Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,448 members, 7,958,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today (81671 Views)

3 Badoo Members Burnt To Death In Ikorodu Today (Graphic Pics, Video) / Armed Robbers Attack Banks In Iwo, Osun State (Photos) / Soldiers Force Armed Robbers To Dance Unclad(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by omojeesu(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
What a Police Force we have!
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
RockMaxi:

Campaign after election, return to do what??
grin grin grin
to carry d building naa! Lol
Nigeria police with their fake actions! My joy is that there is no recorded death....they came for d money alone!

3 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by wolebanks(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
God win! No life was lost. Insurance will pay lost funds. The Police caught the FCMB Lekki robbers that killed 4 of their men. This is another test.

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by andyanders: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
meforyou1:
Nigeria police force is the highest disgrace bequeathed to mankind

Exactly. The police must be part of the crime.How can that happen directly opposite a police station and the first arrest to be made should be the police opposite the bank as they should be the first suspects.

For good 2 hrs as they said, they never did anything goes to show their connivance and incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Section8(m): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
So the police station was opposite the bank and no policeman turned up?! LMAO!! 9ja policemen are nothing but jokes!

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Lagos state government buy an helicopter or fighter jet for the police.... If there was an helicopter they would have trailed the robbers... I wonder what our airforce are doing, can't the police make a call to the airforce to support them, what about the Navy... Security will be guaranteed when airforce +navy+soldiers work with the police until the police is capable and vast

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by wolebanks(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:
NIGERIAN "PRISON" BREAK... Overly prepared for
But you know what I think? I love their courage cum strategy.
Correct complete plan! No failure, no loophole,
Our NPF needs them to be their lecturer.

Good one guys, but ...#DiaRizGod oo... Under 20
you are impressed. You like to join them?

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by wirinet(m): 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
insycarc:
Lagos state government buy an helicopter or fighter jet for the police.... If there was an helicopter they would have trailed the robbers... I wonder what our airforce are doing, can't the police make a call to the airforce to support them, what about the Navy... Security will be guaranteed when airforce +navy+soldiers work with the police until the police is capable and vast

Airforce, Navy and Soldiers are not trained to fight crime, their constitutional duties is to protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Which country have you seen deploying Airforce (maybe with F16 ir MiGs) chasing armed robber or Navy using Battleships to battle robbers. Deploying soldiers to be chasing robbers is demeaning to the military.

The problem we have is a structurally ineffective police force, the police is more pre occupied with guarding politicians and the rich elite. Those that do not have the opportunity to work for big men go after soft targets like motorists, commercial bus drivers, innocent citizens, etc. The police would never go after armed robbers and area boys.

The police should have a special armed unit (a kind of special forces), that can be deployed anywhere within zone within minutes to confront dangerous armed robbers. The unit should have modern assault weapons, helicopters, armored tanks and even gun boats to be able to confront robbers in the lagoon.

Ordinary police in the UK do not carry Guns, but if there is a robbery attack, the special unit would be there within 15 mins.

Another crucial unit the Nigerian police lacks is a crime lab or forensic lab, that is why the police rely on confessions (extracted forcefully or otherwise) and witnesses (false or true)to try cases.

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by toluls(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
BabaO2:
where are the crime fighter helicopters bought by Lagos state government few years ago?.

May God bless you.

One helicopter is enough to stop all these. I hope we get there some day.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by hefty4real(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
godoluwa:
lmao. if u understand what I mean or u witness that experience, walahi u go shit 4 pant. it happen 4 my hometown where female stands on a vehicle spraying bullets, she has a tortoise on her chest, even in front of police station & d policemen sef cant come out.
Lol. Who wan die b4?
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by maimota(f): 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
metronaija:
Details have emerged on the robbery which occurred in the early hours of today at Ogolonto area of Ikorodu, Lagos state.

A lady reportedly led the gang to the banks and stayed outside while the operation lasted.

The leader of the gang was said to have sat down in front of the bank and was bragging, as no policeman was able to confront her as she was reported to have used a charm which she tied around her neck.

Sources at the Zenith bank disclosed that there were about 15 armed robbers whose ages should not be more than 20years.

The bank’s safe as reported was broken with the use of dynamite and the staffs were made to lie on the floor while the robbery continued.

The young robbers were reported to have burnt three of their vehicles in front of Origin Gardens, a recreational place not far from scene of the incident, and escaped via the ferry service operated beside the Garden.

A witness at the scene of the robbers’ escape said: “I could not dare stare them in the face. I just lay on the floor as they instructed and waited there until they left. I have never seen anything like that before.”

One of the owners of the garden (name withheld), whose car was burnt alongside the three jeeps, described the incident as a really shocking one.

“Nobody is ready to talk to you right now because we are all in shock. My car was burnt and I could not face the people. Don’t ask me how they escaped, why didn’t you come here when the robbery was going on?”

At the First Bank robbery scene, the suspects used a device to open the computerized door to gain entrance to the banking hall.

Monies were carted away but no staff of the bank was killed.

Only one person was reportedly shot in the leg and has been taken to Ikorodu General Hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, the armored tank which the policemen used to stage a pursuit of the robbers was pelted with bullets that almost penetrated the bullet-proof vehicle.

