Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom (9505 Views)

Battle Between Nigeria Army And IMN Today (Graphic Pics) / The Igbos Don't Need A Single Drop Of Crude Oil From Non Igbo Lands / We'll Protect Your Fundamental Human Rights And Resist This New Dictatorship-PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by merge(f): 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2009
In the Biafra war, the US sided with the Hausa and Yoruba. The US supplied them with ammunitions, aid, etcs

US has a hand in why Igbos are way they are today.

The US thought they could defeat the muslims in Iraq overnight.

Now they want to side with Christians, Igbos.

It is not going to happening only with the dumb ones.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by StFunmi(f): 8:06pm On Feb 27, 2009
In the Biafra war, the US sided with the Hausa and Yoruba. The US supplied them with ammunitions, aid, etcs
How did the Us side with Yoruba and what has Yoruba got to do with Biafran war?. You are obviously crying more than the bereaved in this thread and wouldn't mind yarning opata as long as it keeps the thread going. undecided

US has a hand in why Igbos are way they are today.
How different are the igbo today compared to any other average Nigerian? Do Igbos suffer more than Hausas or Yorubas? Are igbos the poorest of the bunch? . Do you know anything about Nigeria at all?

US have been fighting wars in the desert before the Iraq war. Check your facts right. undecided

Stay in school.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by bawomolo(m): 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2009
blah blah blah.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2009
bawomolo:

blah blah blah.
roflmao!!!!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by blackspade(m): 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Please tell me you are joking with the response above, please do!!
No not in the slightest. But why so condescending?

Kobojunkie:
Any who, there is no need getting into all this rambling of conspiracies and what not.
Conspiracy theories? Please point out the conspiracies. I'll be more than happy to back up everything I've typed on this thread.

Kobojunkie:
Turning this thread into yet another AMERICA is to blame FOR AFRICA’s miseries has yet to help so far, so please stick to the issue at hand and not more of the above.
How is that? This thread deals with the subject of AFRICOM, and me bringing up Somalia (and American proxies) is relevant to this topic, because it gives an idea of what's to come if AFRICOM were to fully materialize.

I'm the last person that would blame America for Africa's miseries. I very well know and accept the wrong doing of African leaders, but you can't simply ignore the vast amount of foreign interference that's been taking place for too long.

9jaganja:

That's a conspiracy theory dude. The Somalians and Ethiopian issue went way back since when the Somalis helped the Europeans commit genocide on Ethiopians killing more than 500k Ethiopians. Eritreans were in the evil too that's the major reason they had to break away from Ethiopia. Saying the US put the Ethiopians troops to distort the Somalis' government is a lie. There beef went way back to when all the Ethiopians had to fight was bow and arrow while the Europeans brought automatics to aid the Somalis. It wasn't even cause of a dispute between the two, it was just that Mussolini felt like killing some Africans.
You're just as (if not more) naive as the poster above.

The animosity between Somalis and Ethiopians is something I didn't need you to explain to me.

You think America decided to support Ethiopia's military force for no reason? ROTFLMAO!!! (Now that's funny)

Thanks.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by udezue(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2009
[/quote][quote author=blackspade link=topic=240115.msg3524485#msg3524485 date=1235753920]
Honestly, some of the responses in this thread make me feel ashamed to be part Igbo.

I'm ashamed an Igbo even gave birth to you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by blackspade(m): 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2009
Ethiopia's Relations With America

Apr 3rd 2008 | ADDIS ABABA

America and Ethiopia need each other, but their needs are not equal

THE alliance between the United States and Ethiopia was born of pragmatism. In another time, they might have been enemies. Ethiopians do not like American soldiers tramping on their soil. Americans dislike Ethiopia's bad human-rights record. Local elections due this month are a case in point. Ethiopia's opposition, emasculated by the long imprisonment of its leaders (most of whom were pardoned last year) and weakened by its own divisions, will almost certainly be crushed in an unfair contest. “It's going to be a stitch-up,” says a Western diplomat. “Control is what this government is all about.”

