Bans Financial Institutions From All Cryptocurrency Business / He Has 800k And Is In Search Of A Good Business To Start

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.