Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages (18979 Views)

Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / I Need Help(tips/tactics)to Scaling Through Dragnet Job Tests / On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by gbaskiboy: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Masudoyindamola:
j
J for June grin well done
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Hey!! my namesake moniker
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Kufie(m): 7:50am On Jun 24, 2015
LOL
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Johnnoo(m): 7:50am On Jun 24, 2015
bestest001:

Dear Sir/Ma,
I think you are supposed to consider people who were able to reach a high stage of your recruitment exercise to include them in your employee database, so that when job opportunity arise again, they can reap reward of their past performance in your recruitment excercise.
Its really going to be difficult for someone to reapply to your jobs when you have this numerous stages to a recruitment exercise and the applicant remembers what he went through previously.
Thank you.

XXXX-XXXXXXX

This is maturity

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Valwezzy: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2015
gbaskiboy:
not too fast grin, hw are u doing?
Bad Wanted to be The FTCgringringrin
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Icon4s(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2015
From ur reasoning if people in d past that got to the stage u got to were kept on staff data base for future employment, it means pple of ur set will nt gt any test invite.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by slap1(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2015
I didn't read where the OP said he was dropped because of age.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by ayusco85(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Lousymouth:
It baffles me how our companies operate.... How can one scale all hurdles and get dropped cos of age

Where in the OP did it say he was rejected bccos of age?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by 2sex(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2015
slap1:
i TIRE OO maybe he edited it
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by bamac(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2015
slap1:
i tot i am d only one that didn't see dat
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2015
Terry68:

They can't. Our companies of these days are so specific about age.

Even if you're were little close to getting the Job it surely don't guarantee your next try.

The only solution to this; is to continue in reduction of our age.
Swear affidivit as many times as possible.

We prefer literal lies to verbal ones.
exactly...they want us to lie so LIE we will...very annoying these companies are..
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 24, 2015
This reply was even calm. Iremember the one I sent many years ago. I wasn't picked at the last stage so I go angry and sent a text to the human resource. "you people are partial. God gave me that job and you want to steal it. You better retrace your steps, otherwise lightening will. Strike your building." it was really childish though ut don't blame me, I was a fresh graduate
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by kkboy(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2015
bestest001:
I just replied to a regret mail from a big indigenous oil company in this way. What do you fellow N'landers think? isn't my reasoning right considering the cost and effort one has to put in for these recruitments.

Dear Sir/Ma,
I think you are supposed to consider people who were able to reach a high stage of your recruitment exercise to include them in your employee database, so that when job opportunity arise again, they can reap reward of their past performance in your recruitment excercise.
Its really going to be difficult for someone to reapply to your jobs when you have this numerous stages to a recruitment exercise and the applicant remembers what he went through previously.
Thank you.

XXXX-XXXXXXX

That's the ideal thing they should do. It's nice you reminded them of that responsibility.I assure you this reply may be a plus and an advantage to you in future selection if the company HR is professional in their conducts and a minus if otherwise.
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by jamace(m): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Brugo:
You shouldn't have replied the mail. The person who would read it cannot make the decision to keep you filed for future recruitment.
No. It could lead to policy change or amendment.
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by onatisi(m): 8:07am On Jun 24, 2015
Lousymouth:
It baffles me how our companies operate.... How can one scale all hurdles and get dropped cos of age
the age issue in employment is a global issue .even in dubai and many other western countries when u reach the age of 40,it will be hard to get a job. What stands u out is the skill and experience u posses, that is why I always advice ppl of 35 and above to get skilled in vocational things. But in Fields like medicine and engineering ,age maybe an advantage .my advice is that once u pass the age of 30yrs start acquiring skills that can or will enable u to stand on ur own .
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by refreshrate: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
wildchild1:
Short and and straight to the point,and i totally support your view.But wait oo,you mean you successful passed all the stages but still didnt get the job?

In other news 30pairs of TOMS available for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes

You go fear na. think sey md no get candidate? most of the time these processes na for so it doesn't look as if they don't recruit people.

someone told me of an interview he went for regarding a job, as stages were going people started knowing each other like big brother africa housemates.
Final stage na so 3 other people just appear for big brother house.
long & short guess who got recruited?

Read somewhere that your degree can only get you thus far, but your relationships (what the unaware call connections make things happen)

when you see people sending their kids to schools with obscene school fees you think it's cos they like the color of the uniform?

send the mail I promise you 2 things amongst others

1. like someone said earlier it won't get to the decision makers.

2. this too shall pass.

For me I'll advice you get back on your feet say odeshi and get to understand how to play the game...& play hard.

people are still working with the 1960s rules of get a good grade get a good job.
there were plenty jobs in the 60s

these days jobs are even reducing.
do the math.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Brugo(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
jamace:
No. It could lead to policy change or amendment.

My brother it won't. They would almost always prefer fresh candidates for entry level jobs. And don't talk about saving cost of recruitment exercise. This is an oil company. The cost is nothing to them.
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Feranmicharles(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
colossus2:

How far with your GEJ trekkers?
hahahahagrin you sefgrin. Dem dey ogrin
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Inception(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2015
i wont be surprised if that company is Oando.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by TheLaughter: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Terry68:

They can't. Our companies of these days are so specific about age.

Even if you're were little close to getting the Job it surely don't guarantee your next try.

The only solution to this; is to continue in reduction of our age.
Swear affidivit as many times as possible.