America jealously guards information about its more discreet military activities in Ethiopia, while advertising its soldiers' do-gooding: digging wells, vaccinating animals and so on. Officially, it contributes only a sliver of Ethiopia's $300m defence budget. Unofficially, it may have helped pay for the rising costs of Ethiopia's army, one of Africa's largest. Some say America has a secret base in eastern Ethiopia to move CIA, special forces and “friendlies” into next-door Somalia; America says not.

What is certain is that the closest military ties between the two countries involve Somalia, which America fears may have already become an incubator of Islamist terrorism. That is why America backed Ethiopia's invasion of Somalia at the end of 2006. Its own air raids on supposed terrorist targets in Somalia have relied on Ethiopian intelligence, though nearly all appear to have missed. American officials praise the Ethiopian troops who are still in Mogadishu, Somalia's battered capital, as peacekeepers; most Somalis see them as occupiers.

Leftist hardliners in Ethiopia's government think that its prime minister, Meles Zenawi, is doing the Bush administration's bidding. That is not how the Americans portray it. Regardless of Mr Zenawi, who must answer to his party's central committee and is anyway due to step down in 2010, the Pentagon wants to make Ethiopia a bulwark in a region where Somalia is a dangerously failed state, Sudan and Eritrea are pariahs and Kenya has troubles of its own. Ethiopia has other selling points. The African Union is based there. Its ancient Christian history stirs American evangelicals. Its poverty and population (at 80m, Africa's third-largest) attract development-minded foreigners.

But Ethiopia is too poor to be rated an A-list client state. Even American hawks admit that selling guns to one of the planet's hungriest countries, the “cradle of humanity” to boot, would look bad. America says the little it gives Ethiopia's forces is “non-lethal”: boots, night-vision goggles, medical kits and so forth. It would like to do more to train Ethiopian troops for peacekeeping work. A measure of America's realism is the way it has allowed Ethiopia to buy arms from North Korea. (I thought they were apart of the axis of evil?)

So differences remain. Many in Ethiopia's 1.2m-strong diaspora in the United States have lobbied their congressional representatives to condemn Mr Zenawi's government as tyrannical. A bill passed by the House of Representatives last year called for curbs on aid to Ethiopia, but is unlikely to be passed by the Senate. Yet it points to a division between those in Washington (mainly Republicans) wanting to reward Ethiopia for fighting terrorism in Somalia and those (mainly Democrats) wishing to punish it for its human-rights abuses at home.

Ethiopia, for its part, had hoped for stronger support from America over its border dispute with Eritrea. It wants the administration to list two Ethiopian separatist groups, the Ogaden National Liberation Front and the Oromo Liberation Front, as terrorists. America is reluctant. The process is complex; it has taken a long time to complete listing the Shabab, a Somali jihadist group. The Ogaden and Oromo fronts will go on fund-raising among their supporters in America, just as the Irish Republican Army once did.

Aid from European Union countries will probably keep flowing, however patent Ethiopia's human-rights violations. China will invest more. But Ethiopia's luck may run out. After several years of good harvests, a famine may set in this year. With 8m of its people likely to depend on food aid, much of it paid for by the Americans, Ethiopia still needs America a lot more than America needs it.

http://www.economist.com/world/mideast-africa/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10979876
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by blackspade(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2009
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2009
blackspade:

No not in the slightest. But why so condescending?

Not trying to be condescending at all, just that I really hoped it was a joke. I get the wind knocked out of me when I read posts such as the one you have above. It just screams excuses and yet more excuses; this is where we continue to live as Africans. Even the blacks in South Africa offer up similar excuses when queried on why they continue to do worse than other people in the same country. It is mindboggling!!

blackspade:

Conspiracy theories? Please point out the conspiracies. I'll be more than happy to back up everything I've typed on this thread.
How is that? This thread deals with the subject of AFRICOM, and me bringing up Somalia (and American proxies) is relevant to this topic, because it gives an idea of what's to come if AFRICOM were to fully materialize.
I'm the last person that would blame America for Africa's miseries. I very well know and accept the wrong doing of African leaders, but you can't simply ignore the vast amount of foreign interference that's been taking place for too long.
You're just as (if not more) naive as the poster above.
The animosity between Somalis and Ethiopians is something I didn't need you to explain to me.
You think America decided to support Ethiopia's military force for no reason? ROTFLMAO!!! (Now that's funny)
Thanks.

