Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,459 members, 7,770,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:36 AM

I Got Defrauded By My Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (35962 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
Trust me,you have already set that branch on 'fire' by narrating your experience here. You will get a call before this week runs out. Nobody or Organisation messes up with a Nairalander !

7 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ceejay80s(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
babasanti:

My brother same thing happened to me. Mine is 6,000naira. I use my atm to fund my 9jabet account. So I'm suspecting 9jabet
kalokalo
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by innocent1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
My brother, your money is not save in that account/bank. The first thing you should do to be on the safe side, transfer all your money to another account first before any other account. Should incase any of ur friends have gotten access to your card info without you knowing. So that they don't go there the second time.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by damiloladuke: 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
you don't mean it

READ THE PRIVATE PERSONAL DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH HERE www.wenogetjob..com
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by standupguy(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
This happened to me with firstbank 2yrs ago.
10k just disappeared from my account with no email notification nor Sms alert.
I was told my card was used for an online transaction, that I must have exposed my PAN. I argued that there was no way someone would get my PAN, my Security and my pin from my memory to initiate such transactions.
From what they said, it was used for 4 different transaction of about 2500 each, but I queried them how come I got no alert for the transactions, not even one alert both email alert and sms alert, if I was careless and take the blame of having exposed my card details then who takes the blame for the failed alert delivery which I pay for monthly? That was when they said that they sent out the alerts but that my phone inbox must have been full or my network provider had issue at the time. Then I asked them what was responsible for the failed email alert, that they had no answer to that.

They will try all possible means to deny there shortcomings and lapses if you have the time , the legal prowness and media resources they will be forced to settle it to avoid bad image.
Don't overlook it because it's 2k, it's about the principle.

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by kachai(f): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hmmm...same thing happened to my diamond account. I just dey house begin receive debit alert. 10k was taken from my account. I ran to their diamond bank in gwarimpa, the customer care had no idea of what to do. She asked if I did any transaction online, I sha didn't do any. I had my atm card with me. I suspected inhouse fraud. My hard erned money, person dey steal. I cried that ehn... I jejely went and closed my account.

Don't trust nigerian banks anymore!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by yomi007k(m): 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
ojosegun2011:
There is no small crime, go to EFCC and don't mind the cost. How many people they do that for in a day is known to God only. There are too many rogues in the banks nowaday. The same thing happened to me at Access Bank in Ibadan and when EFCC came in they got the cashier and many customers whose accounts were deducted illegally under the guise of service charges with paltry sums like N62, N100, in their thousands and they made refund of my money and I claimed N9,500 for transport and they paid. I have since resulted to using cheque and moved my lump sums out of the bank to another bank.
EFCC Ibadan right?
Hmmm
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
this is how they swindle customers...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ceejay80s(m): 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
amtheone:
How would I know if my banks have been deducting money from my accounts illegally.

What happened to op just gave me a second thought.
always monitor ur account, request that u receive alerts on ur phone . Na thieves full bank, see the ones wey still dey court from first bank and CBN , I dey give my account close marking since uba wan follow me try rubbish
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by carzola(m): 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
Naked yourself infront of the bank the would pay u your 2k with compensation grin grin grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by happney65: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Except PM's from NL girls asap..most of them boyfriend's sef no get 10,000naira for account sef.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ceejay80s(m): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
andyanders:
Just insist that you NEVER withdrew the said N2,000 and that if this issue is not sorted by the bank since you did not make any withdrawal from the bank, that you will go to the media print and also AIT and Channels to report this case. Too inform them that you will contact a lawyer to this effect. Since they said that it was your ATM, they should provide the video since every ATM machine supposed to have a hidden camera.

That you have now suffered psychological trauma over this issue and will seek legal redress and anything spent must be paid by the bank.

It is the bank that took the money. Insist and call for your statement of account to note the time of the said withdrawal.
Guy u don hammer, go get lawyer and use me as ur body guard
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Hotguy27: 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
I want to sincerely advise you to calm down and request for the footage of the transaction. I have seen a case where a customer had a similar experience and insisted that she was not the one that withdrew the money and that no one could have access to her ATM card. Luckly, there was a clear CCTV footage that recorded how her childhood friend went and withdrew 22k out of her 45k available balance. Their 26 yr friendship came to an end as her friend also admitted being responsible for many of her belongings that got missing mysteriously. Someone close to you might be responsible. Also, check if you attempted withdrawing such amount on the date of the transaction, it might have been a dispense error but you never knew. Finally, insist on getting to the root of the matter and don't forget to give us feedback. Goodluck!

4 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by dabwan123(m): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
this is common practice with banks, and they won't send alerts for such deductions. That's how the banks maximize profit, by fraud. Imagine N2000 taken from 1million customers unawares. that's already 2 billion. they always do, and in fact I'm a victim to this type of fraud. I always demand refund even when its only N400.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by shamme2005(m): 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
hotgunz:
Ds banks sef last month I withdraw money from zenith ATM in ibadan then wen to send the money to my siblin @ Access bank only to b told by d cashier that 1 of the 1000 notes was fake...
dnt worry na pdp style but change don come dey no fit try day nonsense again call me wen u experience such again.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by laboguashi(m): 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
kennygee:
Cameras don't lie.

Ask them if it's an ATM withdrawal or a counter withdrawal.

If u get the time, tell them to show you camera footage.

Most of those cameras Dont save images.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Olushauneddy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Last week Thursday I deposited 70,000 naira into a new account I tend to open and operate with DIAMOND BANK up to this minute of uploading this comment I've not received any sms alert according to them that I would be sent an sms stating my account number and the credit alert of the deposited sum. Actually, I've sent a mail to their customer service unit in their head-office waiting for their response and giving them enough time to have a say in the matter. The duplicate copy of the deposit slip is still with me kampee!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by synergycom19: 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
Access,UBA And Skye Bank are criminal banks defrauding small time customers to stay afloat,because they knew this group of people have no means to procure a lawyer
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by CaptPlanet(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
Diamond bank style!

