Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,587 members, 7,770,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

I Got Defrauded By My Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (35963 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Venom104: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
FullDepth1:
N2000 is small o, but NO GREE FOR THEM !!!!

Take your clothes off, and Stand there

They will Return it,,

Small you say? You fit dash person that amount?

6 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by zeal22(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
If he uploads the details of the alert then u will realise that not only Jona is daft!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by arsetalks(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
I have the same issue with UBA. I did a transfer of $3000 made to myself via worldremit.com since I do not want to go through the hassle of withdrawing from paypal or getting someone to buy paypal funds off me, I got the alert of the payment credited to my account by 8pm. I went in the morning ( a Saturday ) to transfer using quickteller, after doing two transfers, I was told insufficient balance, the two transfers were covered from my initial balance and till date, UBA kept saying they refunded remit which they never did.

Almost two months and we are still on this issue.

They are not getting away with it though. And I advise you don't allow them too. It make be 2k, but if you allow them, they will do much more. It is someone in the bank doing it.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by odyx: 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ask for the transaction ticket be it ATM or withdrawal
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Kx: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
While u are trying to get a resolution of this issue, withdraw d N151k first and fast.

4 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by felsunseg(m): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
why we get court carry them go nw.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
@OP dnt worry, dey will return d money
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by babasanti: 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

My brother same thing happened to me. Mine is 6,000naira. I use my atm to fund my 9jabet account. So I'm suspecting 9jabet

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Optional2(f): 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cash ur remining money in d acct block it nd open acct wit another bank simple
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by amtheone(m): 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
How would I know if my banks have been deducting money from my accounts illegally.

What happened to op just gave me a second thought.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by peeparty(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
omo na betta case to carry chop money be this oo,no dull ursef oo.lol
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by nerodenero: 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
... And transfer it to another account.
Kx:
While u are trying to get a resolution of this issue, withdraw d N151k first and fast.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by kilokeys(m): 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lol.. With an account balance of 957 naira... I wonder how much they could steal from me..
Well i fit dash dem the 7 naira on it sha
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by lakesidepapa(m): 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

I have encountered such before and the funniest part of it was that they kept debiting until i withdrew all my money and closed the bank account, I went ahead to go and open another account in another bank, If care is not taken, they will be keep doing it until they spoil ur life.. Omo Ijesha le'mi and I don't play with my money. I will advice u to do as i did.

3 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Optional2(f): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
klevjey:

#ItsonlyinNigeria bank fraud happen on top of it dy go lie join am
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Obamaone: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
Go there tomorrow and try to distort their transaction
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by babasanti: 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
I went to FCMB atm to withdraw 13k , the atm paid me 12k5. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a friday evening if not I for storm d bank, do wetin I do for kinshassa in 1997.

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by chidifyn(f): 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
Let them pay d cctv video of the day the 2000 was claimed to be withdrawn by u. That's simply n clear. U can report to their head office. good luck n remember to share d 2000 when they credit u bk with us ooo
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by DICKtator: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
klevjey:

Dude write a formal report!!!

This is a clear cut case of fraud

It may be teeming and lading!!
Don't quit!!

When they see big amount that hasn't been touched in a while, they move money from it(pilfering)

Write a letter and send it to their head office

Internal control should investigate the matter!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by callmenow: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
This does not look like or smell like fraud, even internal fraud. I presume you 'withdrew' the money at atm or in a branch. There will be a time stamp. Then with the help of alibi, if any, the bank will resolve it. Banks treat internal fraud more seriously than external ones. Don't panic. Don't withdraw your money. Your account is now more secure than others, because it is under investigation. Good luck!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by yomi007k(m): 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
hotgunz:
Go to court....get a lawyer
And get justice 35yrs later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by keandre: 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
FullDepth1:

They will Return it,,

grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by keandre: 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
FullDepth1:

They will Return it,,

grin nawa ooo
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
that's really bad
I had similar problem some months ago but it was remitted...
go to the customer care desk complain about it and tell them to check all notifications on their system to clarify..
or be patient it may an error
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by bodejohn(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
The did is done in this case but while you at it, move the remaining funds into a fixed deposite account.

Anytime I have idle funds greater than 100k in my account, it gets moved into the fixed deposite, while it is safer there, it also brings better interests...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by hotgunz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
yomi007k:

And get justice 35yrs later.
yes now for 2k....
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ojosegun2011(m): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
There is no small crime, go to EFCC and don't mind the cost. How many people they do that for in a day is known to God only. There are too many rogues in the banks nowaday. The same thing happened to me at Access Bank in Ibadan and when EFCC came in they got the cashier and many customers whose accounts were deducted illegally under the guise of service charges with paltry sums like N62, N100, in their thousands and they made refund of my money and I claimed N9,500 for transport and they paid. I have since resulted to using cheque and moved my lump sums out of the bank to another bank.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by yomi007k(m): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
I always say it dat nobody is safe in ds country.

Bank will take ur money n u can't do anything cos d court will take ur money n a lifetime to give u justice.
cry
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Psylas(m): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
kombats:
Access Bank?? Abegi close ur acct with dem ASAP and move to GTB
na gtb be dey do the main grand theft

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
I think Firstbank and Stanbic IBTC also does this some times on my accounts because I always get confused anytime I received alert on my phone. I WILL START WRITTEN DOWN MY ACCOUNT BALANCE IN MY JOTTER BECAUSE I DONT LIKE LEAVING THE SMS ON MY PHONE
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by visita: 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
So you've always received alerts for previous transactions but didn't receive any for this particular 2k? Make sure you recover your every penny!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by taiwoti(m): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
[quote author=klevjey post=35075670]I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

Please forward a mail or a letter to the Consumer Protection Department of CBN, stating your grievances with your statement of account of the said period, I promise you that within 3 days the said bank will refund your money and they will tender an unreserved apology to that effect, trust me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / China Bans Financial Institutions From All Cryptocurrency Business / He Has 800k And Is In Search Of A Good Business To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.