We prefer literal lies to verbal ones.
Some of the affidavit dont work. After successfully passing all Access Bank stages, they started calculating my age, from the year I entad primary and secondary schools. Finally they asked me to get my WAEC Cert. I told them I dont have WAEC(knowing that my real age is there), that I have been using my NECO ever since. One of the guys was like, who in Nigeria doesnt sit for WAEC, I told them that all hands arent equal, that u are born into a rich family and found life easy, isnt dsame for majority of us. I gave them a piece of my mind that day, when I knew my age has disqualified me... D funny thing is that I was just 25 then.
I hv kept wondering if they nid capable hands or just kids, if they actually hv vacancies at all. Its only very few that can meet the criterion of 24years after University and service when compared to majority of graduates. God wil help us sha

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by idupaul: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2015
bestest001:
I just replied to a regret mail from a big indigenous oil company in this way. What do you fellow N'landers think? isn't my reasoning right considering the cost and effort one has to put in for these recruitments.

Dear Sir/Ma,
Thank you.

XXXX-XXXXXXX

Who starts a letter with "I think you are supposed to" and what manner of syntax was applied in that line .. You just prove that you were not qualified for their next level dear.
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by laprem90: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2015
wildchild1:
Short and and straight to the point,and i totally support your view.But wait oo,you mean you successful passed all the stages but still didnt get the job?

In other news 30pairs of TOMS available for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes

Mr wildchild1 carry your advert comot here Jare
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Lionhearted: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2015
Dear OP no company or firm is under any compulsion to employ you. How are you sure you successfully passed all the require stages?

And on the issues of database, you wouldn't know whether your profile is already there or not.

Frankly, by your attitude, mannerism and the way you wrote your post I daresay you are apparently not qualify to be employ there.

What skills and value will you bring to the organisation apart from your degrees?

And finally don't take my post in bad light. I understand your plight, I also not being 'gainfully' employed.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Femistico(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2015
thats rude ooo and they might still be considering u in there next recruitment b4...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by 400billionman: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2015
Brugo:
You shouldn't have replied the mail. The person who would read it cannot make the decision to keep you filed for future recruitment.

Change starts from one person..

Poster, I commend your reply, it was straight to point, filled with message and no insults was intended.

After attending many recruitment exercises for up to 5 oil companies, I told myself that i won't bother about them again but i will work very hard to own or buy an oil company in future. That's my revenge. They are known for treating candidates anyhow. I passed many bank tests, yet no single oil company.
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by JOEmystic(m): 8:44am On Jun 24, 2015
kilokeys:
4 stages? cry

I wouldn't reply with many words as you did..
I'll send them a simple one..

4Q
grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by buskie13(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2015
youngice:
mtcheew
was it only me that was expecting to see one hate filled diatribe
hoping to see de op curse dem bad...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by indiraserv: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2015
bestest001:

Dear Sir/Ma,
I (never personalize a corporate mail)(you can say something like it will be a fantastic idea,if you are not doing it already to ......) think you are supposed to consider people who were able to reach a high stage of your recruitment exercise to include them in your employee database, so that when (another/a) job opportunity arise arises again, they can reap reward of be beneficiaries of their past performance in your recruitment excercise.
[s]Its really going to be difficult for someone to reapply to your jobs when you have this numerous stages to a recruitment exercise and the applicant remembers what he went through previously.
Thank you.[/s] not necessary cos at this point you make it seem like a personal vendetta,truth is unemployment is soooo bad in this country thousands will still troop back for the same exercise if they so please to do it every week....

XXXX-XXXXXXX

All the best in your future endeavours
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by scobaba: 8:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Pally oil companies recruitment exercise is strenuous, brain tasking, time and money consuming. You even stand the risk of facing queries in your office cos u have to tell several lies to attend this series of test and interview you are not even sure of.

But then, keep trying my friend.......don't stop applying. Don't stop dodging your office to write tests when invited. Spend money if you have to fly or source needed Info......it will never come easy I tell you.

I wrote chevron test twice, nnpc three times, baker Hughes once( this one I almost lost my job cos the test was billed Fr a Monday, u know how monday can be in the office, but I still dodged).

I will not forget NLNG, this one, I passed two stages of their test. The interview, they paid for my flight to and fro and hotel for one night, I was so sure I had finally gotten the job, but I was not called for second interview. I was pained, but then I kept applying. It took me seven years of trials but today I work with one of the top 5 ( d six legged dog). Keep trying my brother, it's worth the pursuit. Six months, you don hammer....... I swear wink

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by OGreene: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2015
Me sef still dey find where im talk age matter, abi i no read well?

slap1:
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2015
LOL

Reminds me of my time with Sahara Group. Crazy moments
Re: A Nairalander Reply To A Regret Mail After Scaling Through Four Stages by deor03(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2015
bestest001:

Dear Sir/Ma,
Thank you.

XXXX-XXXXXXX

Just to console you a little bit, about 12 years ago, i was in your shoes. Not with one company but with 2 companies , i was doing their management trainee interviews at the same time ( Nigerian Brewries and Nigeria Bottling Company). I got the "Sorry" email from the 2 companies about 2 months apart

It was difficult taking it in, infact , i emabarked on a boycott of their products.
But you know what, when God wanted to pay me back, I got a call from a Teleco company ( early days of GSM) , while i was shitting in the toilet.

And the voice asked me to come for an interview next day in VI, I rushed down, thinking i was going to write a job test, and all etc

Next day, I got there, discussed with 2 Oyinbos and 1hour later, I just heard....HR prepare his letter, Young man resume tomorrow.

Long and short : God sees your struggle, he will compensate. Stay Positive

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Call Centre Recruitment? / Salaries Of Dangote Group / 10 Reasons You Don't Have A Job Yet And What You Can Do About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.