Lagos state Commissioner of Police (CP), Kayode Aderanti, who was at the escape route, told reporters that the police would investigate the matter to know how the robbers carried out their operation successfully.

When he asked why none of his men could confront the robbers during the two-hour period that the incident lasted despite the fact that a police station was opposite the bank, he said: “we shall look into the matter and investigate thoroughly to know what happened”

As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties.

Efforts to get Mr. Kenneth Nwosu, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) proved futile as calls put across to him were not replied.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/how-lady-led-robbers-to-attack-banks-in.html

Big shame to Nigeria police. They need serious restructuring, infact they should be replaced with vigilant group jor.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
wirinet:

Airforce, Navy and Soldiers are not trained to fight crime, their constitutional duties is to protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Which country have you seen deploying Airforce (maybe with F16 ir MiGs) chasing armed robber or Navy using Battleships to battle robbers. Deploying soldiers to be chasing robbers is demeaning to the military.

The problem we have is a structurally ineffective police force, the police is more pre occupied with guarding politicians and the rich elite. Those that do not have the opportunity to work for big men go after soft targets like motorists, commercial bus drivers, innocent citizens, etc. The police would never go after armed robbers and area boys.

The police should have a special armed unit (a kind of special forces), that can be deployed anywhere within zone within minutes to confront dangerous armed robbers. The unit should have modern assault weapons, helicopters, armored tanks and even gun boats to be able to confront robbers in the lagoon.

Ordinary police in the UK do not carry Guns, but if there is a robbery attack, the special unit would be there within 15 mins.

Another crucial unit the Nigerian police lacks is a crime lab or forensic lab, that is why the police rely on confessions (extracted forcefully or otherwise) and witnesses (false or true)to try cases.
wirinet:

wirinet:

who is in charge of our water ways?? you comparing naija to UK, like I said till our police is capable the Navy and airforce should back them up when robberies like this happen..
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by macino1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmmm!

Indeed, there was a country
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by majalisa(m): 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Elmasu:
People dat re criticizing d police shuld kukuma join and face a real bullet encount wit robbers next time. Hw much do u think is their salary? If they die una go take care of their family? Always put urself in their position first b4 saying silly tins. Para dey everywhere ,nobody wan use hin life gamble wit d kinda peanut they earn too.
have u heard of occupational hazard?..sorry I forgot u are a police man before u come flog me for checkpoint cos of N10.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by smackazi(m): 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
we shall look into the matter and investigate thoroughly to know what happened
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by wirinet(m): 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
insycarc:

who is in charge of our water ways?? you comparing naija to UK, like I said till our police is capable the Navy and airforce should back them up when robberies like this happen..

The Navy should not be in charge of the water ways (lagoons and creeks), there should be a special branch (actually there is) of police responsible for policing our water ways. The navy should be patrolling our coastal waters against external infiltratration. I am telling you that in modern democracies, the police should be responsible for enforcing law and order.

The military is not trained to arrest and disarm robbers, they are trained to use maximum force to eliminate treats to the country or use the same maximum threat to attack the enemy. The command structure of the army, air force or navy is not suitable for crime fighting.

Nigeria is the only country that denigrates its military. You want to hold elections, you bring in the soldiers. You want to guard pipelines, you deploy the airforce and navy. Meanwhile Boko Haram and others (probably Cameroon) and foriegn aircrafts are violating our airspace at will.You are now asking the army to be pursuing robbers. You should be advocating for proper structuring, training and equiping of the police force allow them carry out their constitutional responsibility.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Obynolee(f): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2015
metronaija:
Details have emerged on the robbery which occurred in the early hours of today at Ogolonto area of Ikorodu, Lagos state.

A lady reportedly led the gang to the banks and stayed outside while the operation lasted.

The leader of the gang was said to have sat down in front of the bank and was bragging, as no policeman was able to confront her as she was reported to have used a charm which she tied around her neck.

Sources at the Zenith bank disclosed that there were about 15 armed robbers whose ages should not be more than 20years.

The bank’s safe as reported was broken with the use of dynamite and the staffs were made to lie on the floor while the robbery continued.

The young robbers were reported to have burnt three of their vehicles in front of Origin Gardens, a recreational place not far from scene of the incident, and escaped via the ferry service operated beside the Garden.

A witness at the scene of the robbers’ escape said: “I could not dare stare them in the face. I just lay on the floor as they instructed and waited there until they left. I have never seen anything like that before.”

One of the owners of the garden (name withheld), whose car was burnt alongside the three jeeps, described the incident as a really shocking one.

“Nobody is ready to talk to you right now because we are all in shock. My car was burnt and I could not face the people. Don’t ask me how they escaped, why didn’t you come here when the robbery was going on?”

At the First Bank robbery scene, the suspects used a device to open the computerized door to gain entrance to the banking hall.

Only one person was reportedly shot in the leg and has been taken to Ikorodu General Hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, the armored tank which the policemen used to stage a pursuit of the robbers was pelted with bullets that almost penetrated the bullet-proof vehicle.