The situation here is I actually ACCEPT That America, or ANY OTHER COUNTRY On this planet, has, FIRST and FOREMOST, their interest at heart, and then those of others. Do you think you are in America yourself because America Loves humans and wants all humans to be as one? Or because America felt the need to show some sympathy to citizens of countries where it has left some scar of some kind? I suggest those of us who think that way should think again. When we start to make it seem as if the world ought to revolve around us and our kind, then we start to see minds that quickly start to lose touch with reality. This seems to the problem with majority in the black community, Africa included.

Life is not for us. Every human being, even Americans, look out first for number one before others. That is the NORM. We need to stop making it out to be some sort of EVIL conspiracy which it is NOT. Why are SOMALIANS/NIGERIANS not looking out for number one as well? That ought to be the question we ask ourselves more often than not. The UN, and other world organizations exist mainly to ensure that governments, and peoples, can attend to NUMBER ONE but at the same time, help number two IF there is an opportunity to do so without much burden. YOU yourself live that way as a human being, unless of course you are going to claim to be Jesus.

A man would be a very bad one if he did not take care of his children first, but cared for the children of his neighbors, neglecting his own. He would be an even worse dad if he did not ensure his kids were fed first before he went out to feed the neighbors children, even worse, a neighbor who has lots of food in his own house. Ofcourse if he did his charity outside of the house, those around will maybe see him as a hero, but what does all that matter if he is viewed as a curse by his own children?

The point is why are we not looking out for number one in Africa? Why do we continue to get handouts and the worst from our own kind? Why do we continue to think the world is evil for trying to guard their investment when that is what we ought to be doing ourselves?
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by udezue(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2009
The Igbo man is targeted every time a group of stupid Nigerians disagree with each other. Igbo businesses and lives are always destroyed. Igbos owe you nothing. What concerns you non-Igbos? North and even West of Niger? It aint like you have the best interest of Igbo at heart. My friend is n tha military and life is good for him. He aint crying. My brother is also n da military reserve as a doctor I say Igbos should take advantage of it all. People make it seem like joining the military means they will have an Igbo batalion somewhere. If they are there to wipe us out how come they haven't wiped out African Americans in the military?

Oh boi, If Cameroon invades Efik / Igbo land you people will wait as usual until they are done wiping out 7 million b4 u even ask questions. You will only care once they reach the oil producing areas coz u depend on oil for ur survival. What have Nigerian done about the mistreatment of (Efik) Bakassi ppl? Did they go to war? NOPE. What have they ever done about the genocides visited on our people countless times in the North? NOTHING. So who are u deceiving. Igbos and Easterners should never ever trust Nigeria at at all.

FYI, the average Cameroonian got no issue with Igbos. I'll rather live in Cameroon than live in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Becomrrich: 10:59pm On Feb 27, 2009
we yorubas would allow the USA to set up Africom in Yorubaland when we join the Republic of Benin. 100% sure.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Ifygurl: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
i agree with poster.

USA DO NOT LIKE US. THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING HOOT ABOUT US. resist them. Abi? Didn't they support the Biafra war, something that killed millions of our people. Now they want us to help them.
IGBOS RESIST USA. DO NOT JOIN THEIR ARMY. Let them deal with the mess they brought to themselves.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2009
Anyhow dem like make dem do. As for Udezue, make sure you sign 20 of your family members in. Of course Nigeria doesn't care much for her citizens not just the Igbos. And how is any other Nigerian better than the Igbos? undecided undecided undecided. JOIN the American military abeg!!! They want Yoruba and Hausa speakers too so all Nigerian in the USA can join. Who cares? Abeg go kpai!!!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Feb 28, 2009
I happen to know and have met a lot of NIgerians who are in the US force. I myself would have joined had I been qualified to. I respect a lot of these people and do not understand why some on here want to make an issue out of it when there really should be none.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I happen to know and have met a lot of NIgerians who are in the US force. I myself would have joined had I been qualified to. I respect a lot of these people and do not understand why some on here want to make an issue out of it when there really should be none.

