Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers (2664 Views)

Bridal Squad Puts Backsides On Display, As Groomsman Checks Them Out (pics) / Photo Of A Gun Pose By A Wedding Couple And Their Bridal Train Goes Viral / Present Ranking In Bachelor-hood, Where Do You Belong?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mostly the day or night before we make one of the most important decisions in our lives- marriage. Before we say "I do" to the man or woman we chose to spend our lives with.
Yet this has become in recent times the day/night all manner of terrible evil happen.

"Let me have fun for the last time" is usually the saying.
Recently I heard of a bachelor's eve were the groom publicly slept with several girls in the name of fun for the last time, another the bride getting drunk and laid. We see online the bride along with her friends playing with toy p**is and boldly showcasing it on social media, large quantities of alcohol consumed, groom dancing with strippers, pictures of which I am too ashamed to post.

Is our morality really gone? That the groom or bride getting married the day after have such room to do the unthinkable. Have we lost our sense of dignity? Where should we draw the line?

It is called Holy Matrimony for a reason. Though it is the end to being single but it is also the begining of a Holy Union (marriage). #BringBackMorality

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by nairamaverick(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Unholy matrimony
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by knyte(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
moses1987:
Mostly the day or night before we make one of the most important decisions in our lives- marriage. Before we say "I do" to the man or woman we chose to spend our lives with.
Yet this has become in recent times the day/night all manner of terrible evil happen.

Recently I heard of a bachelor's eve were the groom publicly slept with several girls in the name of fun for the last time, another the bride getting drunk and laid. We see online the bride along with her friends playing with toy p**is and boldly showcasing it on social media, large quantities of alcohol consumed, groom dancing with strippers, pictures of which I am too ashamed to post.

Is our morality really gone? That the groom or bride getting married the day after have such room to do the unthinkable. Have we lost our sense of dignity? Where should we draw the line?

It is called Holy Matrimony for a reason. Though it is the end to being single but it is also the begining of a Holy Union (marriage). #BringBackMorality
Sips sekpe, u were saying?
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
moses1987:

Do you even know the origins of this ceremony - it is not Christian you know.. debauchery and lasciviousness in excess is the norm
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Cutehector(m): 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Na to copy we sabi.... Even for october 31st, some nigerians go dey celebrate haloween.. Imajine.. Copy copy.. Kai
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
voltron:

Do you even know the origins of this ceremony - it is not Christian you know.. debauchery and lasciviousness in excess is the norm

yeah I know the origin is not christianity, we talking morality here.

Should Debauchery and lasciviousness in excess truly become a norm??
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
moses1987:

yeah I know the origin is not christianity, we talking morality here.

Should Debauchery and lasciviousness in excess truly become a norm??

That was the norm from Greece to Rome and even the Jews.. in those times.. morality as much as we love to believe is only as universal as a few concepts of societal values.. Right to Life and Right to Love (to mention a few) Did you know some societies consider eating a cow for meat is immoral?
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
voltron:

That was the norm from Greece to Rome and even the Jews.. in those times.. morality as much as we love to believe is only as universal as a few concepts of societal values.. Right to Life and Right to Love (to mention a few) Did you know some societies consider eating a cow for meat is immoral?

will you allow your wife to be play with toys with her female friends or get laid a night to your wedding because "it is a norm"?

1 Like

Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
knyte:
Sips sekpe, u were saying?
adjust ur lens.
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by AsanwaKC(f): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Na so we see am
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by sexymoma(f): 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
You are right...
And i bliv Africans are begining lose their culture to the whity
talk about baby shower, i do ask myself the essence of this so called thing
The rate of divorcee we have in Nigeria is now becoming annoying
Babymamas is now a normal thing we celebrate in our country

1 Like

Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
sexymoma:
You are right...
The rate of divorcee we have in Nigeria is now becoming annoying
Babymamas is now a normal thing we celebrate in our country

it is worrisome.

And I wonder what actually makes an act "normal". Is it when one hollywood or nollywood "star" does it that makes it normal or trendy
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Marthaodion(f): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Op, you are very correct. Immorality is at its peak all over the world. Bachelors eve and bridal showers doesn't make sense to me at all.
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
moses1987:

will you allow your wife to be play with toys with her female friends or get laid a night to your wedding because "it is a norm"?