Lagos state Commissioner of Police (CP), Kayode Aderanti, who was at the escape route, told reporters that the police would investigate the matter to know how the robbers carried out their operation successfully.

When he asked why none of his men could confront the robbers during the two-hour period that the incident lasted despite the fact that a police station was opposite the bank, he said: “we shall look into the matter and investigate thoroughly to know what happened”

As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties.

Efforts to get Mr. Kenneth Nwosu, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) proved futile as calls put across to him were not replied.

Useless Nigerian police force,it is only in Nigeria that robbers will have such filled day(2 hours)without a challege,and police will come after the incidence to terrorise innocent ones.Hope Buhari is seeing this,not too long that he ordered soldiers to vacate check points and police to take over the internal security(though constitutional)but how prepared is our police force,
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Obynolee(f): 5:49am On Jun 25, 2015
RockMaxi:

grin grin grin

Help me ask oooo,don't be suprise that they will start arrest people on the suspicion of the incident,useless police

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Obynolee(f): 5:52am On Jun 25, 2015
free2ryhme:
police no be spirit ooo

nobody wan die

What is their primary assignment?,did anybody force them to join?,the only thing they know best is estortion.Very useless force
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Emeka71(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2015
MuhMubRaj:
The robbers are nice, At least they didn't kill anybody and the money they "took" belongs to the bank not customers
You are on point.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by tosmartak(m): 8:31am On Jun 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
U no dhe watch nollywood movies at all ?
grin
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by free2ryhme: 8:51am On Jun 25, 2015
hereiam:

its people like you that call black.white claiming i bliv you dnt live in nija.
must everything be done the wrong way in the name of na naija we dey.
with pple like u this country cannot move forward.

Police keeps doing things the wrong it is in their blood
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by chloee(f): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2015
Where is BRF? GEJ was in Lagos yesterday? embarassed
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by hob(m): 10:24am On Jun 25, 2015
A well coordinated assault. thank God no lives was lost. Our police are so under equipped for this sort of fire power and i wonder what the police authority have been doing to solve this situation. its quite pathetic, for two banks to be robbed simultaneously and a police station is just right there and no sort of resistance at all. What a predicament we are in. Mr Ambode, thought you had a meeting wt all the chief security operatives in the state. What is happening. We don't want the era of Armed robbery to return to our Dear Lagos. Please do something A.S.A.P

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2015
wirinet:

The Navy should not be in charge of the water ways (lagoons and creeks), there should be a special branch (actually there is) of police responsible for policing our water ways. The navy should be patrolling our coastal waters against external infiltratration. I am telling you that in modern democracies, the police should be responsible for enforcing law and order.

The military is not trained to arrest and disarm robbers, they are trained to use maximum force to eliminate treats to the country or use the same maximum threat to attack the enemy. The command structure of the army, air force or navy is not suitable for crime fighting.

Nigeria is the only country that denigrates its military. You want to hold elections, you bring in the soldiers. You want to guard pipelines, you deploy the airforce and navy. Meanwhile Boko Haram and others (probably Cameroon) and foriegn aircrafts are violating our airspace at will.You are now asking the army to be pursuing robbers. You should be advocating for proper structuring, training and equiping of the police force allow them carry out their constitutional responsibility.
how many years will it take the corrupt police to be trained efficiently and well equipped... within those years would it be a wrong idea for the military to help the police via air and water until they are capable?? the police is dead, how can a dead parastatal guarantee that protection of lives and property
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by udoojah(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2015
RockMaxi:

grin grin grin
this got me laughing like a mad man

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by ifeoluwasegun(m): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
wolebanks:
you are impressed. You like to join them?

Yes, I am very much impressed with their ideology, their brainbox challenges me. What's my problem with what they chose to do with their brain? #NONE OF MY BUSINESS. I love their brain, not what they use it for.

#BE.NOTED
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by pbs4real(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2015
metronaija:

heard the suspect caught said the lady who led the squad isn't female but male and the snake around her waist is bullet proof.....God help us
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by andyanders: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
insycarc:
how many years will it take the corrupt police to be trained efficiently and well equipped... within those years would it be a wrong idea for the military to help the police via air and water until they are capable?? the police is dead, how can a dead parastatal guarantee that protection of lives and property

You are right. We are talking about The Nigerian Police force and not The UK Police here. Even if you bring in the best equipment to combat crime in Nigeria and train the Nigerian police on the use of those equipment, they will abandon it and take to the street looking for who to extort money from.
Equip them and pay them 1 million per month, they will still prefer to extort from the poor masses on the street.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by LLVelly: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
God don bless dis robbers. I pray make dem utilise the money well. Thank God dem no kill anybody.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by newspapers: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2015
DBanj was also attacked by some area boys on Saturday begging him for money - http://www.newscabal.com/2015/09/17/dbanj-attacked-and-robbed-in-lagos-by-area-boys/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kodar Green, NDU Student Killed In Cultist Reprisal Attack In Bayelsa (Graphic) / Chidinma Ojukwu Crowned Miss Cell At Kirikiri Prison. / "My Aunt Watched While Men She Brought Slept With Me" - 20-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.