My cousin de navy sef who cares? not me anymore, They are only protecting their investments after all. If anything goes wrong, kill all the politicians first before you point fingers!!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by naijaking1: 3:09am On Feb 28, 2009
merge:

[b]In the Biafra war, the US sided with the Hausa and Yoruba. The US supplied them with ammunitions, aid, etcs[/b]US has a hand in why Igbos are way they are today.

I don't know what's worse: your fabrications or ignorance. US did not take side against Biafra----- go do some basic research before coming here to expose yourself.

The truth:
1.US was mired in Vietnam.
2.Britain was the main support for the Federal side.
3.Biafran public relation profile was very good in US, that Ojukwu was made Time magazine Man of the year.
4.The American public rose up to condenm the killing of christian southerners by the muslim north.
5. By a gentle-man's agreement, Britain ensured that US did not get involved on the Biafran.
6. Instead, US covertly supported Isreali involvement on Biafran side.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by olanajim(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2009
Igbos in Nigeria has always been amasingly comic when it come to politics. Elsewhere, they are leaders in their fields. There is no one that can say in all certainty that Igbos were prevented from reaching the highest political office. Igbos have a reputation for speaking with many voices when it come to common interest. And they always expect other people to come and help them solve their internal problems. The refusal by other ethnics nationalities to heed that called what they call "maginalisation!"

History show that at many time, Igbos have chosen to play second fiddle in national politics rather than working toward the top. They also have the negative mentality that they "can never rule Nigeria" hence they never try. Except for Kalu who fought galantly, (without his people support) almost other Igbo leaders have a way of reaching compromise with other tribes and then drop their ambitions!

Obj was a product of Igbo's internal division. That 1999 election was the best time for Igbos to rule the country. But they went to back a man whose tribe has rejected against their own son Ekweme! And now they are complaining when that man dumped them and handed over power to the North. My guess is that had Alex Ekwueme been supported, and won the election, Yorubas would have been compensated with this Yar'adua govt as a result of MKO tragedy and the North will still be out of power! While the South South will have found a credible reason to agitate for the next presidency to complete the power rotation before it return to the North. Need I say that Igbo's disunity is costly to the whole country?

As for taking up American offer, it is a good opportunity to return to slavery! If you doubt me please read Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama. And see what he has to say about these kind of carrots that is being dangled before many weak nations.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by naijaking1: 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2009
@Olanajim
OBJ was made president by the same people who annulled June 12 elections, and "killed" MKO in jail---- as a compensation to the Yorubas, not because Igbos fought each others like crabs in a bucket.

If you don't understand the word marginalisation, please read Umaru Dikko's recent interview about policies they enacted to subdue Igbos since after the war. People like you shouldn't really say things they don't know, or do you want 10 examples of marginalization against the people of eastern Nigeria?

Your advice and those of Merge are mute, because eligible Igbo green card holders already know the US system much more than both of you appear to know on this thread.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by olanajim(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2009
@kobo,
I won't like to say that you are tribalistic, but sometimes I wonder where you get your facts. I hate to dabble into tribal discuss but somehow, when I do, I have got to be frank in my opinion.

The reason America was not involved was not what you stated! I also disagree with the level of Isreali involvement. Anyway, my idea is based of what I read. I wasn't born at the time so I can't turn myself into an authority. I am sure you also read those things. If you read them, I suggest that you learn to read with open mind. But if you were there, well, I can't argue with you.

Let me give you a modern example. If everyone were to narrate what actually happened on June 12, you will think it happened in 15 century were the witnesses were all dead! Even IBB have not been able to explain it! See?