If you insist, they'll claim it's for servicing your account.

They did it to me several years ago. I was stranded at gwagwalada sometime so I asked my cuz to pay in 5k into my diamond bank acc. He did abd I got the alert.

On getting to the bank, I saw about 3k smthg, I cldnt believe it. Here I was, looking for cash to pay for a room and survive one more day since the main cash was coming the following day. When I complained, the cows told me that they deducted the money for servicing the acct since more than 5k wasn't in the acct since.
I jejely, took my 3.5k and left and that was the last day I used that acct.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by laboguashi(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
OP, thank your stars o. When I was in the banking industry, a senior staff at interswitch had a nasty experience. His account was debited via ATM a few mins to 12 on Friday night, then a few mins after 12 on sat morning.

The account was debited a few mins to 12 on sunday night and a few mins after 12 on Monday. 4 good transactions over the weekend.

Unfortunately for him, no branch was open where he could lodge a complain for the account to be blocked and all the while, his ATM card was with him.

Fraudulent transactions like that brought about the switch from magnetic stripe cards to chip cards.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by joelreg(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
This access bank is becoming useless like never before.
They also deduct my 1500 without sending sms alert to me.
Tomorrow I will either my 1500 or wahala
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by adeakeem(m): 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
Kx:
While u are trying to get a resolution of this issue, withdraw d N151k first and fast.
Good idea
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by gidjah(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
this guys again, ? had like #1,000000 in my account, then on my way home from office, imagine d alert that #10,000hss been deducted from my acct , na so I rush to this funny ECO bank in Asokoro f c t. uptill date nothing came up. they kept telling me that t wasn't fraud. the next week, na so the ATM in another branch consume another 30k!!no be small gobe b DAT, !u need to hear tongues of d holy ghost by. yours truely, thank god for my father Oyedepo, it wasn't difficult blowing in hot tongues!,but tnk hod my 30k showed up, but NY 10k hasn't till date. those guys r too mean wallahi !so sorry. my o p
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Emmyjb(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Access Bank has being deducting my money since so I decided not to be baking with them.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by undergoals: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
hotgunz:
Ds banks sef last month I withdraw money from zenith ATM in ibadan then wen to send the money to my siblin @ Access bank only to b told by d cashier that 1 of the 1000 notes was fake...

its possible bro... i witdrw from gtbank atm outside the bank, went inside the bank to deposit the money and the cashier said one of the money is fake... well i dragged it with them ooo till i get my 1k back ooo that same day..
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Kingbilo(m): 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
andyanders:
Just insist that you NEVER withdrew the said N2,000 and that if this issue is not sorted by the bank since you did not make any withdrawal from the bank, that you will go to the media print and also AIT and Channels to report this case. Too, inform them that you will contact a lawyer to this effect. Since they said that it was your ATM, they should provide the video since every ATM machine supposed to have a hidden camera.

That you have now suffered psychological trauma over this issue and will seek legal redress and anything spent must be paid by the bank.

It is the bank that took the money. Insist and call for your statement of account to note the time of the said withdrawal.

Lol. All this over 2k... They know you won't do that.. Just tell them you will close the account and they will sort it out sharply
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by smudge2079(m): 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

Everyone blabbing here does not know wat dey call a dispense error. It's possible u tried ur card on a POS or ATM and u got dat error message telling u of network downtime or Switch user inoperative...... U might get debited & u won't even know...
Tell d bank to do deir investigation & give u the feedback..... Better still, just call d customer care for assistance.... Den pls come back to dis same page to give us d testimony. U can't just tarnish someone's reputation openly den wen d issue get resolved u just sweep d feedback unda d carpet after u ve succeeded in giving people a false opinion about an Establishment.....
I don't believe a bank will soil her hand because of 5k...

3 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by lolaluv1(f): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Olushauneddy:
Last week Thursday I deposited 70,000 naira into a new account I tend to open and operate with DIAMOND BANK up to this minute of uploading this comment I've not received any sms alert according to them that I would be sent an sms stating my account number and the credit alert of the deposited sum. Actually, I've sent a mail to their customer service unit in their head-office waiting for their response and giving them enough time to have a say in the matter. The duplicate copy of the deposit slip is still with me kampee!

Are you scared? tongue
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by morereb10: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
callmenow:
This does not look like or smell like fraud, even internal fraud. I presume you 'withdrew' the money at atm or in a branch. There will be a time stamp. Then with the help of alibi, if any, the bank will resolve it. Banks treat internal fraud more seriously than external ones. Don't panic. Don't withdraw your money. Your account is now more secure than others, because it is under investigation. Good luck!

oloshi, are u a banker? or are u working with access bank? u come dey talk rubbish here.

I go arrest u if u talk for dis forum again. no na God take am.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Mactons(m): 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bros pls do a formal complaint and allow the bank do their investigations. Because you may end up disgracing yourself if by the end they find out that the fault is yours
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by jomoh: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

Taar. Guy u no get reach dat amount for dia u come dey shame to make scene.

I trust myself Original Ib boy. Even the passer-by for street outside the bank go hear my voice. Dem dey craze.

Any attempt to calm me down sef na another episode.

2 thaaaaazand

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Genea(f): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
Me dah dey always withdraw #100 every 3mnths telling annual verve maintanance fee,pls is a yr 3mnths
YerYer:
SMH, this is terrible. Just makes me wonder how many people they do this to on a daily basis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajah Market, Lagos Is On Fire (Photo) / #BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / China Bans Financial Institutions From All Cryptocurrency Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.