Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

I Got Defrauded By My Bank - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (35961 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sneak3(m): 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
iliyande:

Who is saying that the bank took? Pure an insider fraud

Oga I don't work with Access bank ok so let your response(s) be polite. Just telling u what I know
as some1 in that sector.. I see cases like this on daily basis and on investigation, it still boils down to d fact that u have compromised your atm pin and some who have access to ur plastic chose to use it. or it might even be ur humble self who withdrew but have forgotten simply because u did not receive alert on that particular trnx.

Meanwhile I have told you what to do earlier if u ain't satisfy with their explanation.. the atm footage will reveal the face of the person that withdrew that 2k.. but pls come back here on nairaland to share the final story..

Thanks..
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Gladmama(f): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nigerians and fraud, hope PMB will sort them out soon.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
sunshine1974:
Stole kor steal ni, u people are funny sha.

So u think I made my story up just to make first bank look bad..and what will I gain from tellin such a lie here??

I pray the same thing my younger sis is passing through now,befall u soon..and wen it does don't come here crying over it...l
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sunshine1974(m): 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
If it happens to me I know how to press my case so u don't need to pray
Ekeeyhandsome:

So u think I made my story up just to make first bank look bad..and what will I gain from tellin such a lie here??

I pray the same thing my younger sis is passing through now,befall u soon..and wen it does don't come here crying over it...l
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by spacechuks(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
I think all you guys dragging the names of various banks here should be sued for that. No bank can steal your money, the financial system is under control in such a way that you can know the details of every transaction that transpired in your account. Many customers on their own compromised their atm pin, token numbers etc and they end up crying fowl that the bank has defrauded them. @OP...... kindly ask for the narration of that debit, if it is an atm withdrawal, you will know the location, time of that debit. you can go further to ask for the footage if it is an atm withdrawal..... note.. if the footage reveals somebody you know who might have used your card..... the bank would have you arrested first for divulging your pin before dealing with the fraudster. Also many a times most ppl use their cards for online purchase and by so doing revealing their card details online... they end up get debited subsequently for no service rendered or product delivered by merchants involved... the customer would just open his/her mouth spewing gibberish on nairaland....... my advice ask questions, get clarification before jumping into conclusion.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by taiwoti(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
tunde1200:
Please do you have their email address let me havve it.
I had a similar issues with the same bank though they have refund but not all.

cpd@cbn.gov.ng, your complaint shall be dealt with appropriately. Thanks
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by tunde1200(m): 9:51am On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks

taiwoti:

cpd@cbn.gov.ng, your complaint shall be dealt with appropriately. Thanks
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
I'm very grateful to the Nairalanders who suggested sending a mail to CBN, as related to dispense error issue. 7k was debited from my GTBank account, over two months ago, while trying to withdraw from an ATM. I lodged several complaints with the Bank by April, after the incident, but got no positive response. So, I mailed Costumer Care Unit of the apex Bank as suggested by some Nairalanders here, and surprisingly my 7k was returned to my account. This happened the following day after mailing CBN.
And I must add that I don't think the dispense error resulted from any fraud committed by GTBank, I believe the error was related to 'switch inoperative', not sure I got the right term. I said this because the ATM I frequently use gives me this response once in a while-' switch inoperative'.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by paschu: 1:50am On Oct 07, 2015
spacechuks:
I think all you guys dragging the names of various banks here should be sued for that. No bank can steal your money, the financial system is under control in such a way that you can know the details of every transaction that transpired in your account. Many customers on their own compromised their atm pin, token numbers etc and they end up crying fowl that the bank has defrauded them. @OP...... kindly ask for the narration of that debit, if it is an atm withdrawal, you will know the location, time of that debit. you can go further to ask for the footage if it is an atm withdrawal..... note.. if the footage reveals somebody you know who might have used your card..... the bank would have you arrested first for divulging your pin before dealing with the fraudster. Also many a times most ppl use their cards for online purchase and by so doing revealing their card details online... they end up get debited subsequently for no service rendered or product delivered by merchants involved... the customer would just open his/her mouth spewing gibberish on nairaland....... my advice ask questions, get clarification before jumping into conclusion.

Which law gives the banks RIGHT to arrest someone that divulges her pin to someone else? Are you saying this matter of factly? Or are you just being judgemental and wishing you're in the position to intimidate or punish anyone that behaves in ways that don't tickle your fancy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajah Market, Lagos Is On Fire (Photo) / #BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / China Bans Financial Institutions From All Cryptocurrency Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.