Now let me summarized obama's thought for you as written in his own Audacity of Hope:
1. Obama considered Nigeria as one of the Rogue states that US must be careful of

AMERICAM WILL NEVER PURSUE THE SYSTEMATIC COLONIZATION PRACTICED BY EUROPEAN NATIONS, BUT IT SHED ALL INHIBITIONS ABOUT MEDDLING IN THE AFFAIRS OF COUNTRIES IT DEEMED STRATEGICALLY IMPORTANT. Page 282.

Also read page 280 to 281 and see how America foreign policy evolved.

And read page 315 paragraph 2. Paragraph 3 saw Obama admitted thd America was driven by self interest.

And on page 318, you read of how America gave the third world the policy they themselves will NEVER swallow!

Just read every thing!

American opted to have allies to serve their self interest. It is their own way of dignifying colonialism. Offer them incentives, aids, freedom and democracy and then subjugate them with their policies! Kobo, there is no doubt that Igbo will benefit from American military expedition. But the negative result will only manifest in the long run. If you doubt me, ask Saddam Husain, Osama Bin Laden where they get their power and your finding will aid your understanding!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by naijaking1: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2009
Guys, there are already many Nigerians in the US army today. Personally, I know 2 Yorubas, and 4 Igbos, and another guys who enrolled as a captain so that his medical school loan could be written off.

None of you---- ignorant advice givers are 1/2 as smart as these people grin
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2009
olanajim:

@kobo,
I won't like to say that you are tribalistic, but sometimes I wonder where you get your facts. I hate to dabble into tribal discuss but somehow, when I do, I have got to be frank in my opinion.

I think you are referencing the wrong ID above.

olanajim:

The reason America was not involved was not what you stated! I also disagree with the level of Isreali involvement. Anyway, my idea is based of what I read. I wasn't born at the time so I can't turn myself into an authority. I am sure you also read those things. If you read them, I suggest that you learn to read with open mind. But if you were there, well, I can't argue with you.

You Nigerians want to put america into all you can so you can claim you are relevant on some level to world history, huh?? Roflmao!! I think you ought to consult reality and learn to read more books yourself. Those who were born then and actually fought in the world would tell you that you may not want to inject America into the mix as you may be thinking to do above.

olanajim:

Let me give you a modern example. If everyone were to narrate what actually happened on June 12, you will think it happened in 15 century were the witnesses were all dead! Even IBB have not been able to explain it! See?

Now let me summarized obama's thought for you as written in his own Audacity of Hope:
1. Obama considered Nigeria as one of the Rogue states that US must be careful of
AMERICAM WILL NEVER PURSUE THE SYSTEMATIC COLONIZATION PRACTICED BY EUROPEAN NATIONS, BUT IT SHED ALL INHIBITIONS ABOUT MEDDLING IN THE AFFAIRS OF COUNTRIES IT DEEMED STRATEGICALLY IMPORTANT. Page 282.
Also read page 280 to 281 and see how America foreign policy evolved.
And read page 315 paragraph 2. Paragraph 3 saw Obama admitted thd America was driven by self interest.
And on page 318, you read of how America gave the third world the policy they themselves will NEVER swallow!
Just read every thing!

Now the book Audacity of Hope is now the History book that speaks truth?? WOW!!! . Please @Olanajim, may I suggest you stick to religious ramblings.  That book offers you YET ANOTHER view point and nothing more. So if you really want to learn what happened, you will have to read different view points and then stitch it all together as you want to, knowing and understanding that what you have in the end, would still not be absolute and could very well be far from the reality of what happened. That is how you read books.

olanajim:
American opted to have allies to serve their self interest. It is their own way of dignifying colonialism. Offer them incentives, aids, freedom and democracy and then subjugate them with their policies! Kobo, there is no doubt that Igbo will benefit from American military expedition. But the negative result will only manifest in the long run. If you doubt me, ask Saddam Husain, Osama Bin Laden where they get their power and your finding will aid your understanding!
WOW!!!  Please, really stick to religious ramblings dude!!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by olanajim(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2009
Naijaking,
Are you telling me that the Wise Men who founded PDP are the one that annulled june 12? Did you know how PDP was founded and those involved? Did you know how and when it was hijacked? Did you know that some people "sold-out" their opportunity before it was hijacked? Did you bother to check on the background and root of those people? Did you know the people that was used to anulled june 12? Did you know that AD was a faction of PDP that left because of those elements in the PDP? Did you know why Igbos and NOT Ijaws were listed by US?