If I was a swede and it is fine by customs. Go to makurdi and see where wives are given to guests to keep good company with. Using wife or mother or sister does not define the question in clearer terms. What you are talking about is morality . it is a broad and subjective theme. Some acceptable generally and yet in contrast in some societies. Do you think suicide is immoral? In ancient Japan and still in modern times, it is considered honorable.

If you are going to be truthful about morality.. Recognize that it is influenced within a region of common beliefs and interests. Is being gay immoral? Well not to some... It is actually your own opinion and of those within similar thought circles.

1 Like

Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
voltron:

What you are talking about is morality . it is a broad and subjective theme. Some acceptable generally and yet in contrast in some societies.
If you are going to be truthful about morality.. Recognize that it is influenced within a region of common beliefs and interests.

Here is the question
So should this practice that is slowly becoming a tradition be specified proper or an acceptable form of conduct in our society??
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
moses1987:

Here is the question
So should this practice that is slowly becoming a tradition be specified proper or an acceptable form of conduct in our society??

While i do not subscribe to such practice (besides the drinking which is fine) I should point out that it is all a matter of public acceptability

Forgive my fussiness but before I answer your question, let me clarify what you have said and answer it in a manner that is not open to misinterpretation, ill-matured opinions (one without the benefit of a broader depth of "available" unbiased information) and sentimentalism.

1: Practice - to follow or observe habitually (habit) or customarily (custom) for example, It is not the practice here for men to wear long hair or earrings.
This is to say that a practice may be the norm elsewhere but may not be acceptable somewhere else.

2: Tradition - the handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc., from generation to generation, especially by word of mouth or by practice: - a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting (habit)
This is to say that what is acceptable in certain spheres by the generality is based on historically accumulated experiences which may or may not be appropriate (or acceptable) in present times given the availability and maturity of knowledge (available information + new experiences). At some point in Nigeria, twins were drowned in rivers but as more information became available, this practice stopped - oddly, twins are now killed for magical powers. grin

3: Proper or Acceptable - conforming to established standards of behavior or manners; correct or decorous or capable of being endured; tolerable; bearable.
In Nigeria for instance, there used to be a strong, physical aversion for LGBTs but these days, there is a degree of tolerance as they are in the Senate, Celebrities, Entrepreneurs, Bankers, Priests etc.

So to answer your question - You do not need to specify a practice as acceptable to society, society itself will naturally (as resistance wanes with time) agree with any practice and ultimately it will become a tradition/custom for a duration (short or long) - note that at some point in Nigeria's Religious history, it was an anomaly to see an Opulent Preacher of the Word of God.. but now it is a Righteous Virtue to Preach the Word of God seated in Lush Leather reading the word from a finely polished Pinewood podium wafted in the scent of Thomas Creed and Amouage perfumes. I rest my case
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by Vado(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Op is it your morality? Lol.
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 9:48am On Jun 25, 2015
So to answer your question - You do not need to specify a practice as acceptable to society, society itself will naturally (as resistance wanes with time) agree with any practice and ultimately it will become a tradition/custom for a duration (short or long) [/quote]

You carefully didn't answer the question,

The society is made up by the people that live in it, and we determine what becomes a practice and what doesn't. Somethings are just wrong and should not be allowed to become a norm in our society.
Rape can never become a norm, why? Because it is wrong and our society (the people in it) doesn't permit it. Thats why people campaign against it, an not allow it die "naturally".
same should go for this.
Well it all goes down to what "Moral standards" you have personally created for your self as an individual.
Re: Morality Gone? Excesses In Bachelor's Eve & Bridal Showers by moses1987(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2015
So to answer your question - You do not need to specify a practice as acceptable to society, society itself will naturally (as resistance wanes with time) agree with any practice and ultimately it will become a tradition/custom for a duration (short or long) [/quote]

You carefully didn't answer the question,

The society is made up by the people that live in it, and we determine what becomes a practice and what doesn't. Somethings are just wrong and should not be allowed to become a norm in our society.
Rape can never become a norm, why? Because it is wrong and our society (the people in it) doesn't permit it. Thats why people campaign against it, an not allow it die "naturally".
same should go for this.
Well it all goes down to what "Moral standards" you have personally created for your self as a person.

(1) (Reply)

5 reasons why men like P** girls. / I Officially Proposed To Her. Join Me And Be Happy! / A Nairalander's Birthday Message.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.