Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? (19854 Views)

Success Mail After Interview / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / 8 Months After Medicals At Ikeja Electric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by engrrichie92(m): 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Im sure people with sickle cells and/or diagnosed with cancer gets disqualified @ this stage
what other illness or disease count as a basis for disqualification
Somebody mentioned HIV too...and if it's true,won't that be going against popular message condemning HIV discrimination?
hr peeps...come in and let us know please
have you ever had anyone got a regret mail after medicals..if yes..why?
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by menix(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
engrrichie92:
Im sure people with sickle cells and/or diagnosed with cancer gets disqualified @ this stage
what other illness or disease count as a basis for disqualification
Somebody mentioned HIV too...and if it's true,won't that be going against popular message condemning HIV discrimination?
hr peeps...come in and let us know please
have you ever had anyone got a regret mail after medicals..if yes..why?

HIV

Asthma.

And any chest abi heart complications..
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Cpumping(m): 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
or pple wit alcohol n igbo in their system.

grin

6 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by nmreports: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
I doubt HIV. I have never heard of a company rejecting a candidate because of this. I don't think most companies will check for your HIV status without your consent.

What they check and which can lead to your dismissal are any diseases that may not allow you perform excellently well.
For example,
Teller Bankers; leg disease or muscle diseases or heart issues.
Military etc; Fitness altering diseases like heart issues etc
Engineering; Migraine.
Computer operator; Eye diseases etc

Companies also have a list of what diseases they do not want in their staff so it could just be anything.

Generally speaking however, most companies will test for Hepatitis B or is it D or so and if positive it's good bye.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by engrrichie92(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2015
@nmreports you are mostly correct..but I beg to disagree on the HIV test

with or without your consent,they do HIV test
or why else would they take your blood?

7 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by kunbit(f): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2015
@ engrrichie92 have they sent you Medical invite?
Them access pple
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by engrrichie92(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2015
kunbit:
@ engrrichie92 have they sent you Medical invite?
Them access pple
please reply your pm
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by jpphilips(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2015
@op Do you have HIV?

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by jpphilips(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2015
nmreports:
I doubt HIV. I have never heard of a company rejecting a candidate because of this. I don't think most companies will check for your HIV status without your consent.

What they check and which can lead to your dismissal are any diseases that may not allow you perform excellently well.
For example,
Teller Bankers; leg disease or muscle diseases or heart issues.
Military etc; Fitness diseases like heart etc
Engineering; Migraine.
Computer operator; Eye diseases etc

Companies als have a list of what they do not want in their staff so it could just be anything.

Generally speaking however, most companies will test for Hepatitis B or is it D or so and if positive it's good bye.

continue deceiving yourself. people use protection not because they dont enjoy raw but because they have both their life and job on the line, it is illegal but employers do it anyways.
They will not state HIV on the mail but if you write through a lawyer they will hide behind any of your opportunistic infections claiming that the company's health insurance does not cover such ailment.
smart huh!!

11 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by quincie(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2015
Some Companies do test for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) (from weed) and other drugs in the blood.
Advice to Ex-Smokers like me: (1) Go nd Sin No more
(2) Take Much of Onion/Garlic, They Help in cleansing the blood

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by damton(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Noted
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by MathsChic(f): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Failing the medicals, which could have a test for the use of drugs.
Latent TB.
Fitness to work. If unfit, you can't be on the job.
Some jobs require special conditions, like not having respiratory allergies or problems.
Every company should not discriminate against employees who test +ve for HIV, as that's not allowed by law. Some companies however do.

Mostly also, they want to know if they should be worried about employing you. Some deadly diseases are contagious, e.g TB, and companies are not going to employ you if u have such diseases.

I was tested for Hepatitis, TB, Typhiod, And a couple other sundry tests. But not HIV. Of course, I passed all cheesy but i failed the eye test woefully. That didnt affect me since the job doesnt require that.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by kilokeys(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
lol... maybe u failed the eye test grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
jpphilips:
@op
Do you have HIV?

Seunaj05:
Virginity, if u're applying for the post of the special adviser to the wife of the president

PLANETMARS:
When ur villa pple got ur back

babyfaceafrica:
maybe when they test your bone tissues and they discover that this 24 year old man is actually 32 grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by tinobrace(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
On base 10
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Seunaj05(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
Virginity, if u're applying for the post of the special adviser to the wife of the president

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by ILOVETOFUCK(f): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
Fry Two Eggs for that Man
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Dongreat(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
TB, Hepatitis, heart problem, sometimes HBP. And the most certain one is EBOLA, cos u go certain fail devil medicals with dat one

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
Sweety or zankua
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by babyfaceafrica: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
maybe when they test your bone tissues and they discover that this 24 year old man is actually 32 grin

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Dyt(f): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrrichie92:
Im sure people with sickle cells

I don't think so
undecided undecided undecided
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by PLANETMARS(m): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
When ur villa pple got ur back

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by gbaskiipro: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrrichie92:
@nmreports you are mostly correct..but I beg to disagree on the HIV test

with or without your consent,they do HIV test
or why else would they take your blood?

It is criminal to do HIV test without the persons consent
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by leoweblinkblog(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
wink
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by wellmax(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
menix:

HIV
Asthma.
And any chest abi heart complications..

grin grin grin True

But seriously, its called Medical test, if you fail you are disqualified. The reasons are best known to them and its better they don't tell you.

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
let us stop posting graphic picture of dead people online
lets respect the dead, especially victims of terrorist attack, ipob,accident etc

you can make your news believe-able with other fact, even pictures (but not dead people pls)

read and share the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2753958/why-only-africa-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Tweba01: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
it depends on the country, in UAE with hepatitis B,HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, you are going back home.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by icon8: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
It may not necessarily have to do with the result of the medical examination. Some "not too well structured" organizations seek recruitment approval after all conditions have been met by a candidate, and in some instances, they fail to secure the desired approval, either in terms of grade level or remuneration demands, and at that point a regret mail is sent to the candidate. Stanbic IBTC is fond of this practice, and I am speaking/writing/typing from experience.

So, don't lose sleep because of this, as it may have nothing to do with your health status. However, I'll advise you undergo a comprehensive medical check, just in case.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by donofdons: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
[size=18pt]since buhari entered aso rock na just trouble trouble we dey hear.....death, acciident, fuel scarcity, jobloss, etc[/size]

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Burger01(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
That info about hiv is wrong. They do get employed @ federal level, though I'm not sure about others. Reason for medicals is such that employers would actually know how they can manage employees or post employees with medical challenges to the appropriate work conditions. That's why I like US, no discrimination whatsoever about any medical challenges. They always find a way around that smiley

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by cee001(m): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dyt:

I don't think so undecided undecided undecided
why don't you think so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / Adeleke University Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Vacancy For Call Center Officers And Spervisors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.