Hey, let me ask you a question: Between Igbo and Ijaw, who has the right to shout more about maginalisation?

I read the interview. And I must admit that it wasn't fair. But did you bother to know why it was so at the time? If you want to have a deep understanding of that policy which, I must confess WAS JUSTIFIED AFTER THE WAR, then go study the Isreal reasons for opposing Armed palestinian state. I had a little exposure to military by knowledge. I'd have ended in army too but for some anormally. The civilians can't understand certain things.

However, in the context of modern Nigeria, that rule had been eased. You can't just wake up to appoint a general in Army. And you don't just appoint a COAS just because of tribe. There will be mutiny! What we have is that the young Army has to work up the ladder while their senior are gradually retired. Obj retired alot of Northen Soldiers and elevated the Southen ones. All these were to allow for a balance proportion. Army don't appoint base on tribe. If Igbos choose to retire before they reach the rank of General, you can't blame anyone. What happened in police can't happen in Army, please.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by asha80(m): 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2009
Obj was a product of Igbo's internal division. That 1999 election was the best time for Igbos to rule the country. But they went to back a man whose tribe has rejected against their own son Ekweme! And now they are complaining when that man dumped them and handed over power to the North. My guess is that had Alex Ekwueme been supported, and won the election, Yorubas would have been compensated with this Yar'adua govt as a result of MKO tragedy and the North will still be out of power! While the South South will have found a credible reason to agitate for the next presidency to complete the power rotation before it return to the North. Need I say that Igbo's disunity is costly to the whole country?

This sounds like saying that igbos are the problem with nigeria. undecided

Kobojukie tribalistic

Tribalistc is probably the last word i can think of to qualify kobojunkie.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by naijaking1: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2009
olanajim:

Naijaking,
Are you telling me that the Wise Men who founded PDP are the one that annulled june 12? Did you know how PDP was founded and those involved? Did you know how and when it was hijacked? Did you know that some people "sold-out" their opportunity before it was hijacked? Did you bother to check on the background and root of those people? Did you know the people that was used to anulled june 12? Did you know that AD was a faction of PDP that left because of those elements in the PDP? Did you know why Igbos and NOT Ijaws were listed by US?

Are you, sir, the only living adult Nigeria who does not know that the IBB group released OBJ from jail, cleaned him up and installed him president?

olanajim:

Naijaking,
Hey, let me ask you a question: Between Igbo and Ijaw, who has the right to shout more about maginalisation?

The Egbas and the Ijebus, who more marginalized? Federal government manipulation of internal problem b/w the Igbos and the Ijaws has led to marginalisation of the Igbos, and abject stealing/rape/destruction of the Ijaws.

olanajim:

Naijaking,
I read the interview. And I must admit that it wasn't fair. But did you bother to know why it was so at the time? If you want to have a deep understanding of that policy which, I must confess WAS JUSTIFIED AFTER THE WAR, then go study the Isreal reasons for opposing Armed palestinian state. I had a little exposure to military by knowledge. I'd have ended in army too but for some anormally. The civilians can't understand certain things.

I thought you did not agree that the Igbos were marginalised, now you say it was JUSTIFIED

olanajim:

Naijaking,
However, in the context of modern Nigeria, that rule had been eased. You can't just wake up to appoint a general in Army. And you don't just appoint a COAS just because of tribe. There will be mutiny! What we have is that the young Army has to work up the ladder while their senior are gradually retired. Obj retired alot of Northen Soldiers and elevated the Southen ones. All these were to allow for a balance proportion. Army don't appoint base on tribe. If Igbos choose to retire before they reach the rank of General, you can't blame anyone. What happened in police can't happen in Army, please.
You're so wrong.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by olanajim(m): 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2009
@naijaking,
you are the one referencing the wrong ID!

First I am posting from mobile and hence you have not posted before I post. Second, my first post was directed at the topic even before I read any opinion. The second was directed at kobo's last post. I read the thread first 5 replies and the last one and the picked up kobo's. I am not in habit of reading threads that aim at attacking other people.

That said, I replied you based on the last thread I read from you though you may be faster by virture of using PC.

My posts were obviously not made to discourage people from taking opportunities abroad but reasons advanced for it. Instead of picking my words and rewording it to suit your personal interest, I advise that you take time to read them and learn to understand my motive rather than trying to provoke silly debates.

When discussing contempory issues, one can't be right everytime. By listening and understanding the motive behind arguments, we can, if we are wise learn from one another. Your motive was to advance tribal sentiment, while mine was to advance general sentiment. I have no attachment to any of the tribes. I can't even speak my own language. I also don't look like one!

Rather than turning the thread to Hausa vs Igbo, isn't it wise to delibrate on the pros and cons of that enlistment? Isn't it wise to look at the inside issues that are hidden in such carrots? Isn't it wise to discuss how some people have made a success of it and how it has also failed?

If you think I am that ignorant as you mentioned above, then I am honoured to be one. No wonder, the country refuse to advance!

So my dear naijaking, direct your tribal cannon at another person. I want to discuss issue and not tribal sentiment.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2009
Now I am confused!!

Roflmao!!!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by olanajim(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2009
@naijaking,
Reading your reply to my post that have absolutely nothing to do with your post made me wonder whether you are worth my time!

No where did I mentioned Religion or appeal to religion sentiment in my post. Until recently, I have stayed away from religion dialogues in public. I am therefore not qualified to be tagged with religion sentiment in my post.

But your post show much more about you. You reminded me of a law in psychology. In layman words: you always assume others have, or are what you are. And therefore, depending on the nature of that traits, you start treating others as appropriate. For instance, if you are a liar, you will always assume that others are lying as long as you have nothing to think otherwise. Same with when you are religion jingoist.

Try learn from what I said about kokojunkie. I said," I wouldn't say you are a tribalist," why do you think I worded it that way instead of calling her a tribalist? It was because I knew she had a wider views. It was also because I wanted her clarify, rather than me making irrational conclusion. I used words carefully when discusing sensitive issues. Maybe that is what you read as IGNORANT. God help you!

That said, Audicity of hope is not history book but a life, thoughts and visions of Barack Obama. He however dwel on history sometimes just as he wrote his autobiography. The pages I ref you was part of history and it will do you good to read them instead of making out of tune guesses. On it, Obama tracked some of the factors that drive American foreign policies to post world war2. He also expressed his candid opinion. I was trying to draw your attention to a fact that when America intervene in some nathons internal affairs, it is often for selfish reason and that Obama agreed with that.

On Saddam and Osama, it will be a tragedy if you don't know the circumstance that brought them power that they eventually used on their mentor! I wish you are good at being impartial and open-minded.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2009
Now I am even more confused. Roflmao!!
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by olanajim(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2009
And where there have been a mixup in the ID, then it is regreted. When posting from mobile, you won't see the name of who said who. I honestly don't read names, I read what they post. Perhaps I have mixed up the names. The issues and opinion remain intact. Just change the name as applicable. I almost had an acident the last time I posted. Maybe when I get home, I will see how the names got mixed up.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by naijaking1: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2009
Olanajim
I sympathize with you're being on the road, but if that's what making you so incoherent, maybe you should wait till you can make sense in your thought processes to contribute to this thread.
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by Phemzy(m): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2009
The question you never ask yourself is that
(1) Why Igbos
Re: Igbos Don't Join The United States Army and Resist Africom by naijaking1: 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2009
Phemzy:

The question you never ask yourself is that
(1) Why Igbos

Good question, that's what we all trying to find decipher. Asking Igbos not to join, when many already joined, and when the reason for asking them not to join is based on false premises is unacceptable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu / Yahaya Bello Visits Shehu Idris, Emir Of Zazzau / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.